Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

4 Online
4 Online
  • Mandy81

Insecurities

hi all - I'm just out of a three year relationship a couple of months ago. My ex was not a bad person but he had a streak of insecurity about him that dogged the relationship from the start - examples of this would be checking through my phone and reading my texts because he was 'sure I lied to him about something', and at one point calling me a f****** wh***. He said his ex gf cheated on him so...
  • Aronia

He has low self esteem

So, my new relationship is going pretty good, except I ve come to realize that my man has really low self esteem. He is a BIG, tough man, but on the inside he is sensitive , somewhat afraid and hurting. All of this stems , I think, from abusive father and an abusive ex wife. He makes remarks that let me know in a round about way that he is worried about me cheating on him and he has poor...
  • My ten year old marriage has been difficult from the start. We are both in our 50's and both have grown up children from 1st marriages. Non of whom live with us.I just dont trust my DH one bit, he is so secretive, he tells me nothing and there is no communication between us.Basically i clean, make his dinner, he comes in watches tv for the rest of the night. I go out to a class and then return...
  • Pleasent greetings to all here. I have a question I would like to ask which may be some benifit ot the group. How much does chemistry matter in a relationship?I am an older male and have only had a few relationships with a few women There were times when I was younger and was a time when I was extremely young where I hada crush on a girl my age. Has anyone ever found the same feeling of...
  • Hi everyone, this new DS is a bit odd....I was just checking in to let all my friends on here, and people who have offered me valuable advice and support in my relationship with my abusive husband....I left him.I am in a safe place.I came on here initially to find a way to make our relatinship work, or at least be better.Then I came to realise he is very abusive and our relationship was so...
  • Brandy

Sparkless

I have been with my guy since high school. That makes 8 years now.Lately, we have been fighting more and more.I'm currently staying with some family 2.5 hours away from him.Do I want to go back?I really don't think I do.But the only thing that keeps me on the fence,is that our baby girl is due in October.Am I being selfish or will things get better?My Love for this guy, who I consider my...
  • OTM64

Update on new guy!

You guys are going to crack up!So this morning he send me a text saying "I am thinking about you" and I just texted back a little heart emoticon.He then writes back "Am I just wasting my time here?" I tried explaining that I was just getting to know him and that I could not jump into a relationship after only meeting someone 2 times. After going back and forth a few times he wrote this:"You...
  • My husband and his best friend talk literally every day, multiple times. I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw 71 texts and 4 pages worth of calls in less than 12 days on the current phone bill. We have been going to counseling in regard to this, and he said it would change, but clearly it hasn't. His best friend never put in an effort to know me, and is an immature drunk. Everytime they...
  • Hi Friends~I joined Match.com last week and I have been talking to a man, Let's call him Alan.I met him Thursday night in person and it seemed kind of ackward at first, he seemed uncomfortable, maybe nervous, didn't talk much.But eventually he seemed to loosen up and talk more, Cool!Since then he has sent me several messages saying that his is "thinking of me" and "misses me" etc....... I don't...
  • Married 31 years in September. Live in the same house and for the past 7 days we may have spoken a total of 20 words to each other. I'm always the one to give in first, but this time I feel that if I do it, he will think he won or has power over me. It all started when I was the wedding coordinator for my nephews wedding. He thought it took too much time and because he said my nephew doesn't do...
  • DeathByDegrees

Please help.

I've been with my husband for 9.5 years, married for 5.5. For the last month(ish) we've been wavering on the brink of it all ending and I don't know what to do.My husband has decided that he has fallen out of love with me. Apparently it has been going on for probably over a year and yet he hasn't said anything about it to me. He has raised a number of other issues that (in my opinion) were...
  • I've been with my partner for 5 years, living together for 2. He has a lot of trust issues because his ex accused him of a crime he didn't commit and he spent 4 months on remand before being proven not guilty. Since then he's really struggled to rebuild his trust in women, and we've had a turbulent time coming through it . But we got there.Two years ago, before we moved in, we broke up for 3...
  • Okay this is not your typical post. I left a 21-year destructive marriage a month ago and guess who I met? That's right me the person that got lost Twenty-One years ago. Sometimes the best relationship you can build is one with yourself so that you know what you really want out of life and you find peace and happiness without dependency. I'm over 50 now so I'm too old and tired to put up with...
  • I'm not a perfect listener but I try to be a very conscious, active listener. I often end up feeling drained after speaking to people that I have extensive or in-depth conversations with because I truly am 100% present in the conversation. But lately I've noticed this resentment bubbling up that I can't keep shoved down. More and more I do not want to talk with the people I interact with the most...
  • Sara25

Family-

Sometimes family can drive us crazy. I have learned to be patient, but sometimes life can be too much. I am constantly fighting with them, and it's makin me tired. I want to give my time to school and work, and want to go for my goals to be happy. I am transferring to a UC in one year, and will live in a dorm. This means so much for me, but in the mean time I have to be patient. What else can I...