Adult Bedwetting Community Group

A place for adults who still have problems wetting the bed to talk about their feelings, to discover solutions, and to talk about life in general.

0 Online

Short Survey for Group Members!

Hi all,

This group has been going for awhile now! A lot of us kind of know each other already, but a lot of new people have joined who may not be aware of who is here or what kinds of issues we deal with. So, I thought it might be helpful if we all take a couple minutes and answer a few basic questions about who we are and why we're here... so that everyone in the group can see how many different people deal with this problem.

This is completely optional of course, but I hope it will help a lot of us who are still active here (longtime and recent members alike) to get to know and understand each other better!

Just 8 questions -- answer as short or as long as you want to. Complete sentences not required. :)

1. Your age group -- just the decade is fine (e.g., 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, etc.)

2. For how long have you had bedwetting problems?

3. About how often do you wet the bed currently? (Every night, most nights, once a week, twice a month, etc.)

4. Do you have any issues with urinary incontinence during the daytime? If so, how often?

5. Do you know or have an idea what causes your wetting problems?

6. What steps do you take to try to manage or control your bedwetting? (Absorbent products, bed pads, alarms, medication, fluid restrictions, timed awakening, etc.) Be as specific or nonspecific as you like!

7. Who else knows about your wetting issues? (Family members, friends, etc.) Are they supportive?

8. What are you most hoping to gain from being part of this group? Tell us whatever you are hoping to see happen here -- learning more about the facts of your condition, getting to know others, meeting new friends to chat with, just knowing you're not alone -- whatever is on your mind!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns about this group!

Replies

midnight77
midnight77

Here are mine:

1. 30-39
2. All my life
3. Probably 1-2 times a month on average, sometimes gets a little worse with stress
4. No real problems during the day, but have a small bladder and need to go a lot
5. I have a small underdeveloped bladder
6. Try to be reasonable about what I drink at night but am not a slave to it. :) Waterproof mattress pad and wash the sheets when I need to. When away from home, I am really careful about what I drink, and either use my phone alarm to quietly make sure I wake up and go in the middle of the night, or wear adult pull-ups to bed as a last resort if other methods aren't practical.
7. My wife and a few close friends know. Family doesn't know. I am very selective about who I tell but almost all who know are very supportive.
8. I would love to meet and talk to any other people who struggle with wetting problems as adults. Share stories about physical and emotional challenges that come with this problem. A cure may be beyond reach but always open to new ideas to manage it better. :)
Dribbler
Dribbler

And mine:

Age group. 60-69 (67 actual)

Duration of problems. As a child - then less from 15-35 - then occasioanal until 45 and a real problems for last 10-12 years.

Frequency. Wear a adult diaper and it is wet almost every night

Day time. Need to wear a adult diaper all the time

Cause. Recent problems are associated with health problems - heart condition diabetes and prostate condition

Steps taken include; Medical assessment - medication (didn't work) currently use diapers and manage to be socially continent and lead a full ife .

Who knows?: Doctor wife and close fmaily - but I self manage the ocndition so as to avoid it being a problem for others - wife is supportive but prefers me to be discrete

Nice to be part of a group and share - pick up tips and just possible be useful to others
deleted_user
deleted_user

1. 40-49
2. Lifelong
3. Every night
4. Only recently
5. Genetics
6. Diapers. External catheter.
7. Wife
8. See what other bedwetters have to say, how they cope, etc.
Brandie1970
Brandie1970

Just 8 questions -- answer as short or as long as you want to. Complete sentences not required. :)

Heres My survey. I don't know if bedwetter really describes Me? I'm incontinent and have no bladder control. I dribble constantly and have spasims where My bladder empties. I wet Myself but rarely wet the bed I wear protection.

11-12 years

3. About how often do you wet the bed currently? (Every night, most nights, once a week, twice a month, etc.)

Everynight.

4. Do you have any issues with urinary incontinence during the daytime? If so, how often?

Yes I'm incontinent so I wet 24-7 .

Yes I have MS , also suffered a stroke during pregnancy. Various other degenerative health issues.

6. What steps do you take to try to manage or control your bedwetting? (Absorbent products, bed pads, alarms, medication, fluid restrictions, timed awakening, etc.) Be as specific or nonspecific as you like!

I wear protection (diapers) and bed pads in case of leaks.

7. Who else knows about your wetting issues? (Family members, friends, etc.) Are they supportive?

My family, My DRs, nurses and a couple close friends.

8. What are you most hoping to gain from being part of this group? Tell us whatever you are hoping to see happen here -- learning more about the facts of your condition, getting to know others, meeting new friends to chat with, just knowing you're not alone -- whatever is on your mind!

I was invited to join and discuss.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us! Please let me know if you ever have any questions or concerns about this group!
deleted_user
deleted_user

1/aged 19

2/ bedwetting forever ...so that would be about 16 years when its not normal too

3/ about 3 times aweek but this can vary (once I went 2 whole weeks dry..!) (used to be evry nite till I was about 13 )

4/ Not now ...thankfully ;~)

5/ I think I inherit it from my mum brother and my dad sister and some cousins too.

6/ I wear a depsable pull up with a washable overpant on top (in case I leak which sometimes happens)
I sleep on a 'incog neato' bedpad which does not draw attention by crinkling and is washable too

7/ Mummy and Daddy and my sis of course plus afew specal girl friends (one was like us till she was 11 I think ).... mummy all ways hugs me if she knows I've w m b ... now THAT is supportive.;~)

8/ Just GOOD to be able to meet /share and message others like me M or F ... especially about having better protection ideas.
deleted_user
deleted_user

almost 17 years

every night

I need a diaper change every 4 hours

I had an accident

My mom put me first in cloth diapers and rubber pants. Than I got disposable diapers. Now I wear washable, waterproof all-in-one diaper pants from Minappi. They have a sewn in diaper and I get additional booster pads at night or when I leave the house. I have plastic sheet protection on my bed

My mom and she cares for me and changes me most of the times.

We are still looking for other alternatives. The all-in one's are very pleasant to wear but disposable are more absorbent and not so thick between the legs and bottom. Would be fine to hear from others what they wear and they experience.
deleted_user
deleted_user

1 30 39
2 all my life
3 every night
4 yes i wear 24 7 I cant hold a thig in my bladder
5 bedwetting runs in my family but not day wetting
6 diapers
7 every one i know
8 helping others that wet and helping kids not get teased I was teased as a kid it was hard on me
Yuki-Tanaka
Yuki-Tanaka

1 20-29
2 over 20 years
3 1 or 2 times a week (sometimes 5 or 6, sometimes dry a week)
4 not now
5 deep sleep, small bladder
6 diaper, plastic sheets
7 my family and 2 close friends
8 what others to say
deleted_user
deleted_user

1. Age group – 40-50

2. Life long. I have never been dry at night for more than a few weeks at a time.

3. It varies, usually once or twice a month but I have sporadic bouts of wetting five or more nights a week.

4. No daytime problems.

5. You name it and I’ve been told it was the problem.

6. I manage my problem with absorbent products.

7. At this point in my life, no one. My wife and my parents knew, but they have all passed away.

8. To meet others who are dealing with the same issues I am. Seek advice.
nicolas2
nicolas2

I have always wet the bed, usually every night, several times a night.
But only have day problems if away from home, being somewhat allergic to public facilities - if available!
All the tests have been negative, so it is "functional" rather than "organic" in cause. I am just a bedwetter.
I have tried a russian roulette of medications, alarms, wakings, fasts & droughts before bed, you name it!
I use nappies/diapers, waterproof pants & bedding, cream, powder, wipes, disposal bags etc
The whole world knows, so what! My current Goal is to be: Happy To Be A Bedwetter. I'm doing my best.
The joy of this site is to know that this "fact of life" is shared by trillions of others, and we can swop mutual suppor/tips/advice among our community. And use our journals to help us cope. United, we shall overcome!
deleted_user
deleted_user

1: 32

2: 9 Months

3: Most nights

4: No daytime issues

5: Emotional stress from finally dealing with being sexually abused as a child

6: Diapers, bed pad, plastic matress cover

7: Immediate family, a few freinds

8: I hope to gain perspective from others who have dealt with this longer than I, as well as from those who have a similar causative history.
celticgirl05
celticgirl05

on and of for 6 years, every night for 9 months

3. About how often do you wet the bed currently? (Every night, most nights, once a week, twice a month, etc.) Every night and sometimes several times a night.

Yes I am diapered all the time.

the thought so far is a nerve issue

I wear diapers during the day and have pads for the furniture. I have washable pad for my bed and use thicker diapers at night

My immediate family, a few relatives, and some friends. I don't broadcast that i wear diaper but I don't Hide it.

I am here to get advice and give advice if I can. I am here to meet people who have problems like me.
viking6928
viking6928

1.30-39
2.16 years
3.2 to 4 times a month ,sometimes 3-4 times a week, sometimes a dry month
4.yes, usually just a little leak, full accidents once in while
5.I'm not sure why I wet the bed, I think I might have an overactive bladder. I know my daytime accidents get a lot worse when I'm anxious or nervous about something.
6. plastic mattress cover, and diapers on bad weeks
7. my ex-wife, but we don't talk about that anymore.
8. Ideas that might help me stop wetting or support to help deal with it. Confidence to look for intimate relationship again.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have a foster daughter who needs diaper.
1. Her age: now 17
2. Not quite sure about her past in India but since she is with us she turned out to be a heavy wetter.
3. Every night and day
4. yes, she wets at daytime too
5. Small bladder together with emotional stress and very tough childhood
6. Absorbent washable diaper pants and cloth diaper.
7. Me and my family support her where ever we can.
8. Getting to know others with similar issues, meeting new friends to chat with and share experience
Dippityduf
Dippityduf

60-70

all my life

Every night.

Yes I'm incontinent so I wet 24-7 .

Yes I have a neurogenic bladder with urge incontinencenand diabetes 2..

I use a plastic mattress protector, cotton backed rubber sheet, and wear diapers

Dr and wife.

getting to know others and share experiences.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • activemommy

How long can I stay wet

as you all know diapers and pull ups are not cheap so I try and stay in my diaper when it's wet for a few hours before I get changed into a cleAn diaper but now I'm getting itchy red bumps and am wondering if I'm wearing my wet diapers for too long. How long if your using powder should you stay wet?
  • greengold4

College with Incontinence

I am about to return to college. I have been losing more and more control over my bladder. I've been having occasional leaks in the daytime and wetting heavily at night. I was wondering if anybody else dealt with incontinence in college or has any tips or advice with how to manage my condition?