Asperger Syndrome Support Group

Asperger syndrome - also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, Aspergers or just AS - is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills, normal to above normal intelligence, and standard language development.

4 Online
  • Scaramouche

Alone

I am an American, and have just started grad school in Hungary. I am so lonely right now, it hurts. My Asperger's always isolates me, and I would just like a friend. I throw a "smiling" mask on when in public, but I am crying myself to sleep every night. I am so tired of feeling like a freak (I am not saying that anyone else with asperger's is a freak, but that is how I am feeling about myself...
  • lydia.cutie

not really sure

hey im lydia and im not really sure whether i have it or not my parents and teachers arre wonderinng whats wrong with my learning i have a learnin disability and i did research and im preety sure i have it i havemeltdowns when im mad 
  • deleted_user

Forums

HiI am just wondering if anybody else knows any good asperger forum websites ??Please reply if you do
  • BlueAngie91

Confused & Frustrated!

I'm 25 years old and I have a very mild case of Asperger's. I live with my grandmother in the Twin Cities in Minnesota because I'm currently attending college. I don't hold a job because I've never had the need to work and I also chose to focus on my studies. I'm very emotionally sensitive, I don't respond well to other people's anger even if it's justified, I'm very sensitive to tone of voice,...
  • Utini

Newly diagnosed and worried.

I'm 30 years old and was just diagnosed with aspergers.  Married but still very lonely.  Husband is very understanding and socially awkward as well.  He is currently out with a group of people he has never met to play a board game.  I don't understand the enjoyment in putting yourself in such a situation, it boggles my mind.  I feel jealous and in pain.So with that, I sit here alone knowing...
  • livingly

I think I might have aspergers

im very convinced that I might have aspergers. I've read over the symptoms and I have many of them. I've taken an online screening and the score I got said I'm likely suffering from autism or aspergers.
  • stargazer096

depressed scared and confused

Hi... I'm new here. And new to Aspergers. I haven't been actually diagnosed with it, but my family and I are pretty convinced that it's what troubles me. I read that for an adult, and especially a woman, getting a diagnosis is awfully hard. I thought it would be a relief to find out something that explains what's wrong with me. But lately I feel terrible about it. It's made me realize things in...
  • deleted_user

aspergers husband says he does not love me

My husband has aspergers, so probably do all his brothers and guess what so it seems does my Dad atleast one of my brothers and two of my brothers seem to have married people with aspergers or someone with aspergers in their family. And I will add that my mother is not 'normal' either but I don't know what she has....I probaly dont have to tell you that Christmas has always been really...
  • heartsong69

anyone in PA

If there are fellow "spectrumites" in central Pennsylvania on the spectrum who could use a friend, feel free to get in touch.  My name is Scott and I'm 48.  Diagnosed with AS in 2011
  • LordRaon

Looking for others like me

Hello, my name is Brian (Alex) Williams, 18 years old, and was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at a young age. I have been searching for others with the same diagnosis for a long time. I would be grateful if someone out there would contact me and just talk. (I have not done this before, so sorry for the informal post).
  • Guitarguy

I could use some helpful advice

Hello. I have had what my mother and I suspect to be aspergers syndrome my entire life. I've always had major anxiety and problems getting ahead in life. I have major meltdowns about twice a week(give or take) from depression. I always feel like I'm being judged by people even when I'm not. I have a anxiety and fear of the unknown. Even just going to a restruant to eat can be overwhelming and 70%...
  • Anomymous

Understanding

my younger brother was diagnosed almost a year ago from today and I'm still confused on what it is and how it effects him could anyone explain it maybe
  • Aaronas

Only you foreigners can help me

Because of my sad childhood.I had Asperger,I need you to help me.Only I stay with you,I feel safe.I hope an orphanage could take me in,or a good family could help me.
  • Aaronas

Help me,please

I am a Christian,and I come from China.My childhood was very sad,then God picked me up,so I'm alive now.But I had Asperger's syndrome,I need some kind-hearted foreigners to help me with this problem.Help me,please!
  • slubaseball

My wife wants to leave and I am terrified

I was diagnosed with Aspergers/Autism Spectrum Disorder two months ago, and it's honestly been a difficult transition. I'm finding myself reevaluating pretty much everything. I'm 36, successful at my job, and almost always in a good mood, but I realize that my wife has been bearing a great burden during this whole time. She's used the word "abuse"—and talks often about how she hates my tone of...