Urinary Incontinence Support Group

Urinary incontinence is the involuntary excretion of urine from one's body. It is often temporary, and it almost always results from an underlying medical condition. Stress, functional, and urge incontinence are the most common forms. Share with other support group members and learn from their stories and experiences.

1 Online
  • Hi friends,It's nice to meet you all! My name is Yen and I'm on the team at at CompactCath.Not to sound overly market-y, but I wanted to introduce to you CompactCath - an intermittent urinary catheter invted at Stanford University that's compact, modern, hygienic, and most of all, easier for you to use.CompactCath fits right in your pocket or the palm of your hand, giving you maximum privacy and...
  • Bobsan48

Hello

Ive been in a reltioship for the past 2 years and a half and been having a off and on issues with not having control sometime after the first year. I am now having to rely on wearing adult diaper 24/7, even though my girlfriend knows about it and understands it, I myself sometimes feel that its effecting or relationship. Ive talked to her and she always teels me that there is nothing wrong; but...
  • uhohALLbetter

Uh oh

I'm 42 and drive a log truck for a living.  I had just pulled into the woods to get a load the other day and an urge to urinate hit me so bad that I almost could not hold it...ok, I didn't hold it.  By the time I made it out of sight of the rest of the guys in the woods my undies had a wet spot in them.  This is/was a first for me.  In my younger days (pre 12 years old) bedwetting was an...
  • Trudilu

Overactive bladder

This is not exactly incontinence because it's not involuntary. But ever since the symptoms started, it has been driving me out of my mind.I can't get a good night's sleep because I wake up ever house having to go the the bathroom. Luckily and fall back asleep, but an hour or less later I'm up again going to the bathroom. I don't know where all the water is even coming from. I don't drink a...
  • Yukon112

Plz

Hello I'm 19 years old and I developed urinary inconttience and I am looking for support because I don't know how to really handle this kind of situation 
  • deleted_user

Your Adult Diapers Choice

Finally managed to register here and was looking for what other people's thoughts were on adult diapers they have been using...I tried Depends but it just wasn't enough and caused me too many problems so I went with something a little higher end...I bought the Secure X-Plus adult diapers from I believe Secure Personal Care and they have been working fantastically for me. Any thoughts on others...
  • kaydence35

Bedwetting and pant wetting

hii... I'm young and I still wet my pants and my bed regularly. I wear goodnites diapers and it is so embarrassing but I need to wear them. I have autism and it is hard to feel when I have to pee... And I got invited to a sleep over tonight. I feel embarrassed. Any help? 
  • SGMinn

External Catheters

I am interested in hearing advice regarding external catheters. I am male, 63 years old and have recently become incontinent. I am hopeful that this is a temporary condition, but need advice on options for coping. I am using pull-ups 24/7 at this point, but find them awkward when outside the house. I read about condom catheters (various types) and would like to hear from people who have tried...
  • kel_en

SupraPubic catheter advice

Hi, I'm a 78 year-old male with prostate and bladder problems for over 18 years.  My prostate cancer was treated with radiation which resulted in a urethral stricture.  7 urethrotomies and at least that many dilations have left me incontinent.  The urologist and I decided to install a SupraPubic catheter 2 months ago, hoping that the stricture would finally close off the urethra and solve the...
  • brittymc92

feeling isolated

Hi, my names Brittany and I'm 23 years old. I was catheterised in July last year. I have been incontinent my whole life but it suddenly got worse. Before, I was only incontinent at night but I became sick last year and my incontinence got worse and had to be catheterised. In some ways its awesome as I don't have to run to the loo constantly as I did before. But in other ways I feel isolated as I...
  • wetr

Intermitent catheterization

Due to bladder distention I had many infections and urg incontinence.My doctor recommended intermittent catheterization. How many of you do this therapy and do you do aseptic(sterile Technic) or clean hand washing only?
  • Celestialsoup

It doesn't stop...

I'm a relatively healthy and fit 22 year old female that's been struggling with burning during urination, sex, masturbation.I have come to a point in my life where sex is more stressful and painful than relaxing or pleasurable and have decided that celibacy is my only option. This has been the end of the past relationships I have pushed myself through. Plus the embarrassment of losing control of...
  • philatelist

congenital

Hi everyone, I am new here. I am 35, male from Pakistan currently working in US. I am an MD, PhD and work as a scientist. I have congenital issues with continence . My bladder is also small and unstable so I have to put paper towels in my under garments and go to restroom every 2 hours or so. I try to be dry but still smell. I recieved abuse and ridicule in school, university, neighbors, friends...
  • Aeroplane78

Love and Friendship

Even though I am not single I do wish there was a dating site for people with this problem. Why? Because so many people out there have NO sympathy for people with incontinence and many are quite cruel. I have heard many stories of rejection & mockery both from mates & work place/ so called friends. It makes me angry. Many people with hard problems in life to me are often the more Beatuiful people...
  • diaperjamie

DIAPERS?????

i would like to know why some people in medical,like nures-doctors find it hard to understand why young adult need to wear diapers.i have ben to few doctors/urgent places and found it was kind odd that i was wearing a diapers.i was there for the ful/bearthing problems.i told them my medical problems like epilepsy,back pain,migraines they said ok.but when i told the i also had urinary incontinence...