Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

1 Online
  • Krystal123

looking for someone to talk to ..

I'm looking for someone who can talk and listen. Someone who I can text or call when I wanna pull. Someone I can trust with my secrets. Someone who can help me out. Dm me your snapchat or something, please. I just need someone right now 
  • LeoLost

Barely..

I feel awkward to say it,due to the fact that I feel guilty. But nevertheless I have been pulling my hair for quite some time and don't know how to speak about it. I joined this to seek out for some support. I have gotten to the point of bald patches. I don't know how to control it most of the time, can anybody send some advice my way.
  • I have battled trichotillomania for 29 years.  I am 41 now and it is a daily battle.  I have recently moved to Florida and left all of my family, friends, and complete support system behind.  I am looking for people like me who can relate to this uncontrollable desire to pull, as well as any "life hacks" to getting through each day without pulling.
  • brokenshards

Harmless Habit or Trichotillomania?

So I was diagnosed with severe OCD at age 11. I am on medication and I thought I had it under control. I have had a hair twirling habit since i was younger and I spent most of my life with short hair though recently I've been growing it out. Lately the twirling has turned more into hair pulling. I twirl my hair as hard as I can until it falls out of my head. Right now my scalp actually hurts...
  • Krystal123

I'm back ...

So last time I was on here, was 12/27/16. I've relapsed since then, in a number of times. In case you haven't read my story, I've been battling this for 12 years. It's not something I can just stop. It's not nearly that simple. It's that thing that you do when youre bored, stressed, or anxious. It's that thing that makes you content for a split second. Until you realize the impact that it had, or...
  • manda1276

trichotillomania

hi, iv been pulling my hair since i was 10 years old, im 20 now im looking for other people stories and answers on how to deal with this, i had just found out what this hair pulling thing is, and i cant stop its so odd explaining it, it feels good its like my fingers are magnets to my head hair and it wont stop till i find that one that feels so good, iv pulled out my eyelashes, eyebrows and now...
  • jennibear

Find Hope for Eyelash/Eyebrow Pulling!

Dear fellow Trich sufferers: I just wanted to share that I've started a free blog site documenting/outlining my personal history (pulled 8 years) and experience with trich, various things I tried to overcome my trich, and real, tangible, generally inexpensive things and my personal protocol I've used to (mostly) stop pulling for 3.5 going on 4 years (I explain what I mean by "mostly" on there as...
  • BeccaM71

Picking-itching Scabs on body

For decades now, i get scabs on arms and back, i pick til they bleed, they scab i pick again, i know its related to my nerves,anxiety issues and often boredom, i have no clue how to stop.i cant ever wear cute tank tops that expose my back. i try to cover with makeup which sort of works. i dont know if im allergic to crap too like dust mites, dairy or sugar that causes the breakouts in first...
  • TRICH_4_HELP

It has a name...

Wow! I am probably the oldest lashes and current hair puller. In the late 70's after my father passed, it started. I haven't been able to stop pulling my lashes or hair all this time. I thought I was alone. My sister's would ask me why, and I did not know. I have been able to stop for short periods up to a month but never more. I really want to stop and to be able to wear mascara. Does anyone...
  • Concernedmama

Trichotillomania by proxy

Hello! I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I found this group with the hope that I can gain insights to help my 15-yr-old daughter who not only pulls her own hair but also the fur, whiskers and eyebrows of our 3 cats. She pulls the cat hair that is "the wrong color" and does much damage to our poor cats' faces! Her therapist almost reported her for animal abuse. Therapy didn't seem to...
  • tkb122112

Trichotillomaina

So I bought a wig this year because of my hair pulling. I'm not a big fan of it but I can NOT fix my hair. The whole top of my head is short and or bald patches. I wear a ball hat or beanie when I can but it's not my style.  I have surgery coming up and I'm having more anxiety over my hair than the surgery itself. I don't know what to do. I can't wear a wig into surgery. Should I shave my head?...
  • Rockyhasanxiety

Hair Twirling

I was wondering if hair Twirling is a form of trichotillomania. I have been doing it since business school back in 2005 and perhaps longer.  Seems to get worse the more stressed I am but also happens when I am calm.  It's just a habit that I can't seem to resist.
  • amandadib

victim of trich

hi everyone. i'm really glad i joined this because it's comforting to know that there are so many other people going through the same thing, and hopefully we can all overcome this. so i started pulling out my hair in the bang area when i was in 5th grade. i didn't realize i was doing it at first until i started to notice bald spots on the top of my head. the pulling continued and i had more...
  • Jess17B

Help!!! PLZ

Hiya!So I've recently got a haircut to even all amy short parts with my regular hair during the school holidays (I live in New Zealand the school year is a bit different. The holidays were 2 weeks ago now) and school is a huge stress on me and I've noticed I've been pulling sooooo much ore than I did before!HELPPLZTIPS ON HOW TO STOP?!
  • empty_calories

Getting help

I can't self-diagnose myself with trich but I don't see what else my pulling out my hair would be? I'm so overwhelmed by my hair loss and its making me loose self confidence. My mom knows about it, but has done nothing after my constant asking. I don't know how to get help and I feel like it going to get worse. I don't know how it will effect me in the future. At the moment it's not doing me any...