Pulmonary Embolism Support Group

By far the most common form of pulmonary embolism is a thromboembolism, which occurs when a blood clot, generally a venous thrombus, becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, pain during breathing, and more rarely circulatory instability and death.

0 Online
  • Hi everyone!  I haven't been on this board in ages!  Almost two years ago I had a pulmonary embolism while I was 19 weeks pregnant.  Since then things have been pretty good (after all the initial anxiety anyway) and now I barely think about it except to take precautions in certain cases.  I do also have an anxiety disorder and a lot of times worries just pop in my head:)  Over the course of...
  • faredtsbc

2.5 years after massive DVT/PE

Hello everyoneHope all are doing well..Here is my profile and my concern follows it:I had a massive DVT/PE (as my doctor described it). No obvious reason after all tests have been done. I chose to do a surgery to remove the clot and the results were amazing concerning the DVT. My doctor put me on xarelto, I took it for 10 months and quit taking it myself and I did not follow up with my doctor...
  • deleted_user

Black mold and blood clots

Hi All, I just found some interesting info about a dangerous species of black mold causing blood clots, PE's and various lung problems. We have lots of black mold in our home - especially the lower level where I am livng post PE right now! I hear you can have the black mold tested to see if it is one of the species that causes lung problems or not. Anyone else live in a home with black...
  • Anonymous-33

Relieve Anxiety Quickly with these links

Hi everyone,Here are a few links I'm listening to to reduce the nightly stress of falling asleep. I found them on google I have no affiliation. I am just saying they seem to be keeping my anxiety to a tolerable level.Panic Attack Calm downhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeM2yhULSVMBody Scan Meditation (rmb recommendation thanks rmb!)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7xGF8F28zoGive these a try if...
  • I was just diagnosed with my first PE on September 27, 2016.  I was at work, and out of nowhere, I experienced severe pain on the righthand flank side of my back.  It was incredibly painful to breath.  Thinking it was a muscle strain, I tried to stretch and move around some.  As the pain only got worse, a colleague thought that it was best to call 911.  When the EMT spoke with me, she said...
  • So, the biggest challenge I am having with this life changing condition is deciphering the physical sensations:  real (trip to ER), FEAR (triggered by anxiety) and residual pain, during recovery . Today I thought I was going into ER after getting no sleep from 3am to 11am. It was an  "up all night monitoring my swollen left leg and calf pain marathon"  Reminicient of my first DVT.  I told...
  • soola

Pneumonia shots

My oncologist said that my PEs were not a contraindication for the Pneumonia vaccine.  When I went my regular doctor and she said "no pneumonia shots until you're 65".  Now I've been told that people with  health or immune system problems are told to go ahead and get the pneumonia shots before they're 65.  Wouldn't you think that clots in your lungs would qualify us for earlier shots for...
  • Flove

My darkest day

Today is my darkest day. I'm 2 mo out from my DVT/PE. The Xarelto seems to be working but how do you really know.  I have all the symptoms I originally had such as shortness of breath, chest pain and calf achiness. It comes and goes.  I just started zoft today. But......I can't stop crying. I can't stop thinking about dying. I'm so afraid of my 12 year old growing up without me that I can't...
  • Anonymous-33

Hi there support group after minor surgery 3 weeks ago. i developed and caught early enough A pulmonary embolism ( small medium size blood clots in each lung ) ..Since then my life feels like im in the twighlight zone. I was told by trusted doctors that if i experience any new sensations i should go to emergency room .. Well in the last two weeks i have had many visits to er all showing...
  • ColoradoPE

First PE

I went to my doctor last Monday because I was having shortness of breath,  which I have never had before. I informed the NP that my father and brother literally dropped dead from a heart attack and I was concerned because I knew symptoms in women can be different. I had also has a previous DVD, but she didn't actually concerned about that or she did not read my file.  After a normal EKG and the...
  • ColoradoPE

Has anyone else had a continuous cough?Other than a symptom,  I cannot find any information post diagnosis.
  • It has been 2 months since I went to the ER for an extreme stabbing pain I was having with ever single breath. We were on vacation in Kona, Hawaii; SCUBA diving, deep sea fishing, touring the island. The last week my symptoms began, slowly. First a shortness of breath while hiking on Mauna Kea, chalked that up to the altitude. Second, an aching in my back, we thought that perhaps I had strained a...
  • Jojo82

Hi allI am from Australia and this is my second round of multiple PEs on both lungs within 4 yrs. Ontop of PEs this time I have been diagnosed with possible ovarian cancer and am having an operation early November.Has anyone been taken off Warfarin and onto injections? for me they are called Clexane I am fearing I will clot from my operation and have complications as my oncologist is very much...
  • soola

Lovenox injections

I've been giving myself 150 ml of lovenox via injection every day now since May.  I've gotten much better at it over the months, but every so often, I can't get the needle in at all. It fights me and hurts like the dickens.  I end up throwing the syringe away and starting again with a new one because I feel like I can't "reuse" the syringe I tried to get in.    Does anyone else have this...
  • Blessed2BAlive

Will I Ever Feel Normal Again???

June 13th, 2016 the day my life changed. I woke up with the most horrific chest pain and I couldn't breath. Rushed to the ER and 10min later I am being admitted with a PE the size of my fist in the left lung. How did this happen? What caused the clot in the first place? So many questions and so I spent the next 10 days trying to figure that out. So much blood was taken, so many tests conducted...