Healthy Relationships Support Group

No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

0 Online
  • Sdcoct1989

Looking for advice

hello everyone I’m looking for some advice. My husband and I have been together for 11 years and my mom have never been happy about it. Back story he was married before and havev2 kids he pay child support for so my mom feel like money wise he can’t provide and take care of me because he can pay all the bills on his own. Well we live down south our rent is over 1,000 a month plus car...
  • Artchick

Dating....past experiences have ruined me

I think my past experiences have ruined me for dating. I want love and affection so bad, I keep at it I guess. Anytime I try to go out with someone new I think "does he really like me, or is he just being nice, will he text me, am I bugging him, etc?". After "my friend" saying he wanted to be more than friends and then him just keeping me around but not romantically then telling me "we tried" I...
  • Ceruru

Boyfriend relapsed on cocaine...

[we are in a long distance relationship 3 hour drive] Been together for 2 years. always been long distance. We are 20.So a month ago my boyfriend and I got into a fight, on the outside it was really petty but it seemed to raise questions (from atleast what i could get out ofhim) about being in a long distant relationship and whether or not he's "good enough" or "worthy" of me. I am currently...
  • Dan_99

Keeping things light in a relationship

I'm looking for some fun examples of how you keep things light with your partner.....fun stories, playful things that you have done when its just the two of you to keep conversations light and fun?  Or just embarrasing stories.I realized something about myself when I started dating after my divorce.....humor is highly underrated in a relationship.  I am far to serious of a person, and laughter...
  • Cora_Belle

Is it Love or Is it Infatuation?

Ann Landers answered it best.  Is It Love or Infatuation?Infatuation is instant desire-one set of glands calling to another. Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time.Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your...
  • Dan_99

I cant kiss just for fun

So I've dated this woman one time, the date was really nice but ended in alot of kissing.  Now, I am the very last person on earth that thought I'd ever say this, but I think I need to put a stop to that in our relationship until much later.I think for me, kissing is a form of love. I cant kiss her without thinking about life together......I just cant. I havent told her this yet..... I dont...
  • veggiequeen

Happy Thanksgiving

To all out there....... whatever your circumstances....whether alone...or with others counting on you (while you struggle to hang on yourself)...or with others who truly love, encourage and cherish you or those kind, dutiful children who do sacrifice part of their day to visit some very unhealthy , incapable parents or siblings to try to let them know someone does care about them (in spite of...
  • Susieq

Hurtful words

yesterday I ask my husband if we could buy a child that lives in a foster home gifts. Background of my husband he works 2 jobs and brings it home with him. He was frustrated because my friend needed it but December 2nd. I told him I told my friend it won't make it their December 2nd.  My husband asked me did you find gifts. I said I canceled it. He got so mad at yelling and then he says I will...
  • Dan_99

Relationship anxiety is not from my divorce.

I feel alot better today......for whatever reason. What I'm realizing is that my relationship anxiety has nothing to do with my divorce because I've always had it. Its been a problem for me all my life.  For a long time I've thought I just wasnt ready to date due to my hurt from the divorce....but that isnt the case.  My issues stem from a problem I have(leanred or otherwise) with relating to...
  • veggiequeen

It All Keeps Flooding Back

I think Julia Roberts summed it up well in Pretty Woman...."Why is it always so much easier to believe the bad stuff?" Over the years, I have come a long way. Through counseling, contact with others who also struggled through similar (and sometimes very different) circumstances and .....as I began to trust and open up , I would get support, encouragement and kind words from healthier people....
  • Dan_99

Major anxiety attack today over my relationship

I had my first date this weekend with her and ever since my mind has seemed intent on self-destructing.  She's amazing.All the what-if's.......the anxiety this morning is killing me.   Do I have enough money saved, will her family like me, will I implode and mess this up, can I be more confident, can I be more of a leader?   I am litterally sick to my stomach right now.Its so bad I just want...
  • Dan_99

How to keep the mindset ?

You know that mindset you have when you like someone where you love all the little quirks about her, the occasional cuss word, the things she says, way she talks and you feel like you could tolerate anything that comes your way, just so you can be with her? God that's amazing.How do you keep this alive for the long-term?  Will it go away?  What do I do to rekindle that and keep it alive? -...
  • Karmallama

No idea what I am doing

Hi, I am new to this whole thing so please be patient with me. Like everyone else, I have a history and I am hoping that I can rise above it because I am a single mom of a 7 year old. I work 2 jobs. I have no real support financially from her father or the state, and I own my own place so I have a decent financial commitment. Unfortunately, I appear to be bad at love - most likely codependent and...
  • Dan_99

Our first date

Last night was our first date.  I bought her flowers and some chocolate. It was a nice afternoon, we shared a walk around a popular park near her home for about 2 hours.  We talked mostly about family, work, and a few other things.  She is beautiful.  I was a little nervous.  Afterward we had dinner at a nice little mexican restaraunt near the park, and talked about more serious...
  • veggiequeen

How To Trust Online?

Is i even possible?I am a very curious, honest, trusting person. I have opened up to quite a few people on here. Lately though I reach out, I haven't heard from many...leaving me with silence (with the  exception of hubby who is quite good at ruining my day with negative, nit-picking and attitude)This has also given me more time to think. I am reminded of almost being scammed twice. Actually the...