Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online
  • CRPSandDVT

DVT/PTS - Neovalve or Transposition Vascular Surge

Hey all,Looking to see if anyone in the US knows of any vascular surgeons practicing femoral vein transposition and or are familiar with the Maleti neovalve construction technique?I have one fully occluded femoral vein and one patent one - but I have no valve competence basically from mid-thigh down.  Peroneal, posterior tibial, popliteal veins are patent but thrombus just destroyed my...
  • Bear86

Hello

Hi everyone! Okay i have joined this group on behalf of my mum, she has had DVT for 30+ years now and is at the age where she is going through the menopause and because of the medication she takes she cannot have anything and she is really struggling to sleep at night and her moods are terrible. I just wondered if any one else has gone through this or is going through this and what advice you...
  • LissaB

DVT caused by Scleratherapy

I have posted on this cite before. But I wanted to comment because I know how hard/a roller coaster of emotions this has been for me. I am 40 years old and I was in excellent health, exercised all the time and ate super healthy..I was a Zumba instructor and I guess I still am. However, I certainly am not able to dance as I once did yet. However, I have started to notice it is getting easier to...
  • I have been lurking around the forum for a couple of weeks and just wanted to reach out and say hello.  I am currently in treatment of a large DVT - femoral vein from groin to knee as a complication of ultrasound-guided schlerotherapy. I wasn't new to sclerotherapy, as these were follow-up injections to close down remaining superficial veins after a succesful EVLT procedure a few years ago....
  • Daze

warfarin

So today I took Abit of a head butt from my dog. His head my upper lip and teeth.I know about bumped head while on thinners and how it can be dangerous just wondered if it was the same for lower face injuries. 
  • xLydiaMayx

New to DVT - Apixaban

Hello, i am a 25 year old female diagnosed with DVT yesterday after a blood test and ultrasound. I have clots in my smaller veins and in a deep one in my right calf, going from my ankle to my knee. Advised likely to be caused by pneumonia which i am trying to recover from, being on the contraceptive pill, and a 7 hour car journey x2 over the weekend. I have been given Apixaban to take for 6...
  • worrier76

Always worrying

I am new to this group. I was diagnosed with DVT and PE at the end of December. I've been on Coumadin ever since. Two days ago I began to feel pain where my clot behind my knee was. I of course went into a panic. I've had severe panic attacks since being diagnosed. Which from others post I see is normal. Anyway my question is can there be residual pain after the clot is gone or should I be...
  • worrier76

Pain and Swelling

How many of experience pain and swelling at your blood clot site after being on blood thinners for a awhile. I just want to know if it's normal to feel pain there. I didn't have pain for the first three months and then it started hurting again. Not a lot of pain just kind of an annoying pain. I wonder if it's related to my lower back problems possibly. 
  • Potstickers

DVT 19 Year Old Male

So I was diagnosed with a DVT this year, early january. Honestly, it was one of the most scary things in my life. Fortunately it was small and located in my left peroneal vein in my left leg. I mean it was small enough to release me the same day from the ER when I was diagnosed. I just took Eliquis 20mg total and then 10mg for 3 months and now I'm on 2.5mg for up to a year. The DVT was unprovoked...
  • Miz930

Occluded Popliteal Vein

Hi all, I was diagnosed with a DVT that was from my ankle to my knee. It is considered a provoked DVT from a fracture and birth control pills. I have been on Xarelto for just over two months. All of my doctors felt confident I would make a full recovery with no complications because I am young and active. I recently went to the vascular surgeon where they told my popliteal vein was occuluded. The...
  • LissaB

Compression stockings

This is in conjunction with a question I had posted not to long ago. I am wondering if anyone on here wears knee high compression stockings everyday? My clots are in my left calf, so I technically only have to wear knee high compression stockings. But my vascular surgeon said, people that wear them all the time end up with DVT's behind their knee. So I am paranoid to wear them very much. I am...
  • deleted_user

Warfarin may cause calcium buildup in the arteries

A friend of mine told me they read recently where coumadin\warfarin has been proven to hasten heart disease by building up calcium in the arteries. she said that Vitamin K-2 was a needed nutrient that prevents this and people on warfarin lack this and therefor that's why they have the build up. Anyone know if there's any truth to this?
  • LissaB

Exercise question

I have posted previously and mine is probably easy to remember as I am an odd case where my DVT's are from Scleratherapy treatment accidentally getting into my deep system about 8 months ago. My DVT's are in both Posterior Tibial veins in my left calf. I am wondering if anyone else with similar clots are able to exercise w/out pain such as dance, jog, etc? Or if there is anyone who has Chronic...
  • pickleshealth

Not sure if I have DTV

Went to the doctors office and after struggling to find out what is going on with my left leg, and my time at the hospital for 3 days; the dr. said that my leg has celluitus and wrapped up my leg and in a few weeks will be wearing a compression sock then start treating my other right leg as it is showing early signs of problems. He never said I had "Clots" nor did he perscribe medicine or blood...
  • RaquelS

Went for check up

I was referred to a heart/vascular dr on Tuesday. He is going to do an ultra sound on my leg to check on the status on the blood clot (dvt), my leg is extremely swollen and he said that he might do a procedure to break and take the clot out of my leg. Has anyone ever experienced this??Raquel