Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online
  • steppingstones22

Wearing a wig for trich

Hi everyone, I don't really know what the structure of these discussions is supposed to be, but I wanted to talk about wearing wigs and having trich. I've worn a wig for about 7 years now, as it got too embarrassing to have huge bald patches in some areas and thick hair in others. I've had trich for about 10 years now, just for some background. When I first started wearing a wig, I would wear...
  • piano723

New to Site: Teen with GAD and Trichotillomania

Hello! I'm new to this site. I just joined hoping it would help so I could find some tips to stop pulling. And once I've commited to stop pulling, what are some ways I can grow eyelashes/eyebrows back effectively and prefferably fast?
  • greyhame

just joined and definitely needed to

hi everyone! i am so glad i found this website because i had no idea trich was even a thing - i thought i was crazy. I'm completely freaking out because i feel like i have done some perminent damage and i'm so scared. Usually my hair will grow back pretty quick, but tonight i am convinced (with the help of self diagnosis via the internet) that my hair won't grow back. The spots where i have been...
  • Jess17B

Hello!!

Hi I'm JessI'm new to this but hoping I can get some support and know I'm not alone. So I've suffered from Trichotillomania for about a year now. I used to have super long, thick, dark hair that I loved! But thanks to school I started pulling. My mother made a comment saying "what ever you're doing to you hair stop it. It's starting to look ratty". Thanks Mum. It did wonders for my self esteem
  • musicismytherapy

NEW and ashamed.....

Hi everyone I just joined so I thought I would share a litte bit.I am a teenager who currently struggles with trich, but also am figuring out I may have other BFB's. I have been struggling with trich for about two years now, but did not know I had it or what it was until fairly recently. I do not remember the exact time it started, however I remember being so stressed out about school and my...
  • iwanttostop101

Help

I've never gone to a doctor or a therapist to see if I have trichotillomania... But after reading trough some of the posts on here I'm 99.9% positive that I have it. I've been dealing with it for about four years, I was 13 turning 14 years old. I am almost 18 now. I imagine a future everyday where I can just let my hair down and not have to cover certain spots. When I first started pulling it was...
  • Ngirl24

Regrowth after 18-20 years?

i have suffered from trich since I was 10. I am now almost 30... ugh. I have stopped on/off and have seen good regrowth. Lately the growth seems stunted/slow and maybe not at all in some areas. How long should I wait before getting concerned?
  • daamzinasian

Hey...

Hey all. I just got on here to see if there was anyone on. I've recently had a bad day and pulled a lot of my hair out. I was just curious if there was anyone on to talk to. It seems I just can't control my urges as much as I want to. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day.
  • daamzinasian

Newbie, but oldie

Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum and just wanted to give a shout out to all that is going through something like I am. If you want to know the full detail of what I am dealing with, I posted on my profile in my journal. I am dealing with this for 17 years and would like to know how any of you started (if you wanted) and how you dealt with it as well possibly cured/helped reduced the "itch"....
  • lubs96

How I've Remained Pull Free for 1 Year

I've been suffering from Trichotillomania for 10 years, and I've managed to stay pull-free for over a year now. I created www.trichieblog.wordpress.com which includes everything I've tried, hair growth products, treatments, and advice from one "Trichster" to the next. Creating this blog helped me stay on the right path, and after all the hardships, tears, pain, and struggles I've dedicated myself...
  • Gussy05

New to this

I have had TTM  for about 12 years. Haven't found a forum quite like this one before. Looks great. Has anyone found anything that helps? I have Tried tangles and St John's wort, barriers and general fiddlys. I want one of those fidget cubes I keep seeing everywhere. Thanks for reading... 
  • deleted_user

sore spots

I was wondering, does anybody else frequently get sore/sensitive spots on their scalp, but nothing is there? These spots basically tell me where to pull from and I will always get a hair with a big root from these spots (which for some reason is my goal). Does anyone have any explanations for this??
  • lubs96

How to Tell Your Date About Trich

I've seen many people ask about Trich and dating, so I've posted "How to Tell Your Date About Trich". It includes tips to approaching the subject with your date (or partner), plus a brief interview with my current boyfriend who, at one point, was hearing about Trich for the first time from me while we first started dating. I hope this helps!
  • marie17

Need advice for my 3 year old

I am in need of advice. This is the closest thing I can find that sounds like what he does. He doesn't touch his hair, he pulls mine (his moms). Started with holding it, was the only thing that would really help calm him, and get him to sleep.  Then he needed to hold it a lot...and then  He started pulling it, and now it's progressed to searching for it on clothing, on the floor, pulling it...
  • Cantstop

Tricks...

I want so badly to stop pulling or better yet to find the cause of my pulling but for now some hints to help me stop are enough!!Please share if you have any....