Gastric Bypass Surgery Support Group

Gastric bypass (GBP) is any of a group of similar operative procedures used to treat morbid obesity, a condition which arises from severe accumulation of excess weight in the form of fatty tissue, and the health problems ("co-morbidities") which result. If you are considering gastric bypass or have had it, join the community where we share our experiences and find support.

0 Online
  • GAskirt

I sweat after almost every meal.

Am I eating too much? Am I not supposed to drink all of the premier protien shake in one sitting? They are 11oz. I have them for breakfast now. I used to drink a few a day for the first two months, with no issues.It also happened after taking a horsetail supplement for my hair (It's a plant).Also, a serving 5.3oz of yogurt does not satisfy me. Any suggestions for quick and easy protien that may...
  • Lcat4

What newbies need to know

What newbies need to know before/after surgery1. Do your own research! You are responsible for your own health! Ask questions and do lots of research!2. Be clear about why you want this surgery. If you are having the surgery to weigh a certain number on the scale, wear a certain pant size, to make your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend happy, or to fit in or to stand out, then realize now that none...
  • Mitchellsaga

Beginning new life style

I am just starting the process of contemplating gastric bypass surgery. Kind of scared and excited at the same time. Just feel I need something more than starting up another diet plan and then losing the battle again with another one. I have been at least 100 pounds overweight for about 10 years now, I'm tired, I have trouble going up and down stairs. Walking around the grocery store is tiring if...
  • GAskirt

Old behaviors over the weekend

I found myself saturday and sunday nights want to graze. I ate things compatible with my surgery but about every hour or so I felt starving. I know now that I look back on it, it was all in my head. I know I'm not hungry an hour after eating. I'm almost 5 months post op.My first step towards better eating is to make a real fresh protien shake for breakfast. I bought the clear fiber that Lcat...
  • Memere-2-4

9 weeks post op....

Still feel like a million bucks...  SIP SIP.... no more than half a mouthful at a time...Lost over 40 lbs so far... went from a size 24 to a size 16..... gave all my "new" scrub tops to good will and just picked up a few used point buying new anything right now.I never have stomach aches cause all my food is precut into baby bit size pieces. it takes me all day to finish a protein...
  • sonyas516

Just the beginning :)

Hello everyone!I just started my journey of WLS, meeting with the dietician/psych next week. I've been doing a lot of research about gastric bypass. I'm staying positive and I can't wait to change my life and become healthier and feel better. I'm 26 yo & have PCOS. I have a lot of weight to lose. My biggest fear is the actual surgery itself and complications, I just get nervous about surgery in...
  • ktsing

Anxiously Awaiting Insurance Approval...

I started my journey May 31 2016, I have completed my pysch eval, nutrition evals and support groups.  Now I BMI is 39, I do not have sleep apnea, high blood pressure or diabetes.  I have GERD very bad and they recently found a hiatel hernia when I had a scope done. I'm nervous, I've battled with my weight for years, up down...even did a hospital supervised always comes...
  • GAskirt

First Anniversary of my mom's passing

Well, coping with feelings without overeating is very different and rough. I made myself sick a couple of times over the weekend on too much of the "right" foods. AFter doing that twice, I realized that was not a good plan. My feelings keep blowing up in my face. I let little stuff turn into big stuff in the office. I'm the assisant to the president so it isn't very good for me to show my butt in...
  • GAskirt

Good to be back

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I wouldn't have gotten through the first two months without this group. I'm 19 weeks out. Down 57 lbs. Went a little crazy buying clothes either on sale or consignment, but it still adds up. Top went from 2x to large. Bottom from 22/24 to 18.Very happy with results. I need to excercise more and now that it's not 90+ degrees everyday, my walking has increased. I've...
  • Memere-2-4

Something new.... Back pain ....

I am having lots of muscle pain in my mid to lower back and it started just this past week when I went back to work....this last week i was in orieintation for 8 yrs a day...My question is how long do your muscles spasm is the very middle to the right of my spine.... HELP.... any and all info will be gratefully taken
  • Within weeks of the sleeve, I started to have back pain. It got progressively worse. I tried steroid shots, epidurals, burning nerve endings,  chiropractic, pt, aqua therapy. I lost my job. Spent 6 months nearly bedridden until I had a pain device implanted to mask the back pain. Now I'm bed ridden again with systemic inflammation. I'd rather be fat without pain and working than thinner and...
  • Need help with getting back on track.  Please help.  If anyone has any suggestion I need help bad.  I refuse to gain all my weight back, I have worked to hard to lose it.  I lost a total of 119 pounds all together.Thank you,
  • smarties1

bowel blockage due to gastric bypass

Hi, i am 6 years post gastric bypass. Had no problems at all until 3 months ago. I had a twist in my bowel which required surgery. Two weeks later the same thing happened again. I spent 6 weeks in hospital and was told i was lucky not to have a colostomey bag. Has anyone else had any problems like this.
  • Normag1

Gastric bypass and Y reroute

Hi there I'm new to this I had my gastric bypass and the Y reroute on 8/15/2016, I'm still doing thick liquids and taking my vitamins so far I have lost 25 pounds, I'm have run out of ideas on thick liquids, I started to drink water after surgery and did not have problem now I can't drink water caused it causes me to be belching alot, so I started doing no calories powerade  or Gatorade, still...
  • newsmile

Losing very little weight

Hello all, its been 3 months since my sleeve surgery. I am kinda bummed that i haven't been losing the weight as fast as i would like to. In these last two months i have only lost 10 lbs total. My dr says it is probably the coke that i drink. Any suggestions for this?