Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

1 Online
  • trichotillosophia

How to deal with bf away for two-three months?

hey! my new (8months or so) boyfriend who is a dj has just left a few days ago to go to Europe to go to music studios/make music see friends and party.. he was always wary about labelled relationships because of being heavily cheated on before but we worked on things and are official, he said him being away wouldn't affect that and is going to be loyal to me and that's something I just have to...
  • LenaCello

Frustrated and Sad with Difficult husband

Hi. I have been married 30 years and we have 6 children- 4 sons and 2 daughters. My oldest son is married with 4 children but we never see them because we live so far away. My second oldest son will be married this year but lives on his own in Mexico. The rest of our children live here on the same piece of property with us, each in their own little house… 2 are single and one married and the...
  • t-girl

Husband doesn't want sex

My husband and I are in marriage therapy but he still seems to have zero libido. He says I'm sexy and he's so in love with me but his actions don't speak that to me. I always have to initiate only to be rejected more than not. I'm at a loss. Not sure what to do. 
  • lostinthecycle

Final breaking point???

So Thursday he was fired from his job. Called me at work bawling. I didn't know what to say. I am surprised he lasted 4.5 months really. He has come home every day complaining about his job, his boss, how the place is ran. You name it and he complained about it. And because I was back to 2 jobs he decided if his boss talked down to him again that he was quitting. So him being fired was not...
  • Valoo

Need advice

I've never had a fulfilling relationship, even among my friendships. I love my friends, but sometimes I just feel like I'm someone they put up with more often than not. But I digress. I've only ever dated two people (three-ish, kinda) and it's just hard. How am I supposed to get more dating experience if women don't afford me the opportunity to learn? I've tried Tinder (not recommended if you...
  • QuietStorm

Need advice/tips

Hey guys,I've been having some minor issues in myself and my relationship.-I'm a natural giver, I get to point where I realize no one cares about my well being or my emotions (I know this is dramatic because my SO does love me very much and I have great friends) but I do end up feeling so overwhelmed that I start to wonder, who's gunna make sure I'm OK?-My SO has trouble being compassionate...
  • RGatesl

Im done trying!

I'm never going to claim to be a perfect person by any means. I have had anger issues, communication issues, I have lacked accountability for the things I did and never wanted to be responsible, I have been the blamer and I have created chaos in the lives of others. I have taken classes and work shops and seen therapists for many years now. I have changed almost every behavior that I know...
  • Aronia

How to deal with passive aggressive ex?

We ve been dating for over a year and he has a vindictive EX. They have 2 kids together. She has never met me. We don't advertise on social media, we  almost never spend time with kids, it is usually just us, we don't live together. He was 100% single and divorced 3 years when we met. Our time together is short and he is with kids all the time.   Today she went out of her way to ruin our date....
  • plshelpme

Please help

Hello!My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years with every year being better than the last. We are at a very good place and are even talking about kids and marriage. Physically - I think we're normal. We kiss a lot, cuddle, he grabs me, tickles me. But then we rarely have sex. Every time I think we are going to- so then I initiate it, he tells me it's super hot or he's tired. I always...
  • Pessimisticoptimist

He's a conundrum

So if you have seen any of my other posts I had a very traumatic breakup about a year and a half ago. It took me so long to get over it. I recently met someone through some mutual friends and it started out just as friends. We even said we weren't looking for a relationship. Then out of nowhere we are spending every free second with each other and he even has a toothbrush at my house. He just got...
  • gretchenkv

Why hasn't he tried to have sex with me?

I have been dating this guy for three months now. We get along great, and whenever we are together he is very sweet and affectionate. There is a lot of hugging, kissing, cuddling, rubbing, etc. But he hasn't yet made any move to sleep with me. He has talked about it. Like "next time I see you, we'll spend the night together, and I will wake you up with kisses", and he has said "next time, I will...
  • smith32

Is there anyone going through the same thing?

36 married for three years have a wonderful 2 year old. I have a high profile career. Love my job. My child is unbelievable. My husband is an incredible dad. And yet I am writing on a group support chat to hopefully find someone to help me save my marriage. I am the type of person that will bend over backwards to make my partner happy, but I also won't be miserable for the rest of my life. We...
  • cameronsx6

Past affecting the future

Hi, my husband of 18years told me yesterday that he had got a girl pregnant before we met and that she had an abortion.  I tried really hard to process this information by asking him questions but he stonewalled me.  He said the girl told him 3 years ago at a wedding, I was not present.  So I understand that he had no control over this past situation. But I am feeling really horrible, we have...
  • QuietStorm

Why can't I stop?!

So my SO is constantly telling me that I dont stop when we are arguing. We are different people, I like to talk and try to solve the problem, and he likes to be alone and think about it himself. But I do admit that when we get stuck in an argument it can be hard for me to stop, and I should since we are stuck.My SO doesn't like one of my friends (L). Her husband and her are seperated and my SO is...
  • MackenzieandKate

Need some advice

Hey everyone,So I'm writing this because I've been with this guy for almost six months now and we've been talking about getting engaged and moving in together next year. I have heard from his ex-girlfriend (yes I'm friends with his ex-girlfriend) that he has flirted with her multiple times and has tried to get back together with her. Today, I found out from her that he had cheated on me for a...