Kidney Stones Support Group

Kidney Stones are solid crystals of dissolved minerals in urine found inside the kidneys or ureters. They vary in size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. Kidney stones typically leave the body in the urine stream; if they grow relatively large before passing, obstruction of a ureter and distention with urine can cause severe pain most commonly felt in the flank, lower abdomen and groin.

0 Online
  • Marebear

Kidney stones

hello  my name is Mary im 38 years old I joined because I need advice and and support I don't know what to do anymore  I have a long history of kidney stones I just got out of the hospital
  • One night while my stay at office I had the tragedy. I was trying to sleep inside sleeping bag. I started feeling some uncomfort in my spinal area. I stood up and then set for a while on chair. I started feeling pain in back and felt like going to loo. I passed my stools but with lots of sweating and pain. I looked me in mirror and saw my self sweating and felt like vomiting and severe heaviness...
  • Went to ER on 9/16/16 with bad left side pain, had 6mm stone was given pain meds and sent home. Went to urologist on 9/20/16 was given flomax, my question is can I use the flomax and the olvie oil nix with the lemon juice. Thanks for any help.
  • damz68

New here with Questions?

On 09/01/16 I had to go to ER with severe pain in left flank.  A catscan revealed a 8mm stone in my ureter.  After 4 hours of intense pain and some pain meds it all stopped.  They gave me an appointment for 09/06/16 to see a uroligist, pain meds, strainer and flomax.  Since then I have had 0 pain. When I got home I tried to find out all I could and learned that lemon juice can help reduce...
  • thaliajen

Lithotripsy failed

Hi- I'm new in this forum, a member of the Chronic Pain forum here. I'm 46, and have had kidney stones for over 20 years, but never had one that knocked me OUT until last year. Since then, I've had 2 more serious ones, and a litho done on my right kidney. That blasted two very large stones.A few days before Xmas, I went to ER with horrific pain & vomiting. The ER docs said I had a 7.5mm stone...
  • I fought to have a CT scan done without contrast (their "routine" scan for kidney stones) and another right after CT with contrast. It is very clear through these scans that their "routine" scan does NOT show all of the stones. If you are one of us who have been told that you don't have stones via a "routine" scan and want proof that it's crap. Let me know!
  • btsnyder

Not Yet Diagnosed...

Hi Everyone: Earlier this month I started feeling a nagging pain in my right flank. It's stayed fairly consistent over the past few weeks, sometimes worse, sometimes not there at all. I finally went to my primary care physician last Monday for an exam and urinalysis. The urinalysis came back fine except for a trace amount of blood. The doctor feels this is consistent with his presumptive...
  • johnnycake

Stuck Stone

I have been trying to pass my 4th stone on the right side for almost two weeks now. This is the first time one got stuck. Three days ago I saw doctor who ordered blood and urine work-ups, an ultrasound and prescribed tamsulosin (Flomax) but so far it still seems stuck.The ultrasound showed the urine flow completely blocked by a stone parked in the ureter, just outside my bladder. Luckily, there...
  • tropics

New Here. Kidney Shut Down

Hi All! I am new to this board and hoping to share some info on what I have been going through for over 7 years now. I have had massive amounts of stones in my left kidney for many many years. My Urologist/Surgeon said well over 100. After 10 Lithotripsies and countless lasers, my kidney gave up the battle and shut down. The blockage of the pieces and smaller stones in my ureter caused a log jam...
  • christawatts

PCOS and Kidney Stone Link

Chronic kidney stone former with my first one being at 16 and now I have been passing them daily for 5 years straight. I've been to tons of doctors and had various tests and still no answer. Living like this is a nightmare, especially being a single mom of two small children and a full-time counselor for the state. Ive recently been diagnosed with PCOS and found that it causes increased androgen...
  • MGOhio

Diclofenac ?

Hello All,I was reading the "Kidney Stones Information" section of this site, and if you "expand" it, in the 2nd to last paragraph it talks about how "Diclofenac usually provides effective pain management" to stones less than 5mm.I'm a newbie. Have never heard of Diclofenac, maybe it is better known by it's trade name.Does anybody use this? Is it effective?Thanks!!! Chris.
  • If you have been diagnosed with an Oxalate related Kidney Stone condition there is in the Apple App Store the oxaBrow iPhone and iPad App that can help you manage your Oxalate Diet. Just search for oxaBrow in the App Store.
  • deleted_user

What to drink?

Good morning!Here we go again (I think). More kidney stones.I know I need to drink lots and lots of fluids (always), but I absolutely HATE the way the water at work tastes, and I cannot bring myself to keep drinking bottled water. Have you come upon something that's tasty and doesn't add the calories?Happy Friday!!!!!Lamb
  • dbadalam

alpha blocker

I have surgery coming up to remove a stone and I'm freaking out about the stent complications. It seems like it can be as bad as the stone.My question is I will be on rapaflo (like flomax) for the week the stent is inside me. Can I develop renal colic after the stent is removed or will the medication meant to relax the ureter prevent that?
  • deleted_user

Limit amount of lithotripsies

I wanted to share this information from what I have read and also was verified by a premier stone clinic in the United States. There have been studies that lithotripsies can destroy nephrons in the kidney and people that had previously had calcium oxalate stones now have calcium phosphate stones. Calcium phosphate stones have been on the rise for the past few decades. This is just information...