Post Partum Depression Support Group

Postpartum depression (also postnatal depression) is a form of major depression which can affect women, and less frequently men, after childbirth. It is widely considered to be treatable. Studies report prevalence rates from 5% to 25%, but methodological differences among the studies make the actual prevalence rate unclear.

0 Online
  • breakingmysilence21

In need of guidance

post partum depression is all new to me and so overwhelming, I've been trying to reach out to my fiancé over the phone. He's living in a different city for just over two months now and we're finally in the process of moving. Everytime I get to talk to him on the phone he's ether busy or tired, and I've told him many time I just need to have a conversation with him because I just need to talk to...
  • mikaylamiller

Need some reassurance

Have been going through ppd for a while now, and I feel like it's never going to end. I have good days but most of my days are bad. My husband doesn't understand. I know he tries to be supportive but he still lashes out at me for not cleaning up after the kids, etc. and my crappy sleep schedule, but I have insomnia and honestly, that's the only time I can be alone. I just feel like everything in...
  • JEDRO

How Do I Broach my Concerns to my Wife?

Hello all, I am new here and seeking some impartial advice/feedback for my wife.We have two kids (Irish twins), the second was born last month. We have hit the most serious rough patch in our relationship. Yesterday, she just told me that she hated me out of the blue, without any warning signs in our relationship. In fact, we have been working on us to improve our relationship since getting...
  • Hello supporters, i just wanted to say i feel alone all the time!! i just had a son been with my bf for almost a year. im currently on a leave from work, i was planning on going back but i have my doubts all the time!! any way........im always home with me and my son and the dogs also my bf 8 year old brother well during the week. First off i wanna say imma first time mommy, very difficult with...
  • borderpolar

I want to quit so badly

I love my son. But he's also my biggest struggle. I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder AND bipolar disorder and it's impossible to get treatment or even recover at all when I'm constantly concerned with this baby. I'm so tired and dehydrated and hungry and suicidal and I want nothing but to give up...
  • Newmom0608

Post partum

I recently had a baby and have post partum but I feel that no one understands me.. I can feel myself yelling inside.. I love my baby and would never change anything about my baby.. I just want to make myself better so I can be better for my child.. People tell me they understand but they don't.. I feel I have no one who can understand what I am going thru. 
  • JJ660

Overwhelmed by PPD and Life

I'm currently going through a myriad of issues. My boyfriend passed during my pregnancy, and I'm pretty sure the grief caused her to arrive early.I never wanted kids, and now that I have the baby, I'm trying to mourn the loss and be a decent parent. Unfortunately, I keep feeling like I don't want the baby. I think she would do a lot better with two loving parents who truly want her, instead of...
  • lucy559

Feeling misunderstood and alone.

I'm not sure what to say. Iv recently been diagnosed with PNDA.  I always suspected, but only recently sought help. It came on after my 4th child arrived prematurely a year ago.  Unfortunately I don't have the support of my partner who doesn't understand depression is more than a simple choice of headspace
  • DailyStruggle1979

Late

my daughter will be three in February. I have a history with depression so I didn't think what I felt over the years was PPD but I wi see if I'm wrong. I have been getting worse more disconnected less inclined to play with her and just feel like I don't have a connection. Anyone else show up this late ?
  • linds1207

Postpartum

Hi everyone,Just wondering if anyone is still in this group. I'm looking for some support and hope you guys are still available! I have really great days that turn into awful nights/mornings. I'd love to have some friends that just help me through the bad spells. It always helps me to talk through the bad mood swing. Let me know if you'd like to be a good support system for each other. Thanks!
  • Caidensmommy

I think I have postpartum depression

Hello, My son was born 10/22. He will be three weeks old tomorrow. I love my baby so much but I can't stop wishing I was still pregnant. Every day I find myself thinking of a time that I was pregnant. Every Friday I think about what I was doing at that time the day on the Friday I was in labor. I keep wishing I could just go back to the day before he was born. Then I feel horrible because I...
  • staceyannmelzo

Please read!! PPD PPA and disassociative state

I'm having a horrible time manging this dissassociative state which is making me have horrible anxiety 24\7. I just started counseling and pxil yesterday. On ativan for now as well. Really just need some tips or more info about this dissociative state/detached state I'm in. Anyone else have this or experience this? Will the meds for depression fix this? I feel like I'm crazy. Thast I'll never be...
  • Alison

I was recently diagnosed with postpartum depression with anxiety. I am currently have a panic attack and cant believe how hard it is to find ppd groups in my area or other forms of support. This is the first place I found that I might be able to talk to others with the same diagnosis. I am currently taking medication which seem to help but with everything going on in my life right now is causing...
  • ibelieveiamok

Recovered PPD survivor

hey everyone! My name is Kristy and I am 33 years old. I just wanted to start out by providing HOPE to all of the people suffering in the depths of post Partum depression. My son is now 6 and I had an overwhelming and terrible bout of PPD beginning the moment he was born. I can honestly say it was the hardest thing I have ever endured. However, I DID GET BETTER!!!!! What felt like forever in the...
  • Maddismum

New mom with ppd

Hi ladies, I just got diagnosed with ppd today and am somewhat at a loss. I knew there was something wrong when what I thought were just baby blues is still affecting me 8 weeks later. I've been numb and irritable during the day and once it's night and hubby and baby are asleep I lose it and start bawling from being overwhelmed and feeling like a failure. My doctor prescribed me antidepressants...