Urinary Incontinence Support Group

Urinary incontinence is the involuntary excretion of urine from one's body. It is often temporary, and it almost always results from an underlying medical condition. Stress, functional, and urge incontinence are the most common forms. Share with other support group members and learn from their stories and experiences.

1 Online
  • uhohALLbetter

That didn't work

Went to my urologist appt the other day and he did his thing and decided it was an infected prostate and gave me Bactin.  I took it as prescribed and...it didn't do anything, as a matter of fact things have gotten worse.  Sometimes I realize I need to go and just can't hold it...other times I don't realize it till I'm wet.  So far I've not wet the bed but I've given up on the idea of making it...
  • uhohALLbetter

Question for the 24/7 diapered amoung us

What do you use for rash prevention?How often, always or just when you feel the need?If always, once a day or with every change?What's the best way to give the crotch area extra support when it gets heavy and you cannot change immediately?Thanks for the answers, appearantly I'll need to know these things.
  • deleted_user

Your Adult Diapers Choice

Finally managed to register here and was looking for what other people's thoughts were on adult diapers they have been using...I tried Depends but it just wasn't enough and caused me too many problems so I went with something a little higher end...I bought the Secure X-Plus adult diapers from I believe Secure Personal Care and they have been working fantastically for me. Any thoughts on others...
  • Barry

Preventing Urinary Catheter Blockages

PREVENTING   URINARY  CATHETER   BLOCKAGES BARRY SIMPSON  According to the users' information leaflet, Nitrofurantoin (also known as Macrobid,  Macrodantin or Genfura) is used 1) to cure urinary infections and 2) to prevent them.  It is proved below that if used to prevent urinary infections, in my case it  also prevented catheter blockages.  I do not know for how many other people with...
  • matthewbw

My Life Story As A Wetter

I was a late potty trainer. I vividly remember being in diapers as a kid up until it was time for school. Never had an incident until the first grade. And it was twice in week. I went to the doctors and turned out that I had a urinary tract infection. Not common for boys my age, but still. So it was back to diapers until it cleared up. The kids didn’t tease me since they heard it was due to an...
  • rico51

support of spouse/significant other

Nearly 7 years ago I began having incidents of wetting the bed again.  My wife (30 years of marriage in June!) never knew about my struggles with this growing up until I was 14, and then still occassionally until 16.  It took awhile for me to admit to her my history of bed wetting, but she was very empathetic which helped sooo much.  At the time I found this to be a very difficult...
  • Dena.guffey3

This sucks

So my whole life I have been unable to control my bladder and bowels. Well I found out today that due to abuse as a baby the damage is permanent and I am fully incontinent. It's really embarrassing.
  • deleted_user

paruresis

I added a new group, Shy bladder. While not strictly incontinence-related, it can lead to episodes of incontinence, when you are unable to use a public restroom for any reason. In my case, even if I do get to a public restroom on time, I have difficulties using it, especially if there are other people there. I wonder if anyone else deals with this.
  • Hi friends,It's nice to meet you all! My name is Yen and I'm on the team at at CompactCath.Not to sound overly market-y, but I wanted to introduce to you CompactCath - an intermittent urinary catheter invted at Stanford University that's compact, modern, hygienic, and most of all, easier for you to use.CompactCath fits right in your pocket or the palm of your hand, giving you maximum privacy and...
  • Bobsan48

Hello

Ive been in a reltioship for the past 2 years and a half and been having a off and on issues with not having control sometime after the first year. I am now having to rely on wearing adult diaper 24/7, even though my girlfriend knows about it and understands it, I myself sometimes feel that its effecting or relationship. Ive talked to her and she always teels me that there is nothing wrong; but...
  • uhohALLbetter

Uh oh

I'm 42 and drive a log truck for a living.  I had just pulled into the woods to get a load the other day and an urge to urinate hit me so bad that I almost could not hold it...ok, I didn't hold it.  By the time I made it out of sight of the rest of the guys in the woods my undies had a wet spot in them.  This is/was a first for me.  In my younger days (pre 12 years old) bedwetting was an...
  • Trudilu

Overactive bladder

This is not exactly incontinence because it's not involuntary. But ever since the symptoms started, it has been driving me out of my mind.I can't get a good night's sleep because I wake up ever house having to go the the bathroom. Luckily and fall back asleep, but an hour or less later I'm up again going to the bathroom. I don't know where all the water is even coming from. I don't drink a...
  • Yukon112

Plz

Hello I'm 19 years old and I developed urinary inconttience and I am looking for support because I don't know how to really handle this kind of situation 
  • kaydence35

Bedwetting and pant wetting

hii... I'm young and I still wet my pants and my bed regularly. I wear goodnites diapers and it is so embarrassing but I need to wear them. I have autism and it is hard to feel when I have to pee... And I got invited to a sleep over tonight. I feel embarrassed. Any help? 
  • SGMinn

External Catheters

I am interested in hearing advice regarding external catheters. I am male, 63 years old and have recently become incontinent. I am hopeful that this is a temporary condition, but need advice on options for coping. I am using pull-ups 24/7 at this point, but find them awkward when outside the house. I read about condom catheters (various types) and would like to hear from people who have tried...