Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

9 Online
  • searchingforthelight

How to be socially confident

After many petty little drama that has happened with me and my friend group; I conclude that they are not at all against me; it's just me who is too scared to talk to them again about normal things. So my goal now isn't to 100% be BFF"s again with all of them. My goal in the present moment is to be confident enough to approach them to have a conversation about normal everyday things and questions...
  • j-chris

GAD

Hey everyone I'm new to this group. My name is Josh and I'm 20 years old. When I was 14 I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder but I've been struggling with anxiety for as long as I can remember. My anxiety gets to the point where I dry heave and/or throw up. I hope to find some support here.
  • beachshore

Anxiety

How servere is anxiety for others?  I try deep breathing, meditate, do something physically active and when its at its highest nothing works. Please just explain what you go through so maybe i won't feel so alone.  Thank you
  • pk8916

Anyone else...

have emetophobia and work with kids? I do ok at the daycare and afterward I freak out constantly worried that I could get sick because what if the one that rubbed her face all over me and then said her tummy hurt got sick? Tips? 
  • summerbabe88

Just wanted to write it out

today my anxiety was awful. Well, it still is and it's most likely due to the fact that unemployment called earlier and told made me rehash my termination at work. Basically, they will let me know by Tuesday if I'll be eligible to receive unemployment. That freaks me out! I've been looking for a job non stop and nothing has come up. I feel at a loss in my life. I'm 28 but feel like a failure. My...
  • lucillegem

Feeling guilty...

Posting again. Anyways...I just felt like asking (as I was wondering if Im the only one?) Does anyone else feel like their anxiety leads them to procastination? Ive been having quite a slow start to my day. And its making me feel anxious, I feel my heart in my chest beating a little faster and I feel guilty. I am procastinating and was wondering was it because of anxiety.. :S 
  • lucillegem

Feeling sad today

so Im staring at my anxiety in the face right now, and I was hoping I wouldnt feel as alone as I do when I have to just sit with the feelings of dread. Nothing particular happened (or atleast atm that I could think of could be triggering this). I was tired but couldnt sleep. My eyes were heavy but I just lay there in silence with loud thoughts. And, I am sad today. Just feeling sad. I feel like...
  • sumotherguy

New job stress

So Ive been at my new job... the first job I've had since 2013, and well I hate it. This is a small mom and pop kinda shop and well they are struggleing financially because they want to be hip and trendy but what they do isn't that cool. The "operations manager" is a 20 something kid who's never worked in retail much and doesn't really know what he's doing. He a jerk with out knowing it and it's...
  • Razzi7

Advice needed

So I've stated all of this before but it's really bothersome to me. I feel like I'm gonna have to live with this extra anxiety for the rest of my life. I'm more anxious during the day until about early evening. Sometimes I will get it at night but it's in other forms of not concentrating or wanting to sit still. I get bored very easy and can't just sit and watch tv without doing something else....
  • itsraining

How to say no?

I have a coworker who is constantly wanting to switch shifts with me and I am running out of ways to say no. He just texted me a guilt provoking message (implying his new puppy will be adopted out to someone else if I don't say yes) and now I'm sitting here with a knot in my stomach about having to say no again.I work Monday-Friday and he works 4 hours on Saturdays. ONE shift a week he works....
  • Ghostdancer

Too much sadness

I continue to try but to what effort I don't even know. Today seems interminable and w/o end other than anxiety and panic which are being spooned in at a furious rate. I've taken my meds but I may need to add a couple more anxiety pills. Yeah unadvisedly I know but what's a guy to do?
  • Razzi7

One of those days

So all of this extra anxiety I'm having had gotten to me today. I was sitting outside on the swing and I started contemplating if my life was worth living. I then had a breakdown and had a crying episode with really bad thoughts of not wanting to live. Until I calmed myself down and am now a little better. But it's all because I'm sick of having so much wrong with me and I have no answers....
  • ruthgrps

36+ hours of pure panic - Help PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been feeling paniced, and anxious for the last 36+ hours, day and night, I'm at home with family, though we are going out this morning, to the dentist (not for me), I'm anxious in bed, anxious during the day all day, it just isnt calming down, anyone had this?  How do you calm yourself down, I've tried my usual things, and am at a loss as to what is causing this?  Its not easy in Wales...
  • FallenAngel4

update time....

In some aspects, its better. We found a house, the people who matter love it, and we put an offer on it. It was accepted so now we are in that gray area of buying a house... trying to pack at least one box every single day. I'm also trying to stay ahead in my school work so I'm not so stressed out (but that just stresses me out more in some aspects)In two days, it will be excatly one month since...
  • lucillegem

Feeling terrible today

I didnt sleep until 2am. Random, mixed up thoughts about everything kept me up, oddly I kept think about past things. I ended up just sitting in bed, with heavy eyes and no sleep. Anyone else find that anxiety thoughts keep you paralyzed and numb? This morning I am mad. Just mood and very mad. My mother is stressing me out and right now I am longing for some release, an escape. Tired and just...