Kidney Stones Support Group

Kidney Stones are solid crystals of dissolved minerals in urine found inside the kidneys or ureters. They vary in size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. Kidney stones typically leave the body in the urine stream; if they grow relatively large before passing, obstruction of a ureter and distention with urine can cause severe pain most commonly felt in the flank, lower abdomen and groin.

0 Online
  • RobertH

Round Two of Ureteroscopy Tomorrow

I wrote a journal entry on my experience thus far...  Tomorrow is round two of ureteroscopy.  Hopefully, this will be the last round.  Hopefully, they'll be able to get the stone out this time.  I'm ready for the pain and the discomfort to be behind me.  The kidney stone pain has been difficult to work with.  The stent has been uncomfortable and painful.  I'm just ready to be done with it.
  • michmartin

4 stones and counting...

I passed 4 stones this weekend.  I'm wiped out.  Been stone free for almost 3 months, I guess my kidney was saving them up. 
  • nina15

Stone Free

Has anyone used the product Stone Free and had luck with it?
  • RobertH

Anxious... Maybe a Little Scared

I've been experiencing a dull ache in my lower left side for a couple of weeks now.  This past week it has been more constant and the pain has increased, so I went to my doctor suspecting a kidney stone.  I've had one in the past, but I hadn't had the dull ache for weeks before.  My suspicions were confirmed when they discovered a large kidney stone on an ultrasound and sent me to the ER for...
  • camille_Warf

Ureteroscopic kidney stone removal surgery?

Hi all,I’m a 34-year-old woman and I’m suffering from kidney stone problem. I’m experiencing severe lower back and abdomen pain at times. It is the worst pain I had ever experience in my whole life. My doctor told me that there are 2 small stones in my kidney and 3 small stones had passed into my bladder. I cannot tolerate the pain and am planning to consider ureteroscopic kidney stone...
  • Tjw77

Kidney stone

Hi I had my right kidney stone removed in January of this year, my doctor told me they were calcium oxalate stones does anyone know of a low oxalate diet. 
  • santamonica

CT scan

Hello All!Have any of u had multiple CT scans because of the stones? I have and am a little worried about all the radiation exposure! Wasn't worried about it at first because I wanted to figure out what was going on but now looking back I've really had so many! HELP! Please tell me some of u are in the same boat as me!! Hope everyone is feeling well
  • Tjw77

Kidney stones

Does anyone know of a low oxalate diet for these stones need some diet food allowed to eat
  • Benny81

Exercising with Stones

Hey all, I have suffered quite regular bouts of kidney stones since I was 21 and am now 36. Recently I have started playing football again and training for fun and exercise. As you can imagine this is quite vigerous exercise and after coming home after a training session a few weeks ago I urinated very deep red blood. I then had that familiar feeling of pressure in the bladder and a few days...
  • JESSYBHA

Kidney care Herbal tea

Hello friendsPlease take "poonai meesai herbal tea " Poonai meesai Herbal  is best used for treating the ailments or problems of kidney and bladder due to it's mild diuretic action. It is believed to have antiallergenic, antihypertensive, anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties.It is used as a remedy for kidney stone and nephretis. It's very famous in India for Kidney stone problem  , it's...
  • angelous3790

Looking for some advice

Hi all, Im new to the group. I had my first diagnosed bout with a kidney stone about a year and a half ago. Once everything was said and done my Dr. suggested dietry changes and drinking more water. For the most part I have made those changes. The other day I was outside walking my dogs and had to pee, we live in the woods so I peed in a snow bank. The next day I went out and noticed that where...
  • soulsearcher83

I'm passing a stone tonight.

What are you plans? I hope they are better than mine!
  • Marebear

Kidney stones

hello  my name is Mary im 38 years old I joined because I need advice and and support I don't know what to do anymore  I have a long history of kidney stones I just got out of the hospital
  • soulsearcher83

Kidney Stone Factory

If only I could sell them. I make so many. I started having them at 16. I'm 33 and now have 2 huge ones, one in each kidney. Getting lithotripsy but I really want this to be the last time.I had bariatric surgery 2 years ago and was told that it could increase my chances of having stones. Given the size of these two, I believe it. I bought a magnesium supplement to start because I'm told it helps...
  • crochetnut1

needing to change

I am a 51 yr old female and I have been suffering from kidney stones for almost 18 yrs and I never thought my diet had anything to do with my stones or rather I just ignored  it and over the past 2 yrs. they have progressively have gotton bigger .  I just went to the ER 2 days ago and I was told that I may have passed a big stone because of the amount of blood that was in my urine, thankfully...