Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

5 Online
  • Tired

Anyone taking Prozac?

I was just increased from 60 to 80 mg.  Seems to help.  Anyone take even higherdose?  Can a real high dose stop anxiety and worry?  Not just lessen it?
  • _Catwoman_

Giving up on everything.....

So like every year for the past 4yrs my family goes to Florida for the summer but this year turned out to be different, my mom was looking for a job in FL and didn't tell me until she got a job and told me we had to move and literary we bought a house as soon as she found out she got the job and we had to buy all new furniture and all of our stuff is still back in Ct (where I'm from) and we don't...
  • mlwhitney34

Natural Anxiety Cures...

I need some natural anxiety cures. I take anxiety medicine on occasion, but that doesn't cure the problem, so natural solutions would be best and if anyone can give me any tips that really help them and are effective. Exercise is out of the question for me. I do know of a few....1) Meditation - very effective and relaxing!2) Zen music3) Essential Oils4) Walking 5) Thinking about a naturistic or...
  • 1silently

High Anxiety

I've been under a lot of stress to the point I'm getting physically sick. I feel nasaeus and if I'm upset enough will throw up, I have had stomach problems and even diarrhea when I get so upset. I've been getting stress headaches and just having constant insomnia. I try to relax and remind myself it will pass and I'm okay but my thoughts keep turning into painful things that make my anxiety and...
  • 7LeviMichaelis7

Hello...

i need help... i'm only 14 and having on and off panic attacks..... what should i do? i don't know if there is anyone i can trust or go to.....everyone wants to leave me... and i'm going crazy.... please help...
  • alextransy

Unsupporting parents.

hello. I am Alex. I am a trans male and my parents don't support me. I'm scared of going out in public with my parents because what if I see someone i know and they call me he-him. My parents always correct people of my gender (to she-her) no matter who I'm with. I get constant anxiety moments when I'm going in public. I don't know how to get them to support me. Or to guide them to using my...
  • crazyhorsefreak102

Here's hoping If

yesterday I went to see my family doctor regarding my anxiety.  He prescribed Prozac for it and I don't know if that'll be any help.  I have yet to start taking it since I'm not sure of the side effects- it may have.i've been getting a crazy amount of mood swings- so here's hoping it'll help.has anyone taken this for Anxiety before? If so did it help?? 
  • emptyingheart

Hi I'm new

Hi I'm new to the group. I'm 19.  I think I have depression and anxiety which will very well likely cost me my job. Then I'll have to go back home. Where my parents don't understand and I've lost all the plans I've had for myself for my future. I've been having random anxiety attacks and they seem to keep getting worse. Any suggestions on how to help it?
  • bashful2903

anxiety and ptsd.

I hate how my anxiety and ptsd has taken over my life, its mad because my attacks only happen in certain places, ie, i can go to work where i am constantly interacting with the public and i am fine, its like a super confidence comes over me and i feel normal, yet put me in a hall to watch one of my childrens concerts and i freak out, numerous times i have walked out in a state, a full on panic...
  • ShineBright86

feeling awful

Out of nowhere, I feel super anxious and depressed.. It seems to come and go but tonight is very bad. I just want to cry. I have a 12 yr old boy with some special needs and I am practically raising him all by myself.. I feel so disconnected from everyone in a way. It's hard to explain but I am trying hard to make friends and I am pretty socially awkward. I am in network marketing (Multi level...
  • pinkflowers

A kind word

I am having a terrible day! I don't have anyone else to talk to. I need some kind words from you  I am feeling so sick but I suffer from health anxiety so I have no parameters to know how bad it really is or not. I am scared to go to the doctor, to be exagerating what is going on with me and to get send to do pretty invasive studies because I say I feel horrible when it may not be necessary. But...
  • Audere

Plagued with Guilt

Hi~So in March I gained 18 lbs. in 2 weeks - I was diagnosed last month with a hormonal imbalance affecting my thyroid, among other things.  This could have been triggered by poor eating habits, as I used to get so anxious about eating too much that I would go for very long periods of time without eating anything at all.  I also thought I was fat before the weight gain, even though I was in...
  • pinkflowers

I don't know what is anxiety anymore

Hi,I have been dealing with anxiety for over 4 years, and i thought I learned how to recognize it but now it's taking a new turn. I have been feeling nauseous and had an upset stomach (including stomach pain) for a month. But this last week was brutal. My primary physician only saw me for a minute and made a test for an ulcer ( I don't have the results yet) but I don't think it's an ulcer, I...
  • summerbabe88

I did it but...

Hi all! I know I've posted here about my story and what's been going on. I'm taking a new med, luvox, and Xanax ER as needed. I've been downhill since November with anxiety and I've been doing all I can to be "normal". ..... it's my birthday today and my boyfriend and I went to the beach for the weekend at a bed and breakfast. I could not sleep the first night at all. We walked to the beach...
  • SMR

By way of introduction...

Hello! I am new to the group. I recently decided to look into online support groups and found Daily Strength. I am giving it a shot and hoping to find some help here. I have been in and out of therapy over the years and am currently in therapy, but I am not part of a support group. I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety and have a history of panic attacks and flashbacks related to...