Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

0 Online
  • Krissy

Stupid question

I am in a relationship that is abusive  and I am planning on having things change,  however he says he wants to change and we have this argument today! Today I decided to redecorate the living room since I was cleaning and I enjoy redecorating,  however my boyfriend was upset because I  did not include him.  I told him that he was busy and I did not want to bother him... And asking him now...
  • radhika

it was a mistake and not a choice

who ever replied to my post earlier i need them to know one thing clearly.i married aperson who turned out to be emotional manipulator and we broke up.i did not choose to marry him.i had to marry him because my parents wanted me to marry him. i and my parents knew nothing about him. i mean his nature ,character .he behaved liked a normal person when we got engaged. but turned out to be a...
  • mossk

go for it or walk away?

there's this woman that I am insanely drawn to. she is sweet, innocent, gentle, smart, funny and beautiful. she comes from money and from what she says, a good family. now take all that and imagine the opposite, that's me.we have a few classes together and I've done five study groups with her and other people but last night was the first time it was a one on one project. she's amazing and...
  • SassyGrace

Dealing With Annoying People

Hi, I'm hoping it's ok to post this here?  I don't know if this forum is strictly for romantic relationships or not.  If it's the wrong place, please let me know and I'll remove it.Ok, I'm newly single and living alone for the first time.  I'm trying to recover and get my finances and life in order. I'm very nervous, and just trying to get myself together.My new neighbor came over with a...
  • gradpsych0

When do I bring up Marriage

Good Afternoon Everyone, Hi Moderator !!! My name is VikkiMy boyfriend and I have been together 4 years, and we decided to live together for a year. But, I started feeling uncomfortable because I believe in the codes of marriage so I moved out.  However, I loved living with him and connecting with his family. I have heard horror stories of couples who lived together for a long time and decided...
  • radhika

im indian. from this community and members posts i came to know that people go for theraphy in some countries to sort out issueslike dealing with breakups , depression . as for as i know i dont  know such theraphists are available in india to help people.even if there are kind of counsellors available in india  the fees charged by them is way too high for many to afford such service.are there...
  • johnnycake

Checklist for Relationships

Today I first noticed this interesting op-ed piece.  It is primer-level stuff, but made things a bit more clear for me.  I am compelled to provide a few excerpts from the article below Do You Feel In The Relationship?In answering these questions, it is important to place the person’s actions...
  • I was with an angry, alcoholic with sociopath tendencies for 21 years but made every excuse in the book for him. I am away now and just beginning the healing process. Has anyone else dealt with this? I wish I would have recognised this behaviour when i first met him it would have saved myself and my children years of grief and pain. I hope i don't have to be alone forever but i'm afraid I may...
  • RisingStar

What happened?

So here's a scenario: a man and a woman are having casual sex. He starts getting rough with her and begins to hurt her. She begins to feel uncomfortable about the whole thing. He starts doing something to her to which she clearly and audibly responds: "No, not that" He ignores what she had just said and forces it on her anyway. The way she is positioned, she can't get away from him, she's...
  • lovingmyselfirst

Trust my body?

havent dated in a year by choice as I was working on self love and independence plus I'm extremely particular about the type of men I'm attracted tomet a gentleman who doesn't really makes my heart go fast but treats me like royalty and I enjoy his company he goes out of his way to be niceat the end of second date he tried to kiss me and I instinctively pulled away I came home feeling disgusted...
  • justtired

Needing advice

I have been with my fiance for 6 years, living together for 3, engaged for 6 months. Wedding planning is starting, we knew that we were going to have a long engagement going in due to my own already busy schedule. He's my only friend where I live, I relocated for my job and he moved in with me a year after that. He's the person I vent to when I've had a horrible day at work, he cooks for me a...
  • Some friends and family think my standards are too high. I actually think they're perfect. I spent years with incredibly low standards . And by years I literally mean a year and 1/2 waiting for the moment to get the title of girlfriend from a man . Spent four months with a guy who insisted he didn't want a relationship but as soon as I moved out of the state, within weeks he had a girlfriend....
  • Krissy

Did he cheat

Hi everyone I need to get this out of my chest and would like your opinion on this! While I was cleaning out the office I found a letter from a girl at his work that was written to him.  It said how she really likes him and how she pictures them making love and that she misses him ect. She did not write her name.. I found a couple of valentine cards that said "be mine"  kisses When I...
  • Krissy

I need your support right now

Tonight we had another fight because he feels that I don't care about him!. Last year he gave me a dinner reservation for 2 only and it will expire shortly... However I don't like my daughter being with a babysitter and I guess I don't like being alone with him since we argue a lot so therefore I didn't do anything about it! I told him that I did not like the way he talks to me about it because...
  • Aronia

Cheater vs non-cheater

I just wanted to share this in case if someone is starting to date after infidelity.    My marriage of 11 years ended because of it and my recent relationship of 6 years ended basically because of it too.    I dated a few men in between those LTRs and now have been with new one ( probably going to be a long one as well)    Each time I dated a cheater ( the two above were not the only...