Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Hi, I posted earlier about having 2 blood clots in my left calf (both in the Posterior Tibials) the length of my entire calf due to Scleratherapy complication. I am a little over 2 months out and I have been on Xeralto for a little over a month. Has anyone else had issue with the effected leg getting tight and then subsiding a little once the ankle pops? I have noticed it is doing that a lot. I...
  • Hi everybody, it has been very helpful to know about this site and read lots of your posts. My name is Fernando and I feel a bit depressed and with a lot of anxiety about what to expect in the future. I was diagnosed DVT 6 weeks ago after 5 weeks with strong pain in my calf and behind my right knee. I am 37, have no overweight and do lot of exercise and sports. I don´t smoke and eat...
  • lupaola

DVT and pregnancy

Hi, I am 32 years old... My mom has dvt and died from trombosis last year. This year I got pregnant and at the 7th weeks I had a pain in My left calf. I thought it was a muscle pain But when I got the dopler doctora said I had a parcial dvt. After receiving irregular medicación with enoxaparine and as I couldn't receive warfarine, after a week the cloth was on My tight and alzó...
  • mamabookworm

New

Hello everyone! I'm 33 years old, mom of 3. I have been having reoccurring superficial clots in my calf for the past year. A week ago I was diagnosed with multiple DVTs in my left calf and knee, one of them extends above my knee. This time it started as a constant charlie horse in my calf, which graduated up to my knee. I'm on apixaban (4th time). I will be having the blood tests done, for the...
  • hattie886

DVT aggravated by a fall?

I'm back with a question after no issues for a few years. History: I had a DVT in my R leg, ankle to pelvis, after brain surgery in 2009. I was on coumadin for a few months and now use a support stocking every day.last week I fell on a rocky beach and really banged my R knee - lots of bruising and pain. Now my calf feels painful, although no redness, heat or swelling. I've had two false alarms...
  • LissaB

Compression Stockings

I have 2 deep veins in my left calf with clot in them from Scleratherapy. Basically the clots are the length of my entire calf. Although I am now being treated with Xarelto. Because of my first doc, I didn't start it until 6 weeks after the clot was formed. The doc who did this seemed to think at 6 weeks old they are already chronic clots. hat do you think? I am hoping there is still a chance it...
  • I'm out. The change to this site is not user friendly at all, not easy to navigate and the regulars have already left. I have patience so I waited it out a bit longer than most. It doesn't seem the people in charge care much about the complaints at all. I have complained thru the dailystrength facebook page and even though they answer back nothing has changed. I know several others have done this...
  • mrsbigleg

How is everyone doing?

It seems kind of quiet around here since the new site emerged. I've got two years in now (July) since my second clotting event- 2 DVT's left leg after long car trip. I'm not sure if I'm better or I'm just getting used to it. It definitely does take a mental adjustment to it all. I will forever be grateful for being able to read others experiences on this site. When I had the PE 23 years ago,...
  • LissaB

Xeralto questions

I posted earlier with supplement questions. Well, I just saw another Vascular surgeon on Friday and she insisted I go on Xeralto. Turns out that the doctor that did my Scleratherapy and caused this mess (multiple DVT's in calf not one) wasn't be completely upfront about everything. Anyway, so I have on been on Xeralto for 2 and a half days and she also has me taking a baby aspirin with it...
  • fitnessaddict

First DVT and scared

Hi everyone,I was diagnosed with a DVT in my right calf two days ago and have been having a very hard time with it. The doctors said it's very small and in a place that is not likely to dislodge but aren't really sure what could've caused it. I'm a 27 year old female, non smoker, very active (6-7 days a week). I have been on the same birth control for 5 years so it seems very strange that I would...
  • Was diagnosed about a month ago with a 2nd DVT in my axillary vein (right upper arm), just a year after being diagnosed with my 1st DVT.I haven't been on the site in a few months and see it's changed! I would've updated my old thread but I'm not sure if I'll find it...For a quick rundown, I'm a 27 year old woman. My clots come from a genetic disorder called hyperhomocysteinemia. My 1st DVT was...
  • LissaB

Supplements to naturally dissolve DVT..

Hi, I am relatively new to this forum. I am only a month into my DVT in my left calf that was caused by the medical procedure Scleratherapy. I have started to notice slight pressure/swelling in my ankle and it seems like the pain has gotten worse at times not better. Especially, at the end of the day when I am in bed elevating my leg. Also, my veins are deep purple when I let the blood flow back...
  • LissaB

Supplements

Also, does anyone take of have experience with Horse Chestnut? I think that is what it's called.
  • Hey folks I just wanted to reach out and find out what some of the sports you play or participate in on blood thinners? I am a 33 year old male that has been on Xarelto for the past two years due to a chronic DVT behind my right knee. So far it has not slowed me down too much and I continue to participate in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It was a little hard to adjust to the idea of no more football,...
  • LissaB

DVT in calf..

I have a DVT in my left calf about half the length of my calf. It was caused by a medical procedure called Scleratherapy. I have only had it a month and I am wondering if anyone else out there has had a calf DVT. Mine is considered a chronic clot because it didn't dissolve. If anyone can share their experience. How the Dr treated your clot, what kind of damage/veins it caused? I have pain...