Personality Disorders Support Group

Personality disorders form a class of mental disorders that are characterized by long-lasting rigid patterns of thought and behaviour. Personality disorders are seen by the American Psychiatric Association as an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the culture of the individual who exhibits it.

1 Online
  • Enchantress1821

Borderline Personality Disorder

I was just informed yesterday that I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. While it is comforting to know my diagnosis, it is also overwhelming. To think that my childhood has severly impacted my daily adult life so significantly that I am unable to cope with my emotions and relationships in my life is terrifying. I am hoping one day I will be able to be "normal". Normal in a sense...
  • SaschaPanzer

Trying to cope

Lately I've been feeling more alone and disconnected from people. Recently I was diagnosed with BPD. I was overwhelmed and still trying to cope with it. It makes so much sense but makes me look at things like my fear of losing people in a different light.Ive been questioning: how much of me is really me and how much his BPD? I want to attach myself to someone not in a romantic way just that i...
  • FedUpWithPA

New Member Here

I'm new to this support group.  I don't have a personality disorder.  I am just looking for support while I try to break away from a partner I'm pretty sure is passive-aggressive and counter dependent.  I've done a ton of research and have learned a lot.  I've had no contact with my partner (we have been in a long-distance relationship for 8 years) for a couple of weeks.  I noticed that once...
  • When I went back to school earlier this month, I started to notice a change in my behavior. I found myself more sad, angered, and lonely than when I was in school back in December.My mom told me it was seasonal depression. If it was, I'd probably feel more depressed around the fall and december, but I was fine. I don't know why my mood changed so suddenly.Does seasonal depression just randomly...
  • Ginge

Medication?

May I ask what meds any of you with BPD are on? I'm on abilify and sertraline. I was on olanzapine but took myself off of it cos the weight just wouldn't stop piling on. Any of you got the same problem with an anti psychotic?
  • Bpdsucks

Depressed

I've been told I have ptsd, boarderline personality, and major depression. Well I've been reading up on it and it explains a lot But also depresses me more. To believe I have mental illness is just sad. I have attemped suicide many times and you would think I would be thankful for life, a name to why I am the way I am, and the abitily to read up on this stuff but I'm not.  I am to go and see if...
  • KrisOrihara

I'm New Here.

hi, the name's kristopher.  i'm new to this site and this is my first time posting (my counselor recommended this site to me).  i'm a 17 year old doing full time high school and college at the same time, i'm transgender, i'm stuck in an emotionally abusive/racist/homophobic/transphobic household (well at least until i get kicked out for dating outside my race), i'm a csa survivor, and to top it...
  • mariabaxter

Lost

Hey... I'm loosing my shit... been diagnosed with BPD .. needing kind words... life feels like it's too much for me to handle... 
  • sway2014

Relationship

My fiance has a personality disorder which causes her to be overly emotional and physically needy. I have aspergers and was recently diagnosed. I'm having a  hard time being more emotional and physical with her. I can tell she's getting really upset and needs me to be more like that, but I'm not sure how. Any advice would be wonderful because we've been through a lot to be together and I don't...
  • Bpdsucks

Im new

I'm new to the group. I hope it will be a source of help. I suffer from BPD, PTSD, major depression and anitxity disorder.  I have been hospitalized 12 times in the past year and attemped suicide over 10 times. I recently went to the ER and the Dr thought I was looking for attention and just discharged me. He said "you have been in here 18 times in the past year for the same thing. Why don't you...
  • Razor91

Bpd & Break-ups

I know that it can generally take someone months to get over someone, but I'm curious about how people like myself with bpd handle it. I've been in a few relationships, two of them were easy to forget about because they weren't that serious but with my most recent relationship it lasted almost 3 years and even though it's been a few months I still can't shake his memory. I know it was for the...
  • deleted_user

Essay

I have to do an autobiographical essay for college and i thought of doing it on my life as a BPD sufferer and woundered if others thought this was a good / bad idea all opionions welcome.
  • nowstillhere

Where I am.

This is my first post to this group. I have been labeled alot, all I know that there are parts of me that are dysfunctional... in thinking, attitude and behavior. I know I need to own this but it is hard to accept. I could use what aid is availible.
  • VictoriaBlack

BPD and being in school

I'm a college student and I have BPD and I also have had a lot of issues with alcohol/prescription drug abuse and self-harm. And even though I have been working to get better and have been sober for eight months now, I feel like my life is still spriling out of control. I don't even know what to do. No one listens to me and I am terrified of failing out of school and losing scholarships even...
  • brokenshards

Borderline and In Love

Does anyone get scared of the intensity  of their own feelings when it comes to someone they love or at least are obsessed with? I have a new favorite person. I can't stop thinking about him, wanting to be with him, or missing him. He's become my whole life and it's so scary. I feel so ashamed of this. I hate being borderline.