Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

3 Online
3 Online
  • Karway

Brand new to it all...

My name is Karen, and I found this website while trying to find comfort. I'm 44yrs old, and lost the love of my life just 2 1/2 weeks ago. I feel numb, lost, and the physical pain that I have in my chest from my broken heart is one I have never felt. I had always heard of the physical pain but thought it wasn't real, but it is. I know I have to keep going, for our girls and for him, but it's hard...
  • staygolden3

We can do this...

As per Val's suggestion....here's my two cents for the day....Yes....the new format of this site has certainly taken away most of the special qualities of the former site. The way it is right now, I'm not so sure that it can help the newest members to the personal extent that it has helped me and many others already here on this unimaginable journey that has been thrust upon us. I'm truly hoping...
  • loveddogs

Taking a Poll!

Ok, I will say it! This "new" site sucks!!!! Reading the surveys and polls, it looks like the overwhelming majority feel the same. Who's pregnant idea was this anyway? There is no longer the comfort and intimacy that the old site offered. Many of us relied on this site to deal with this stinking journey and get us through another minute, hour, day etc. Now we can't find each other, many...
  • I was talking to a widowed friend recently who has dipped her foot into the dating pond. She had a bad experience and was upset. Mostly at herself, because she felt she had made a mistake, that she wasn't ready to start dating. And she blamed herself, boy did she blame herself. "How could I do such a thing? Why didn't I know better?" Finally, I looked at her and said "Where is it written...
  • jonesce78

I walk alone

I'm not really sure where to begin. I have felt a little numb the past few days. I guess part of it would be my body going into defense mode and the other part grieving the loss of what I thought to be close friends during this difficult time. I received a disheartening message from a friend that I considered close. In this message, she felt the need to tell me how I should be feeling, what I...
  • Robinjoy

Alone and lost.

Hello. I lost my husband Michael, 3 months ago and still feel so lost. I'm trying to keep 2 teenagers from spiraling out of control and have never felt so alone. Even in a room of people I feel the outsider. I know that there are those who care about us but just don't understand the heartache. My best friend who was there through the hospital trauma and funeral seems to just want me to be...
  • Mysteriez

Lost my wife

In March 2015 my wife died of a heart attack at 38 years old. I am still dealing with so much even a year later. I just feel so empty with her gone.
  • pjdunk

Death experience

I would like to hear from anyone that was present when their loved one passed. I keep playing it back in my mind over and over. Was he hurting? Was he at peace? He was pretty much asleep the whole day before he passed. Unresponsive, I guess you could say. I promised him that no matter what, that we would do this together. I was actually holding his hand when he took his last breath. I honestly...
  • I was thinking about that phrase, this morning and as Val suggested, I'll put my thoughts here.i have a good friend from DS.here, who has used this phrase a few times when we speak. I took it as a 'tongue in cheek" expression, then I got to thinking just how important that phrase is. I realized a lot of my time is NOT, my own. Time, has become such a precious commodity for me, since Ben's...
  • All right folks, I think we all agree, the new format is sucky. As in really sucky, but... I don't think the powers that be are going to change it that much. We are most likely working at cross purposes. They have probably made their advertisers happy, at least that is my guess as to why they did the update.All that being said, people have rightfully pointed out, this is a lifeline for people....
  • tmhallman5020

All the First

Well, Tues was my husband's birthday. Really, really hard. Memory after memory came flooding back. I lost my mom years ago but had my husband & son. Now, my husband is the one gone, my son move out last Aug & married in Jan & now I am totally alone in my house only with these memories. Some days I can't stay home & some days I don't want to leave my house. Emptiness & heartache has seemed to be...
  • snowalone

Befriending people

There have been a few people who've recently joined this group and have revealed it somewhere in their reply (to whatever topic inspired them) that they were new here. Usually they also note that they're feeling 'horrible' - which as we all know, is to be expected.In an effort to reach out to them, I try to 'befriend them', as that's what we have to do now to send a message or a hug. I don't want...
  • lulugirl

New & Introduction

Hi everyone...I am new to the group. My husband passed away on July 1st. He was 38.He had a very rare liver disease (PSC) and chronic pancreatitis. We have 3 children--6 year old twins and an 11 year old.I hate this new world.K
  • laurie1209

time to move on...

I dont want to offend anyone but can we all just move on.Yes this new site sucks compared to the old.Yes things got lost in the transfer.Yes we have to learn new formatting.Yes its very difficult to navigate.BUT they are working on the problems.I have found as a widow i dont like change and i certanly dont like when my control is taken away. Hanging onto the familiar is safe, reassuring and...
  • I found this article a while back. I have read it so many times. There is something about the way it is written - a rawness - that keeps drawing me to it. It reflects the grief I am feeling with words (as much as that is possible).http://www.rebellesociety.com/2013/12/18/5-lies-you-were-told-about-grief/Kate