Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

5 Online
  • Dan_99

I need help with my anxiety attack.......help !

OK......the anxiety thing is something I'm just beginning to realize is a problem.I've been experiencing these attacks more and more over the last year....and just recently I've started to realize what they are.Worse I dont konw what to do when it hits......Like right now.My arms feel like rubber, I shake, I cant type, I get very agitated.....It is horrible. I honestly dont know how to make this...
  • Kathy1234

Anxiety,

When i do something im so anxious to get it done i hurry like the wind. I get overly anxious in everything i do. I always am in a hurry to get everything done that i can do, im left doing nothing feeling rather mad at myself for hurring.
  • invisablefriend

My Anxiety

Makes me feel like I'm Trapped. Like I can't breathe. Like being inside an airplane or a closed space. Going outside doesn't help because it's the whole state I'm trapped in. 
  • Veenew1

Hello

Hello everyone . I'm really glad I joined this platform it had helped knowing that I'm not alone and can reach out whenever I need help or a little comfort and give the same to others as well.My anxiety has lessened the past few days but I just woke up suddenly now feeling anxious,that's the worst feeling the sudden feeling of doom overtaking you
  • student.life

Physical Symptoms, help!!!!!!!!

I have certainly accepted the fact that I am an anxious person. However, sometimes I have a hard time accepting that some of the physical symptoms are happening because of my anxiety. Sometimes my hands twitch, especially my thumbs. I also sometimes have tingling in my face/lips! Occasionally I'll feel pins and needles in my hands and of course I experience chest discomfort. Especially in the...
  • searchingforthelight

What do I say???

Okay, so back to school. After the beef that happened between me and my friends two months ago, things got super awkward but spring break really helped with that. I began talking to them a tiny bit today and they responded and such, so I know things are going well, that PATIENCE is seriously what I need to just have faith in. But at the same time, it still feels so off, like I just feel...
  • meerkat

Quick Fix For Stopping Sunday Anxiety

Im a stay at home dad with my two young boys. I've never really suffered from anxiety except for sundays. It seemed like eveyr Sunday around 3 or 4 pm I would start getting severe anxiety knowing my wife had to go back to work tomorrow and I would be alone with the kids. I wasnt afraid that something bad was going to happen or anything like that. I would just get anxious thinking about the whole...
  • Jersey_of_Oz

my kids....

I remember the call from a substitue school nurse. She called because my son had just left the nurses office andthey are supposed to notify parents in some way when the kids have been to visit them. She told me that my son was there because he had a panic attack and that according to the nurses notes this was the third he had had since the start of the year, and we were less than 2 months in. He...
  • Lucy1109

Can tomorrow be faster ?

So tomorrow its my college graduation. Everybody are very excited and emotional. Besides me. I'm so desperate, anxious and praying that I wake up only on wednesday, coz it will be already passed. I'm already sufforing because I'll have to go in front of a lot of people I dont know, walk and receive my degree. I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm terrified. Nobody understands that, my mom especially...
  • libertybell

Meltdown

Just  about to meet my new employer.  I just wish I could run away.  I worried for my friend as she got me this job.  I don't want risk her job she really wants to help me.  But I don't think she realises I so sick.  I need a lot of help.  I'm going to try keep pushing myself but fear I'll breakdown in front of them .  I know this is anxiety talking but finding it hard not to listen. 
  • flybrokenwings

"High functioning" anxiety

Hey! I'm new here and figured I'd throw this out there and see if anyone can hopefully relate or share any insights.Ive heard a bit about high functioning mental illnesses, especially anxiety. I have always been very strong willed despite any circumstance, I have a high pain tolerance and I  believe it transfers over to mental health (for myself at least). I feel like a walking, talking,...
  • beachshore

1st posting

Just received a diagnosis from my Doctor today for anxiety disorder.  May make sense as my heart has been palputating, racing thoughts and upset stomach.  Have been on Paxil since my husband passed away 6 years ago and now I am panicking.  Doctor added Ability today, 2 mg.  What do you think?  I am scared to try it while living alone as medication affects me differently.  I have only...
  • Tired

Need Encouragement and support

Things keep happening.  Health problems with husband.  Or things that might happen and I worry about.  Sick of itWish things could be calm and peaceful.
  • Jroj

Hello

I just wanted to ask about your physical anxiety symptoms.  I hate feeling this way everyday . I have health anxiety and it's killing me . Everyday I ha e headaches, chest tightness, back pain and dizziness.  I just yo see of I am  or alone in this journey . 
  • Jroj

Genetic testing

Has anyone had a genetic test done to help find the correct medicine ? My doctor mentioned it and I am interested since I don't Zoloft is helping much .