Scoliosis Support Group

Scoliosis affects all ages. Unlike the naturally occurring curves in the spine, scoliosis causes the spine to curve abnormally to the left or right.

0 Online
  • Smol.Dragon.Child.

hi...

hi im 15 and in the middle of the school last year i was told by the school nurse that i might have scoliosis. My mom decided to take me to a doctor in tampa he has really good reviews well in september i had my next check up with him but then we got a hurrican so we couldnt make it. Last tuesday we got the chance to go i had to take x-rays agin and come to find out in the spand of the time i...
  • thornesaab

Can you explain WHY scoliosis ISN'T my fault?

People tell me I didn't worsen or cause my scoliosis. How is that?
  • LizB.

surgery

Hi! I'm 42 years old with 54 degree. Thinking about getting surgery, but scared. Does anyone have recommendations or stories?
  • eightyseven

Feedback on Treatment!

Hi all, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. It has been heartbreaking for me to read some of your stories. I have nothing but the utmost respect and care for yall.I am currently working with an orthopedist who is developing a new treatment that helps eliminate the need for surgery by proactively treating scoliosis. We are wanting to understand your needs from your point of view...
  • thornesaab

Why the hell did I get scoliosis!!???

I knew that it was my fault that I got this shitty scoliosis. Its 25° S curve we discovered it at 19 years. Now im 20 and my weight is good. But from 16 to 19 years I was only weighing 55 kg because of mental illness. Its very likely I got it because of that! It was probably a lack of calcium or some minerals and my severe underweight. (Im male) 55 kg at 16 to 19 years as a boy is too low. Of...
  • LauraMC

Back to website after hiatus

Hi all. My name is Laura, I'm 52 years old, married with two grown sons. I started having spinal issues in 2001 when I had a cervical fusion. Since then I have had 8 back surgeries with numbers 6 & 7 creating problems. I have adult onset scoliosis due in part to my last two surgeries which my surgeon tells me were BAD!!! My curve was 49 degrees and I was in pain constantly and couldn't walk more...
  • Alienaubs

My mom doesnt believe im in pain

I am a 21 year old with a baby. I had my first surgery for scoliosis when I was 14 and got mrsa from the rods when I was 15 and had them removed. My mom claims that I'm not in pain and that I use it as an excuse to not do anything. I was hoping I could find some one who could possibly talk to my mom or even just let me show her your story about living with scoliosis. 
  • kidkarma90

Scoliosis Surgery Wait Times

I recently discovered that my scoliosis has progressed and will require surgery to correct. I'm still in the process of finding a surgeon inside my insurance network, but I'm curious as to how long I'll have to wait for the surgery once I meet with whoever I pick. I'm living in the U.S. If you've had this surgery, how long did you have to wait to have it? Was it pretty quick, or were you put on a...
  • saumyagupta

Scoliosis treatment options

Hi all, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. It has been heartbreaking for me to read some of your stories. I have nothing but the utmost respect and care for yall. I love that this is a safe place for us to come together and support one another.I am currently working with an orthopedist who is developing a new treatment that helps eliminate the need for surgery by proactively...
  • I have anxiety because of scoliosis.. Help me sort this out!!For years this has been bothering me. It keeps me from having a good time and even a bit from giving my best when working out... I'm a bit depressed. Everyone says the causes for scoliosis are unknown but listen to my case and give me a clear answer. Did I cause or make my scoliosis worse by having had a poor diet and severe...
  • enigmaticloner

Adult Back Brace

I recently started seeing another chiropractor that specializes in scolisis and he has recommended me a back brace for me to wear a few hours a day to help prevent my curve from progressing and also to help with the back pain that I've been getting over the years. My question is has anyone here worn a back brace as an adult and if so have you seen any help with being able to stand longer and/or...
  • mistergreen90

Is scoliosis my fault? :(

At 16 to 18 years I lost weight down to 55 kg as a male due to anxiety and psychosis in school. I dont think there were mineral or calcium defficiences since we made blood tests and such. But at 19 years I got diagnosed with a 25° S curve scoliosis. At 19 years I started to gain weight fast and now my weight is good (normal).Was that the cause of my scoliosis? Having little muscle and being...
  • thornesaab

Is scoliosis my fault in any way? Did I worsen it?

At 19 years Ive been diagnosed with scoliosis. Im 20 years old now. (Male)Ever since Im worrying a lot about it and cant get it out of my head. I also workout (a little bit) 3 days per week or so, sometimes less or more. (For 1 hour a day)It hinders me a little from working out. I get anxious when thinking about it because I think its my fault.My mother always tells me its my fault or at least I...
  • Mariko

Harrington rod surgery

Hi,  I've had a 14 inch  harrington rod implant 41 years ago come this july.  I have constant pain and have difficulty walking now. I'm just looking for similar persons around my age to talk to. I live in Hawaii and I don't know any other person who has had this surgery done, even though it was performed at Tripler Army Medical Center. It would be nice to talk to someone who can relate to what...
  • mistergreen90

Is scoliosis purely congenital?

Do you agree/disagree with this statement? "A poor diet can cause or worsen many conditions. Lack of essential nutrients make it impossible for your body to heal normal wear and tear or replace cells that naturally die as part of normal processes. But, Scoliosis can be related to many things; it could even be worsened by a common sitting position where you twist or lean to one side most of the...