Gastric Bypass Surgery Support Group

Gastric bypass (GBP) is any of a group of similar operative procedures used to treat morbid obesity, a condition which arises from severe accumulation of excess weight in the form of fatty tissue, and the health problems ("co-morbidities") which result. If you are considering gastric bypass or have had it, join the community where we share our experiences and find support.

1 Online
  • jacksonl200

Wonderful!!!!

Its been since 11/28/16 since my gastric sleeve surgery. I weighed in at 230lbs & today I weigh 180lbs. I feel absolutely wonderful.  Once cleared with my doctor I joined the gym. I go after work at least 3-4 a week. I still take my vitamins. I try to stick to a rountine of 1 protein shake for breakfast, lunch & dinner 4-4 1/2 oz. of healthy foods, protein most important. Meaning if I have 4oz...
  • UpNorthGuy

This is all different

I'm a few years out I had surgery in 2009. I'm looking for familiar faces. Lol. Shout out to me I miss the crew.  
  • GayleB

Buyer's Remorse

I had RNY on January 18th, then a second surgery on January 24 for a stricture. Following that my drain site got infected. Needless to say coming out of the gate has been a difficult journey with multiple hospitalizations. I wake up each day with horrible regret. To the point I want a reversal. I have turned the corner in terms of healing, but I am having such a hard time accepting that I did...
  • jalysiasmommy

Received my surgery Date :)

Hi everyone!! I am so excited I received my surgery date for March 7th.  I am so excited and so nervous all at the same time.  i cannot wait to get my life back and feel good about myself again. I know that I have a lot to work on but I have such a great support team that I know that I can do it.  I am currently 240lbs and i want to get down to 140lbs.  I was there 7 years ago and i feel that...
  • Frenchyxoxo

8 weeks post op and it hurts to eat

I'm 8 weeks post RNY and it hurts to eat almost anything. I get the feeling of hunger, I try to eat but it's uncomfortable. Can I eat salad? I'm scared to try anything. Some days it's not too bad and I can get a little down and keep it in but other days like today I just can't eat anything. I can't drink a lot either.
  • Lwithano

Puree Phase

Hello everyone! Tomorrow I start my 3 weeks of pureed foods. I'm really nervous that I'm going to screw this up. Do any of you have any tips to get through this phase successfully? I hope everyone is doing well!
  • Good Afternoon,I hope this finds you well! My name is Valencia Whaley and I'm producing a 6-part Animal Planet series called, “Rescue Dog to Super Dog,” which is produced by Plimsoll Productions in Los Angeles. We’d love to tell you about our series and see if this is something that either you or folks you know may be interested to participate in.Here's a little bit about what we’re...
  • ValBrown

Many years post op

I had gastric bypass surgery way back in 2001 not for weight loss but because my stomach had paralysed and all medical treatments to help the situation had failed. I had a very forward looking surgeon who explained that if he removed my stomach and then created a small pouch out of my small intestine, I should eventually be able to eat enough to maintain my weight and have a better quality of...
  • Lwithano

Indigestion

I accidentally ate some refried beans with jalapeño in them. As soon as I swallowed it burned and has burned at every meal since! I'm afraid to take anything...any suggestions? 
  • Wolfman

I'm a Newb...

I am new to the boards (signed up about 45 minutes ago). I'm pre-op and have my first appointment with my surgeon in 10 days. I've been doing A LOT of research on Gastric Bypass, from the pros & cons, the psychological aspects (before & after surgery), changing bad eating habits, lifestyle changes, to nutritional info (pre & post) and have also been reading a lot of people's testimonies as well,...
  • Gemmacr

Taking the big step to choosing surgery

Hi all I'm GemmaThis is my first time here and to any type of forum chat. I have a appointment Monday for a consultation about surgery I have done lots of research and unsure if sleeve or bypass is best option and will able to find out more Monday. I have struggled with my weight for years now and it's time for me to face facts I need help and support. Alot people seem to be in America I'm from...
  • Normag1

Gastric bypass and Y reroute

Hi there I'm new to this I had my gastric bypass and the Y reroute on 8/15/2016, I'm still doing thick liquids and taking my vitamins so far I have lost 25 pounds, I'm have run out of ideas on thick liquids, I started to drink water after surgery and did not have problem now I can't drink water caused it causes me to be belching alot, so I started doing no calories powerade  or Gatorade, still...
  • nieka

Excited and waiting for my surgery

Hi I'm new to the group and have been referred for gastric bypass. I'm waiting for my first visit, as most of you know there is a waiting list.  I'm excited as I have struggled with my weight all my life I'm so tired of continually trying and not being able to loose or keep it off if I do. I just want to be able to loose weight and keep it off. Any Thoughts, advice or suggestions?
  • Ryssa

New at this

Hi everyone I recently had my sleeve done December 9th 2016. I'm 5ft even 22 years old. My SW was 222 lbs and CW is 198 this coming up Monday I go to my doctor for my 6 wk post op. I've recently started working out with my trainer twice a week. My food hasn't been doing so well my portions are relatively small but I'm struggling getting all my meals in and eating more cleaner. I dont know if I'm...
  • ninaharris

pre op diet tips

hi I'm new here im on pre op diet and im dying with VLED no carbsss ? no meat , no fruit , no salt , no suger just shakes and vegiess just wondering if anyone have any recipes or tip that can help me thank you