Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

5 Online
5 Online
  • I have written about this before, but with this new navigation system I can't seem to find it anymore. Has anyone dealt with chronic pain that may be from their anxiety? I have had rib and back pain since November. I had a lot of stress with hosting Thanksgiving and having overnight guests so that could've been what started it all. Anyway, long story short, I was put through a CT scan,...
  • YoSavvyGirl

I'm a hot mess.

It all started my senior year of high school when my parents decided to divorce. The stress I was under was unbelievable. I don't even know how I graduated. It wasn't just a "We didn't get along" divorce, it was a "She cheated on me and your youngest sister isn't my kid" kind of divorce... So it was one of the worst kinds of divorce imaginable. Shortly after I graduated I moved straight out of my...
  • I have had a bad season starting with some weird and almost chronic back pain which I eventually overcame (after a bunch of shots, pills, an MRI, etc..), then it was an external ear infection and now I have been battling out throat pain / pharingytis for a week now at home. Since the body pain linked to the throat pain doesnt go away, tomorrow I have a doctors appointment, which I believe the...
  • For years I have thought...I am weak for having this stupid mental issue. I have had GAD for many years now. I've gone through all the phases of searching for the answers to why only to find there is no answer. I love to read...usually some type of supernatural fiction. Recently I found that one of my favorite series was about to come out with a new book. The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia...
  • willwinthis

Heading out

Well, tomorrow I go to California for 5 days to help my daughter move. Got my Ambien and Xanex packed, so I know I can do it, but still pretty nervous. Will be out of touch for a few days. Wish me luck.
  • Hurting

A year now

About 5-7 months ago my husband moved out to see if we could work thru issues we had and not argue in front of kids. I was depressed, going through health issues, I lied a lot and couldn't accept bad stuff in my past, toxic family (a whole briefcase of crazy that was literally making me sick)...I started having panic attacks in the car while driving, so I would roll my window down get fresh air...
  • Minidogs2

Exercise

I just got back from playing tennis today for the first time in about a month. I feel much better after getting out in the sun, sweating a lot, doing something I like to do without the pressure of competing, and doing something with another guy in a healthy way. Encouraging everybody to do something as part of their life style that works for them. It is critical to do our best physically,...
  • misfortune2

Traveling anxiety..

Does anyone deal with this? I just can't deal being away from home. My anxiety sky rockets just thinking about it. I'm a mom of two little ones and my husband has been wanting to go out of town for a long while. Not only does it gives me anxiety because of the long drive and taking care of two kids under 3, it's also the fact I'm away from my "comfort zone". DH doesn't understand and I can't help...
  • kenznoel

Positivity!

Hello, everyone. At the beginning of this year I started experiencing major anxiety and panic attacks. It completely came out of nowhere. I just woke up one day feeling not myself, nervous, sweaty, short of breath and sick to my stomach. I had no idea what was happening to my body or my mind. It felt like I was going crazy and that I was having a heart attack. This happened for about a week. I...
  • SomeDude

Anxiety Medications

I am taking 20 mg Escitalopram for my anxiety/OCD and 25 mg (for the time being) Quietepine before sleep but it doesn't always help with periodical high anxiety. I was lately prescribed Bromozepam for that purpose, i dunno if that won't be too many medications? I am always worried about side effects and are cautious with that stuff. I've read potentiual dangerous interaction might occur if taken...
  • These are the things I have anxiety about... - going to bed alone, being alone- yet i find when i am alone, am i full. right now there is no one in my life. I go on dates.. yet i feel very alone on the dates. I was going on a date last night. I felt very alone walking up to the date. I almost felt better if i were alone that night then i would have my presence.. and not have anxiety about having...
  • Well, it's official. I put in my 60 day notice that I'm moving out of my apartment. I'm currenlty in the Midwest and am moving to the NW coast. I've never made a move this big before!I'm a huge mix of nerves and excitement. I know that my increased anxiety is due to this big step (I've lived in the midwest my whole life), but the anxiety seems more general than related to the move.I guess I'm...
  • Liza06

Panicky

About 3 years ago I got my first panic attack. It came out of nowhere. Doctor says to me what triggered it n I look at her with a stupid look on my face n say Idk. I remember going to bed and waking up in a panic but the worst kind. I thought I was going to die. Ambulance came and everything. I thought I was having an asthma attack. Nope. 1st panic attack and not the last. Im now on Valium 5mg 4...
  • I want to run far where no one no who I am but my legs are like two dumbbells, heavy. I want to sream at the top of my lungs. I hate anxiety attacks, as they feel like a slow painful death... but death would be so much more peaceful than this.(I am not thinking of suicide this is just an extreme exaggeration of how I am feeling at this moment)the world is spinning so fast, Despite me wanting me...
  • ray2500

YATCH PARTY

I AM INVITED TOA PARTY ON BOAT IN LOS ANGEELS EVEN THOUGH IT WILL SAIL FOR FEW HOURS BUT I AM JUST ANTSY ABOUT IT ANY SUGGESTIONS THANK YOU RAY LOS ANGELES