Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online
  • tondalea

DVT and Lower Body Weight Lifting

Hi,I didnt see anything recent on this and no one seems to know the answer. Prior to my DVT and PE on 5/10, I was lifting weights a 3-4 times a week. This included, deadlifts, squats, lunges.  I actually lifted the morning before being admitted to the hospital. The doctor has always said to resume normal activities which for me includes weight training. I actually felt awful about 2 weeks after...
  • TrevS

Pain in calf and foot

Hi all, I am a new member writing in the hope that someone has some good advice.I am a late 50`s male who suffered an unproked DVT in May of 2013 and while the DVT has cleared and I am no longer on blood thinners, I do suffer from really bad pain in my calf (where 3 arteries were blocked) and foot, especially at work when I am sitting at my desk. Does anyone suffer from the same thing and have...
  • debden

Advice

hi guys I'm on here as I'm needing advice from people who know. I've had an ache in my left calf for two days, today it's moved to behind my knee and I'm worried it's a clot. I'm only 23!  It's not swollen just a constant ache , no redness or anything. Could it be dvt or am I overreacting? The pain isn't severe and doesn't really affect my walking 
  • moolar

Almost 5yrs post DVT/PE!

I’m a very healthy individual who rarely even gets a cold, but had a behind the knee DVT & subsequent bi-lateral PE in September 2012 which due to the circumstances almost killed me.  Was on warfarin for 10 months, then did all the testing that showed I was clear, & no reason as to why I clotted.  It was just the perfect storm. I found that while there is plenty of information on the illness...
  • kat120

Compression stockings

hi everyone, I recently was diagnosed with saddle pulmonary embolism and dvt behind my left knee and a smaller one a bit lower in my left calf. Since diagnosis I have read everywhere how these stockings benefit and prevent pts. Every where I read it says to get measured but when I inquire about measuring at a pharmacy or medical supply stores they look at me like I have 3 heads and say just...
  • deleted_user

dull pain

Do any of you experience a dull pain post DVT or am i just being overly paranoid? I dont see any swelling, the skin is not hot to the touch, it just slightly aches a little bit from time to time.*hugs*corey
  • deleted_user

Drinking water - how much is enough?

I know that people who have had DVTs and who are on Coumadin/Wafarin are supposed to drink lots of water. My question is...how much is enough? How much is too much? How much do you all drink a day?
  • Alexn20

Wondering about some dvt advice

Hi, new to this site. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how much time off work I should take with a dvt behind my knee. I've been off a week. And today was the first day I've felt good enough to leave my house for a short walk. Ive had dvt and pe previously,  but I was in uni and it was between terms.  so I'm not sure what the deal is with work. My job consists of 10 hours on...
  • CRPSandDVT

DVT/PTS - Neovalve or Transposition Vascular Surge

Hey all,Looking to see if anyone in the US knows of any vascular surgeons practicing femoral vein transposition and or are familiar with the Maleti neovalve construction technique?I have one fully occluded femoral vein and one patent one - but I have no valve competence basically from mid-thigh down.  Peroneal, posterior tibial, popliteal veins are patent but thrombus just destroyed my...
  • Bear86

Hello

Hi everyone! Okay i have joined this group on behalf of my mum, she has had DVT for 30+ years now and is at the age where she is going through the menopause and because of the medication she takes she cannot have anything and she is really struggling to sleep at night and her moods are terrible. I just wondered if any one else has gone through this or is going through this and what advice you...
  • LissaB

DVT caused by Scleratherapy

I have posted on this cite before. But I wanted to comment because I know how hard/a roller coaster of emotions this has been for me. I am 40 years old and I was in excellent health, exercised all the time and ate super healthy..I was a Zumba instructor and I guess I still am. However, I certainly am not able to dance as I once did yet. However, I have started to notice it is getting easier to...
  • I have been lurking around the forum for a couple of weeks and just wanted to reach out and say hello.  I am currently in treatment of a large DVT - femoral vein from groin to knee as a complication of ultrasound-guided schlerotherapy. I wasn't new to sclerotherapy, as these were follow-up injections to close down remaining superficial veins after a succesful EVLT procedure a few years ago....
  • Daze

warfarin

So today I took Abit of a head butt from my dog. His head my upper lip and teeth.I know about bumped head while on thinners and how it can be dangerous just wondered if it was the same for lower face injuries. 
  • xLydiaMayx

New to DVT - Apixaban

Hello, i am a 25 year old female diagnosed with DVT yesterday after a blood test and ultrasound. I have clots in my smaller veins and in a deep one in my right calf, going from my ankle to my knee. Advised likely to be caused by pneumonia which i am trying to recover from, being on the contraceptive pill, and a 7 hour car journey x2 over the weekend. I have been given Apixaban to take for 6...
  • worrier76

Always worrying

I am new to this group. I was diagnosed with DVT and PE at the end of December. I've been on Coumadin ever since. Two days ago I began to feel pain where my clot behind my knee was. I of course went into a panic. I've had severe panic attacks since being diagnosed. Which from others post I see is normal. Anyway my question is can there be residual pain after the clot is gone or should I be...