Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online
  • Cantstop

Tricks...

I want so badly to stop pulling or better yet to find the cause of my pulling but for now some hints to help me stop are enough!!Please share if you have any....
  • Abby_d1063

Products

I'm not going to tell my entire life story because it seems the more I try to research in gettig answers I get more stories than actual help. With that being said I am wonderin if there are any trich products that actually work or some suggestions on what has worked for any of you. Its not extreme yet and I've been able to start gaining control back so now I was looking to see how to regrow the...
  • marie17

Need advice for my 3 year old

I am in need of advice. This is the closest thing I can find that sounds like what he does. He doesn't touch his hair, he pulls mine (his moms). Started with holding it, was the only thing that would really help calm him, and get him to sleep.  Then he needed to hold it a lot...and then  He started pulling it, and now it's progressed to searching for it on clothing, on the floor, pulling it...
  • Hairpullingmom

Shame

I am 40 years old i can not believe im gonna talk about my shame.  I can not even remember when i started pulling.  Thats how ling ive been doing it. I dont even know when im doing it and when i relize im doing it i start feeling quilty. Bit cant seem to stop. I not only pull but i suck on it roll it in a ball and twist it in my fingers (i call them my fuzzies) i have a bunch on my end table...
  • ibelieve

Me...

I'm a 37 year old woman who has been pulling on and off for 10-15 years.  I don't remember when it started, but remember my first husband making comments about me doing it and continually telling me to stop.  I went through a rough last 3 years with two divorces, single parenting, losing my job and remarriage.  I believe my pulling is related to stress and boredom more than anything else. I...
  • Jadem

My hair pulling

Hi.I have been pulling my hair since the 3rd grade i am now 24. I have never reached out to anyone ever really. Most of my friends and family know about it, but no one really understands it. I am hoping that with me reaching out I will be able to meet more people like me an find away to stop or at least cut back on it. 
  • Imdonewiththis

My oh so long journey

Hi there..... My name is Mel, and I have had Trich for 33 years. ! Phew I said it. Still cant believe its that long. My hair pulling started after the death of my father in a terrorist bomb in London when I was 9 years old. Its started off with me just splitting the ends of my hair and progressed quickly to pulling. I really didnt notice I was doing it for the first year and when I did I just...
  • Hello everyone. I hope you are well today.This will be my first installment of the story and my struggles of having Trichotillomania. I have chosen the username ThisEndsNow for obvious reasons...Let me start off by telling you a bit about myself. I want to remain relatively anonymous until I have conquered this ridiculous (I say this out of anger) problem we are all facing. Today I will tell you...
  • They say we are defined by our actions. Not our words. 7 months ago I created this account and username 'ThisEndsNow.' I was desperate for a new beginning. I was lost and I was searching myself for answers. I begged myself to stop pulling. I desperately wanted to stop. I wanted to understand.  Two days ago I had a major relapse. Even though my hair had been cut to the length a guard-less...
  • lostdirection85

IM NOT A BARBER

IM NOT A BARBER..but I find myself cutting and shaving my hair. I've been doing this for a few years now...always promising myself not to touch it so it can grow out. I break that promise finding myself right back in the mirror trimming and edging... This is a problem
  • Hey everyone, I just joined this group, because well I feel like I need to try everything. I'm at a bad place with the trich right now. I joined a lot of other groups in this daily strength thing, but this is my first post, because this is my biggest struggle right now. And I need help.I have had anxiety and insomina basically my whole life, and trich since I was 14 or so (I am 25 now). As time...
  • ClosetPuller

Getting Away With It

After researching the disease, I realized that it didn't start at 9 years old when I started pulling... I seemed to always have had it. I sucked my thumb until I was nine (which is a symptom) and then it went to hair pulling. My brother, sister, mother, and I all have it. Mine is well hidden- I always pull from different parts of my head and never for too long so that my hair pulling isn't...
  • line_light96

My Journey

I started pulling when i was 9 years old. It all started with my eyelashes, then it moved to my eyebrows, then to the hair on my head. When I was in the 4th grade, I was bullied a lot at school because of my hair pulling and the kids did not want to hang out with a girl who pulls her own hair. My hair pulling got worse in middle school to the point of where I bearly had any hair at all. I looked...
  • cp305

treatments for bald patches

This is not something that I've ever talked to anyone about. I've always thought that pulling out my hair made me weird and crazy and have never wanted to admit to anyone that I do it. I've been pulling out my hair from my scalp since I was about 10 or 11. I've gone through periods where I stopped completely or only pulled out hair on the odd occasion. The last few years have been frustrating,...
  • Hey, everyone! I'm Lily and I started pulling out my hair in 5th grade. I'm sharing my story in hopes that it may one day help others overcome their trichotillomania.I don't know what triggered it initially or any of that. I just remember when it started and how miserable it made life. I'm sure everyone here knows the story: Ostracized at school, treated like a freak, finding creative ways to...