Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

1 Online
  • Sylvan

Really scared...just diagnosed and almost in tears

i really had little warning until one day about a month agoi got out of bed, put my feet on the floor and my entire left leg went numb from hip to toes.  i went to the ER because even tho i could put weight on it.. there was no way i could walk.  they took my history which includes sever joint pain in left hip and left knee, did xrays and diagnosed at that time "severe osteoarthritis" etc...
  • RaquelS

DVT and PE

I broke my leg, my tibia near the top by my left knee. I developed DVT within a week in my left calf and knee then I had 3 PE .I was hospitalized over night 2 weeks ago. I have extreme pain and anxiety. I am on blood thinners.Does anyone else have anxiety? Especially at night?Raquel
  • AndersDanAnders

Phyto Estrogen

Hi,I had a massive PE in 2014. Have since full recovered. Cause was never found but was most likely birth control pills.So now I can't use birth control, Mirena or other medicine that contains estrogen.Totallly unrelated I'm looking to use a food supplement, all natural, that contains phyto-estrogens.  I had never heard of them but apparently they mimic in part what regular estrogen does in your...
  • RaquelS

Swelling in the leg with DVT

How long does it take for the swelling to go away!My leg is swollen from thigh above left knee to my left foot.I have never experienced swelling like this in my life. I am worried about going back to work.Ugh
  • Daze

Fragmin and headachs

Hi. Looking for advice I started injecting fragmin last Tuesday night after they found a clot in my lung. Since around last wed the headaches have been so sore all I want to do is sleep. I've rang my gp and his answer was paracetamol and that I'm better on the fragmin than not. Has any one else experience headachs or should I be worried 
  • jessica9776

Afraid I have more clots

Hello,I was diagnosed with 2 DVTs behind my knee on 12/20/16 after fracturing my ankle about a month prior.   I didn't need surgery.  I have been taking my Coumadin faithfully.   My last check I was therapeutic but that was earlier this month. I'd say for the past week or so I have been having pains behind my knee that has the clots.   It went away for a little while but it's back.  Now, I...
  • deleted_user

serrapeptase helpful for DVT

I had my first DVT in my right leg in 2008 along with a mild PE. I checked out the forum at that time and it was helpful . I was on warfarin for several years but discontinued it a couple years ago but continued with compression socks, nattokinase, curcumin, etc.I had another DVT this January in my left leg. I was able to diagnose it much sooner this time and caught it earlier. I didn't have...
  • JJJohnson

DVT recovery expectations

So I had 2 clots, one DVT in my right calf back in September. I am a 43 year old runner thought I just strained something. Doc agreed, until two weeks later my leg swelled up and ached so bad I couldn't stand it. We put me on Eliquis and days later I was on the mend religiously wearing compression stockings ever since the diagnosis.4 months later, there is still no way I could run if I wanted to...
  • Tomgita83

Nattokinase

Just curious on your thoughts on Nattokinase.  I used it to dissolve another dvt before it was a major issue (doplar confirmed no clot).  I know I had one bc i've had a few already.  I take 50 mg a day every morning like a baby aspirin. Doesn't help with swelling though...
  • David3636

Can a DVT go undected for 2 months?

Hi, I am a reluctant newbie to the world of DVT. I can determine no cause in the days/weeks leading up to the symptoms. But my legs were  somewhat immobile in a kayak for hours at a time, four days in a row about two month earlier. Does anyone know if it is possible for a clot to form while kayaking that I did not get symptoms of for 2 months? (Yes, I will ask my doctor, but I wanted to get this...
  • JEB2007

FVL and tattoos

Has anyone with Factor V gotten a tattoo after a clotting event? Any ideas of the pros/cons to that? 
  • rmiy25

Swelling.....

I am a 22 yr old female with severe DVT in both of my legs. I was diagnosed with dvt 2 weeks ago and now have extreme swelling in both of my legs... I've tried everything like emsom salt baths and elevating to reduce the swelling and nothing helps... Has anyone had this issue with extreme swelling? Its in both of my legs and I can barely walk... I have a wedding to go to for a family member in a...
  • jaylucky

Can a DVT occur while on Warfarin

Hi in a bit of a panic was diagnosed with a dvt in September and have been using Warfarin every day and getting my inr checked weekly .My dvt occurred after breaking my ankle in August .Everything seemed good and i have been walking as much as possible .Then on Christmas day i  noticed my ankle was swollen rested it for 2 days and it got bigger not smaller ...My dvt was super painful and this...
  • LissaB

Compression stocking question..

I have 2 DVT's in my left calf. Both are in Posterior Tibial veins from my ankle to just under my knee. Have had them for over 5 months now. My doctor told me that people who wear knee high compression stockings all the time end up getting DVT's behind their knee. So thigh high are better. Does anyone on here wear 20-30 weight knee high compression stockings and are not on a blood thinner? I...
  • Brian1273

Unbearable

On Dec 1, 2016 I was diagnosed with ankle to groin DVT in my right leg, it is now December 21 and I can't tolerate any more torture. Dr's, nurses say to walk on it, that's no easy task, at best I can stand for about 30 seconds. With pain killers I can maybe get a few minutes, barely enough for a fast shower. I am wearing 30 - 40 mmhg thigh high compression stockings all the time, if I take them...