Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

2 Online
  • P4princess

What is intamacy?

I have been asking myself this. My wife who is Transitioning​ to be my husband , has started on testosterone. I expected change, but the doc said tons more sex was to come. NOPE, we don't have sex, we don't have intimacy, we don't have an emotional connection anymore, and she is only 3 months in. To me intamacy is when you can look into your partners eyes and feel your souls connect as your...
  • Jersey_of_Oz

Being intimate.

When I worked in family based, often times couples issues would trickle down into the family issues. I was told once that this negativity raining down into the other relationships and functoning in the family was called a shit storm and as this person put it to me, he would rather see a family kill their children and hurry up and get it over with than to kill them slowly by puttig them through...
  • Maiya

Emotional affairs

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with the end of an emotional affair.I really want closure but not knowing why he left is torturing me!
  • colleen2017

need some advice please

I am separated for 2 years from a 10yr abusive marriage. I have sole custody of our 7 yr old daughter.  I am involved with another man. But there are things that are bothering me that happened I'm my marriage.  Such as he's always on the Internet specifically social media and chatting on groups and helping people especially that of the opposite sex. For a bit he was helping the opposite sex...
  • 7cjl10

Coming to terms...

I had a really bad talk with my husband today and I will not be staying married to him... He moved out Feb 10th to his parents and has had little contact with our son since. He buys him toys from time to time when he has him and make a play day out of the time he has which is not fun to clean up the mess that leaves me when he returns him. I am done cleaning up the mess he leaves I have done it...
  • Goldielocks5

The class clown guy

I've suspected the "class cown" at work may have a thing for me.  He is always talking to me any chance he can get.  He has brushed up against me, or finds a way to touch me.  Example, trying to lightly hold my hand to show me something, or a light pinch on my arm in passing, trying to block me in passing.  Stuff he talks about is so stupid, but it's funny and I cant help but to laugh.  Alot...
  • IPW

I need some advice

A few years ago, I migrated to Australia with my husband. We had a very secret marriage since my partner's parents were ashamed to introduce me. I come from a very poor family. My partner's sister is an Australian citizen. She strongly opposed to our marriage. However, the marriage took place, because my partners' parents wanted my partner to come to Australia and I had the qualification to...
  • Kristine37

Long Distance Break up but he is the one

Okay so I met this guy on Halloween of last year at a party. We danced together for a few minutes and exchanged phone numbers and we were both slightly tipsy. We sent a couple of texts to each other the next day but he stopped responding, I didnt think much of it cuz I didnt know him. A few days later, I added him on snapchat and to my surprise, he added me back. So the rest of the semester goes...
  • brrriiiaaa

I need help

ive been dating this amazing guy for 3 months. I met him when I was going through a tough breakup  that was Ended for around 5 months. I can't seem to help but think I rushed this relationship. Not to mention , the doctor told me I had GAD due to the break up. He makes me so happy and I love talking to him. Nothing is wrong in this relationship but that's the only thought I've been having. Could...
  • 7cjl10

How do you???

How do you???Talk to someone about moving back home with you and our son when they think they are happier living at their parents? Show someone that they are only happy because they don't have the daily responsibility of caring for a wife and son but they just have them? Stop a divorce that you dont want once they move out?
  • deleted_user

EMOTIONAL ABUSE

NEVER GOOD ENOUGH
  • throughthickandthin

How do you know?

how do you know he's the one? I feel really close to him. I love him but how do you know he's the "one..."??how do you know if the relationship is healthy?i feel like ours is good however right now he's in jail. It's hard having him in there however some days are easier then others. Every day down is one step closer to his release. He makes me feel special. I feel like I can say or do anything...
  • MackenzieandKate

A brand new step for me

So I've been in this relationship with this amazing guy for three months already. His name is Jimmy. I'm deeply in love with him already. When he and I first met, I knew that it was love at first sight and that he and I were meant to be together. He told me after our second month anniversary that he was going to be moving to Florida next May. I was super upset because that meant that I wouldn't...
  • BrooklynnMB

he's friends with his ex

don't know exactly why but his relationship with his ex makes me uncomfortable. we've talked about it before and I always feel better after but then I come back to feeling anxious and insecure. I don't think he's cheating. I do trust him. but they still talk and it just puts a pit in my stomach. I think about her and it drives me crazy. also I confronted him when she showed up in his favorites on...
  • Trooper10

Why is hard for me to form lasting friendships

The answer to that is I do not trust but a few people. Like many of us, I have been stabbed in the back which has caused me to keep a distance between myself and others. For the most part I am ok with being by myself, but have to admit, I get lonely. I guess I need to search deep within, and figure out why I do not attract friends as easily as others. I will admit that I am bit...