Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online
  • legolady5

New DVT and anxious.....

Hi - I'm new to the group.  I was just diagnosed with an unprovoked nononclusive DVT in my popliteal vein.  I've been taking Xarelto for one week now.  I've met with a hematoligist who has yet to determine why this happened.  I've very active and healthy.... this summer I ran a marathon, biked 100 miles, and hiked 100 miles (not all at once lol ) .  I do have some varicose veins that have...
  • Hi everybody, it has been very helpful to know about this site and read lots of your posts. My name is Fernando and I feel a bit depressed and with a lot of anxiety about what to expect in the future. I was diagnosed DVT 6 weeks ago after 5 weeks with strong pain in my calf and behind my right knee. I am 37, have no overweight and do lot of exercise and sports. I don´t smoke and eat properly,...
  • kennchrisl777

DVT Dormancy?

I am 49 years old and was recently diagnosed with DVT/PE.  Blood tests showed that there is no genetic cause, I have experienced no recent trauma, nor have I ever had any major surgery; however, I did experience 2 serious calf muscle tears 9 and 11 years ago in the same leg as the DVT was recently discovered in.  Both times the tears caused extreme swelling and brusing in the calf.  Is it...
  • LissaB

DVT caused by Scleratherapy

I have a DVT in 2 of the deep veins, both in the Posterior Tibial veins. And the 2 deep veins on the outside of my calf are now leaking. I was a Zumba instructor before this happened. I am almost 4 months out and I still get pain when I try to dance. Can you tell me if this pain will go away and my leg will someday feel normal again?Also, wondering if I will ever be able to wear 2 inch heels...
  • mrsbigleg

Useful item?

I just came across an item that may be useful for some of you that have desk jobs. I looked around on the rules here and couldn't find out if I can post a link or not, but if you google "portable foot hammock" you can find it. I'm always trying ways to get comfortable sitting in restaurants and church with my DVT leg, and this looks like it would help for desks or air travel. 
  • LissaB

DVT caused by Scleratherapy

I have posted on this cite before. But I wanted to comment because I know how hard/a roller coaster of emotions this has been for me. I am 40 years old and I was in excellent health, exercised all the time and ate super healthy..I was a Zumba instructor and I guess I still am. However, I certainly am not able to dance as I once did yet. However, I have started to notice it is getting easier to...
  • ScottytheAussie

New DVT & PE age 32

hi guysit was suggested that I join this group to help with my recent news of a large dvt in my leg and a PE in my lung. I don't really know much about what I have and am wondering if it's going to change my life or I'll be back to normal soon? I'm injecting 2 times daily, and have just started being able to walk.thanks Scotty 
  • Lindy500

Exercise on Blood Thinners

Anyone have increased heart rate (more than the usual) while exercising on blood thinners? I hadn't worked out in four weeks due to a fractured ankle, but I recently started again and I noticed my heart rate was very high. It's been ages since I stopped working out for more than three days, so I'm not sure if this is due to the blood thinner or the fact that I am no longer in the shape that I was...
  • Lindy500

DVT after ankle fracture

Hello all. I am 39 and was in really great shape. I exercised all the time. I got an ankle fracture in a mountain biking accident. Three days later, I started to feel pain in my calf which turned out to be a DVT. Now I'm on Eliquis. My hair has thinned (it already had thinned because of quitting Cymbalta 9 months ago then quitting birth control pills). I feel so ugly and haven't been able to work...
  • powerathlete

Worried about a reccurence

So I had a provoked DVT from knee surgery 2 years ago. This past May my calf was hurting again so I had an ultrasound on it and it was good. Then a month ago I was having some chest pain while breathing and went to the hospital and had a d-dimer test which came up with no evidence of clotting. Last Friday my other calf had been in pain for about a week so I went and had an ultrasound on it and it...
  • hollou1

Subclavian vein thrombosis - scared

I'm 21 and before being diagnosed with a DVT I was pretty healthy. I exercised regularly, had a reasonable diet and didn't smoke.So this all seems a bit unfair. I was diagnosed earlier this month and have had a number of blood tests done (I am still waiting for the results of some).I have been told that i have elevated levels of factor viii and an antithrombin deficiency.Also, i have thoracic...
  • LissaB

DVT's in Posterior Tibials

Hi, I posted earlier about having 2 blood clots in my left calf (both in the Posterior Tibials) the length of my entire calf due to Scleratherapy complication. I am a little over 2 months out and I have been on Xeralto for a little over a month. Has anyone else had issue with the effected leg getting tight and then subsiding a little once the ankle pops? I have noticed it is doing that a lot. I...
  • lupaola

DVT and pregnancy

Hi, I am 32 years old... My mom has dvt and died from trombosis last year.  This year I got pregnant and at the 7th weeks I had a pain in My left calf.  I thought it was a muscle pain But when I got the dopler doctora said I had a parcial dvt.  After receiving irregular medicación with enoxaparine and as I couldn't receive warfarine, after a week the cloth was on My tight and alzó the...
  • mamabookworm

New

Hello everyone! I'm 33 years old, mom of 3. I have been having  reoccurring superficial clots in my calf for the past year. A week ago I was diagnosed with multiple DVTs in my left calf and knee, one of them extends above my knee. This time it started as a constant charlie horse in my calf, which graduated up to my knee. I'm on apixaban (4th time). I will be having the blood tests done,  for...
  • hattie886

DVT aggravated by a fall?

I'm back with a question after no issues for a few years. History: I had a DVT in my R leg, ankle to pelvis, after brain surgery in 2009. I was on coumadin for a few months and now use a support stocking every day.last week I fell on a rocky beach and really banged my R knee - lots of bruising and pain. Now my calf feels painful, although no redness, heat or swelling. I've had two false alarms...