Pulmonary Embolism Support Group

By far the most common form of pulmonary embolism is a thromboembolism, which occurs when a blood clot, generally a venous thrombus, becomes dislodged from its site of formation and embolizes to the arterial blood supply of one of the lungs. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, pain during breathing, and more rarely circulatory instability and death.

0 Online
  • Mandocommando

Pulmonary Embolism

Had my first medical experience with blood clots thursday night in emerge.  My day started out like any other day except when I first woke up, I felt a little twinge under my right front rib.  As the day progressed, I couldn't catch a deep breath in and I experienced pain down my arm and into my neck.  Long story short, tests revealed an PE, dr gave me two scripts and sent me home.I slept on...
  • Slink2000

Expected improvement or new normal?

Hello everyone!I am almost exactly two months out from my initial PE diagnosis.  I consider myself one of the lucky ones as I walked into the ER, and was released from hospital the next day. I was told I had several "small" PE's, and one "moderately" sized clot near the bottom of my right lung, that would lead to a small part of my lung dieing off. (I wasn't given any fancy medical terms like...
  • Welshy

2 lots bilateral p.e's -feel whacked

Having 2 lots of multiple bi lateral p.e's after major surgery on both occasions, now a warfarin lifer it sucks..Not being able to stabilise INR 18 months in. Extremely cautious on foods/drink intake..how long before feeling back to normal whatever that might be?
  • Rilco

Trouble with blood in urine

HelloHas anyone experienced blood in their urine while on Coumadin? I have been for the past 3 weeks. I advised my doctor and she advised me to stay on my same dosage of 7mg and test my blood on Tuesday. My past 4 blood tests have been good and last Tuesday my INR was 2.5. I have no other symptoms and feel really good. The only different thing is a feeling of neck muscle pain but I did go back to...
  • 89BLA

Back to the ER

I'm joining the ranks of those who have returned to the ER within a year of PE diagnosis.On Saturday, I wasn't feeling great.  I felt general fatigue and just kind of off.  My pulse was also very low.  It is typically between 40 and 50, but it was 35.  Breathing also wasn't super-easy for me.  I felt like there was a weight on my chest.When I went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep because as I...
  • Law2017

D dimer

Hi everyone. I have some questions about d dimer test. I went to the er as I have chest discomfort and right arm pain as well. They  did a EKG that was fine They did chest x ray as well that was also fine, but he said that I had a high d dimer it was 660, all my other vital signs were good. He said he had to do a cta. To rule a pe out. It came back fine Nothing. He never  did an ultrasound to...
  • Sarahhope0417

Worrisome.

Hello all. I am exactly two months out from my hospitalization due to having a bilateral pulmonary embolism. My pain subsided after the first month. About a week ago I started adding exercise back into my life. Slowly of course. I only do body weight things like sit ups and squats. A couple of days ago I started experiencing tightness in my left shoulder. I had experienced this as a symptom of my...
  • Sarahhope0417

How do you know?

Hey everyone. I have been sick for the last couple of days. Let's say a week at least. I have since developed symptoms similar to the ones from my PE. Sharp pain in my left shoulder, heart pounding, and sudden pain in my lower back. My heart rate is normal. Around 70-80bpm. Unlike when I had my PE it was always over 100bpm. And I can breath fine. What I guess I'm asking is, how do you know when...
  • Gabe333

Life After A Pulmonary Embolism

After having a pulmonary embolism it was one of the hardest times of my life. If that wasnt difficult enough fast forward 2 years later and I was diagnosed with a second one. Luckily it wasnt as bad as the first but I consider myself very lucky. I don't know what you are going through right now but I wanted to share my story and give some encouragement to anybody who has been going through a...
  • Nikki2017

DVT and Anxiety

Hi Everyone. I'm new here. On 24.02.17 I had an ultrasound done and my left leg as it was swollen and it wouldnt go down. Now a little back story, I also have lupus and usually get swollen legs when I'm flaring or after a long day. So when my leg started to swell I wasnt too worried. However a few days of taking steriods usually takes the swelling down. This time it didnt and thats how I ended up...
  • nat75

New here

hi everyone I'm new :). A couple years ago I had pain in my ankle and when I went to the doctor I found out I had an embolism. I was on blood thinners for a few months then taken off. I was nervous at first but then thought everything was ok. A couple weeks ago I had pain again in the same leg, when I went to the doctor I was told it wasn't a clot. A few days after that I started having bad pain...
  • PE_FRUSTRATED

Scared and Worried with no answers

Hi Everyone,  I am a 36 year old female.  I had my first PE in Jan 2017, went on xerelto and had a second PE in March 2017.  Meaning Xerelto failed.  I am now on Warfarin the super nova rat poison, as the doctors like to call it.  And I hate it.  Currently I am considered nonprovoked, as there has been nothing to create this situation.  All tests have come back negative, and they have run...
  • Bbatton44

Need advice

i just got diagnosed with PE.. they didn't say much (probably because I was in the ER) they said I only had one and it was small, how long does your body usually take care of this? And is it normal to have back pain? Every few hours my back starts to spaz and my right shoulder hurts.. is this normal? And how long does it take for the pain to go away??  
  • PE_who_me

Question for the women in the group

Sorry to post this here. I found this group from the website, The Clot Spot, and although there is a lot of good information I can't find any on female issues.My period started on the second of the month. I probably had my PE's on the 3rd but diagnosed on the fourth. I am bleeding so heavy. I'm sorry if this is too graphic but I'm completely soaking a maxi pad in 2 hrs and I'm passing lots of...
  • arain

Eliquis

Hi, so I was diagnosed with PE in November and I had a very hard time adjusting to the Warfarin I was taking but eventually got used to it. Now I've been taking Eliquis for about a week now and I'm starting to feel a little depressed and anxious again. I'm wanting to know if I'm just adjusting to the new medication or if I might need to go back to using Warfarin. What are/were your experiences...