Asperger Syndrome Support Group

Asperger syndrome - also referred to as Asperger's syndrome, Asperger's, Aspergers or just AS - is one of five neurobiological pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), and is characterized by deficiencies in social and communication skills, normal to above normal intelligence, and standard language development.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I wonder if Social Security would tell me how many jobs I have had?You see, I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 42. 42! I had been seeing the same Psychiatrist for over a dozen years (I also have Major Depressive Disorder=MDD) for medication management & at one office appointment the good Dr. says "Mrs.___ you also have Aspergers Syndrome".I thought my MDD was because I couldn't hold down...
  • mlr0853

Insane site of resources for Autism,

https://www.autismspeaks.org/sitemapBased in U.S., but lots of information! A-ZLove it!Take care, ML
  • I'm not really sure how to explain what I'm trying to say, but something I noticed about myself is that I don't have favourites. I don't have a favourite food, I don't have a favourite movie, I don't have a favourite colour. I either like something, or I don't. I don't like something more than something else. Choosing between 2 things I like is impossible for me. I have a set answer for whenever...
  • I have an 18 year old son with Asperger's. He graduated from high school a few months ago. He mostly like to play online video games or watch tv. He has a quick temper and was a tantrum thrower when he was younger. He says he's been planning on getting a job but has yet to go out looking. I've gently mentioned this to him on occassion. He gets defesive orl mad.I brought up the idea of...
  • Aelita

I am possibly on the autism spectrum

I recently found a therapist for my depression and possible anxiety, and I had my first session with her this past week, which I think went pretty well. She asked me a lot of questions, and at the end, she asked if I'd ever considered I may be on the autism spectrum. I have...a lot. I've suspected being autistic since I was like 10. My brother's autistic, and I've noticed a lot of his and his...
  • mlr0853

New Here/Need your advice

Hi, I'm a mother to an Aspie and trying so hard to help him navigate the world. He is 20, living in a large boarding home with 52 other residents who have many different types of challeges. At 19, he Had to leave home, I Hate what/why i had to have him leave, but it was not safe for me, he would not listen or follow the rules of the house. My Angel with Horn came to me late in life, 43, and has...
  • lovebug26

Austism or aniexty?

Could I be austisic or is it just social anxiety? What are some of the traits or experiences of someone who is?Specifically in class room setting or large groups I have many tick like behaviors. Picking my finger nails, messing with my hair, gritting teeth, holding my arms in different ways, biting my nails,ect. I have difficulty breathing almost like asthma but I don't have asthma. When I need...
  • ShineHowl

FRIENDSHIP RANT

Do you ever feel like you want a therapist instead of a friend? Friends are just so... time consuming. Friendship goes both ways. You both have to play a part in it. The thing is, I don't want to play my part. I hate playing my part in friendships. I don't want to hear about your bad day. I don't want to Skype with you when you're sad, or see cute pictures of your dog. I don't care about your...
  • MinFlorida

Opps, I told them....

As an adult when I received my diagnosis (I was 42!) I don't usually tell people (new acquitences) that I am on the Autism Spectrum. Going through the MASSIVE UPHEAVAL that has been my life since 6 July of this year, I started back at college. I'm just taking 1 class (at $440 dollars for the class plus books & online access fees of over $100, that's all I can afford!) and it's a Pre-Algebra...
  • Nekonekowawa

Upset and suicidal again.....

this time I feel sick of everything and if I was to die right now the world would be happy. The reason I hold on is because there are people who care, they are on the Internet. They've cared more about me then people in real life. What's the point? I've told my dad that I was suicidal, and he still didn't care. So even when I told someone, they didn't even care to help. All the people in real...
  • Geoglyph

Bridging the gap, different not less

Hi guys, sorry to waffle but get ready for a long one. My name is Matt and all my life I've felt like I didn't see the world in the same perspective as everyone else, people felt alien and unknowable and I sought comfort in numbers, recognizable patterns and geometrical shapes. This made me feel very guilty for a long time. People would feel hurt by me or get the feeling I really disliked them...
  • Nekonekowawa

Aspergers and suicide

I feel very sad, my moods switch easily sometimes. I've been more suicidal lately and I'm worried. No one knows about this, I wish they could but it's embarrassing. Also, no one knows that I have aspergers except my parents, they said not to tell anyone so that's why. I've decided to try here because it's easier I think then asking for help outside. I try to forget about that empty feeling that...
  • pastelgoth1

Frustrated

I'm high functioning but I'm still finding it hard. :-(
  • icare4u

Hello Everyone

My son does a lot of things that seem to point to Asbergers. I sure hope I get some answers some time soon. He walks back and fourth and laughs at his funny thoughts as long as you let him. He could go on for hours if no one stopped him. Most of the time I ask him to go get something or save something he get side tracked and start pacing the floor walking back and fourth sometimes he even run. It...
  • gettingitstraight

Question

I haven't posted in a while and if there's a group for this I will gladly repost there I couldn't find it I know there was talk of making a separate group for families of people with as perverse before anyhowMy daughter is 15 and it's been a long struggle with things since she was diagnosed at age 7 she also has a secondary diagnosis of bipolar now anyhow she is struggling and it's with being...