Moms of Prisoners Community Group

A place of support for mothers with a child incarcerated. A place to share the pain and find comfort with those who are walking on the same hard path. A place where together we can be stronger and help our children cope with their time behind bars.

0 Online
  • Jules757

New here.....

Hello all.  I have been really struggling with my son's incarceration and have had no luck finding any type of support group in the area I live in (Hampton Roads, VA). I am hoping that maybe I can at least chat with other moms on here that have gone on this heart breaking path. Unless you are dealing with this, you cannot truly understand. Yes my son committed a crime and must pay the...
  • Im_A_Heart_Broken_Mom

Imbrokenheartedmom

my email is suzzylewis1957@gmail.comPhone # 254-368-5202 I have a grandson whom just turned 20 we raised him from birth His mom didn't want him and my son was a truck driver so my husband took his as our own, he has Cystic Fibrosis, and a lot more health issue's he is in Prison for 25 years I can't handle this ether I cry all the time and I shut down. I looked so hard for a support group and...
  • Alwayshavefaith

Mom of a Prisoner

Hello,I am new to this group. I found it by looking for a support group for Mom's with sons in prison. My only child was arrested and placed in federal prison on 3/16/2015. That day will forever be in my mind. I will always have burned into my mind the image of my son holding his head down in shame as they placed him in handcuffs and led him out of the courtroom. He was given 10 years with 15...
  • Jessiesmom

Hi im new to this group

Hi my oldest son will turn 30 in 2 days in a fl prison he was sentanced to 10 yrs . we have 1 year down but it isnt getting any easier for me to deal with it and i dont honestly think i have really came to grips with it.and i have noone i can truly talk to about how i feel. I love him but im so mad at him then i feel guilty for being mad my heart feels like it is braking .i feel like somehow i...
  • KKreh

Frustrated, Sad and feeling alone

My daughter is incarcerated.  She has a really bogus 25 year sentence.  She's done 2 years.  She has her annual parole review this week.  Her unit manager refused to run her with support- even though she has completed all the mandatory programming.  Heck, she's finished every damn program they offer and several college courses.  Her sentencing judge refused to set a minimum amount of time...
  • Usugagal

Are there any moms in FL?

I feel we need to join and start a group and go to the Governor. The rate of arrests and incarceration are extremely high. They are arresting our kids and throwing them in jail for silly things. Talahasse has the highest arrest rate in the entire state. We need to be proactive as most of our kids are not criminals or a danger to society.
  • deleted_user

new!

I am new to this group. I haven't joined anything like this before, but I am searching for other moms who are going through this same thing. Im finally able to admit that my life is a real mess because of my oldest son who is in prison. Im so sad, frustrated and frankly angry about the whole situation. I feel like a failure as a mother, which until my son reached his teens, was the only thing I...
  • 59518577dbf

Birthday

I just spent the day with my daughter. Today is her 30th birthday. She has 7 more years to serve. I am thankful that I was able to travel to see her. Now I just feel so sad. The day she was born I could have never imagined this is where she would be in 30 years.
  • annalise_rye1

Interested in sharing your story?

Hello,Firstly, I'd like to commend your bravery in speaking about your experiences as mothers with children who are incarcerated. I am currently working on my thesis project for my Masters of Fine Arts investigating the experiences of women whose children are in prison. I am hoping to draw attention to the difficult, often largely overlooked experiences you are going through. If you are...
  • Sadmom92

Is this group active?

Anyone in this group?
  • deleted_user

My youngest son is in prision

My son was arrested on Feb10th. After receivigthat pohone call myworld crashed I have no support from family members except when they want to talk negatively about him. My husband is not his father and will not give me the money to bail him out till his court date. He is most likely facing prison time when he does go to his court date. Know one understands my feelings. Itis like my insides are...
  • joslyn2

Is there anyone still active in this group?

Is there any mothers here that have a kid that received a long sentence? I thought I was doing good about my sons incarceration but now it feels like it's catching up with me. I tend to try and live in denial as a coping skill.
  • kingsleym

My son is being blackmailed in prison

has anyone out there had experience with prison blackmail?  My son is serving a short sentence (24 months)  he has been coherced for the past few months to send money to people.  which means, I am sending money to people.  I just do not have any more money to send.  I fear for my son.  there seems to be no recourse to take.  If he stops paying, he could be hurt or killed.  What do I do?
  • jlr2299

wakulla

Does anyone have any info on Wakulla? Good or bad. My son is looking to transfer to a faith based prison. Any help is appreciated, Thanks
  • I live in Fort Myers, Florida. My friend had her son taken away to jail, and will end up in prison. I am looking for other Mother's of Kids in Prison support groups in my area. Can someone point me in the right direction?ThanksPatrick