Interracial Relationships Support Group

This community is dedicated to the challenges presented when two people of different religious backgrounds form a relationship. Mingling different religions has both positive and potentially challenging aspects, including the religious preferences of children, religious holidays and traditions, schools and religious education and potentially different moral or ethical beliefs.

0 Online
  • Looking for advice on really figuring out why I am stuck feeling hopeless after my breakup (its been a month almost).  I usually do not feel hopeless; I usually am the optomistic type and realize the guy wasn't right for me so I look forward to meeting someone else. My ex is a wonderful guy who broke up with me for spiritual reasons..he was new to Christianity when I met him and he fell away...
  • TheLovelyLuna32583

I never thought I'd be dealing with this

I'm a white Christian girl from California and I started seeing this guy. He moved to California from Saudi Arabia a few years ago and he's Muslim. We really really like each other. He hasn't met my parents yet but I mentioned to my dad that he's from Saudi and my dad went into a rant about how women are treated there and that I'm not allowed to become Muslim and move to Saudi. Like geez, I...
  • Emmenbee

23 years and counting

Hi All, i am new to this group, and i would like to share with you my experience of being in a mixed relationship. I am based in the UK, about 10 miles outside of LondonHow it all started was that i met this beautiful Black African girl through some friends of mine in a pub, we started talking and exchanged phone numbers, we spoke constantly for hours on the phone day in and day out for about a...
  • Enchantress1821

Why me?

Why do I have to be different than everyone else in my family? I accept people for who they are; the good, the bad and the ugly. I feel like a fool falling in love with a guy who is ten years older than me and been with since I was a teenager. I guy who I thought was the complete opposite of all the men I had in my life. He was nice, too nice and he always made me laugh and feel special. I...
  • lingling11

To move on?

im 16, i met an 18 year old black guy.. we dated and i just fallen in love with him. He treated me like a princess. He is so perfect. my parents are racist , just so against other races.  He doesnt want to be with me cause he is scared we will get caught and something bad will happen. So he claims the only way to fix this situation is to end it and block me just shut me out his life. What do i...
  • carlajo79

Wondering

Hello. I'm new to this website. This is my first post. I would like some advice from those in the group on how to meet a good Caucasian man. I am 37 and black. I've always been attracted to white men and have only dated one.    Lately I am feeling very drawn to white men I encounter. I'm shy and men never approach me. I live in a small town that is predominantly white and conservative. Not sure...
  • janelletheboss1

Confused

Hi everyone! I am new to this group and I am in an interracial relationships. I am 24 years old and I am African American, and my boyfriend is 34 and he's white. So we've been living together for about eight months now. We've been together for a year and a half. I despise the way he was raised because he has NO life skills at all. I swear his parents didn't teach him shit and it annoys me. He...
  • gabe12

Exoticisation , Objectification , Doubts

Hi, here is Gabriel Im Italian and Im 24 years old. Im kind of idealist and tend to double check and challenge my feelings/ ideas a lot (sometimes too much :) ).So here is the thing. I feel really attracted to women with dark skin. I also like the idea of a relationship with a woman that comes from a different cultural background, I think it would make me a much richer and overall better...
  • TorAhm_BlaPal

Overseas love

my boyfriend & I have been together for a little over 2 years...he's Palestinian & I'm black...at the beginning of our relationship, I never knew that it'd be like this...I can never meet his family & there's a 95% chance that we'd never be able to get married & have an actual life together without it being a secret...our relationship has been hidden from his family the entire time...except that...
  • emilycochrane

Not sure what I can do

My boyfriend and I have been together a year and we are very much in love. Recently he has been studying in depth about black history and how it affects him and has basically changed his beliefs from God and Jesus, to all this other stuff I don't understand (because he doesn't share it with me), I have read some of the articles he is studying on, and they are so hateful and angry. White b!tches...
  • navi5221

emotional wellbeing in chinese relationship

Hi, I am a white queer woman in my early thirties, and I have been with a Chinese trans man in his forties for the past 3 years. I love him, but we fight regularly in a way that is impacting my emotional well-being. He sees the way we fight as normal and thinks I am being dramatic. His mother has said I just need to have thicker skin. My family is worried about me and thinks I am in an...
  • pippy2

Frieds

Hi All,I should have written about myself first but once I started writing about my feelings it just took over. How can one have feelings not knowing anything about them?Wink I am have 28 years of Nursing experience behind me I live in the south suburbs of Chicago, I am married with one beautiful daughter who is now 24 and has just recently left the nest. I loved my job, I have worked in many...
  • blackdiamondms

In interracial r'ship but daughter doesn't like

I am black British and I have a daughter who is also black British. I am marrying my fiance in 2 months time and he is Thai born but has lived in London all his life. We got together about 6 years ago. My daughter has been growing very distant from him for the last few months and she finally revealed that she wants me to marry a black man and not him. She's 11 years old. She said she hasn't been...
  • GeorgiaW

Chances for loving relationships

I've heard it said that we all get at least two chances to have a life filled with loving and supportive relationships.The first comes when we are born but many of us who visit sites like this did not fair to well on that score.A second Chance comes when you marry or chose a llife mate. We have the oppertunity to let go of the past and create a warm and loving home but many have problems doing...
  • walkingthewhiteline

Why date outside of your race?

Did you just happen to fall in love with someone of a different race or do you simply not dating your own race?I dated and married for all of the wrong reasons. I guess I deserved what I got.I'm a light skinned black woman. I've faced discrimination from both blacks and whites. For most of my life I dated guys that were black, white, Latin and Asian. It was my last experience with a black guy...