Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

5 Online
5 Online
  • mariko62

Falling Down Again

I just read the posts on "do not sweat the small stuff".....I am tryng but this week it seems the small stuff is sending me spiraling down again. In two weeks when school starts I will go back to work for the first time since Scott's death. I still have unfinished business so I am starting to panic. The week after I go back is my first wedding anniversary as a widow and my birthday. Already...
  • My adult daughter said something to me today that struck me as odd and it kind of hurt. She said..."it seems like you just don't care anymore." I thought to myself, care anymore? I care more now than I ever did about things. I have more compassion, understanding, and patience. Why would she say that? Then I began to think about it. I guess I am different since the day Ira passed a year and a few...
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8
  • onebrokenheart

Flash backs

Those of you that know me know that I do not post often. I have preferred to be supportive to others and shared my pain in responses but rarely start a post. Tonight I am in need. Its been 3 1/2 years and I thought I was progressing really well. Many a day would go by without tears and I could think of Don with a smile. Tonight I cant stop crying. Tonight I keep having those awful flash...
  • tim57

Advertising

I was under the impression that advertisers weren't allowed to peddle their crap on this site. I feel like there is one here now. This isn't a pick up site. It is suppose to be a place to share support for each other not pick up folks.Tim
  • gregsbaby

365 days ago...

Well today is the day my life changed forever. I 'talked' to him this morning and he told me not to cry too much today. It still feels like it's 365 seconds ago. The last time I saw him I kissed his cold lips and his cold face and told him I'll always love him. He's still in my heart and always will be. I spread a few of his ashes at our local library since that's where we met. When we met I was...
  • taurusthebull

The Truth

This was the song that made me fall in love with my boyfriend. I remember he was playing this song one day. I remember looking up at him thinking I could be with this man for the rest of life. I thought back to how he had brought over soup, medicine, and movies when I was sick. He would walk to my house when his car had broke down. The way he would look at me made me feel I was cared for. And as...
  • staygolden3

Hope

I originally wrote this to post on Sharon's "to date or not to date" post. Naturally, it got way too long ...big surprise? Huh? Lol... I also thought about posting it on the Hopeful Hearts board butI didn't just want to share this with people who know what I'm talking about, I wanted to share it also with people who can't imagine what I'm talking about. The best I could do is offer you hope....so...
  • shelda

Scared

I feel very vulnerable lately..when I am out ,if I so much as sense anyone looking at me i panic...I am wearing both sets of wedding rings as well now. I am starting to wear my husbands clothes...he had lost alot of weight so his pants well the newest ones fit me..I feel ashamed of being a woman..now my old clothes are too provocative for me...I feel safer in them . Any pther women feeling like...
  • In October 21st it will be seven years since the passing of my Rudy. Those years flew by, strange at it sounds as those of you in your early days are facing long, slow, lonely days. Little by little those things of life get in the way of grieveing and you must deal with the natural progression. I just coin it as "life gets in the way". So here I sit at my dining room table, my control center,...
  • I'm sorry to gripe I don't comment often but this place Daily Strength was a life saver for me when my husbad died. The forum has changed to a very uninviting appearance that would throw off many a person seeking help. My guess is some man must have designed the new forum as it is insensetive and cold looking. It wasn't broken why the heck did you screw it up??????
  • Community Leadercliffskat

When 'Strong' Is....

There was a widow here a while back whose status line read something like, "Strong is what you are when strong is your only choice." It was a comment in response to the comments she kept getting from people about how strong they thought she was even when she was breaking down inside. It is one of those comments that stuck with me for years now, I think. I identified with it, heck I still...
  • broken2016

I Am Broken

Turning 67 next week and never came across anything I could not handle. Wife went into a coma and long story short, died three weeks later. First married in 1968 and she was my best friend raising two fine son's. I can't cope with the loneliness. Youngest son we had late in life so he is coming up on 22 and still lives with me, so I'm not alone.. All my plans were designed for me passing...
  • Today was my children's first day of school. We both had a child from previous relationships and we shared two daughters together. Our 15 and and 11 year old sons and our 7 year old daughter were in the car. Thank God my 10 month old was with my mother. We had planned to go school shopping after he picked me up from work. School was starting in 2 days. I think the most painful part of this all is...
  • Pagirl

Newby

Hi...I am new to this whole online support group thing.From reading some of your posts it seems like I've come to the right place.My husband of 33YEARS passed away 3 months ago unexpectedly.He had had a lot of issues but I did not expect this to happen.I am still in disbelieve . I miss him sooo much.I just sit and think to myself , now what? So I look forward to hearing from some of you.I always...