Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Carm58

Young Male Widowed 13 months later

Hello, I'm Carmine and I lost my wife 7/28/2015. We married in Hospice 7/212016. I need folks to talk to about this and aometimes just anything. My heart is empty Nd broken too oftennow adays. God Bless
  • My husband and I both had cancer at the same time. I don't know what the odds are of that happening but I doubt it's a common occurrence. I survived and he did not. I don't know why I was the one to survive. I would say I wish it would have been me who died instead of him but I would not wish this grief upon him. I have read several posts on this board from people who feel suicidal. I...
  • shelda

Life.

I found this group online its awesome too :) They speak abut loving each other and not religion but spirituality how we are all connected and we have the Universe in us all..am really digging it :) The biking is helping as i have discovered there are tons of us 60 plus people out there biking too,makes me feel more connected..but i have to say lately I am feeling more connected..though this...
  • wontgetfooledagain

Greedy family

i lost my husband of 10 years four months ago. It was both of our second marriages. His children from his first marriage did not speak to him ever in the dozen years I knew him. Now that he is gone they want to know what Daddy left for them, when am I selling the house so they can have their share...etc. I told them that his wishes in his will stated that everything went to me. Now they are...
  • hfpvc

Newly widowed...did not want to be the survivor

So fortunate to have had this man as my husband....never wanted to survive him...now I am hoping praying for some cancer or accident to take me home to him...I sure don't want any family members to know I think that. I am the stepmom, they should have thier Father but now they are stuck with the stepmom and their moms...Dad is better. Plus we have a couple of grand children, but honestly I was...
  • Carin

I have lost the love of my life.

Spring 2016 I unexpectedly lost my husband of just under 21 years, being together a total of 25 years. This has been the absolute worst thing that has ever happened in my life. He was my world and I was his world. I am so lost without him by my side. If it were not for my children I dont know what I would do. I have had to keep going because I have a responsibility as a mom to take care of them....
  • CarrieAnn

Young Widow

I am new to this group. I wasn't sure about joining, but I am thinking it may help me. I lost my husband suddenly almost 6 months ago. He was 43 years old & I am 42. He died of a massive heart attack and I found him when I returned home from work. I was in shock for awhile. I now realize he is gone, but it would help to know I'm not alone & there are others out there in similar situations. ...
  • luckydaughter

Wedding Band

My husband never wore a wedding band. He was a mechanic by trade and he also liked to work on his own stock and antique cars when he wasn't working. There was hardly a time when he wasn't working on cars and wearing jewelry is too dangerous for that kind of occupation. I, however, wore a gold wedding band. When he took his last breath, I took the band off of my finger and placed it on his. ...
  • Hi....Was wondering if anyone had issues with getting autopsy results back?.....I have been waiting since April 28th to get autopsy results back from NY medical examiner and every time I call about it I get the runaround and told they will call back and they don't...Is it normal to take this long where it's going on 5 months since Jimmy passed?Thanks for any input on this because i'm finding it...
  • obeesgirl

Still Standing

I lost my husband on August 30th of this year, he was killed in a MVA. I was the first person to arrive on the scene of his truck and three other vehicles. My husband was the only fatality. I am really struggling with wanting to just be with him. It is just so much bigger than me, this loss. I have been surrounded by our families but am unable to speak to friends or people publicly, it is...
  • Hi,I am joining in desperation. My next step is suicide...I'm 24. I am a mother of 4 and I lost my beloved husband to a diabetic induced heart attack....I had no way or warning...I am utterly beyond devastated. I can barely eat. I cry so much that I have become ill. I try to drag by for my kids but I don't want to live this life without my soulmate..
  • porkchopcash

I want my husband back

I lost my husband recently. He was everything. My life is gone. We have two beautiful little girls. Their life can't be gone- they are too young. I don't know what to do with that. I love him so much.
  • Funny thing is that I rarely paid attention to this song when it charted. And I don't believe she ever noticed it either. And yet, it's the first one I "YouTubed" in April 2015, a day after dementia tooke her from me. There's a lyric: "Where I'll find comfort God knows ... " Yes God does know, and I pray that one day He will reveal the answer to me.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBOQgL731Ac
  • Carin

Sleepless

Immediately after my husband passed I was sleeping great. Now I am right at four months in and I can not sleep through the night. Did anyone else have this problem?
  • willowbreeze

Special signs

Have any of you received what you believe to be signs from your loved one after they passed? ....If so would you mind sharing some stories of what you've experienced?I've experienced quite a few strange and unexplainable things since Jims passing but talk myself out of alot chalking it up to my imagination but some things I can't.I was hoping to have had a dream of him by now but i have not...