Pulmonary Embolism Support Group

By far the most common form of pulmonary embolism is a thromboembolism, which occurs when a blood clot, generally a venous thrombus, becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, pain during breathing, and more rarely circulatory instability and death.

0 Online
  • Seeking_Guidance

Paranoid about another clot?

I have been dealing with a DVT in my left calf for only a few weeks. Is it normal to feel paranoid about getting another DVT elsewhere in my body even though I am on blood thinners? Yesterday I didn't walk much. Today when I walked I felt a sharp sudden pain in my right calf. I'm wondering if I'm being paranoid about another clot. 
  • Seeking_Guidance

Diagnosed three weeks ago. Have a strange symptom

Hello,I was diagnosed with a DVT three weeks ago. Several days later, I was diagnosed with a PE. The doctors said I caught both very early and neither are life threatening. I was told the symptoms will come and go for about two weeks. I was prescribed Eliquis/Apixaban and sent home.Since then, I've been to the ER twice. Both times it was because my heart starting beating very fast and I felt a...
  • TheNoodle123

Waiting on a follow up...

Keeping you all updated again on this adventure of why my symptoms have suddenly returned. I went to my PCP yesterday, but he was out of town and his primary NP was booked all week. So I went to see the new NP, who I was a little wary about because I had never dealt with her before, but she was fantastic! She was a fresh pair of ears and asked so many questions and went above and beyond my...
  • TheNoodle123

My initial chest pain has returned.

Hey all, updating on my warm chest issue. I figured that the best way to describe it is that my chest feels like it has a fever - skin is hot to the touch, not an internal warmth like heartburn. Luckily, it seems like in the last two days, the warmth has started to go away and I haven't had to use ice packs quite as much.Unfortunately, the initial chest pain from after I was discharged from the...
  • Cooper6

Multifocal Submassive Bilateral Pulmonary Embolism

Hey guys,I am 6 months into my recovery, just need to vent a little and share my story.It all started months before I was diagnosed. I had noticed my left arm was a little larger than my right. It was a small difference but noticible. I also started to blue veins from my heart to my shoulder becoming more prominent (collateral veins). Typical guy, didn't think anything of it. Went on a 2 week...
  • arain

Brain Fog, depression, and anxiety

Hi I was recently diagnosed with PE two months ago and I am just now noticing a certain "brain fog" or confusion lately. It began to scare me because I thought it was all in my head but my doctor told me it was common. My question is do you guys know if it's the medication or what? Also, is depression a symptom? I've just noticed most days I don't want to do anything other than sleep and just a...
  • nurseamy93

18 days out of PE. Still tired and winded

OK today I decided to mop my kitchen and after a task that would take me no time I am winded, heart rate in the 140s, and I'm worn out. On day 18 from DVT/PE and wondering how long does it take. I know I've read the other posts but I see my doctor tomorrow to discuss my echo results and recovery time. 
  • bethwill75

Hi I'm new here

Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Beth. I'm a 41 yo mom and wife. I am 12 days post op of a hip arthroscopy surgery to repair my labrum. A few days post op I had pain and mild swelling and lots of redness and heat in my foot. My calf hurt. Next day started experiencing shortness of breath, sweating, nausea, fainting, dizziness, anxiety, hives. I thought I was reacting to my meds. I...
  • RaquelS

Night time anxiety again

I have night time anxiety very severe since my DVT and PE diagnosis on January 16th.I am so sick and tired of this. As soon as it gets dark, like around 7 pm, I start having this anxiety. I start feeling more aware of every ache, pain and wonder if my breathing is ok ...ughI almost had my husband drive me to the ER around 8:30 but decided that it was just anxiety againDoes anyone here know how...
  • SarahDawn86

Post PE Pain - What is normal?

I was diagnosed with small PEs in both lungs on 12/5/16 and am on Xarelto for 3-6 months depending on my progress.  Mostly, I think I am recovering quite well but still suffer from some discomfort and pain.  I was just wondering what other people's recovery pains were like.  My pains are random and and can be in my back one day, breast bone another day, pain that feels like it is my heart...
  • SarahDawn86

After Treatment Questions

I am supposed to have an appointment with my doctor in about a month to see if I can stop my treatment on Xarelto or if I need to be on it for the full 6 months.  I was just wondering if anyone had any advice about coming off of Xarelto or what questions I need to be asking at my appointment?  I do not have any clotting disorders and they think my clots were caused by my birth control pill,...
  • TheNoodle123

My chest gets warm and limits my breathing.

Hey everybody, I'm an old returning user after feeling fantastic for a few years. I was diagnosed with two small clots in my lungs caused by hormonal birth control on 4/4/2014. I was on Warfarin for 6 months and did not have any blood disorders - hooray!Ever since my PE, my chest gets warm every now and then. Stupidly warm. And it hurts. It's not throbbing pain, it's not sharp or stabbing, it's...
  • nurseamy93

Rain and pain

ok so we are having rain in southern Georgia and this is bringing on the pain in my back with a vengeance. Anyone having that or has that pain with rain?
  • 89BLA

Muscle Twitches

I'm an active 27-year-old non-smoker and was diagnosed with bilateral PEs in September 2016.  I have been on Xarelto since then.  The doctors never determined where the clots originated but said it was likely my leg(s).  Scans of my legs did not show any clots while I was in the hospital.Lately, I have been having muscle twitches in my calf, which catches my attention every time and makes me...
  • Nickamm

Exhausted

I was diagnosed 1-3 with pe with respiratory failure. Released on 1-6 with no restrictions. I take 15 mg xarelto twice daily.Since coming home I'm simply exhausted all the time and very down. It has been cloudy and rainy day in and day out which can make ya blah but I'm normally a pretty busy person and have just hit a wall.I guess  wondering how long is normal recovery before going back to work...