Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

2 Online
  • Tired

How do I stop wishing my life was calm?

I had years of emotional stress from mom.  Then she dies and I have stress from being executorfor her estate.  Five months after she died my husband had his open heart surgery and a stroke.Wish I could have nothing to be concerned, worried, or stressed about.  I mean just get upeveryday each day quiet.  Enjoy the warm weather when it comes.  Read books, watch tv, do my house work.  Calmly,...
  • searchingforthelight

Patience for forgiveness

A few weeks ago I made a mistake and basically caused a lot of unecessary drama for my friend group. After attending a sleepover they invited me to, I just got so mad the next day because some of them don't talk to me that much this year in grade 10 compared to grade 9. It made me so frustrated to see how easily people can distance from me as soon as new students come into our school. So I simply...
  • ellbell

Medication: Please help!

my medication isn't working anymore. school is crazy, I don't have ANY friends or lots of solid support, and I'm scared. I'm scared to change medications. I was super lucky because when I started this medicine three years ago it had almost no negative side effects and I loved it. but we've had to steadily increase the dosage overtime. and now if I raise it anymore it'll become unsafe. I'm on...
  • gabriel2012

can chamomile tea cause anxiety?

I was feeling a little nervous so before I started to meditate i drank some chamomile tea with orange flower. It is a stress reducing tea that is supposed to calm me down. Instead I felt more anxious. I am still very anxious 3 hours after drinking the tea. I am worried that is going to make my insomnia worse tonight. Can herbal teas like chamomile or orange flower have the opposite effect that...
  • TheLastStanding

Despairing...

I'm in the midst of despair. I'm so anxious I can't be still for even a second. I've been pacing this room trying to bring my head back in line, but I can't breathe so how can I think. I'm on the very edge now...
  • hiimhope

any coping mechanisms when anxiety gets too much??

Hi, I'm completely new to the whole online forum thing. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, but i'm pretty sure i've got it. Hey its makes me anxious just questioning myself. Anyway the past 3ish years i've struggled with anxious thoughts and they've got worse at the moment as I am studying abroad, finishing end of June. I'm in a long distance relationship and really we have arguments over...
  • Tired

Need Encouragement and Support

Feeling irritable today.  Have GAD, husband had stroke in August 2016.  He tried to tell me it was ok tochange lanes when I wasn't comfortable do it yesterday.  He can't drive now.  
  • summerbabe88

Ladies: Anxiety High Before Period?

Hey Ladies,Do any of you experience higher levels of anxiety before you get your period? I notice I get more anxious and my panic levels are quite high. Once my period comes I feel a bit better. I'm on medication (currently switching from Cymbalta 60mg to Zoloft 50 mg) so I'm sure that has something to do with how I am feeling as well. If you have any advice or feel the same, please share! :) 
  • smramirez

Is this normal will I ever get better.... scared

so about a month ago I had a random panic attack I guess my heart started beating really fast and I was really scared..... ever since this then Ive been consistently anxious and over think everything, and I just don't feel normal. I feel like I'm going crazy or somthing and I don't know what to do. I went to a doctor but all they did was prescribe me medication which I really don't want to take....
  • BrookeT

out of curiosity..

I sometimes feel so alone with my anxiety symptoms. can you share with me some of the symptoms you feel during anxiety episodes on a day to day basis? 
  • Moondreamer1988

Klonopin?

My doctor prescribed me Klonopin to help with my anxiety. She told me to take it when I need it, but no more than three days a week. Has anyone taken it before and experienced any side effects? I was taking Prozac, but I didn't like the way I felt on it.~C
  • JC1221

Prozac

Has anybody ever used Prozac?  I've been prescribed this but obviously I'm afraid. Any experiences anyone can share? 
  • AnxiousH

I just need to know I'm not alone :(

Hi all, This is my first time posting here. I'm 37 and a mom of 2 wonderful kids.  I've suffered from anxiety for a few years now but just recently has started up again. I have what seems like a simple cold or sinus infection and I've been anxious all weekend because of the itch in the back of my throat. I'm scared it might be something else. I'm driving myself mad over this and I can sense...
  • Lara210UC

Lost

I am 47 years and never thought I would have a point in my life to where the man I love would tell me he is not happy and wants to leaves me. He told me that I have become this person full of anger and that at times I am just ugly inside. He pointed out that we don't make love anymore because we are too busy fighting.  Of course, he told me this before he went out of town to visit his kids.  So...
  • namasteshae

Self-Care

Hello all - I am fairly new to the group, but haven't posted my own thread yet. I am a marraige and family therapy student and am currently in recovery from GAD. I have participated in my own individual treatment on and off for almost my entire life - which inspired me to pursue therapy as a career. I joined the group as part of an assignment for my group therapy class - but have realized how...