Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi, I spoke with my doctor the other day about continuing xarelto. I have been on it for about 7-8 months. I take 20mg per day to prevent clots. He wants to move me to 15 mg per day to prevent clots, but also lessen the bleeding risk. Anyone else on 15 mg per day? Or have you heard of this alternative and it's effectiveness? Thanks, Nancy
  • Hi there, recently diagnosed with superficial short saphenous vein clot extending into popliteal vein, therefore DVT. Currently on rivaroxaban (xarelto) 15mg twice a day for three weeks, then 20mg once a day for another 3 weeks. I just turned 50, been flying for work for the last 25 years with no problems. Was extremely tired and flew to NYC in economy where I slept very heavy in upright position...
  • Seskanda

DVT at 19

Hello, my name is Sara. I was diagnosed with DVT in my left calf two days ago. This came as a shock, as I am only 19 years old and have always been in good health. I started xarelto, and have tylenol codine for when the pain is especially bad. While the support from my friends, family, and coworkers has been amazing Im still learning to adjust.I was wondering, for those of you who experience pain...
  • So I had a pe more than 8 years ago. I took warfarin for 10 months. They ran every blood test and I tested negative for all. The thought was that Yaz caused it since I started having funny feelings in my leg after taking it. I was clot free for at least 6 years. I felt some tightness in my lower right calf last December. They found a small dvt. Doctor said he mostly treated it because of my...
  • tubbs81

ACCESS PTS & Garcia

1) Has anyone participated in the access pts study? Any complications (bleeding etc)? How unpleasant was the experience?2)It seems the PI, Dr. garcia, who I see mentioned here a lot, is no longer at Christiana, and I can't seem to find any stories about where he is or what happened. Any idea?
  • Hey folks I just wanted to reach out and find out what some of the sports you play or participate in on blood thinners? I am a 33 year old male that has been on Xarelto for the past two years due to a chronic DVT behind my right knee. So far it has not slowed me down too much and I continue to participate in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. It was a little hard to adjust to the idea of no more football,...
  • luvmyrebel

odd sensations...

I have been diagnosed with a DVT 2 years ago this September. I am doing fine. Blood levels are within goals. Watch what I eat and drink. My question in this. Has anyone ever had itching in the area of the blood clot? In past few weeks I have noticed that the upper thigh where my clot is located is itchy. I know where the clot is but when I look at it I can see a raised red type line running from...
  • jadednightdragon

DVT Aftermath?

Hi,I had a major blood clot (ankle to hip and over 50 clots in my lung) in 2008. I was put on blood thinners for 6 months. After that I had a minor clot in the same leg. I was diagnosed with Factor V. Since then I was placed on Warfrin and couple months ago I was put on Xerelto.My main concern is now I have swelling in my left leg. It's not much. It's not hot or red. So I was wondering, can it...
  • So I have a question I was wandering if there are certain foods to stay away from and food to eat more of which may be able to help with DVT prevention or help with recovery from one
  • emt4

New leg pain

I woke up today with severe pain in my left leg. The pain is in the back of my upper thigh and left hip but affects a large area in my upper leg. It hurts to sit, walk, even lying down is painful. I'm trying to figure out if this is muscle related or dvt. I know I need to go to the dr for that answer but I'm one who typically likes to wait and see for a day or two. I'm not one who experiences...
  • Hello everyone,I broke and crushed my ankle in January. I had surgery Jan 25th. 7 Casts, 2 Cam Boots and one Brace later here I am with 2 DVTs. They think I got a new one while on Eliquis. Now on Warfarin I just hate it with all the side effects and dietary restrictions. I am trying to cope so if anyone has a helpful hint, please pass it on.Thank you, Linda
  • I'm considering switching warfarin to Xarelto. Money has always been an issue, but I am hearing about the savings cards for both Xarelto and Eliquis. I would love to hear your experiences with both the drug itself (especially if you switched from warfarin), and also the savings card. I have a doctors appoint in a few weeks, so might discuss this with my doctor. I contacted the Xarelto line to...
  • christinebrown

Scared and alone

Hi all so 2 day's ago I was told I have a DVT from my pelvis down to the knee which was caused by my c section 6 weeks ago. My leg is so swollen and sore I cannot walk ( which is hard with a 6 week old and 2 year old) when I was told at hospital that I have a blood clot they gave me pills (Dabigatran etexilate Ca 150mg) and told me to take them for 6 months and not to bleed or get bruised and...
  • I've been wearing an aircast night and day due to a broken bone in my foot. About a week ago Friday I started to notice a cramping in the back of the calf that is in the cast. I could never get the cramp to go away so on Monday I called the doctor treating my broken foot. He sent me immediately to a vascular lab for an ultrasound and they found an acute occluding deep vein thrombosis of the right...
  • maikeli7

Recently diagnosed

I sat at a conference for three days with very little getting up. This was back in March. After the conference, my left calf muscle hurt like hell and I thought I had strained it by the way I was sitting. Felt like a charlie horse. Six weeks later, I finally decided to go to the ER. They found three clots in my left leg: two in my calf and one behind my knee. They gave me a blood-thinner shot in...