Scoliosis Support Group

Scoliosis affects all ages. Unlike the naturally occurring curves in the spine, scoliosis causes the spine to curve abnormally to the left or right.

0 Online
  • Being a mother of one and only daughter I just found out my daughter has scoliosis.. Her degree is 57.  Surgery is recommended however I am terrified! I ask myself am I doing the right thing.  Is there any other parents out there with a daughter that is 12 years old and going though the decision process of doing what's right?  Please help.. Any support would be kindly appreciated.  Thank...
  • kristengirlie

need help

I'm 18 years old and had spine fusion 8 years ago. My doctor insisted I have it done has soon as they diagnosed me with scoliosis. I had a 65 degree curve. After the surgery, the doctor told me I didn't need to do pt or anything, just rest. A year after my surgery, I started having back pain. I've gone back to the doctor every year, and they just say the pain is part of it. It has gotten worse...
  • I'm 15, I noticed my spine was not straight about 3 years ago. I didn't know what it was back then, so I did research and came to the conclusion of scoliosis. I asked my parents to take me to the doctor to get checked out, but unfortunately, they didn't take it seriously enough. I asked them throughout the years but got the same answer. This summer, I was hiking, and the pain got so bad, I...
  • this summer, my back got worse and I started crying every night because how much my back hurted me so my parents decided to take to another doctor, the first doctor said that I had DDD and I researched it for weeks and I felt every symptom so I felt it was true. Anyways, it got worse so they decided to take me to another that told me I had scoliosis and i was late. I don't know exactly what I...
  • Drutigliano

I am looking for insight from anyone who can tell me what life is like after surgery. My scoliosis was discovered at 13 and doctors wanted to operate... I refused, wanting my childhood and teens years to be uninterrupted and stay in all althetic programs.  I have an S shaped curve the biggest one being 55 degree. I am now 24 and considering the option of surgery heavily. However, I am terrified,...
  • Inpaininga

Scoliosis after back surgery

Hello. My name is Pam and I'm a 52 yo mother of 3 and grandmother of 5. Just to give you a little history I had back surgery in 2002 for spondylolisthesis. They fused L4-S1. I started pain management in 2004 for a host of issues caused by the surgery. Fast forward until 2010 when I first started noticing I wasn't standing exactly upright or straight. The few doctors I saw would not due testing...
  • sarahlouiseuk

Hi my name is Sarah

HiMy name is Sarah and i am 32 years old.  I live in the UK.  I was born with Scoliosis.  I chose not to have surgery because of the risks if i did have it.  I am small for my age (4ft) because of Scoliosis.I created a  Facebook group for people who have Scoliosis and are small for their age (under 5ft).  Here is the link if you want to join
  • ChelseaB20

So I've been having chronic back pain. It all started when I was 20 I had fell off of a bunk bed(on the top) onto the edge of a drawer on my spine,bounced then fell inside of it. One of my legs is longer than the other. I have a pelvic tilt and I have a small curve at the bottom of my spine. Ever since then I've had really bad back pain. I also get really bad migraines. I'm doing Botox. Is there...
  • e3run

Just diagnosed today

I am 44, and at a physical today, my doctor informed me I have mild scoliosis. I have never gotten this diagnosis until now. It does explain some things, and how I have popping and cracking of my spine, and my neck pops A LOT. Anyone else have this happen? Just wanted to know what to expect. It is mild, and he said, located cervical/thoracic region. It just floors me. I had no idea!
  • enigmaticloner

Chest Pain

Does anyone else get chest pain on either their right or left side? I get it on occasion and it's usually felt when I move or take a deep breathe. Also I notice some shortness of breath. I'm just curious as to if this is truly caused by scoliosis or not. I used to go to a cardiologist when I was younger to see if it was coming from the heart but back then they said that my heart was fine. I'm...
  • hopesmiles

i am aggravated bc my back is killing me! i take tramadol 100mg once a day and neurontin 300mg at night. i am still hurting! whats the point of taking them if i dont get any relief! and then tramadol you have to keep going up on the dose to get pain relief!! fed up!what do yall do for scoliosis pain?3 0 Update Delete
  • ellesilva

Anyone using alternative methods?

Hey everyone!I might have posted this before a long time ago, so I apologize if I did, but it's worth another try.I'm using an alternative method to manage and (in my case) even reduce my curves and rotation, and I'm doing this without bracing or surgery. It's work, but it's working and I'm very happy.The problem is, I can't seem to find others like me! I would love to connect with other...
  • deleted_user

Scoliosis and Nausea?

My ten year old, who was diagnosed a little over a month ago with scoliosis, has been having a nausea problem...It's the strangest thing. She wakes up in the middle of the night, always around the same time (between 3-5am), and gets sick. She throws up and feels nauseated.The rest of the time, she's completely fine. She eats normal during the day, there's no fever, even at the time when she's...
  • kyraschildt

New here!(:

Hello! I guess that I'm just going to share my story. I noticed in 2015 in around October that I started getting a lot of back pain. In around March I went to the chiropractor. She said that my shoulders looked uneven. At fourteen she sent me off for x-rays and determined that the curve was going away from my heart. (Yay!) I went to an orthopedist, and he determined that I had a very, very small...
  • amandasmith

tramadol er

well, i am trying tramadol er, i haven't noticed any pain relief yet and i took it at 3.46pm and its now 7.33 pm. when is this thing gonna kick in? crap i really don't want to go back to the regular tramadol bc i always take too much.