Gastric Bypass Surgery Support Group

Gastric bypass (GBP) is any of a group of similar operative procedures used to treat morbid obesity, a condition which arises from severe accumulation of excess weight in the form of fatty tissue, and the health problems ("co-morbidities") which result. If you are considering gastric bypass or have had it, join the community where we share our experiences and find support.

0 Online
  • Today is my 5 month anninversary from my sleeve surgery. As I had mentioned before, its been going well. Not how I would like it, but yes I am losing wait. I have 22lbs less on me which I am very glad about, but I do wish I was losing more weight. I know this is a tool which I need to learn to use much better. I am taking advantage that I am still in my first year and yes, they say that no matter...
  • I had Gastric Sleeve surgery about 9 weeks ago, and I am still struggling to eat more than 3 or 4 bites of anything.  Liquids make me feel nauseaus.  I have no energy from the lack of nutrition.  I am waiting to get in for a barium swallow test, so they can figure out the problem. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and what if anything was done for it?
  • This perfectly describes our hunger! https://www.facebook.com/IPEfanpage/videos/10155533074024689/
  • Dommy91

Everything's changed

hi, I recently went through a break up over the Thanksgiving weekend. I was engaged with my partner of four years. I'm not going to go into the past of my personal life but I've had a rough life. I went through gastric bypass surgery in March of this year and I have lost almost 175 pounds. I've also got my mental health together and I'm looking for gastric bypass support groups in the Naperville...
  • I love her recipes!http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/11/pie-inspired-protein-shakes.html?m=1
  • tray

Question

Hello, im new to this site I had Gastric bypass oct 12 2016, I've been doing well up until now. I started at 300 day of surgery 280 I'm currently at 243. My eating habits are great I follow the guidelines and physicians orders however, for the past few days I want nothing to do with food.The smell of it turns my stomach and meat forget it. I know everyone varies,but any input is greatly welcomed...
  • skinnygirl

New life soon

Sleeve surgery on December 6th,2016. Excited and nervous but so ready to begin this journey!!! I'm 61 and for me life has just begun. I know it won't be easy but nothing in life that is worth it is easy...we must fight for what is best for us and I am. So wish me luck and offer encouragement....please no negativity...I just don't need that!! Hugs to all of you out there awaiting your good news!!
  • Hi, I was here a lot last year after I had my bypass last May, but over time I got accustomed to my new life and stopped coming to this site. Well, I'm back. Mainly because I have a problem that I don't know who else to ask. Here's the situation: I lost almost 100 pounds and I'm doing great!!! I love my new life and my new body and I am not having any problems whatsoever following the new...
  • Hi all I have just joined , and wanted some advice or help. I had a gastric bypass in April 2016, and have been on track in terms of meeting goals and all.One thing which is really worrying me is that my hunger is back, I feel hungry all the time and I have started to overeat I am not following the guidelines as to portion control and how much I should be eating.I have been loosing weight ar...
  • Memere-2-4

3 months 9 days post op..check in :)

Hi everyone, I have been so busy with work, I haven't had time to check in lately.... still alive and losing.......270-216 DAM still cant get over this, still feel like a million... with one exception  at my 3 month check up I told the surgeon I have been craving mlk 24/7 she said "it is ok now you are able to eat anything you want now" so I went out and picked up a 250ml (1 cup) container of 1%...
  • Lcat4

Post op liquid phase

Here is a good link for post op liquid phase ideashttp://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2016/05/liquid-phase-for-post-weight-loss.html?m=1
  • i contracted CDIFF a infection in my intestines and have not been able to function or have a appetite at all. I make myself eat and drink the shakes. I get really nauseated at least 3 times a day. Anyone else get this and if so, how did you get back on your feet again? 
  • Nai29

Long time no see

Hello all, I haven't been on this site for a few years. I lost my desired weight and was living life and so happy. I got pregnant to a man I barely knew and after found out that he was being accused of a horrible crime that he was adamant he didn't commit. He was convicted with no evidence and was sent to jail. Pregnant and depressed I stood by his side and went to visit him and paid for his...
  • jalysiasmommy

New to support groups

Hi All,So I am new to this support group and I am new to gastric bypass.  I am almost done and ready to have my surgery and I am both super excited and super nervous.  I am ready for a change in my life and ready to get my life back to where it was before my weight got so out of control.  Any tips or advise anyone can pass on to me?  I am still in the shy phase of not wanting to tell a lot of...
  • ktsing

Anxiously Awaiting Insurance Approval...

I started my journey May 31 2016, I have completed my pysch eval, nutrition evals and support groups.  Now I wait...my BMI is 39, I do not have sleep apnea, high blood pressure or diabetes.  I have GERD very bad and they recently found a hiatel hernia when I had a scope done. I'm nervous, I've battled with my weight for years, up down...even did a hospital supervised diet...it always comes...