Kidney Stones Support Group

Kidney Stones are solid crystals of dissolved minerals in urine found inside the kidneys or ureters. They vary in size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. Kidney stones typically leave the body in the urine stream; if they grow relatively large before passing, obstruction of a ureter and distention with urine can cause severe pain most commonly felt in the flank, lower abdomen and groin.

0 Online
  • angelous3790

Looking for some advice

Hi all, Im new to the group. I had my first diagnosed bout with a kidney stone about a year and a half ago. Once everything was said and done my Dr. suggested dietry changes and drinking more water. For the most part I have made those changes. The other day I was outside walking my dogs and had to pee, we live in the woods so I peed in a snow bank. The next day I went out and noticed that where...
  • KidneyStones3377

Kidney stones sitting high in right kidney.

To make a long story short, I had kidney stones in both my kidneys and I had to have surgery to remove the stones from both my kidneys.  The stones in both my kidneys were too big to be dissolved, so surgery was my only option according to the doctor.  My left side kidney was first for surgery and my doctor was able to successfully remove all of the stones.  Currently, it is a different story...
  • Tjw77

Kidney stone

Hi I had my right kidney stone removed in January of this year, my doctor told me they were calcium oxalate stones does anyone know of a low oxalate diet. 
  • Razzi7

Ct scan results

So I went to the emergency room on June 30 and July 2 but on June 30 they did a ct scan without contrast and said I have a kidney stone bit couldn't tell me what kind etc. Gave me pain pills and sent me home. On July 2 i went back to the er and that Dr called urologist. I went to urologist on July 3 and they could see the results of the ct but wanted to do one with contrast. Just had that done on...
  • Razzi7

First time

This is my first kidney stone and I believe back on June 5 I went to doctor for it hurt after I urinated in the bladder. Doctor just thought bladder spasms. I've been fine until June 30 when I had severe pain in my right lower back and been in emergency room all weekend and went to see urologist but now I'm waiting for insurance to authorize the tests etc.  But I'm such on a tight schedule that...
  • TiredofStones

History

55 yr old female.15 years ago had 3 horriffic Kidney stone incidents. The first. Each one lasted about 4-5 hours but was excruciantnly painful. Imagine worse than giving birth.1 year ago, became really sick for 10 days. Milder pain on right hand side, an urge to poop non stop but every time i did, found some release. Unlike this first times years earlier, this was no where near as painful but...
  • Benny81

Exercising with Stones

Hey all, I have suffered quite regular bouts of kidney stones since I was 21 and am now 36. Recently I have started playing football again and training for fun and exercise. As you can imagine this is quite vigerous exercise and after coming home after a training session a few weeks ago I urinated very deep red blood. I then had that familiar feeling of pressure in the bladder and a few days...
  • Littlefeather

What a mess

I am 62 years old and female.  I have been having kidney stones.  I am also prediabetic.  Here is my issue.  First of all, the diet that helps kidney function is carb intensive.  However the diet for prediabetes is carb limited.  I've investigated a vegan diet, but I have severe digestive issues and allergies.  Many of the foods on a vegan diet are not digestible for me.  So it seems to...
  • Littlefeather

Some good news

The doctor suspects Uric Acid stones.  He is putting me on Potassium Citrate for six months, then will rescan and see if the 10mm stone is any better.
  • deleted_user

kidney stones?

i am a 19 year old male. ive never had a kidney stone before so i had some questions. last night at around midnight i got a sharp pain in my lower right side. it was so painful i almost threw up. there was also blood in my urine. after an hour or two the pain died down alot and there was no more blood in my urine. i do not think i passed the stone, my mother told me i would have felt it. she said...
  • nina15

Stone Free

Has anyone used the product Stone Free and had luck with it?
  • RobertH

Round Two of Ureteroscopy Tomorrow

I wrote a journal entry on my experience thus far...  Tomorrow is round two of ureteroscopy.  Hopefully, this will be the last round.  Hopefully, they'll be able to get the stone out this time.  I'm ready for the pain and the discomfort to be behind me.  The kidney stone pain has been difficult to work with.  The stent has been uncomfortable and painful.  I'm just ready to be done with it.
  • michmartin

4 stones and counting...

I passed 4 stones this weekend.  I'm wiped out.  Been stone free for almost 3 months, I guess my kidney was saving them up. 
  • RobertH

Anxious... Maybe a Little Scared

I've been experiencing a dull ache in my lower left side for a couple of weeks now.  This past week it has been more constant and the pain has increased, so I went to my doctor suspecting a kidney stone.  I've had one in the past, but I hadn't had the dull ache for weeks before.  My suspicions were confirmed when they discovered a large kidney stone on an ultrasound and sent me to the ER for...
  • camille_Warf

Ureteroscopic kidney stone removal surgery?

Hi all,I’m a 34-year-old woman and I’m suffering from kidney stone problem. I’m experiencing severe lower back and abdomen pain at times. It is the worst pain I had ever experience in my whole life. My doctor told me that there are 2 small stones in my kidney and 3 small stones had passed into my bladder. I cannot tolerate the pain and am planning to consider ureteroscopic kidney stone...