Pulmonary Embolism Support Group

By far the most common form of pulmonary embolism is a thromboembolism, which occurs when a blood clot, generally a venous thrombus, becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, pain during breathing, and more rarely circulatory instability and death.

0 Online
  • nurseamy93

Going back to work

Hey yall So today is week four of my DVT/PE and tomorrow I go back to my floor nursing job. Saw doctor on Wednesday and he really wanted me to stay out one more weekend (only work sat and sun). But I'm not sob and no pain upon inspiration. I still have achyness and back/chest pain after a day of running errands and housework. Usually by a night of rest I don't have it.  One thing alittle...
  • Nickamm

Exhausted

I was diagnosed 1-3 with pe with respiratory failure. Released on 1-6 with no restrictions. I take 15 mg xarelto twice daily.Since coming home I'm simply exhausted all the time and very down. It has been cloudy and rainy day in and day out which can make ya blah but I'm normally a pretty busy person and have just hit a wall.I guess  wondering how long is normal recovery before going back to work...
  • arain

Brain Fog, depression, and anxiety

Hi I was recently diagnosed with PE two months ago and I am just now noticing a certain "brain fog" or confusion lately. It began to scare me because I thought it was all in my head but my doctor told me it was common. My question is do you guys know if it's the medication or what? Also, is depression a symptom? I've just noticed most days I don't want to do anything other than sleep and just a...
  • Amani

Going off Xarelto--resuming triathlon training

I'm a 57 year-old who attempted my first Ironman Triathlon last August. Though I was well-trained, I finished the swim and bike but after 13.1 miles of the run I had nothing left and dropped out (it was pouring rain and a really tough course). Nine days later I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack, but it turned out I had acute pancreatitis, a blood clot in my IVC and blood clots...
  • nurseamy93

Rain and pain

ok so we are having rain in southern Georgia and this is bringing on the pain in my back with a vengeance. Anyone having that or has that pain with rain?
  • shevvy

Cramp in leg

It's been a month since my PE and I'm on blood thinners and almost feel back to normal. I had a cramp in my calf while sleeping last night that I was able to get worked out by walking and rubbing it but I'm scared. Is it possible I could be having a DVt even though I'm on blood thinners ?
  • HCH2017

3 wks post DVT & PE Diagnosis & 12 Day Hospital St

After a chest cold turned into Bronchitis that went misdiagnosed for 8 wks, and then would not heal, I was rushed to ER and a sharp young intern ordered an immediate CT Scan as my vitals were off the charts. No idea my diagnosis would be so bleak.I had been training for a Comeback Triathlon, following 2 broken ankles, MRSA, and 11 months of Lymphedema. 7 months of disciplined eating, and 2 hrs...
  • smj2

Costochondritis

Took a trip to the ER today after experiencing a lot of severe pain and anxiety.  Since I've been off Coumadin for two weeks, I didn't want to take any chances. My PCP had previously suggested my ongoing pain was from costochondritis and now again today, the ER doctor said the same thing since my d-dimer came back negative and chest X-ray was clear.Anyone have any coping mechanisms for dealing...
  • smj2

SAHM after PE

I have two little ones (2 & 3 - they're 15 months apart) and sometimes I just find it so hard! My husband is a firefighter and works 24 hour shifts, so when I'm having bad days and he's at work, it's just so hard!Anyone have any advice on how to deal? My inlaws live close by, but I'm not the type of person to ask for help unless I really need it (like having to go to the hospital).
  • soola

Paranoia strikes again

Been on Lovenox shots/thinners since last May.  Today I slipped on the driveway and banged my knee (my REPLACED knee, darn it!)  Now I'm paranoid of forming a bruise and maybe another clot. I actually see the hematologist tomorrow so I'll mention it, but right now I'm icing it and trying to decide if I should be moving the knee or keeping it still.  I guess once you have PEs and DVTs you just...
  • 90sgirl

Diagnosed with PE at 13 weeks pregnant

Hey everyone reading this. So I was diagnosed with a PE resulted from DVT in early October this year. I am now 25 weeks pregnant and on 2 enoxaparin (clexane) injections a day. I guess I joined this group because I am so frustrated by the lack of information given to me about this condition by health care professionals. I complained about chest pains, shortness of breath etc to my doctor 3 times...
  • nurseamy93

18 days out of PE. Still tired and winded

OK today I decided to mop my kitchen and after a task that would take me no time I am winded, heart rate in the 140s, and I'm worn out. On day 18 from DVT/PE and wondering how long does it take. I know I've read the other posts but I see my doctor tomorrow to discuss my echo results and recovery time. 
  • smj2

PE and schlerotherapy?

I was diagnosed with PE on October 1 after going in to the ER for what I thought was complications from bronchitis.To make a long story short, I had been undergoing schlerotherapy injections (foam solution injected in vericose veins in my legs) on a weekly basis for the previous eight weeks. I had my last injection two days before my diagnosis and had this really strange sensation, but wrote it...
  • LandmanMichael

Pulmonary embolism follow up

All,Good morning! Just wanted to see how everyone was doing. Now that the  new years break is over I am hoping to hear from all my doctors to see where we go from here and to assess the results of the chest x-ray, ekg and CT scan that were done in the ER on 1/1/17.I'm out on a cardio walk now so physically I feel good. I was able to work some from home yesterday and that was good. It's just the...
  • TGrove

How long did it take???

I was diagnosed with a PE a couple of weeks ago (after about three weeks of being misdiagnosed) and was put on Xarelto. I have had severe chest pressure and bad pains in my chest and it's not going away. The Dr basically tells me to stay on the Xarelto and that pain and discomfort is normal. There are times I'm close to going back to the ER. How long will this go on? Why am I not getting any...