Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

1 Online
1 Online
  • loveddogs

Taking a Poll!

Ok, I will say it! This "new" site sucks!!!! Reading the surveys and polls, it looks like the overwhelming majority feel the same. Who's pregnant idea was this anyway? There is no longer the comfort and intimacy that the old site offered. Many of us relied on this site to deal with this stinking journey and get us through another minute, hour, day etc. Now we can't find each other, many...
  • pjdunk

Death experience

I would like to hear from anyone that was present when their loved one passed. I keep playing it back in my mind over and over. Was he hurting? Was he at peace? He was pretty much asleep the whole day before he passed. Unresponsive, I guess you could say. I promised him that no matter what, that we would do this together. I was actually holding his hand when he took his last breath. I honestly...
  • Community Leadercliffskat

ROLL CALL

Hi Everybody,Once in awhile in the past we have done a Roll Call post to see who is here and why/how we got here. Since the transition to the new site messed up a lot of people's friends lists, mine included, I thought it might be helpful to see who made it to the new site. Especially if you had to create a new profile to get in, I would love to know who is here. Seeing Diane post, who used to...
  • Hi All,A handful of the Community Leaders, including Shrn, myself, and Acuriousfish, had a phone conference with TeamDS about the new site, the bugs, the fixes that are coming, timing, etc. We were told a number of fixes are in progress, with login problems being highest priority. Also high priority is making it possible for people to get back into their old information if they had to resort to...
  • Hi All,One of the things that was discussed in the conference call with DS, which goes to a lot of the complaints here, was the formatting of the new site. We were told that the new site has been designed and optimized for viewing on a mobile device - i.e., cell phones - as that is how most of the users are using the site. Personally, I doubt that very much, but I have nothing but my own...
  • Robinjoy

Alone and lost.

Hello. I lost my husband Michael, 3 months ago and still feel so lost. I'm trying to keep 2 teenagers from spiraling out of control and have never felt so alone. Even in a room of people I feel the outsider. I know that there are those who care about us but just don't understand the heartache. My best friend who was there through the hospital trauma and funeral seems to just want me to be...
  • fuchsiasky

Sad...

Hi all. It's been a rough bit as of late. Last week I lost my job of 10 years. They restructured and eliminated my position. That was just over a week after I moved. I had to move July 1. But the place I have lined up is for august 1. So my daughter and I moved home with my mom for a month (not easy!). After I lost my job I kinda went a bit dead inside. I feel super cold...stone like. It's...
  • Karway

Brand new to it all...

My name is Karen, and I found this website while trying to find comfort. I'm 44yrs old, and lost the love of my life just 2 1/2 weeks ago. I feel numb, lost, and the physical pain that I have in my chest from my broken heart is one I have never felt. I had always heard of the physical pain but thought it wasn't real, but it is. I know I have to keep going, for our girls and for him, but it's hard...
  • Gmama

Fridays are extra hard

Hi everyone, this is my first post so that makes me the newcomer.....I have an especially hard time facing Fridays due to it was the last day we spent together before my husband left me, It's been almost 5 months and feels more like 5 minutes, hours, days and sometimes years but I seem to miss him the same at every time frame.It helps me a lot to read very appropriate poems on a site called...
  • Robert_J

Hi. New guy here.

I lost my wife of over 18 years to a blood clot June 29th of this year. I don't know what to do with myself now. She uses to help me take care of my dad but now I am on my own. I have no other family and though I do have friends most all like away. I love my dad but to be honest he isn't very empathetic. He has sympathy in his own way but he never had a strong connection to how others feel. I...
  • tmhallman5020

All the First

Well, Tues was my husband's birthday. Really, really hard. Memory after memory came flooding back. I lost my mom years ago but had my husband & son. Now, my husband is the one gone, my son move out last Aug & married in Jan & now I am totally alone in my house only with these memories. Some days I can't stay home & some days I don't want to leave my house. Emptiness & heartache has seemed to be...
  • snowalone

Befriending people

There have been a few people who've recently joined this group and have revealed it somewhere in their reply (to whatever topic inspired them) that they were new here. Usually they also note that they're feeling 'horrible' - which as we all know, is to be expected.In an effort to reach out to them, I try to 'befriend them', as that's what we have to do now to send a message or a hug. I don't want...
  • Saw several new member's post of their hardship. I want to post this song for them.By: Carrie Underwoodhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpx07kW98fAThere's a place out there for usMore than just a prayer or anything you've ever dreamed of.So when you feel like giving upCause you don't fit in down hereFear is crashing in, close your eyes and take my hand yeah.We can be the kings and queens of...
  • linda66

new to this group

i lost my husband a year and half ago. Being married together for 30 yrs. i lost him doin i was goin threw breast cancer. it was so hard to bare for both situations but i came out cancer free. i give all glory to God. but i been so down now since my husband been gone. i didnt get to grieve during me fighting breast cancer. there are days i feel so alone
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!