Anxiety Support Group

Anxiety is a physical condition marked by intense and persistent feelings of distress, fear, angst or dread. General anxiety caused by routine day-to-day stresses usually passes quickly and is experienced by almost everyone at one time or another. However, such feelings that linger over time and are very difficult to cope with, and which lack a clear cause, may indicate an anxiety disorder.

7 Online
7 Online
  • Have GAD and resent husband because his carelessness and poor memory andother things cause me to worry about specific incidents with him getting hurt, telling me I need to. Come get him or something cause he had dead battery. Or I haveto take him to emergency room at hospital. These things wouldn't be problemIf it wasn't that I have hard time pulling in and out of parking space. Hospital...
  • I did a web search for social media websites for support groups. So here I am... I feel like I found gold! I have no one at my house who knows what its like to have depression and severe anxiety. I am on medication and was in therapy. But my insurance won't cover the therapy any longer this year! They tell you to get help and then take it away... I have a wonderful aunt and uncle who took...
  • dcblkbird

New in town...

I've never joined a depression or anxiety support group before. I've been thinking I should find one in my area to actually go to in person but... you know.. Anxiety (haha). I'm hoping this might help. I have Generalized and Social Anxiety Disorders with a nice big helping of Major Depressive Disorder. I just went up to 200 mg Zoloft and I take 2-4 0.5 mg tabs of Klonopin every day. I still feel...
  • lnasseff

Seeking help/advice

On how to manage control anxiety attacks.
  • Celie878

Anxiety about...life

Hi, curious to know if any of you are experiencing the same kind of anxiety as I...I have fully grasped that if we live, everyone will be old and likely ill in some kind of way. I have also fully grasped that in a relatively short time, considering that the universe is billions of years old, death for us all is right around the corner, that we truly are here for only a brief amount of time. I...
  • My anxiety is in danger of affecting my personal relationship. I find myself constantly wanting to ask for validation that he really wants to be with me (it's a long distance relationship...which is new for me). How do I keep this in check and trust in the evidence right in front of me that he does want to be with me? Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Community Leadersambod

Browsers

In case you don't know, i thought it would be helpful to show a link that shows what browsers DS supports. You can find the link here.https://support.dailystrength.org/hc/en-us/articles/210540146-What-web-browsers-does-DailyStrength-Support-Thanks
  • Has anyone used beta blockers for anxiety? My doctor just prescribed it today and I'm shocked I never knew this was an option. I've been using Xanax as needed, which is sometimes 2-3 times a day, and sometimes I go weeeks without needing one. But even with Xanax, I have a hard time getting my heart rate down. It was sky high today which alarmed the doc and she did an EKG and all is well with my...
  • Tired

Zanax stopped working?

I used to take a quarter of a .25mg pill. Any more and I would get sleepy. It seemed to stop working lately.Doctor said try a half of a pill. I did. The first time nothing happened. Except I got sleepy twenty four hours later.The second time I felt a slight relaxation of my body and the sleepiness came several hours aftertaking the pill. Do you think I could get pill to work again if I...
  • salvatop

Friend Request

Does anyone know how to do a friend request on this new site??
  • I am 63 and retired. Have Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Controlling it sort of with meds andMindful Meditation. Recently started the meditation.
  • Pswofford

Hello.

I'm new to this website. I was just curious if each group had a professional who directs the group or provides help?
  • salvatop

Proponalol Beta Blocker

Is anyone on proponal beta blocker and also on blood pressure medication??
  • MalPopp

Rain Rain Go Away

I used to not be like this. I used to love storms, I'd go into the garage with my dad and hear the thunder roll by and watch the lightning in almost peaceful bliss. Now, even cartoon storms causes my chest to contrict and my heart to pound. I feel like there is something wrong with me now...I'm tired of living with this fear of storms. I can't make myself drive if I think that there is a...
  • ocdgirl

Anybody afraid to sleep?

I suffer from OCD, horrible intrusive thoughts that make me terrified to sleep. Can anybody relate?