Hysterectomy Support Group

A hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus, usually done by a gynecologist. Hysterectomy may be total (removing the body and cervix of the uterus) or partial (also called supra-cervical). Although there are conservative alternatives, hysterectomy is performed for uterine fibroids, pelvic pain, pelvic relaxation, heavy or abnormal menstrual bleeding, and cancer.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi...I am here hoping to get some advice to help me in my decision...I am 46 and about a year and half ago I had a D&C for uterine polyps. Heavy bleeding stopped and I was good for a year (prior to all of this I was pretty normal with periods). Then the heavy bleeding started again and the polyps have returned. I had a biopsy and the results I received yesterday just show they have returned and...
  • Livelife55

Endometrial Cancer

I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, I had a total hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I have my post opp visit Monday. Not being able to swim has been hard, because that was my exercise everyday. I suffer from depression anyways, now it's a lot worse. They took some lymph nodes and tissue and tested it to see if the cancer has spread. Thank God it hasn't. I have been feeling very emotional. I'm hoping...
  • In 2015 i was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer.........October 2015 they took everything out of me via radical hysterectomy. Two weeks later i had the staples removed..........a week after that i went to the clinic not feeling well........... i bent over as i sat on the exam table and the opening on my stomach burst open and i spilled alot of fluid.......... my opening had been collecting infected...
  • Hello,I am new to this group and this is my first post. I had my hysterectomy in 2011 (at age 41). All was fine until recently. I first began noticing slight changes but now I think I may be experiencing early menopause and need advice. I have headaches, bouts of brain fog, memory loss, hair thinning badly, hot flashes (if I'm outside in the heat 5 minutes it feels as if I am going to pass...
  • I was concerned about having a hysterectomy. However, everything turned out great! I kept my ovaries. I don't have any side effects, except no periods, which is totally fine by me. My sex drive is fine, even higher since I don't have to deal with period stuff.
  • erinmunster

Hello All

I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Erin. I'm 33 years old and from Portland, Oregon. I'm also not sure where to start. In late February, I was diagnosed with adenosquamous carcinoma or mixed carcinomas, which is glandular and squamous cancers of the outer cervix and the uteran cervix. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy done on March 15th. They removed my fallopian...
  • Thought I was doing fine but Saturday after having lunch I felt my food was just stuck in my stomach and was going no where. Could not sleep Saturday night with stomach and pelvic pain and this continued on Sunday. I ate very little yesterday and not as painful this morning but have not had a BM since Friday : ( Doctor prescribed Lactulose but it seemed to make constipation worse so do not know....
  • deleted_user

Macafem???

Has anyone ever tried or heard of the natural herb called Macafem???It is supposed to help balance hormones in a natural way and is an alternative to risky HRT.Has anyone heard of it??
  • stressed13

I'm scared

Hell in new here, I'm 24 years old and I will be going to be having an hysterectomy. Before I start to date this giuy I told him about it and he cared but still asked me out, now it's a different story and he wants nothing to do about it witch means me. I'm scared after I'm done the surgery I will have no one to lean on or support me and it's scary I'm scared. I feel alone right now and I ate...
  • crazyenough2

new to this group

Hi EveryoneI'm schueld for Oct 5th to have a hyster, I have a prolapse. I have a very physical job where lifting up to 50 pds is required. I have been preparing as much as possible for my recovery time, and will have 4 to 6 weeks off work. Putting things and people in place so I can relax and recover. Glad to have found this group.
  • Hi in October 2015 had a partial hysterectomy. Fibroid tumor size of cantaloupe overtook my uterus and they removed my uterus. I have 1 child, a son. I always wanted to have a girl but now my chances a gone. I'm in a great relationship with a wonderful man who does not have any children of his own but would like to have a child and we love each other so much but I can't have children. Neither one...
  • Rosa17

Prolaspe help

HelloHas anyone used one of these hide-a-way contraptions to help a prolapsed womb? It's supposed to help with the horrible dragging sensation.Thanks
  • Well, it has been 15 days since I had a Total Hysterectomy, everything taken out : ( Not in much pain now but very itch stomach. The 26 staples have been taken out but have Steri Strips and a bandage because two small areas have not closed.Moving around better and have to go up and down our stairs to toilet and bed. So good exercise. Only trips out have been to GP's office.Still waiting for...
  • Ten days ago I had a Total Hysterectomy because I had a 15 cm Ovarian Mass, Uterus with fibroids - waiting for Biopsy with fingers and toes crossed. Less than 24 hrs after OP a Nurse informed my OH that I could go home. I still had the catheter in, had not been out of bed, eaten, been out of bed or had a wash ????? The OP went very well, in my opinion, but I felt let down by the majority of my...
  • After years of scans, blood tests they finally found a 15cm Ovarian Mass and Uterus full of Fibroids. They are removing Uterus, Ovaries and Tubes. They will not know if it is Cancer until they do a Biopsy. I will have my Laparotomy on 14 January.I am 74 years old with some Heart issues and Arthritis. I am rather worried.