Diabetes Type 1 Support Group

Childhood","Childhood diabetes is when the pancreas in a child does not produce enough insulin on its own. In order to survive, insulin injections need to be incorporated as well as diet regulation. If your child is diagnosed with diabetes, find support and share your experiences here. Caring for a child with diabetes is challenging. We're here for you."

0 Online
  • Kjrmc

my 24 yr old w/type 1

Hi,My son has had T1 since he was 11. He is 24 now. He has not taken care of it since he's been around 17 and I no longer managed it. His A1c is usually around 11%. He doesn't even have an endo now. I've tried everything to get him to pay attention to it. I guess I'm just venting but it is so sad to me that he will most likely have major health issues in his 40's. His thoughts are that he is not...
  • lovemysoncory

anyone over 50 ?

Hello my name is Michelle. I have a 14year old son that has had t1 diebates for almost 4 years now . I thought he was mentally ok with dealing with it until today. Today he told me it isn't fair and he shouldn't have to deal with this and why did it matter about checking and correcting his sugar because he wouldn't live to see 50 .  It breaks my heart to know that he feels this way. So my...
  • juliemorrisonsternbe

High blood sugar and ketones

Ok to I'm on a pump and the catheter came out when I was sleeping.  Now I have high blood sugar (333) and large ketones. I'm not feeling sick so I'm not heading to the ER unless I start vomiting or have abdominal pain. Obviously it has come on because I wasn't getting any insulin from my pump. I am getting a cold also.I've had this disease for 42 year and I'm 47. I haven't had ketones in years...
  • hendrica

Worried About My Daughter

Hi! I'm a new user, and I see that this group may not be especially active lately, but I'll give it a shot. I am worried about my 24-year-old daughter. She was diagnosed with Type 1 when she was 8, and as you all know, it's been hard - especially for her. She is now living far away, but she visited for about two months recently. While she was here, I began to suspect (with good reason) an eating...
  • babygirl

Dealing with High Blood sugar

I'm new to  this site I'm 28 years old  and  my dr strated me on two different insulin pens  for my  blood sugar my blood  sugar is still running high its a every day battle with it  I  dont know much about blood sugar  so I'm having to learn as I go so  any  helpfully information would be good
  • staceytrent

Newbie and need some advise

I'm was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on the 01/12/16 ny hb1 was at 96 when I found out, I have been on insulin but a few months ago started get tingling, pain and cramp in my feet and it got worst at night. Now I have pain in my right knee and hip and start get tingling in my right hand, arm and elbow. I find it very diff to sleep at night as every time I lay on my right side the pain is...
  • Actor99

High Blood Sugars

Please pray that my blood suagrs return to normal.
  • Actor99

Diabetes stressing me out.

I'm hurting. I do not want to be alive anymore.
  • dallascowboys13

STUPID HIGH BLOOD SUGARS

Im so sick of having high blood sugars two nights in a row. I feel awful and just tired. I absolutly hate diabetes. 18 years with this disease and i hate it every day.
  • MN2AZ

Frustrated with Diabetes

I have been diagnosed with T1D since Dec 2015 - So it’s been about 15 months now and I am more lost in anger and depression than ever. People who are not in the trenches of diabetes do not understand - they simply don't. Words cannot explain the frustration. Not understanding how "you need to eat health and take care of yourself" doesn't really feel like love when you hear it from everyone who...
  • Love23101

Need help!!!

For the past month, I've been randomly getting very low BS (blood sugar)... Today, I ate Cherrios and later, a peanut butter sandwich... I took my BS and it was 127... then 3 hours later, it was 67. yesterday, I ate a yogurt and then for lunch, grilled chicken and rice. Three hours after I ate, it was at 55. Please! I need help!! I'm obviously going to talk to my doctor about it, but I'd love...
  • PeachesLove89

Struggling with Type 1 Diabetes for 16 years.

Hello Everyone,I have been diabetic for 16 years which I was diagnosed when I was 12 years old. I am now 28 years old and it never gets any easier for me especially with weight loss. It is almost like I have to starve in order to lose weight, yet the doctors are always talking about it. In the same breath they tell me that weight loss will be a struggle because insulin makes it hard to lose...
  • mimi11

Anxiety

Someone I know had an anxiety atack on the bus today and I helped calm her down. It always feels good to help someone in need.
  • mimi11

Snack time

I'm craving something sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions of a zero carb snack??????
  • mimi11

Struggles

I'm having a really hard time with going back to school and getting used to the new routine so if I could have some extra support that would be great.    Thanks.