Tourette Syndrome & Tic Disorders Support Group

This community is dedicated to those afflicted with a tic disorder. A tic disorder is one in which uncontrollable muscle spasms that can range from small annoyances to major disruptive occurrences. .

0 Online
  • hey guys! I'm 15 and it's Thursday where I live. I got diagnosed on Monday but I've had tics since I was about 6. I was wondering if anyone has any advise for exams because my tics get worse when I'm stressed or upset and I'm obviously stressed about my exams so I need some advise on exams with Tourette's
  • NPHW

My son

Yesterday my son woke up, came into the kitchen and started having a sniffing and neck twitching TIC. Initially I sent him off to the bathroom because I thought he needed to blow his nose. When he came out and looked upset and confused I realised that this was something else. He sat down and then the TIC just took over and it kept repeating itself.  My son lay down, closed his eyes and starting...
  • musichearts

Hello

Hello. You can call me K.. I'm new to this site. 16 years old. diagnosed with tourette's about three years ago. I've been ticcing for as long as I can remember, but I only found out there was a name for it when I was 13. My only vocal tics are sniffling and throat clearing, but I have a loott of motor tics including a bunch of hand tics that have started to make my hands sore, ahah. My...
  • farmer_girl_with_a_tic

I need some support

I've had tourettes since I was about 15 and it was very mild like when you get a chill and your body just twitches, then now(I'm 19 now) I got a verbal tic where I yell "What" and jerk my head to the right, then now again out of the blue I needed to jerk my head up and down. I was never officially diagnosed because there is no definitive diagnosis. My family thinks its for attention and I just...
  • jacob337767joel

Moderate cannabis successful for my tics

I have found that cannabis helps with controlling my tics. Tics include voicing out phrases, arm jerks, head jerks and grimacing. It is also being used to control schizophrenic symptoms including daytime nightmares, obsessing on problems magnified by my imagination. I am able to positively dream of better outcomes with much emotional relief. My psych dr and I discuss the necessity to maintain...
  • davrta

i scared

i going die alone , i sick of feeling and being alone 
  • Lila

Feeling ashamed and awkward

I'm 34 years old and a supervisor where I work.  I have an unspecified tic disorder that has not subsided with age.  This last week I was working closely with 5 emploiees, 4 of them I usually don't work that closely with.  I'm sure they have noticed for some time that I have tics but we have never discussed it.  Last week my involtary movements were significantly worse then usual, bad enough...
  • i got disonsed with tic disoder like 3 years ago i was like 15 or 16 now i 19 , and i say things i dont mean. help someone 
  • ykc35

Dating

Hello,I just joined hoping to get some advice for my brother in law , who was diagnosed with Tourette's at the age of 10. He's 27 now and is having a very hard time finding some one. He has had only one relationship back in high school, and ever since then hasn't been able to meet any one. He's on multiple dating sites, and has gone on dates but nothing has stuck. He's a very good looking guy and...
  • JKK

Transient tics

If you could pick 1 thing that works the best for calming your tics, what would it be?
  • I don't know if I have a tic disorder or not but after I see people tic I start ticking for a while, and I have very minimal to no tics at any other time i was just wondering if anyone has the same thing that happens and I'd love to know if this is a actual thing like a tic disorderthanks 
  • Ellablu22

Tourettes Job advice, please help!

HI guys! I'm 21 and brand new to this page and hoping it can help me! I have had moderate tics my entire life (eye rolling, back and shoulder cracking, finger twiching, severe neck jerking, eyebrow raising, etc.- all motor, nothing vocal). Growing up with tourettes has been really hard for me because it always seems to get in the way of a normal social life, etc. All the tics in my back have over...
  • kyliexo3

Need some support/help

Hi. I just joined this group and this is my first post. I'm 21 yr old female, I've had tic syndrome since I was very young, I remember seeing neurologists and everything. They never medicated me or anything (which I'm not sure there is a medication for this) anyway, having this gives me major anxiety &a depression. I get really embarrassed when it happens and I have quit jobs over it and am...
  • Cararandomforev

Supporter

Hi, I am Cara a 16 year old. I do not have Tourette's Syndrome but am a big supporter for people who do. I do not like it when people are mean just because something is different with you. I support anyone with any form of special needs not just Tourette's Syndrome 
  • becca123

tourettes

hi i am 13 years old and i have tourettes it is so anoyin people a school call me weird and a retard it hurts my feelings. I honestly never thought that i would find other people like me.