Separation Anxiety Support Group

Separation anxiety disorder (or simply separation anxiety) is a psychological condition in which an individual has excessive anxiety regarding separation from home or from people to whom the individual has a strong emotional attachment, which can occur at all ages and in many situations.

0 Online
0 Online
  • hello all! Lately my anxiety and panic attacks have been eating away at me. My boyfriend and I have been dating a little over two and a half years and I've always kind of clung to him. But over the past year it has been nearly impossible for me to leave him unless I am going to be with my immediate family, or my closest friend. Everyday before we both go to work (we live together and have for two...
  • My boyfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago and I have taken it very hard as he dumped me because of my anxiety. He says he needs space and because I just want him back i kept pestering him to give me an answer, when he gets annoyed he'll get very angry and start saying we are over for good. Three weeks before we broke up we booked our first holiday together. The day he broke up with me we were...
  • I have severe separation anxiety from my mother, she can't leave the house without me. I am 17 and have had this since i was 8. I had to quit school and come to work with my mom for 8 years, she works as a nanny. I have never had friends because i cant go to school or anywhere without my mom. If she left and drove somewhere i would have a severe panic attack. I feel so alone and no one...
  • So i have only just discovered that i have separation anxiety. Its a long story why but it stems back to my childhood, Ive always pushed people away because i am fearful that they will leave anyway. I have a 1 year old son and honestly it petrifies me that he wont want me or will be taken away. The reason i realized that i do have separation anxiety is that i have been holding my "friends" at...
  • whymom

I think this is my issue

I became extremely depressed 1-1/2 years ago when my son moved out. It was very sudden for me. It's not that he wasn't old enough, etc. but he had never talked about it and he and his father did not tell me of his plans. It was supposedly so that he could tell me all of his plans--where he was going to live, with whom, how he would support himself since he was still in college but instead...
  • I'm 29 and I was with my fiance for 5 years, I used to postpone the wedding due to the fact that I suspected that he was cheating, but could not find any hard evidence. I sort of prepared myself for this day and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks after a second retrenchment and a third one in sight. I am very goal driven but soft hearted.I found all the evidence one night on his laptop - I stopped...
  • How I needed youHow I grieve now you're goneIn my dreams I see youI awake so aloneI know you didn't want to leaveYour heart yearned to stayBut the strength I always loved in youFinally gave waySomehow I knew you would leave me this waySomehow I knew you could never stayAnd in the early morning lightAfter a silent peaceful nightYou took my heart awayAnd I grieveIn my dreams I can see youI can tell...
  • baileysmum08

Hi all

Hi everyone, I just wanted to find out a bit more on separation anxiety. A bit about my son.. He is 6 years old, and at the start of this year, his father stole him and his sister from me. I use the word stole, because that's basically what he did. We have been separated for almost 4 years now, and he decides now, that I am an unfit mother, simply because he wants to get back at me for moving on...
  • I just can't believe this is happening.15 years with my best friend, the love of my life, the peanut butter to my jelly.7 years married and one day- out of the blue, I hear "I am not happy anymore". I feel like my whole life has been flipped upside down in a matter of days. I am now living at my folks house, how embarrassing and awful. I am absolutely devastated and heart broken. He isn't...
  • imil82

ASA

Hi all. I'm new here. Joined tonight because I'm going through a bit of a rough spot. I am experiencing some extreme separation anxiety from my boyfriend. To give some history - I was in an abusive relationship where my husband also cheated for years. That ended over a year ago and I have been involved with my boyfriend for six months or so. To say I have trust issues is an understatement. He is...
  • deleted_user

Separation Anxiety

I'm not sure if I have separation anxiety or just anxiety itself. My ex BF and I broke up 7 months ago and have been recently hanging out again. We are willing to just see where things go. He is leaving for deer hunting today and I won't see him for close to a week. I was ok when we said goodbye today but now I'm feeling anxious and like I want to text him to see how he's doing. However, I don't...
  • Hi everyone, I am new to this support group, as I just found it today. I have been dealing with separation anxiety since I was very young. I am in my mid twenties and still suffer from it today, along with severe depression. It has always been hard for me to talk about having separation anxiety because the person I cannot be without is my mom. I cannot handle being away from her for more than a...
  • deleted_user

im lost - HELP

Hello,I believe that i am one of many who struggle with seperation anxiety. When i was about seven my dad left my family and I. He was a huge alcoholic so in one way I feel like it was one of the best things that happened but in other ways I feel like it affected me because I was a daddys girl. He would take me everywhere, we were basically attached to the hip. I feel that ive brought this berdin...
  • He wants nothing to do with me after 9 1/2 years of an on again off again relationship. His drinking has gotten worse and he is verbally abusive to me. I called his work anonymously about his drinking because he was putting himself and his coworkers at risk. It ended up that the person I was talking to I knew so I gave my name. He found out and completely ignored me, unti I made him tell me what...
  • deleted_user

Huge Problem

I have major separation anxiety. Ever since I was younger. More so because of neglect. Now I feel as though I fear of abandonment as well. Way too much. Where I become consumed by it.Now I am trying to break free from all this and learn to cope. Now how do I do that with not many people to talk to or not enough support in the house.I dont have things to consume my time and energy. What do you do...