Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online
  • j20

Confused about seeing a Hematologist

About three weeks ago now it was discovered that I have DVT. During the time in the hospital and in addition to the Ultrasound scan I had a blood test, urine test and a chest xray as well as a physical examination by a Doctor to rule out any malignancies. The Doctor I spoke to said there were no indications of malignancies and no further investigations were required. He also stated that the clot...
  • abdulz

Psyllium Husk and dehydration

I’m on Xalerto once a day for a clot in my rIgbo leg, been 4 months. Does anyone think psyllium husk could be a problem? Heard it could cause dehydration which could lead to clotting.
  • abdulz

Unprovoked DVT

Hey guys! I am a 30 year old male, gained a lot of weight over the past year, suffered an ACL tear to which I have NOT had the surgery yet (injury about a month or two before my first DVT). Around 4 months ago, I felt a cramp (not the ACL leg) as I got up from a 2-3 hour Hookah session, which turned out to be a DVT (no swelling or redness, just the pain, which I got checked out 2 days later)....
  • Toddo

Make the switch?

Hi everyone.  I hope you don't mind if I run by a plan that my docs are forming that makes me a little nervous:I'm a 3 time DVT, one time double PE survivor and was put on aroun 10-11mg of warfarin for life after the third time.  INR has been pretty steady and was at monthly testing intervals at a clinic in the hostpital nearby.The clinic has closed and has sent my monitoring back to my family...
  • Shahid

7 months post DVT and PE.. disturbed DVT leg..

Hi all,First of all get well soon all of you as i defnitely know what all of you have been going through just like me.I had a knee partial menischotomy for a knee injury from the gym 7 months ago and had an unfortunate DVT in the same leg provoked by surgery which led me to Pulmonaru embolism as well and to ICU for 2 days. I m on blood thinners since then and its been really a hell tough last few...
  • NATFonline

Recommended Blood Clot Follow-Up Care

For more information regarding follow-up care after a blood clot diagnosis, please tune to this recorded webinar, courtesy of the North American Thrombosis Forum, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CU6-pqCvFw. This webinar is hosted by Dr. Jim Welker and provides helpful tips for all. For more webinars like this, or to register for upcoming online support groups, please visit www.natfonline.org. 
  • martinesob

Trouble breathing for 4 days, is it DVT/PE?

I recently stopped taking my birth control pills for my PCOS and a week ago I started to feel mild aches on my left leg and my left calf somewhat tightened but would usually feel better after walking for a while. One night I felt a mild sharp pain on the back of my left knee but went away for a second. I suddenly felt lightheaded and nauseous and my heart started beating faster and I couldn't...
  • WarmGun

Please read

Sorry if this is inappropriate I just don't know where else to turn. https://www.youcaring.com/ryanharvey-985376
  • Brooklin48

INR up-cannot understand why

Hi everyone,I started self-testing about a month ago. I had been in range for over 2 years but on the day the trainer came to my house to instruct me on how to use the self-testing machine, my INR came up 4.1. She used her own machine and it also came up 4.1.I retested two weeks later and it came up 3.6. I followed the doctors instructions last week to skip a dosage and then reduce mydosage to...
  • deleted_user

Varicose Veins

So ladies, this one is probably best for you. I have been rather reluctant to even accept that, at 30 years old, my left leg is covered with varicose veins. However, I am in complete denial that my lower lower abdomen is riddled with them too. These varicose veins are as large my fingers, are painful, and ugly. My question is this: Does anyone else have this problem that can be attributed to...
  • Hello all,My name is Kelly and I am posting on behalf of the North American Thrombosis Forum (NATF), a nonprofit organization dedicated to the awareness and education of blood clots for patients and physicians. Our organization hosts both in-person and online support groups for patients, physicians, family members, and caretakers of blood clot victims.Our online support group forum offers a...
  • Bless

Dvt/Pe

Bless 09/09/2017  Hello everyone I'm 33 years old anyway on August12 of this year I had this pain in my leg that felt like a charley horse smh my husband try to rub it out it stop for awhile but then it started backup again anyway so August the 16 I decided to go to the emergency room cause I start limping I gets there explain what's wrong they did the d-diimer test it was high 1600 so they...
  • DVTEDseattle

Compression socks

After doing some research and reading posts here, I decided to experiment with C. Socks for my DVT. I talked to the Allopathic docs and they said that in one recent study they proved to be ineffective and therefore would not be recommended. When I reviewed the study and about six others it is clear that the studies are not double blind and inconclusive. So I purchased some and it has made a...
  • NATFonline

In person support groups?

Has anyone been able to find in person support groups for DVT/PE patients in their area?
  • Raquella

Upper limb dvt reoccurring

I'm new to this site and hoping I might get some advice...I am a 38 year old female and I was diagnosed with a dvt in my subclavian vein about 3 months ago. This was caused by Thorasic Outlet Syndrome. I had thrombolis surgery and although they cleared the vein, it reclotted within 24hrs. It seems like there aren't many optons now, apart from to wait and see whether the clot starts to go of its...