Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online
  • amandadib

victim of trich

hi everyone. i'm really glad i joined this because it's comforting to know that there are so many other people going through the same thing, and hopefully we can all overcome this. so i started pulling out my hair in the bang area when i was in 5th grade. i didn't realize i was doing it at first until i started to notice bald spots on the top of my head. the pulling continued and i had more...
  • Rockyhasanxiety

Hair Twirling

I was wondering if hair Twirling is a form of trichotillomania. I have been doing it since business school back in 2005 and perhaps longer.  Seems to get worse the more stressed I am but also happens when I am calm.  It's just a habit that I can't seem to resist.
  • Jess17B

Help!!! PLZ

Hiya!So I've recently got a haircut to even all amy short parts with my regular hair during the school holidays (I live in New Zealand the school year is a bit different. The holidays were 2 weeks ago now) and school is a huge stress on me and I've noticed I've been pulling sooooo much ore than I did before!HELPPLZTIPS ON HOW TO STOP?!
  • empty_calories

Getting help

I can't self-diagnose myself with trich but I don't see what else my pulling out my hair would be? I'm so overwhelmed by my hair loss and its making me loose self confidence. My mom knows about it, but has done nothing after my constant asking. I don't know how to get help and I feel like it going to get worse. I don't know how it will effect me in the future. At the moment it's not doing me any...
  • Jen1234

My trich story

I've been dealing with trich since I was 12, when my parents divorced. I stopped as soon as someone at school noticed. I went 10 years without pulling until I started planning my wedding. It wasn't bad but got worse when I got pregnant and I've been pulling since (6 years). I joined this group because I don't talk to anyone in my life about this and I'm hoping to talk to people who can relate and...
  • Concernedmama

Trichotillomania by proxy

Hello! I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I found this group with the hope that I can gain insights to help my 15-yr-old daughter who not only pulls her own hair but also the fur, whiskers and eyebrows of our 3 cats. She pulls the cat hair that is "the wrong color" and does much damage to our poor cats' faces! Her therapist almost reported her for animal abuse. Therapy didn't seem to...
  • natattack28

had to try something new

Hello everyone. I am a 20 year old college student who has been pulling my eyelashes for 10 years. I have been doing really well recently and had pretty much full growth back, until today. I am studying for finals, and I know that I pull most when I'm studying but haven't found a way to control myself yet, and so I pulled out most of my upper eyelashes. I was doing so well and now I'm literally...
  • BeccaM71

Picking-itching Scabs on body

For decades now, i get scabs on arms and back, i pick til they bleed, they scab i pick again, i know its related to my nerves,anxiety issues and often boredom, i have no clue how to stop.i cant ever wear cute tank tops that expose my back. i try to cover with makeup which sort of works. i dont know if im allergic to crap too like dust mites, dairy or sugar that causes the breakouts in first...
  • Ariana063002

I'm new here

Hi, i'm almost 15 years old and i have been pulling since i was 8. what is everyone's ways of coping or stopping?? ive tried everything 
  • littleone75

so many questions

hey ! i have this really weird habit especially when i'm stressed( almost all the time) to scratch my face and hair. my skull has my scab now and i try to take them out because it's very ugly which just make my habit worse..any help please(i don't know if this is trico)
  • Ara_Jo

so ye

hey people i am new here and i wanna say i had trichotillomania for 2 years and i promise that even though it is really hard to stop you can do it. i have officially gon two years without puling. unfortunately i thought scratching my head would be better and now my head is covered in scabs and blood, along with my face. please if you are going to do a substitution for pulling DO NOT SCRATCH it...
  • VegAthLes

Time for honesty....

I didnt know this was a thing until relatively recently. I've been pulling since I was in middle school. It's always the stubbly hairs on my legs after I've shaved, and with sharp tweezers. I also dig out ingrown hairs or hairs beneath the skin. I admit that I initially started doing this in an attempt to not self-injure. But now it has taken on a life of its own.
  • trickster2016

Re probiotics and trichotillomania

https://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/articles-1/2016/8/10/examining-the-gut-brain-connection-and-its-implications-for-trichotillomania-treatmentI read a post from a former member on this forum who said he cured his trich with probiotics. I emailed him about a year ago, and he told me the kind he used but I can not recall the name of them. There are so many kinds of probiotics and at different...
  • Inter0stellar

Wow, how do I start?

Trichotillomania is a horrible thing to have. It destroys your self esteem and confidence, It makes you a target of insults and bullying...And those are just some of the effects of having it. I pull out my top eyelashes and my eyebrows and I miss the feeling of lashes on my eyelids and being able to feel real eyebrow hair and not just bare skin covered up by eyebrow pencil. I long for the feeling...
  • ColemanCochran

my trich story

hey guys,i just joined this group and its a huge step for me to take,my mom verbally abused me when i was a baby and whenever i go to her house i start pulling my hair.im just really paranoid that something will happen to my dad when im away from him,kinda like seperation anxiety.do you guys know of anything that would help with my trich problem?if so please tell.