Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

6 Online
6 Online
  • OTM64

I may have met a keeper!

I realized that you all never really hear from me unless I am having dating problems!So I thought I would update you all on a good thing!I met this wonderful man on BUMBLE about 3 weeks ago.He is so sweet! We get along great and have some things in common.He is a bit younger only 46. He lives a lttle distance from me (45 minutes) but so far so good!Keep your fingers crossed for me!
  • Taking a poll here!He hurt me, cheated on me, used me, and left me. So why do I miss him? More importantly, why should I not call him? My heart wants to be with him, but my head is saying NOOOO. So if you're willing to share:What are some things you tell yourself when you're tempted to return to those who have hurt you?
  • Hi Friends~I joined Match.com last week and I have been talking to a man, Let's call him Alan.I met him Thursday night in person and it seemed kind of ackward at first, he seemed uncomfortable, maybe nervous, didn't talk much.But eventually he seemed to loosen up and talk more, Cool!Since then he has sent me several messages saying that his is "thinking of me" and "misses me" etc....... I don't...
  • 4jesus

House Cleaning

This may sound trivial to some and stupid to others to complain about, but I can't seem to get my husband of 13 years to help do the chores of cleaning like he used to. I work a full time job, he is on disability. We don't have kids yet. He has had some mental issues and breakdowns a couple of years ago, and he hasn't been the same since. I have to beg him to do at least 1 chore (usually...
  • What I am about to say is going to throw people off and might seem like I am bashing, but what I been seeing, hearing, and feeling is foreign.I never was one to be open or like to deal with my emotions, I was never the"bad boy" or nerd.This is the problem, I was the observer never was into females that much and never had a reason to. Don't get me wrong I like females but I was never the type to...
  • Hello, I would like to ask because I feel there needs to be something we are aware of. I only want to see the perspective from people. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong group. So here it goes.If you dated someone, would you be ok with them watching adult entertainment? Why or why not?
  • Baffled

Lacking Intimate Sex

My boyfriend of almost 4 years seems to always have an excuse as to why we can't have sex. He's either too tired, his back hurts, we're watching a movie, it's the middle of the day, etc. When we were first dating we had very intimate sex and I felt like he really found me attractive. For the past 2 years he hasn't been into sex. He seems tense and we don't kiss during it (we NEVER even have a...
  • I'm really starting to question things with my girlfriend. We've been taking things slow but it's been like that for what now seems like an excrutiatingly long amount of time. Things picked up a little but life kinda happened and since that she's really seemed like she's pulled back on me, yet has not communicated anything is up. I'm just going off a gut instinct but I feel like we almost had...
  • erinpalm

Relationship

I have a boyfriend, and we have been dating for almost a year. I feel that he does not make time for me like he does other important people in his life such as his family. I saw him once last month, and only twice so far this month. He is living about an hour and fifteen minutes away. I don't mind driving to see him, but he seems to always be too busy or tired to drive to me. I feel like I am...
  • vjh_1989

Very frustrated

I'm close with my mother on some levels. Others not so much. We live together and I do respect her. Even at 27 years old if I go somewhere I tell her where I'm going, and when I'll be back. For me it's a respect thing.We're both in college, I have two children of my own and she has me and my brother. What bothers me is she can be so domineering. Which to an extent I can understand. We're Italian...
  • It means a lot to me to make a positive contribution to my wife and kids…. Making a meaningful contribution to “my tribe”. I spent a number of years so focused on growing my business, that I negated what’s important. One morning a few months ago, when I was mediating at 5:30 AM , this realization hit me a like an epiphany. I immediately wrote a list of things that I feel...
  • This is about my kid. I want to give a little background - my daughter is 13. She is a really good kid and stuck on my like glue right now. Her life has been complicated, but much less traumatic that other kids I know. So - her life : she lost a a reltionship with her father recently when she started to get older. Before that they were really, really close. This happened because she...
  • sunnyjax

Sunday update...

Just wanted to check in with everyone, you have all been hugely helpful to me and I really feel so much better.I still have my monents but I have stopped with the continual crying!Yes my heart aches and I spend time thinking about him and how our relationship was but I dont hurt as much. I still have no idea how I am going to manage but I know I will. I have the house clearance to sort out still...
  • Calla13

Post divorce dating

Hi everyone,I was with my ex husband for 8 years. We are split now 2. He's already met someone, moved in together, had a baby together and engaged. The break up was my idea and while I don't regret it I do miss the old me. He cheated and was not a very good husband. When I first met him he was really good to me and I was happy. Nowadays, I feel like there is something wrong with me. Initially...
  • Hi everyone just joined this site a few day ago,i have been going to this back and fort with my relationship.i am inlove with this gentle man very much my family dosent seems to like him not that they really like me either and this is tearing my relationship apart.the man want to stay and he doesn't because of the fact that he is afraid of my family..i dont know what to do can someone give me...