Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online
  • Bless

Dvt/Pe

Bless 09/09/2017  Hello everyone I'm 33 years old anyway on August12 of this year I had this pain in my leg that felt like a charley horse smh my husband try to rub it out it stop for awhile but then it started backup again anyway so August the 16 I decided to go to the emergency room cause I start limping I gets there explain what's wrong they did the d-diimer test it was high 1600 so they...
  • DVTEDseattle

Compression socks

After doing some research and reading posts here, I decided to experiment with C. Socks for my DVT. I talked to the Allopathic docs and they said that in one recent study they proved to be ineffective and therefore would not be recommended. When I reviewed the study and about six others it is clear that the studies are not double blind and inconclusive. So I purchased some and it has made a...
  • NATFonline

In person support groups?

Has anyone been able to find in person support groups for DVT/PE patients in their area?
  • Raquella

Upper limb dvt reoccurring

I'm new to this site and hoping I might get some advice...I am a 38 year old female and I was diagnosed with a dvt in my subclavian vein about 3 months ago. This was caused by Thorasic Outlet Syndrome. I had thrombolis surgery and although they cleared the vein, it reclotted within 24hrs. It seems like there aren't many optons now, apart from to wait and see whether the clot starts to go of its...
  • NATFonline

Online Support Group Webinar TONIGHT

Hello all,My name is Kelly and I am posting on behalf of the North American Thrombosis Forum (NATF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to the awareness and education of blood clots for patients and physicians. Our organization hosts both in-person and online support groups for patients, physicians, family members, and caretakers of blood clot victims.Our online support group forum offers a...
  • tinyboson

PE following DVT - my experience and few questions

Hello Everyone! Firstly, I sympathize with anyone who is going through this scary experience.I had a skiing accident a month a ago, ripping ligaments in my left knee and elbow. Bad enough, huh! Then when being immobile I have started to have an awful sharp pain in my side on breathing in. I was sure it was some kind of neuralgia, but when I started to feel like fainting (never happens to me) my...
  • Sjo

Tips for long-haul travel after a DVT

Hi! I was wondering if you had any tips for long-haul travel after a DVT. Most articles online I've found are for people who haven't had DVTs and, as someone who's paranoid about blood clots now, I'd rather hear from other people who've experienced it. Any tips/traveling stories are welcome! Do you think if I'm traveling in business class (with a seat that reclines 180 degrees so you're lying...
  • Italfood

Ijvt

I had a blood clot in the large jugular 10 years ago. Is there anyone out there who has had one in the neck also? The blood circulation is poor and my hands have very pronounced veins that hurt. When I bend over to put shoes on my head gets heavy and I can't see. 
  • Hi All,Check out the PE site too. Good info on there as well. Here is a blog that explains the causes and long term effects and things to do to prevent or lessen the chances of Post Thrombotic Syndrome.  http://patientblog.clotconnect.org/2011/07/21/dvt-long-term-damage-post-thrombotic-syndrome/ 
  • kimmie107

Pulmonary Embolism

Hi!New to group, and grateful there is a group!I was diagnosed with pulmonary embolism in mid August, 2017.Gotta say, I was/am scared.  Hospitalized for 2 days, did the Lovenox along with Coumadin til I hit 2.3 pro time.   Still trying to get me to the correct dose of Coumadin. Docs have no idea what caused the clots in my lung.. they are small.  I have never been sick so this is just...
  • laurenhill67

PLEASE HELP ME

Hi guys, please I need some help and some tips as I am extremely depressed and constantly worried about this, I'm 20 years old and currently 32 weeks pregnant and a little over a month ago I felt a little twinge in my right inner calf, I brushed it off and the pain stopped, but then two days later it started again, so I decided to go to the ER, they did a d dimer test which came back elevated (I...
  • tubbs81

ACCESS PTS & Garcia

1) Has anyone participated in the access pts study? Any complications (bleeding etc)? How unpleasant was the experience?2)It seems the PI, Dr. garcia, who I see mentioned here a lot, is no longer at Christiana, and I can't seem to find any stories about where he is or what happened. Any idea?
  • SAVAGE-BLOOD

First Time Blood Clot, Terrible Doctor, Scared...

About six months ago I ended up in the hospital for an unrelated issue, got a PICC line in and after four weeks or so, the PICC Line created a "provoked" blood clot. It was scary at first, but my medication seemed to work very well and after three months I almost had my life back. My clot was pretty extensive and chronic to begin with, and ran from my elbow all the way up into my should/chest...
  • grummantbm

DVT and shortness of breath/chest pain

Hi guys, new to the forum, unfortunately not new to DVT's. Getting over a nasty one. Didn't make it to my lungs but did obstruct the entire Inferior Vena Cava as well as some of the major veins of the left leg. Eleven days in hospital with catheter surgery, two stints, the whole nine yards.Biggest problem I have been having has been shortness of breath and chest pain. Had a relatively normal...
  • thesystemforce

Recurring DVT, Challenges, and Side Effects

I had my first clot in 2007, at the ripe-ol' age of 24. Wasn't obese. Wasn't sedintary. Wasn't injured. My uncle is predisposed to clots genetically, but I don't have the same condition. For both myself and the doctors, it came entirely out of left field. And because of this, it was initially misdiagnosed. By the time a competent doc figured out what was going on, my left leg was huge, the area...