Scoliosis Support Group

Scoliosis affects all ages. Unlike the naturally occurring curves in the spine, scoliosis causes the spine to curve abnormally to the left or right.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hey everyone!I might have posted this before a long time ago, so I apologize if I did, but it's worth another try.I'm using an alternative method to manage and (in my case) even reduce my curves and rotation, and I'm doing this without bracing or surgery. It's work, but it's working and I'm very happy.The problem is, I can't seem to find others like me! I would love to connect with other...
  • My ten year old, who was diagnosed a little over a month ago with scoliosis, has been having a nausea problem...It's the strangest thing. She wakes up in the middle of the night, always around the same time (between 3-5am), and gets sick. She throws up and feels nauseated.The rest of the time, she's completely fine. She eats normal during the day, there's no fever, even at the time when she's...
  • kyraschildt

New here!(:

Hello! I guess that I'm just going to share my story. I noticed in 2015 in around October that I started getting a lot of back pain. In around March I went to the chiropractor. She said that my shoulders looked uneven. At fourteen she sent me off for x-rays and determined that the curve was going away from my heart. (Yay!) I went to an orthopedist, and he determined that I had a very, very small...
  • amandasmith

tramadol er

well, i am trying tramadol er, i haven't noticed any pain relief yet and i took it at 3.46pm and its now 7.33 pm. when is this thing gonna kick in? crap i really don't want to go back to the regular tramadol bc i always take too much.
  • After my second scoli surgery, they had me fitted for a back brace which I only needed to wear for a few months post-op. And that has left me thinking, now what do I do with it? Obviously, I can't give it to anyone because it's fitted to my particular body shape and curvature. Are there organizations/hospitals/medical facilities/etc. that take these and melt down and/or recycle the parts?...
  • After being told at 20 i had Scoliosis, and told there was surgery but at 20 too old for it.I went before growing up not able to wait in lines i had to sit on the ground.....then latter same thing.As i had 5 kids, i had to do dishes, cook etc.....i found i couldnt stay standing up ended up half bent. I went to Carapactors (miss spell) they made me hurt. But my then husband insisted....I went...
  • kaitlinkay

This is me.

I`m kaitlin, i was born with congenital scoliosis. my curve is greater than 90 degrees so in other words no fckn doctor will operate. i have three ribs on one side, one kidney, hearts on the opposite side of where its suppose to be if i was ``normal`` ... i got tortured everyday in school.. hated it. i get stared at everywhere i go, but hey im not asking for anybodys pity. i have a great family...
  • I get so tired of being in pain every day. i try to exercise and it seems to cause me more problems, well pain. I am just getting fed up and aggravated, i can't do things like everybody else bc of my stupid back. I need to work but how can i. any thoughts on how to cope?
  • sarahlouiseuk

Hi from Sarah

My name is Sarah and i am 32 years old. I was born with Scoliosis and Spina Bifida Occulta. I chose not to have surgery for Scoliosis because of the risks if i did have it.
  • I had a Harrington rod fusion at the age of 12. I am now 46. After my surgery, I had a rapid growth spurt. I developed a 75 degree curve above my thoracic-lumbar fusion. Up until about 8 months ago, I was symptom free. I carried my son to full term and led an active life with no pain. I know have right scapular pain and diminished lung capacity. I saw a neurosurgeon who specializes in...
  • Hi, Im Shay and can relate with a lot of you. I had herrington rod and fusion at age 14, At 40, the lumbar discs below the fusion deteriorated and i underwent another fusion of L4-S1. That helped the low baclk pain but recently i have had severe neck pain and MRI shows it is compressed and pushing on nerves.Is this a result of the 2nd surgery? i was not told that his could happen. I am scared I...
  • titaniumx2

New to the site.

I just joined this site after finding the scoliosis section. I had surgery two years ago and it's been rough. I had a double curvature and both degrees were around sixty. At times I'm glad I got the surgery, but lately I regret it so much. It's such a constant battle to deal with my pain and immobility. I've tried PT and pain killers and even therapy for it, but nothing seems to work. I really...
  • amandasmith

new here

Hello everyone. I was born with scoliosis nothing was ever done to correct it. I am now 35. I am in constant pain and have numbness. I was hoping to meet some new friends who share my condition.
  • sarahlouiseuk

New here

Hi. My name is Sarah and i am 31 years old. I was born with Scoliosis. I chose not to have surgery because of the risks if i did have it.I enjoy eating out, going to social clubs, going to bingo, listening to music, watching TV or films and using the internet.
  • rskb3

Hi, Everyone!

Hello, I am new to this support group but not new to daily strengths groups. I am a mother of 2; my daughter is 14 and my son is 11. My 14 year old was diagnosed with scoliosis in April when I took her in to a chiropractor. Her back pain seemed to get worse and worse over the summer. I took her to see an Orthopedist and we did an MRI on her and the Dr. said that her bones look good and healthy as...