Video Game Addiction Support Group

Game addiction is a form of psychological addiction related to a compulsive use of computer and video games. People suffering from this form of addiction may experience intense cravings to play the game and may also suffer symptoms of withdrawal when they stop playing the game. Meet with friendly, supportive people sharing their experiences with Video Game Addiction.

0 Online
  • Been married 10 years to an incredibly sweet man. He loves me more than words could describe. I have never questioned this. I have never questioned and would never think to question if he had been faithful. I know where his heart is. I am not a jealous person in any aspect of my life, except one thing. I am jealous of all the time my husband spends on his video games.I will have to say I know I...
  • I had been with my (ex) boyfriend for 3 years. 2 of these years I lived in a different city where he practically lived with me and he only had an xbox and we had no issues and had a really great relationship. I had known he had been a gamer in the past, as he showed me all the hours he had racked up on WoW.Since moving home, he started playing the game Smite on his computer and this is where all...
  • My husband is addicted. I'm not here to ask "How much is too much?" or to say "I *Think* he has a problem."My husband has a problem. It started 18 months ago. He became addicted to The Hobbit. He started sleeping on the couch. I became a single parent. As he sunk into a greater depression because of my nagging that he was not spending any time with his family and all he did was play his video...
  • Mairead86

Deleted my Online Account Today

Another night staying up until 5 am. Very clear I've little control so I deleted my account. After the morning routine was finished, I began to miss it. By the time dinner hit, I was anxious. It felt like there was a hand squeezing my insides. I try to tell my family about what's going on but get cut off right after the word 'addiction'; however, after they see it hurt my feelings, they return to...
  • deleted_user

My son is addicted

Does anyone else have experience with a child who is addicted? My son is only permitted to play 1.5 hours each weekend day and 1 hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and all he talks about and thinks about is the game. He spends all of his free time reading about the game, texting about the game, and on the computer working up stuff about the game. When he can't play or when his time is up he...
  • My bf claims that playing Destiny on ps4 is his way to cope with his unhappiness within himself. It is his way to escape reality and feel alive. I want him to be happy but it seems like his online buddies (whom he never met) bring him more joy than I can ever do. He is a different person when he engages online. The tone of his voice is different and so is his laugh. I feel like these strangers...
  • sirsmiley21

so this forum died.

just trying to open this thing up again.
  • there is a place to go to actually interact with people in real time. At cgaa.info we have forums like this (more active, though) but we also have online meetings twice a day every day, where recovering gaming addicts share our experiences and support one another. Check it out.
  • deleted_user

sick of this group - leaving

I am so sick of this group and the people on it. This is a support group for people who suffer or think they have a problem. Not whiney spouses or girlfriends complaining that their loved one plays video games. Some people just like games, and there are others like me (yes I'm a woman) who feels like they may have a wrong problem, and you people just sit there are complain like it only hurts you!...
  • deleted_user

Am I being fair?

Hi, My husband and I have been married for 18 years and we have always been best friends....until the Video games came into his life about 2 years ago. He started playing and never stopped. He goes to work and attends a family function (Easter Dinner) etc...but he is ready to get back to his game as soon as possible. He said it helps relieve the stress he feels from work. I understand he has a...
  • Last Guardians has become popular games recently. You play as an adventurer in a magical land, and seek for conquest with your guild. The journey is dangerous and surprised; opponents are tough to defeat. Additionally, the story is full of mysteries and it motivates me to keep going. This game is attractive, and the abilities are undeniably cool! If you like action games you dont want to miss out...
  • Finally at the end of my rope and short of jumping in my car and taking off and just drive. What good does it do me? None... it gives him more uninterrupted time on the damn xbox! I cry beg whine plead and argue every day with him and it makes no difference. It makes me feel worthless unappreciated and completely neglected evey time he pickes that remote up. Why is it so much m,ore...
  • Had a talk with the hubs last night about gaming addiction. He says he knows he's an addict and has been one since he was a child. We pull teeth to get his undivided attention. For instance it took 8 years for me to get him to eat at the table 4 days a week, and he still tries to get out of it. But those half hour visits at the table is all we get from him on a consistent basis. Sometimes...
  • deleted_user

What is there to do?

I've been with my fiance for a very long time. We've been together for 7 years.Video games were never a problem in our relationship.If anything, I'd join in with him every once in a while and play alongside with him. It was recently when he started playing League of Legends.Two of his friends (who are extreme gamers) asked him to play with them. My fiance turned them down, saying that I wouldn't...
  • mistyrain02

At A Loss

I have a 21 yr. old son that is addicted to video games. I'm completely at a loss as what to do. This has been going on for years. I'm sure there is a lot of underlying issues that need to be addressed. He is going to college and works on the weekends. He has classes a few hours a day then back to the games. He also has an extreme anger problem while playing these games. He has broke at least 3...