Asperger Syndrome Support Group

Asperger syndrome - also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, Aspergers or just AS - is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills, normal to above normal intelligence, and standard language development.

0 Online
0 Online
  • gettingitstraight

Question

I haven't posted in a while and if there's a group for this I will gladly repost there I couldn't find it I know there was talk of making a separate group for families of people with as perverse before anyhowMy daughter is 15 and it's been a long struggle with things since she was diagnosed at age 7 she also has a secondary diagnosis of bipolar now anyhow she is struggling and it's with being...
  • ShannonAmene

Frustrated

I am on the lower spectrum of Asperger's. Often the only way it affects me is that I say very blunt things and am insensitive. Well, and I also take things literally. And honestly, I don't particularly care how it affects them, because it's the truth. Though I feel it doesn't affect me as much as it affects other, so I feel like a jerk venting. But lately, my stress has increased immensely, and...
  • Hi guys, sorry to waffle but get ready for a long one. My name is Matt and all my life I've felt like I didn't see the world in the same perspective as everyone else, people felt alien and unknowable and I sought comfort in numbers, recognizable patterns and geometrical shapes. This made me feel very guilty for a long time. People would feel hurt by me or get the feeling I really disliked them...
  • aquiroga

Job/Stress

I marred my sweet, gentlemen husband 7 years ago. In the 7 years we have been married he has had almost 15 jobs. He keeps trying and trying but I don't know if he will ever be able to keep one. I by now should have been smarter and gotten a better career or go back to school so that I could take care of us. Well I didn't so here we are again struggling and I don't make enough to pay everything. I...
  • I am 58 and my husband is 60. Our marriage has been one trial and one foot almost out the door with him. We have been married for almost 15 years. My husband was diagnosed about 4 years ago with "Un-diagnosed adult with Asperger's. I have tried to learn coping skills and to some extent they seem to work, but he is horribly defensive, will yell at me often. Then will spiral down into depression...
  • Hello! I apologise for possible mistakes - English isn't my mothertongue.I desperately need help and will be grateful for any replies!I am a NT woman, married to an AS man. We are together for 6 years and have 2 children, 2 girls.I love my husband dearly, I try to support him as much as I can, he has been in therapie and I go to the sessions with him, work closely with his psychologist, and we...
  • I'm having massive issues with transactional problem. I have recently started work, funnily enough with people with autism even though I have aspergers myself. I'm finding the transaction from home to work and work to home really difficult. Anyone got any ideas how to help this situation?
  • I am a 54 year old man who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome just one month ago. I was also diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I also suffer from depression.I am single, never married and live alone. I have a decent job but no social life. I have many friends at work and am actually quite popular. But once I leave work I am almost totally alone.I am currently going through...
  • ShineHowl

I Don't Feel Love

I don't think I've ever loved anyone in my entire life. Not my parents, or my friends, or my pets...I've never missed anybody when they were gone. I don't get sad when family die, or are dying. I know I should feel sad, but I don't. I feel more guilty about not being sad than actually being sad. In my eyes, people are just so easily replaceable. Yes, you may have happy memories with specific...
  • TruthAndDare

Any advice?

I have a friend who I recently found out is aspie. I guessed and told him I'd read lots about Asperger's, at which point he said that's fine and he thought I knew he was a little different. He's a really cool, funny, smart and caring person, and I really want to understand him and help him feel less alone.One thing we are having a bit of trouble with is synchronising enough to make plans. We work...
  • aspiesarah2

Skills to understand

Does anyone have any skills or advice on how to understand your OWN feelings and emotions? And how to express and deal with them. I'm really struggling with this.
  • princessatmey

new

hi I am possibly getting an aspergers diagnosos. from the start I am 24 an my psychologist thinks but says she could be wrong so has refered me to autistim diagnostic team. so far I filled in forms. has anyone been through this process as an adult. she recons this fits with my social problems
  • https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/researchers-develop-first-autism-symptom-self-assessment-adults
  • Hello,I am a 24 year old who has recently been diagnosed with Asperger's. I was diagnosed by my therapist who I have been seeing off and on for three years for panic disorder. My panic attacks are under control now. I am in school full time, working as a music teacher, and I have recently started dating but I am having a very difficult time with it. My biggest problem is how much alone time I...
  • kenarno

aspergers and God

Thier is own person who can connect an aspergers patient to the out side world. That person is God, because He created the world and He made aspergers patients.I connect to others better when I pray for guidance .It amazes me just how much God loves people who have aspergers syndrome.I seek guidance from the Holy Spirit all of the time. I feel closer to others when I do. Does anyone else have an...