Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

1 Online
  • lubs96

How I've Remained Pull Free for 1 Year

I've been suffering from Trichotillomania for 10 years, and I've managed to stay pull-free for over a year now. I created www.trichieblog.wordpress.com which includes everything I've tried, hair growth products, treatments, and advice from one "Trichster" to the next. Creating this blog helped me stay on the right path, and after all the hardships, tears, pain, and struggles I've dedicated myself...
  • Gussy05

New to this

I have had TTM  for about 12 years. Haven't found a forum quite like this one before. Looks great. Has anyone found anything that helps? I have Tried tangles and St John's wort, barriers and general fiddlys. I want one of those fidget cubes I keep seeing everywhere. Thanks for reading... 
  • deleted_user

sore spots

I was wondering, does anybody else frequently get sore/sensitive spots on their scalp, but nothing is there? These spots basically tell me where to pull from and I will always get a hair with a big root from these spots (which for some reason is my goal). Does anyone have any explanations for this??
  • lubs96

How to Tell Your Date About Trich

I've seen many people ask about Trich and dating, so I've posted "How to Tell Your Date About Trich". It includes tips to approaching the subject with your date (or partner), plus a brief interview with my current boyfriend who, at one point, was hearing about Trich for the first time from me while we first started dating. I hope this helps!
  • marie17

Need advice for my 3 year old

I am in need of advice. This is the closest thing I can find that sounds like what he does. He doesn't touch his hair, he pulls mine (his moms). Started with holding it, was the only thing that would really help calm him, and get him to sleep.  Then he needed to hold it a lot...and then  He started pulling it, and now it's progressed to searching for it on clothing, on the floor, pulling it...
  • Cantstop

Tricks...

I want so badly to stop pulling or better yet to find the cause of my pulling but for now some hints to help me stop are enough!!Please share if you have any....
  • Krystal123

My Trichotillomania Story

I started pulling out my eyelashes when I was in kindergarden. Yes, kindergarden. It started off with me having something in my eye. And when I pulled out an eyelash, it felt good in a way. I liked it, so i pulled out a bunch of them. When I got home, my mom immediately noticed something was wrong with my eyes, because even as a young girl, I had very long, thick eyelashes naturally. I...
  • Laurasaurus

In need of help and hope

I had a bad day yesterday... I pulled for about an hour or more. I have been super stressed, under what seems like a lot of pressure, and this time of year is just difficult all around. I have a large bald spot that i can barely cover with other hair on my head near the back of the crown and slightly to the right. I pulled mostly from the middle and right of the crown and i am devastated. I...
  • Krystal123

My Fight

Today, I was inspired by "ThisEndsNow". I feel free, and I feel strong. This particular blogger said a few words and I would just like to quote them. "I will stop. Because tonight I understand that my strength will be measured by beating the thing that made me the powerful person I am today. From now on when I look in the mirror I will look myself in the eyes and understand that this is over....
  • Awesomerus

Advice for school with Trichotillomania

First I am going to give a little backstory on my trichotillomania, which mostly affects my scalp, I started pulling around 5th grade, and I didn't have noticeable bald spots until around 8th or 9th (mainly because I hid them from parents, teachers, friends, etc.)  I was just really hoping that I could get some advice, already created a bald spot near the front of my scalp where it is very...
  • thisendsnow

Close your eyes and imagine the world you want.

They say we are defined by our actions. Not our words. 7 months ago I created this account and username 'ThisEndsNow.' I was desperate for a new beginning. I was lost and I was searching myself for answers. I begged myself to stop pulling. I desperately wanted to stop. I wanted to understand.  Two days ago I had a major relapse. Even though my hair had been cut to the length a guard-less...
  • ibelieve

Me...

I'm a 37 year old woman who has been pulling on and off for 10-15 years.  I don't remember when it started, but remember my first husband making comments about me doing it and continually telling me to stop.  I went through a rough last 3 years with two divorces, single parenting, losing my job and remarriage.  I believe my pulling is related to stress and boredom more than anything else. I...
  • geli101

New hope

im currently 18. I can't remember a time when I haven't pulled my eyelashes. I pull all the time and have a hard time stopping once I start. After a lot of them are gone can I stop and then I fall into a pit of sadness. I have felt so alone because I didn't know anyone else pulled there eyelashes. I have been reading the posts for a while and I'm surprised by all the people who feel the same...
  • Hairpullingmom

Shame

I am 40 years old i can not believe im gonna talk about my shame.  I can not even remember when i started pulling.  Thats how ling ive been doing it. I dont even know when im doing it and when i relize im doing it i start feeling quilty. Bit cant seem to stop. I not only pull but i suck on it roll it in a ball and twist it in my fingers (i call them my fuzzies) i have a bunch on my end table...
  • Mercedes.in.repair

How do I stop though?

How do I stop pulling my hair and playing with it constantly. Has anyone gotten over this habit?