Hysterectomy Support Group

A hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus, usually done by a gynecologist. Hysterectomy may be total (removing the body and cervix of the uterus) or partial (also called supra-cervical). Although there are conservative alternatives, hysterectomy is performed for uterine fibroids, pelvic pain, pelvic relaxation, heavy or abnormal menstrual bleeding, and cancer.

0 Online
  • Pandajo

July 10th

I found out last week at my yearly exam that I have PCOS and stage IIA cervical cancer. I will be haveing a full hystorectomy July 10th. I'm 34 and don't have kids and I am so very heartbroken. No one understands. They just say I'll be fine and that I should focus on getting through my surgery but, I mean, I think I have the right to be sad? This is a huge thing I feel is being taken away from...
  • asselin23

Unplanned Hysterectomy

Hello all!I'm new here and looking for women who have been through a similar experience. I'm 29 years old and just had our first baby 3 weeks ago. After my c-section I started hemorrhaging and they were forced to do a hysterectomy. My husband and I had always planned on having two children close together and it's been difficult to wrap my head around the idea that I can't carry anymore...
  • ShaLyn

Happy Birthday, to ME!

Yes, that's right. Im having a partial hysterectomy next week, on my birthday!  It wasnt really intended to be that, but my Dr. only does the procedure once a month....so, in consideration of my job, and my pain level...my birthday won the date!   Im 45, divorced, no children. This surgery is necessary and my feelings about having it are solid. Im ok getting rid of the pain and misery, and...
  • Emibee

Hysterectomy on 6/6

Hi. I'm new here. I'm 49 with a history of multiple fibroids and heavy bleeding. Ended up in the ER a couple weeks ago because I lost 3 pints of blood in one day and had a dangerously low blood pressure.I chickened out of a hysterectomy two years ago because I was afraid of losing my ovaries, but this episode forces the issue.Having a total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral...
  • SistaMC

Hormone Therapy

Hi Ladies, I'm 27, just had my baby in Oct of 2016, I've been terribly moody and My GodFather expressed I should be on hormone treatment therapy. Has any ladies gone thru and menopausal symptoms?? They only removed my uterus because it ruptured during labor.
  • whatsalolo08

Hormones and pain

My name is lori im 27. I have had a hysterectomy and i only have one ovarie. I had a hysterectomy in the fall of 2014. Lately I have had horrible headaches and my boobs have been hurting so bad. I even have this pain that I have had for a while but seems way worse lately when I lay or go to change what side I'm laying on. I feel a like someone is stabbing me. 
  • Grandma6404

Scheduled 4/26

Went to drs to for follow up. Was told a hysterectomy will be performed. I agree its my best option. I am 53 and in menopause. My ovaries are full of cysts and causing pain. A hole in one ovary. Polyps in cervix and uterus. Had uterine ablation in Feb. I need relief and to get back to normal life. What do I need to know prior to surgery? What can I do to prepare? 
  • yarilu

New and depressed a bit

hi everyone I'm new to this so I thought I'd give it a try since sadly I don't have many friends and my family is far. On August 24 I had a total hysterectomy ( kept the ovaries ) and the first night was painful but I am recovering quickly . I guess my issue is that number one I suffer bipolar and depression issues and I just found out that my sister in which I love very much is pregnant . I know...
  • Smc

After its ALL gone

Good morning everyone. I'm Stacey I just had a full radical hysterectomy 6 days ago..The recovery hasn't been as bad as I've expected.. However I do have a few questions that my doctor didn't answer clearly....I'm 42 and very nervous and worried about sex after....Is it different, the same, better, worse...I know everyone is different but I would like a little insight on what I could expect......
  • Not having "real" sex but using a toy, I have to admit sadly, I have some discomfort when I first insert.  I use lube and it helps a great deal.  I can orgasm fine.  After the first discomfort, I am ok with in and out movements.  Just wondering if this happens to anyone else. When I used the estrogen patches, I had no soreness inserting.  Having a new dr, I cannot ask for the patches but I...
  • gavelle12

Hysterectomy

Hi all I am looking for advice, I have suffered yearts with my periods etc, after having ovarian cysts, endometriosis and now adenomyosis, I am waiting on the list for a hysterectomy. I suffer daily pain from a chroic illness and suffer daily pain anyway, but this feeling of constant period pain, its my whole pelvis back and all down my legs. on top of the pain i get everywhere else. my biggest...
  • Twilkes2016

4 days out of surgery

I had a partial hysterectomy this last Wednesday. Besides the usual pain and care we are told how to handle, I had my first bowel movement today since before the surgery, no one told me to expect severe pain during it, even with a stool softener......Anyone else experienced this?
  • gettingahead

Possible hysterectomy...need advice

Hi...I am here hoping to get some advice to help me in my decision...I am 46 and about a year and half ago I had a D&C for uterine polyps. Heavy bleeding stopped and I was good for a year (prior to all of this I was pretty normal with periods). Then the heavy bleeding started again and the polyps have returned. I had a biopsy and the results I received yesterday just show they have returned and...
  • blueskies

So so so sad.

My name is Nicole and I'm 36 years old. I was diagnosed with endocervical Adenocarcinoma in Situ in July of 2016 (in a biopsy) and got a LEEP procedure that showed clear margins (and no AIS in the specimen.)  However, my doctor has recommend a hysterectomy as the "standard procedure" and the other two doctors I have seen after her say the same.  I am super frustrated because they have been...
  • dsdavis0414

Hysterectomy 8 weeks ago

Hello all I am new here. I am having a really hard time. I truly feel thankful to be here and be alive after what happened to me and these feelings of sadness just seem to overcome me sometimes. I recently had my 3rd child a little girl. I was trying for a vba2c and I made it to 10 cm and was practice pushing when my old c section scar started to burn they told the dr and he said I needed to have...