Asperger Syndrome Support Group

Asperger syndrome - also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, Aspergers or just AS - is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills, normal to above normal intelligence, and standard language development.

1 Online
  • so-werry

I just need to be heard!

First post for me as a new member to this site. I'm just going to jump in.I just want to run away! I know that will not change my life. I know that when I start thinking about going somewhere I'm usually on over load. I have a husband 64, a son 29 and a daughter 27 with Aspergers. Also our youngest is mentally slow 20 and our middle daughter 24 and me 53(mom) are said to be normal. That's 6...
  • Jersey_of_Oz

Will

My son was diagnosed with aspergers sydrome in October of 2016. I always said that I knew he was quirky, but to me that was all that mattered. I could handle whatever came up. Schools are not the same. I have always had a love hate relationship with schools. I want to help see them improve, but they are forever stuck in the 12th century..... Today we had a 504 meeting for my son. I just feel...
  • Optimus

Recently diagnosed

New on here. I was recently assessed for Autism Spectrum Disorder after being referred during counselling for low mood / depression, anxiety and self harm. The diagnosis came back as Aspergers. I didn't know how to feel about this (ironically, I can see the irony in that). So I thought it could be good to seek out support for this.I have misophonia / hyperaucusis (disproportionate sensitivity to...
  • Hermit7

Friendships

Making and keeping a friend seems near impossible for me. Everytime I think I've found a friend I can be myself with the friendship ends. I seem to scare em off. My tendency to be needy/clingy and vulnerable I guess drives em away. 55 yrs of trying to make friends has worn me out. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Looks like that's my destiny, to be a hermit. Blowed if I can connect with people for...
  • BubblesEdd

College life.

I started college in September and now I started my second semester earlier this month. I haven't made any friends at all because I'm scared that I'll pick on in college just like in high school again. I sort of feel like some people don't really like me already. Has anyone felt this way before?
  • moonshine9

Newly Self Diagnosis "High Probability" Adult Test

Hello, I just now and becoming fully accepting of my Asbergers Syndrome. I started to realize I was a bit different about 10 years ago and 5 years ago I really noticed some major differences in my fellow coworkers and I. I have a lot of problems with relationships, family, intimate and friendships. My co-worker relationships are better becuse i just try harder but I also have my difficulties...
  • Hermit7

Help

55yr male. Newbie.
  • Landry86

Help with aspie boyfriend!

My partner has not spoken to me in two weeks. He has aspbergers so sometimes he gets overwhelmed and "hides" for a little while but he always comes back and we're able to talk it over and move on. But two weeks is an awful long time. I have checked in on him periodically reminding him I love him via text, which he reads and doesn't answer. I haven't gone to his house (which is like my second...
  • BubblesEdd

Rumination.

I struggle with rumination. Even though I graduated from the school, I think about my bullying experiences everyday. Even though I started counseling a month ago (yesterday being my fifth appointment), I'm a little scared that I'll never get past my bullying experiences.
  • BubblesEdd

New member.

My counselor suggested that I should join a website support group for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I've been having a hard time since 2016 with events that has happened to me, being bullied on my senior year of high school. As a result, I have to go to counseling, and I haven't made friends in college, with the exception of one person, but I've known her from my yoga class. Has anyone ever...
  • Zack.aka.speedy

Teen with Aspergers

I'm Zack, I'm 17 and ive traveled a lot and had many difficulties and experiences for someone my age and i turned my life around dramaticly in the last month or so. If anyone with Aspergers or a parent with a child who has it needs any advice or help feel free to ask me anything.
  • ArtistMom

Adult son now estranged

I have a married 23 year old son who I am certain after years of being ground down (too many sad stories) is Aspbergers... I have not seen nor spoken to him in six months, and I fear he will never be back in our lives, as apparently we cause him anxiety. I would love a suggestion but I feel it's beyond hope
  • spark87

New on here

I am hearing impaired, last professional diagnosed with ADHD. Unprofessionally, I don't just believe I have Aspergers. Ik because its the only thing that explains why i am exactly how i am. Few problems. I'm not good verbally socializing as far my speech and hearing goes, even though Ik exactly what I want to say I just not great at it verbally. I am nothing as I appear to people and its...
  • Landry86

My boyfriend has AS

Hi! New to the group! My boyfriend has a mild case of AS (for which he has been professionally diagnosed). Although I would consider our relationship exceptionally healthy, it does have its challenges at times when it comes to the disorder.  I've noticed for some reason that it's more relevant when he is tired or sick. He becomes very quiet and difficult to communicate with. I am unable to tell...
  • mlr0853

New Here/Need your advice

Hi, I'm a mother to an Aspie and trying so hard to help him navigate the world. He is 20, living in a large boarding home with 52 other residents who have many different types of challeges. At 19, he Had to leave home, I Hate what/why i had to have him leave, but it was not safe for me, he would not listen or follow the rules of the house. My Angel with Horn came to me late in life, 43, and has...