Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

3 Online
3 Online
  • rosebud

Book- Getting to I Do

This book by psychologist Pat Allen talks about healthy relationships. It is good.
  • TraseAllen

Greetings

Hello, i am new to this group and i am just saying hello
  • I am a bit baffled by a few comments on here that I have read about 50 being old. "Im 50 and too tired and old....'WHAAAAT!Why all the negativity about being 50, 50 or 60 isnt old, or 70 for that matter.50 doesnt mean its game over, it means you are old and wise enough to make the most out of the rest of your life.It is scary to think we have a limited time left. BUT hell I am going to make the...
  • Brandy

Oxidize

I've been with my high school sweetheart for about 6 years now.We are having a baby girl in the fall.He is wonderful. We rarley even disagree on things.I can't understand this new feeling.It's like I don't even want to be around him.One day, things took a complete 180 for me.What is going on?
  • Hi Friends~I joined Match.com last week and I have been talking to a man, Let's call him Alan.I met him Thursday night in person and it seemed kind of ackward at first, he seemed uncomfortable, maybe nervous, didn't talk much.But eventually he seemed to loosen up and talk more, Cool!Since then he has sent me several messages saying that his is "thinking of me" and "misses me" etc....... I don't...
  • Married 31 years in September. Live in the same house and for the past 7 days we may have spoken a total of 20 words to each other. I'm always the one to give in first, but this time I feel that if I do it, he will think he won or has power over me. It all started when I was the wedding coordinator for my nephews wedding. He thought it took too much time and because he said my nephew doesn't do...
  • Today I bought this book on kindle, paid 8 something dollars. I was particularly excited about learning more about the concept of what language each partner speaks and how to exchange that love. Great. The rest of the book - and I am only half way through- I am not impressed at all. I actually disagree with the author particularly on the subject that being " in love" lasts maximum of...
  • Okay this is not your typical post. I left a 21-year destructive marriage a month ago and guess who I met? That's right me the person that got lost Twenty-One years ago. Sometimes the best relationship you can build is one with yourself so that you know what you really want out of life and you find peace and happiness without dependency. I'm over 50 now so I'm too old and tired to put up with...
  • Aronia

He has low self esteem

So, my new relationship is going pretty good, except I ve come to realize that my man has really low self esteem. He is a BIG, tough man, but on the inside he is sensitive , somewhat afraid and hurting. All of this stems , I think, from abusive father and an abusive ex wife. He makes remarks that let me know in a round about way that he is worried about me cheating on him and he has poor...
  • Pleasent greetings to all here. I have a question I would like to ask which may be some benifit ot the group. How much does chemistry matter in a relationship?I am an older male and have only had a few relationships with a few women There were times when I was younger and was a time when I was extremely young where I hada crush on a girl my age. Has anyone ever found the same feeling of...
  • Hi everyone, this new DS is a bit odd....I was just checking in to let all my friends on here, and people who have offered me valuable advice and support in my relationship with my abusive husband....I left him.I am in a safe place.I came on here initially to find a way to make our relatinship work, or at least be better.Then I came to realise he is very abusive and our relationship was so...
  • My ten year old marriage has been difficult from the start. We are both in our 50's and both have grown up children from 1st marriages. Non of whom live with us.I just dont trust my DH one bit, he is so secretive, he tells me nothing and there is no communication between us.Basically i clean, make his dinner, he comes in watches tv for the rest of the night. I go out to a class and then return...
  • Mandy81

Insecurities

hi all - I'm just out of a three year relationship a couple of months ago. My ex was not a bad person but he had a streak of insecurity about him that dogged the relationship from the start - examples of this would be checking through my phone and reading my texts because he was 'sure I lied to him about something', and at one point calling me a f****** wh***. He said his ex gf cheated on him so...
  • DeathByDegrees

Please help.

I've been with my husband for 9.5 years, married for 5.5. For the last month(ish) we've been wavering on the brink of it all ending and I don't know what to do.My husband has decided that he has fallen out of love with me. Apparently it has been going on for probably over a year and yet he hasn't said anything about it to me. He has raised a number of other issues that (in my opinion) were...
  • Brandy

Sparkless

I have been with my guy since high school. That makes 8 years now.Lately, we have been fighting more and more.I'm currently staying with some family 2.5 hours away from him.Do I want to go back?I really don't think I do.But the only thing that keeps me on the fence,is that our baby girl is due in October.Am I being selfish or will things get better?My Love for this guy, who I consider my...