Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

0 Online
  • azsunshine

Feeling Lost

I am new here. I lost my husband (Bruce) and soul mate on August 27, 2016. He went to be with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. So, I'm not sad for him- he is in glory and sees the face of the God. I am feeling sorry for me. It will be 6 months on Monday. How can time seem short and long at the same time? This is the 1st time in my life that I've ever been totally alone. All of our children are...
  • shelda

The show must go on

Its coming up to the 1 year mark of my husbands passing after six years of total anguish. I have decided to go on Prozac,even if for a short time. These feelings i fight every day are so tiring,the panic attack was the thing that did me in. Shaky and scared i am going insane.My Doctor did have me on it in 2015 and then after he passed my whole family thought i should not be on it,so i quit and...
  • Proudokie

So lost So sad So broken

I finally found the love of my life in 1994. I could not have ever imagined that life could be so happy, peaceful, fun, caring, giving, loving. This man sang to me every day. He would make up songs about things we had done. They were so silly but I loved them all. I miss this more than I would have ever known. He was so funny. I miss that to. The fun is gone. The house is silent. No more him. We...
  • LaaLaa

Lost

My condolences to all who are grieving on this site. I suddenly lost my husband of 10 years 2 1/2 months ago. He was only 36. We have two children 13 and 8, some days I feel like I just can't go on. When I close my eyes I go back to the night the hospital called me and said he couldn't be saved. I can't help but to think if I just would've stayed with him instead of going home he'd still be here....
  • Maddieluv

Is this it?

Two weeks ago I still had my husband. Two weeks ago we went to bed the same as we always do and had the same next morning we always had. Two weeks ago tomorrow is the last time I was able to talk to my best friend. My beautiful, amazing husband was taken suddenly. We thought he had a cold, maybe an ear infection. A trip to a medi clinic turned into a trip to the emergency with a stroke code and...
  • humbleonly

two years is enough

Been Single (Widow) for two years is enough, this is the right time for me to move on with a woman who will respect, love and understand me. I have the heart to give and love again. I really want a woman to grow old with and to start a perfect life from the New Year 2017; I’m not getting any younger anymore. Spending this Christmas was hard because no one to share and to go out with, I truly...
  • TooMuch

being there vs not being there

i don't mean to be triggering or cause anyone pain, but i read so many stories from you guys who witnessed your love passing and it does sound so devastating. it breaks my heart for you. i was not there when my love left. he was far away from me and it is a situation where i will never know what happened exactly and will never ever know what his last moments were like. his body was found by...
  • Laco

Missing Him

Hello, I am new to this site.  My husband passed away on 5-21-16 after a 3 year battle with prostate cancer.  I cannot describe well enough how this man completed my life.  He loved life so much more than I and lived every moment to the fullest.  I love this man with all of my being.  We had a plan that we would end our lives together, holding hands, but that did not happen.  I am finding...
  • Foreverbroken

Things People Say

Is it just me or do you all get sick of hearing people say things over and over.  First, everyone keeps telling me how strong of a woman I am and how well I'm handling things and how well the kids are doing.  Okay, so yes, I go to work and they go to school and we have somewhat resumed our "normal" activities but that doesn't mean we're doing well and everything is fine.  They don't see that I...
  • Mamza

Loss so profound

Since loosing my husband of 18 years at just 48, and I am 41 I feel so lost. We have a teenaged boy who is my reason to even want to carry on. The 11th December 2016 will go down as the worst day of my life. I did not see this coming. How do I carry on? I'll trade just about anything to have my love back. The pain is too much. I have lost so much weight people are commenting on it. I don't know...
  • Audrey99

Shattered

I'm new to this site, but I have to say I can't believe how similar the stories are to my own, and how reassuring it is that I'm not the only one suffering through the worst pain ever.I lost my husband October 2nd, 2016. A blood clot dropped him where he stood, and we never got him back. He was 41 years old, perfectly healthy, happy, and madly in love with me, our family, our life. We were...
  • cmks253

Feeling even sadder

I have been told over and over that it gets better with time.  It has been 6 months and I have felt sick with sadness the last two days.  All I want to do is cry. I want to be around people but don't, I want to leave my house but don't want to leave home...what is up with that?  
  • Foreverbroken

Missing

This all sucks.  I was crying the other day and I realized I could deal without physically seeing my husband every day but what I can't deal with is not hearing him.  Not being able to talk to him about things is killing me.  I can't talk to others the way I could him.  
  • eddie1111

Life does get better

I dated my first girfriend for 3 years and was married for 19 years.  We have 2 children.  She was the love of my life, everything I did I did for her.  That was what made me happiest.  Just to see her smile and feel loved.  One day she was feeling a panick attack come on and went to lay down for a bit.  When I went to wake her up she was cold.  Was the most traumatic event of my life....
  • LaaLaa

Firsts

Today was my 1st birthday/valentine's without my husband. I decided to go to work today something I didn't usually do on my birthday but if would've stayed home it would've been a really long day. My co workers have been really supportive so far it makes it easier to keep a smile on my face. Deep down I just wanted to go home and cry. It wasn't until I went to pick my son up from school is when I...