Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online
0 Online
  • nicolerek

trich as a teen

I have had trich for about a year and a half and I specifically target hairs that I feel that are not fully perfect. this meaning that I target only my scalps darker, thicker hairs. My hair has always been blonde and have lots of scalp hair, full of volume and its lenght reaches my bottom, I feel like the amount has decreased significantly. My family always tells to stop but I phisically cant. I...
  • I know this post is probably the same as many others here, but any human interaction regarding trich would be greatly appreciated. I have nowhere to go and noone to talk to about this, so I thought I would try one more time here before I give up. After this, I promise I won't just keep reposting, and will try to find some assistance elsewhere. I'm really worried because my pulling is getting...
  • manda1276

trichotillomania

hi, iv been pulling my hair since i was 10 years old, im 20 now im looking for other people stories and answers on how to deal with this, i had just found out what this hair pulling thing is, and i cant stop its so odd explaining it, it feels good its like my fingers are magnets to my head hair and it wont stop till i find that one that feels so good, iv pulled out my eyelashes, eyebrows and now...
  • Hello Folks. Have been a member, though not always active unfortunately, for 5 yrs or more. But could not sign in and had to make a new registration. Hope to see some of the members I recognize on here. When I last posted this forum was very inactive. Hope that has changed. This forum is for support and without active members there is no support. I don't like the new format AT ALL. Anyone else...
  • iamkj

Looking for support

hi everyone, I've just recently joined this page and I am just now realizing how many people live with trich. I have felt alone and awful about myself because I have ttm for quite some time now. When I was younger I was always a nervous child. I had severe anxiety to the point where I would make myself vomit, couldn't sleep and had to change schools. I started seeing a therapist in 5th grade and...
  • Hello everyone. I hope you are well today.This will be my first installment of the story and my struggles of having Trichotillomania. I have chosen the username ThisEndsNow for obvious reasons...Let me start off by telling you a bit about myself. I want to remain relatively anonymous until I have conquered this ridiculous (I say this out of anger) problem we are all facing. Today I will tell you...
  • suki01

A new member.

I just joined this online group because I wanted to talk with people in the same situation as me. I didn't use my real name for obvious reasons so call me Suki~ it's a nickname my family gave me growing up. Anyways, when I was in 5th grade I had planned a sleepover. My friends sadly all canceled and my mom didn't let me go hang out with one of them who was free. So me being mad at my mom I just...
  • CopcoKid

New to the group

Hi everyone. I started pulling when I was about 21. I was unfortunately using meth at the time, and the stress of many many things was weighing on my mind as well. I started picking my skin wherever it broke out, and then soon, started pulling hair on my face and chest. Now I pull on my face, chest, arms, legs, stomach, hands and pubic area. I do this any time I am relaxing alone, and I...
  • cforce

My 7 Year Old

Over 1 year ago my beautiful daughter almost chocked on a mozzarella stick. Before she began pulling her eyelashes, first she stopped eating and got very thin. The school was involved and reassuring her that she was going to be fine. However 2 months later one morning after a large sleepover at my house, this little face came to me for breakfast and was missing many eyelashes. I was stunned. I...
  • Hey, everyone! I'm Lily and I started pulling out my hair in 5th grade. I'm sharing my story in hopes that it may one day help others overcome their trichotillomania.I don't know what triggered it initially or any of that. I just remember when it started and how miserable it made life. I'm sure everyone here knows the story: Ostracized at school, treated like a freak, finding creative ways to...
  • sweetcaroline98

Trich Update

I feel as if it's getting worse. I am now starting to pull out my bottom eyelashes. I am perscribed on Anxiety medicine, but I feel like it's not helping me a whole lot.
  • Hey, I'm new. I've been pulling since I was 11. Eye lashes first, then eye brows, then at 15, I started at my scalp. All my therapists attributed it to anxiety and depression. Well, I'm 27 now and I can say my anxiety doesn't help my urges but I feel like I'm closer than ever to conquering this urge. I have a 2 yr daughter and a lovely husband, who met me while I was bald mind you. My pulling got...
  • I have a 13 year old daughter that has been diagnosed with Trich. As a father it kills me to see her destroy her beautiful hair. The hardest part is seeing new pulled hair and having her tell me she hasn't pulled. How has your parents or friends responded positively that has help you? I have been through the anger stage, that obviously made thing worse. I've tried ignoring it and I get the no one...
  • Hello guys! I'm new to this forum. I began pulling out my eyelashes at the beginning of 2016. It started out where I was just playing with my lashes, but then later developed into me plucking. My plucking is WAY out of control, I pluck: in the classroom, at work, driving, running, watching tv, taking a shower, etc. My parents get mad when I do it, especially in front of them. I can't even where...
  • Hi folks, I'm a 51 year old woman who has had Trich since I was a pre-teen. A couple years ago, I noticed my own pre-teen daughter was pulling. They call this an OCD or a mental health issue, but I wanted to share with you all that eliminating refined sugars (just refined, not naturally occuring sugars, like in fruit, just the white powder stuff, and high-fructose corn syrup) has almost entirely...