Tourette Syndrome & Tic Disorders Support Group

This community is dedicated to those afflicted with a tic disorder. A tic disorder is one in which uncontrollable muscle spasms that can range from small annoyances to major disruptive occurrences. .

0 Online
  • ykc35

Dating

Hello,I just joined hoping to get some advice for my brother in law , who was diagnosed with Tourette's at the age of 10. He's 27 now and is having a very hard time finding some one. He has had only one relationship back in high school, and ever since then hasn't been able to meet any one. He's on multiple dating sites, and has gone on dates but nothing has stuck. He's a very good looking guy and...
  • JKK

Transient tics

If you could pick 1 thing that works the best for calming your tics, what would it be?
  • I don't know if I have a tic disorder or not but after I see people tic I start ticking for a while, and I have very minimal to no tics at any other time i was just wondering if anyone has the same thing that happens and I'd love to know if this is a actual thing like a tic disorderthanks 
  • Ellablu22

Tourettes Job advice, please help!

HI guys! I'm 21 and brand new to this page and hoping it can help me! I have had moderate tics my entire life (eye rolling, back and shoulder cracking, finger twiching, severe neck jerking, eyebrow raising, etc.- all motor, nothing vocal). Growing up with tourettes has been really hard for me because it always seems to get in the way of a normal social life, etc. All the tics in my back have over...
  • Lila

Feeling ashamed and awkward

I'm 34 years old and a supervisor where I work.  I have an unspecified tic disorder that has not subsided with age.  This last week I was working closely with 5 emploiees, 4 of them I usually don't work that closely with.  I'm sure they have noticed for some time that I have tics but we have never discussed it.  Last week my involtary movements were significantly worse then usual, bad enough...
  • kyliexo3

Need some support/help

Hi. I just joined this group and this is my first post. I'm 21 yr old female, I've had tic syndrome since I was very young, I remember seeing neurologists and everything. They never medicated me or anything (which I'm not sure there is a medication for this) anyway, having this gives me major anxiety &a depression. I get really embarrassed when it happens and I have quit jobs over it and am...
  • farmer_girl_with_a_tic

I need some support

I've had tourettes since I was about 15 and it was very mild like when you get a chill and your body just twitches, then now(I'm 19 now) I got a verbal tic where I yell "What" and jerk my head to the right, then now again out of the blue I needed to jerk my head up and down. I was never officially diagnosed because there is no definitive diagnosis. My family thinks its for attention and I just...
  • Cararandomforev

Supporter

Hi, I am Cara a 16 year old. I do not have Tourette's Syndrome but am a big supporter for people who do. I do not like it when people are mean just because something is different with you. I support anyone with any form of special needs not just Tourette's Syndrome 
  • becca123

tourettes

hi i am 13 years old and i have tourettes it is so anoyin people a school call me weird and a retard it hurts my feelings. I honestly never thought that i would find other people like me.
  • ce2016

Any effective meds?

It appears people don't post on the TS forum very often, so I don't know if anyone will even read this, but I'll try anyway.I suffer from all types of tics, both physical and vocal. I constantly shrug my shoulders, contract muscles in my arms, legs, and glutes. I roll my ankles and constantly raise my eyebrows and brush my hair back, even though my hair is extremely short and can't possibly be...
  • summerhope05

tourettes

hello my name is summer and i am 12 and i have tourettes syndrome and coprolalia and most of my tics are swearing and jerking my head back it kills my neck
  • Timeman

Grandson Tics

Hello,. My Grandson  (9 years old)  contracted Tics last week .I never knew anythig about Tics until I started reading and hearing what doctors said to my son.   I went to a sports game that he had a d it broke my heart to see him with his uncontrollable actions.  I was upset all weekend and then. Started to think that it's not a time for my emotions .......it's time to do all we can to...
  • Vic

TICS

Hi there .This post is also a reply i sent  to another group memberMy 5 year son developed tics that involve the shoulder and neck. This was so intense that i was so worried.It happened three months ago.He then developed blinking of the eyes soon after the shoulder and the neck slowed down.Shortly after that he would walk a short distance and then stop and turn around . I knew about tourettes as...
  • SparrowVerum

Long term injuries from tics?

I am 21 years old, and was diagnosed with ADHD and Tourette's syndrome at age 7 or 8. My tics, like most, have come and gone in severity through the years, at their worst in middle school, but have seemed to level off a bit in my early adult years. Recently, I have been dealing with some pretty intense facial and hand tics. My hand tics have gotten so bad that I have resorted to taping my fingers...
  • deleted_user

Feeling Disturbingly Unsympathetic

I need help and advice. My son was recently diagnosed with a Tic Disorder. While I feel sad and a bit distressed about how to best support him, I am starting to notice patterns of when his tics are more prominent and when there seem to be none at all.This summer we moved 1400 miles from California to Nebraska and as much as I expected my son to experience increased anxiety and stress thus ...