Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online
  • trichresearch

Trich & Hormone Changes

Hi Everyone,I know that this is quite a personal question for the ladies of the group to answer but, I was just wondering, do you think that your pulling is anyway connected to the stages of your menstrual cycle?Do you find that you pull more at certain times of the month than others?Thank you
  • trickyster1

My first time here

This is the first time I have joined a support group. I really want to stop pulling but I cant! I don't know how to deal with this anymore. Do any hair growth products work?
  • Xardoz

Hi Intro

I'm really trying to commit to growing my hair back in before its too late. It freaks out my friends and family and they will often catch me in the act and shame me for it. Its hard to really describe whats happening in my brain to them. I can actually feel the hairs like pins and needles until I pull, usually more during times of stress. The longest I have been able to grown them back out has...
  • Amandal22

Trying to stop

I've been pulling my eyelashes since I was 7 and eyebrows since 20, I'm now 30 and want to stop! Just was wondering if there were any ideas on how to do that and what product works for getting them to grow quicker. 
  • wildflowers44

Methyl Folate

Hi everyone,I just wanted to post my experience, in case this could help anyone out. A few months ago, I had a genetic test done and found out I have the MTHFR gene mutation, which means I cannot metabolize folic acid, which is essential for brain functioning. I started taking methyl folate (it has to be methyl folate, though, as this is different from regular folic acid). They have a...
  • puppysnow

time goes fast and still pulling

wow! it has been over 6 years since I have done a post and it is amazing how much of my life has changed except my hairpulling.  I also forgot how much this website helpled me when I was using it.  There was a time where I did have almost all of my eyelashes back, and in a quick day I pulled them all out again and still doing it. My last post was Oct 2011.  So where am I today.  My kids that...
  • TiredOfPulling

New to sharing

Hello all. I've been pulling since I was 10 and am currently 27. It started with my hairline until I noticed my hair wasn't growing back, and even in 5th grade I was a bit vain. The areas I've focused on pulling are my lower legs and under my bellybutton. My legs are so bad right now, but I can't stop. I shaved today so I wouldn't have any hair to pull. Usually I pull once a day for about an hour...
  • SerenityPrayer3

HAIR PULLING CAUSES?

Hi, I've noticed my daughter hair started thinning out on the right side in the back of her head. I thought it was the shampoo i was using, or maybe her sleeping on her back. Ive been noticing she pulls her hair in her sleep. why is she doing this in her sleep? does this come from anxiety? is it painful? should i be worried? im going to take her to the doctor to see if i can get more answers
  • since2010

Trich

Hi, I’m new to this page so I don’t really know how it works but I’m 15 years old, I’ve been pulling since I was around 8, I’m also self diagnosed (my parents know but they’ve never spoken to me about it and every time I go to the hospital I get too embarrassed and deny it) and I have baldish patches on the top of my head, at both sides and hair growing back at the back of my head....
  • cupcake1012

Trichotillomania

I've had trichotillomania for about 6 years already. It started when I got bullied in school and when I started going through depression too. My parents know about my hairpulling but they don't know how it started, they just know I have it, and have taken me to many specialized counselors and help groups, but nothing has worked. Everytime they discover a bald spot, they get really angry at me and...
  • trichresearch

Feelings After Pulling

How do you feel immediately after you pull?I hope you all are having a great weekend
  • trichresearch

Other Mental Health Problems?

Other than trichotillomania, do any of you suffer from any other mental health problems?
  • Trichster724

Night Pulling

Does anyone pull in their sleep?? I went to bed last night and I pulled a little before bed but I didn't think i did it that much. When I woke up all my eyelashes (the few that I had left) were gone :( My eyes are so sore now. I try to control my pulling during the day but if I do it when I'm sleeping how the hell am I ever supposed to stop?
  • A1one

Clean lids

After years of being able to control my plucking urges I pulled all of my lashes out (top & bottom). Words cannot express what I feel. Somebody please give me some encouragement...PLEASE
  • Amandal22

Tired

I'm so sick of pulling and nothing I do is working. I pull when I'm bored, mad, happy it doesn't matter bc I pull all the time. I've pulled so much that I'm bald on my eyelids and whenever they start to grow back, I just pull them out again! I've tried therapy when I was younger and it kind of worked for a while, but now I'm wondering if there are any meds that have worked for any of you. I want...