Asperger Syndrome Support Group

Asperger syndrome - also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, Aspergers or just AS - is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills, normal to above normal intelligence, and standard language development.

0 Online
  • Guitarguy

I could use some helpful advice

Hello. I have had what my mother and I suspect to be aspergers syndrome my entire life. I've always had major anxiety and problems getting ahead in life. I have major meltdowns about twice a week(give or take) from depression. I always feel like I'm being judged by people even when I'm not. I have a anxiety and fear of the unknown. Even just going to a restruant to eat can be overwhelming and 70%...
  • Anomymous

Understanding

my younger brother was diagnosed almost a year ago from today and I'm still confused on what it is and how it effects him could anyone explain it maybe
  • Utini

Newly diagnosed and worried.

I'm 30 years old and was just diagnosed with aspergers.  Married but still very lonely.  Husband is very understanding and socially awkward as well.  He is currently out with a group of people he has never met to play a board game.  I don't understand the enjoyment in putting yourself in such a situation, it boggles my mind.  I feel jealous and in pain.So with that, I sit here alone knowing...
  • Aaronas

Only you foreigners can help me

Because of my sad childhood.I had Asperger,I need you to help me.Only I stay with you,I feel safe.I hope an orphanage could take me in,or a good family could help me.
  • Aaronas

Help me,please

I am a Christian,and I come from China.My childhood was very sad,then God picked me up,so I'm alive now.But I had Asperger's syndrome,I need some kind-hearted foreigners to help me with this problem.Help me,please!
  • slubaseball

My wife wants to leave and I am terrified

I was diagnosed with Aspergers/Autism Spectrum Disorder two months ago, and it's honestly been a difficult transition. I'm finding myself reevaluating pretty much everything. I'm 36, successful at my job, and almost always in a good mood, but I realize that my wife has been bearing a great burden during this whole time. She's used the word "abuse"—and talks often about how she hates my tone of...
  • Community Leadersambod

suggestion for after high school.

My son is graduating this year.  after years of dealing with the schools and IEP's, we find ourselves thinking what is next?  My son is 19, high functioning.  He is currently doing a job internship in the afternoons and has done so all this school year, working a couple of hours at various locations and back grounds to see what would be a good fit. For those of you in the states, I would...
  • Looking4friends

New to this site...

Is there anyone here in the Central Valley(California) looking for friendship? I have a friend name Matt with Aspergers (32 yrs). He is looking for friends here. He enjoys fishing, target shooting, gaming, his dog, movies... just hanging out and visiting. He is somewhat independent but shy. If you or if you know of somone who might be interested in making a new friend, please reply :)
  • Hermit7

Connecting

Blowed if I can connect with people. After trying once again, I've got the same result. From what my experience has been, the majority of people just want to sell a way of life that they find works for them. Control, or more enticing is total control. What's happened to a person's individual freedom. We're not robots with a lifestyle that fits all. Some people/organisations care nothing for...
  • sgc810

Sibling of a child with Aspergers

I'm 15. My brother is 13. He was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome when he was around 5, which would place me at 7. I grew up hyper aware of other people's emotions. I feel as though witnessing the stress and pain both my parents and brother have gone through has really taken a toll on me and my wellbeing. I have subconsciously taught myself to suppress any negative emotions. I hardly tell my...
  • Hermit7

Pack animals?

If so called linear people are  of pack animal mentality. I take it people with Aspergers or others on the autism spectrum are not. Would like validation/disagreement on the above statement.Confused? I have Aspergers and I'm a person who has no inclination to be others. Most times.
  • littleboyisblue

Help

My son is ten, he doesn't have an asd diagnosis. The regional center said although he has almost all the characteristics he's too animated in his gestures and facial expressions. But I know several therapists who think the regional center is nuts. Plus I was an aide so he has had lots of early intervention. Anyway they gave him five mental health diagnosis instead. But in my heart I believe this...
  • Jersey_of_Oz

Will

My son was diagnosed with aspergers sydrome in October of 2016. I always said that I knew he was quirky, but to me that was all that mattered. I could handle whatever came up. Schools are not the same. I have always had a love hate relationship with schools. I want to help see them improve, but they are forever stuck in the 12th century..... Today we had a 504 meeting for my son. I just feel...
  • so-werry

I just need to be heard!

First post for me as a new member to this site. I'm just going to jump in.I just want to run away! I know that will not change my life. I know that when I start thinking about going somewhere I'm usually on over load. I have a husband 64, a son 29 and a daughter 27 with Aspergers. Also our youngest is mentally slow 20 and our middle daughter 24 and me 53(mom) are said to be normal. That's 6...
  • BubblesEdd

College life.

I started college in September and now I started my second semester earlier this month. I haven't made any friends at all because I'm scared that I'll pick on in college just like in high school again. I sort of feel like some people don't really like me already. Has anyone felt this way before?