Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

6 Online
6 Online
  • salvatop

Duloxetine

My doctor is switching me from Paroxetine to Dulxetine for generalized anxiety disorder. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Duloxetine and wishes to share. If it worked, side effects etc. Thanks.
  • salvatop

Proponalol Beta Blocker

Is anyone on proponal beta blocker and also on blood pressure medication??
  • I did a web search for social media websites for support groups. So here I am... I feel like I found gold! I have no one at my house who knows what its like to have depression and severe anxiety. I am on medication and was in therapy. But my insurance won't cover the therapy any longer this year! They tell you to get help and then take it away... I have a wonderful aunt and uncle who took...
  • Pswofford

Hello.

I'm new to this website. I was just curious if each group had a professional who directs the group or provides help?
  • Kasiagirly

I need help.....

Things are getting too much for me and i can feel i am slipping down a very bad slope very fast and I dont know what to do anymore. My marriage ended after 12 years i have 2 small kids, took me forever to get out of my marriage and I finally am involved with a wonderful man that loves me and my kids to bits. My ex makes life hell and is affecting my relationship. I recently found out I had...
  • Do any of you use other sites for help? I won't quit this siteBut I would like to find a site that has a lot more people on it than this one. To add to my contacts and helpful suggestions fromothers and get support.I don't think this site will ever be what it used to be.
  • ana3esp

Perhaps in denial?

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site, but in need of some support. I've had problems dealing with my anxiety for a couple of years but aside from breaking out and some problems with eczima, I guess I was able to deal. This summer I had a fair amount of financial stress and following that was the death of my grandmother. We were close as a family and it has been hard to deal. I went to the doctor and...
  • Has anyone used beta blockers for anxiety? My doctor just prescribed it today and I'm shocked I never knew this was an option. I've been using Xanax as needed, which is sometimes 2-3 times a day, and sometimes I go weeeks without needing one. But even with Xanax, I have a hard time getting my heart rate down. It was sky high today which alarmed the doc and she did an EKG and all is well with my...
  • Hey, like days I can deal with anxiety and depression other I just want to ball up and cry or fall in a hole and hide it get to bad for me to handle alone...
  • dcblkbird

New in town...

I've never joined a depression or anxiety support group before. I've been thinking I should find one in my area to actually go to in person but... you know.. Anxiety (haha). I'm hoping this might help. I have Generalized and Social Anxiety Disorders with a nice big helping of Major Depressive Disorder. I just went up to 200 mg Zoloft and I take 2-4 0.5 mg tabs of Klonopin every day. I still feel...
  • I am 63 and retired. Have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Controlling it sort of with meds andMindful Meditation. Recently started the meditation.
  • alice.cosgrave

Academic Anxiety

Hello, I am a Dyslexic student who is currently completing my masters in Literature. I did my undergrad in English and Drama, and although there were hard times I managed to graduate with a high 2:1 and even got a high first in my last term. However I am having a big problem now on anxiety about my dyslexia in my post graduate course, I feel more singled out, and less valued as a student. In one...
  • I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember, but have always been able to keep it under control without the help of medication or therapy. Until recently, whenever one of my younger kods gets sick... i can't handle the anxiety. My 4 year old son threw up on Thursday, and didn't sleep at all...woke up friday, ate played, then got tired, bit didnt throw up at all... then yesterday, he woke...
  • deleted_user

Sertraline

I have been advised to change my antidepressant from Citalopram to Sertraline. Does anybody else take this and does it work for them? Also are there are bad side effects?
  • The last two days of constant anxiety has me feeling drained today.What do I do?