Asperger Syndrome Support Group

Asperger syndrome - also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, Aspergers or just AS - is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills, normal to above normal intelligence, and standard language development.

0 Online
  • GhostlyLydia

Hello, I'm New!

To the website and to this group. I am a girl who just turned 25. I have been diagnosed with high-functioning Asperger's Syndrome since the age of about 8 years old. I saw this group and was curious to join and see what some other Aspies are into. I have a few friends who have Asperger's, but none of us really have much in common. What are the things you all are most obsessed with?For me, it's...
  • JohnDoe45

Hey

Hello, I'm new.  I'm a twenty one year old male who was diagnosed with aspergers at thirteen.  My interests are primarily American politics and history, and I'm also a huge horror and science fiction nerd. My ultimate if nigh impossible dream is to be a two term president.  I'm also GhostlyLydia's boyfriend.
  • Ameriblush

Hello...

Hello, I'm new to the group and to this website, Daily Strength. I am 19 yrs old and gave yet to recieve a federally accepted diagnosis--( I have been labeled the term by a hospital, counselors, therapists, interviewers and teachers, but not by a major institution that the government will acknowledge)-- but it's clear that I'm struggling with it, and I'm starting to feel worthless. Im having...
  • AspieGuy73

New to group here

Hello Everyone,I'm new to the group here and also to Daily Strength. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, 10 yrs ago. Of course I do know that the DSM V has since erradicated that diagnosis. I'm 44 and living alone in an apartment. I do get help from family and friends with certain things. As time goes on I'll open up more about those things and everything else. I hope everyone's doing good...
  • SociallyAkward03

Feeling isolated

My dad has Aspergers and he struggles with it every day. My Grandmother, Uncle and my cousin also have Aspergers as well. I am worried I may have Aspergers,  I was screened once by my dad's therapist when I was 6 but I don't feel that counts. I have expressed my desire to be tested in the sixth grade andt bring it up periodically ever so often the past three years to my mom. She acts like it's...
  • livingly

worried about Aspergers diagnosis

Hi everyone I dont have a offical diagnosis of aspergers but I suspect that I could have aspergers. as a starting point im planning to talk to my doctor about it and see if i can get some gudiance from her on where to go from there or that she can refer me to someone who can diagnosis aspergers. Im worried because Im afraid she will disagree with me or just dismiss it. Things are getting hard...
  • Scaramouche

Alone

I am an American, and have just started grad school in Hungary. I am so lonely right now, it hurts. My Asperger's always isolates me, and I would just like a friend. I throw a "smiling" mask on when in public, but I am crying myself to sleep every night. I am so tired of feeling like a freak (I am not saying that anyone else with asperger's is a freak, but that is how I am feeling about myself...
  • lydia.cutie

not really sure

hey im lydia and im not really sure whether i have it or not my parents and teachers arre wonderinng whats wrong with my learning i have a learnin disability and i did research and im preety sure i have it i havemeltdowns when im mad 
  • deleted_user

Forums

HiI am just wondering if anybody else knows any good asperger forum websites ??Please reply if you do
  • BlueAngie91

Confused & Frustrated!

I'm 25 years old and I have a very mild case of Asperger's. I live with my grandmother in the Twin Cities in Minnesota because I'm currently attending college. I don't hold a job because I've never had the need to work and I also chose to focus on my studies. I'm very emotionally sensitive, I don't respond well to other people's anger even if it's justified, I'm very sensitive to tone of voice,...
  • Utini

Newly diagnosed and worried.

I'm 30 years old and was just diagnosed with aspergers.  Married but still very lonely.  Husband is very understanding and socially awkward as well.  He is currently out with a group of people he has never met to play a board game.  I don't understand the enjoyment in putting yourself in such a situation, it boggles my mind.  I feel jealous and in pain.So with that, I sit here alone knowing...
  • livingly

I think I might have aspergers

im very convinced that I might have aspergers. I've read over the symptoms and I have many of them. I've taken an online screening and the score I got said I'm likely suffering from autism or aspergers.
  • stargazer096

depressed scared and confused

Hi... I'm new here. And new to Aspergers. I haven't been actually diagnosed with it, but my family and I are pretty convinced that it's what troubles me. I read that for an adult, and especially a woman, getting a diagnosis is awfully hard. I thought it would be a relief to find out something that explains what's wrong with me. But lately I feel terrible about it. It's made me realize things in...
  • deleted_user

aspergers husband says he does not love me

My husband has aspergers, so probably do all his brothers and guess what so it seems does my Dad atleast one of my brothers and two of my brothers seem to have married people with aspergers or someone with aspergers in their family. And I will add that my mother is not 'normal' either but I don't know what she has....I probaly dont have to tell you that Christmas has always been really...
  • heartsong69

anyone in PA

If there are fellow "spectrumites" in central Pennsylvania on the spectrum who could use a friend, feel free to get in touch.  My name is Scott and I'm 48.  Diagnosed with AS in 2011