Personality Disorders Support Group

Personality disorders form a class of mental disorders that are characterized by long-lasting rigid patterns of thought and behaviour. Personality disorders are seen by the American Psychiatric Association as an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the culture of the individual who exhibits it.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

Dissociative Identity Disorder

HAS ANYONE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH DISSOCIATIVEIDENTITY DISORDER, OR HAD A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND, IF SO WHAT MEDICINE DO YOU TAKE ?MY HUSBAND TAKES SEROQUEL
  • goodbyeskyharbor

hi all, I'm new to this group. I have struggled with mostly social anxiety for most of my life. In about 2008, when I was 25, it seemed to develop into more general/health anxiety. I started worrying constantly about my health and convincing myself I had a brain tumor. Since then I have been suffering with this on and off. There are times when it gets really bad and times when it's manageable. My...
  • Splashgirl

I'm new and in need of some support

Hi my name is Diane and I am 55, single with a 35 year old daughter in prison.  I live alone with my two dogs.  I have BPD, bipolar, mainly severe depression and anxiety!  I have suffered since my mid 20's.  I have been married 3 times and I have been single now since 1996, BPD played a big part of that not working out.  At times I like being alone, I have built enormous walls to not be...
  • Hi. I am new to DS and am looking for others who are also bpd schizotypal to message. I am female.  55  .gay ,who is very isolated and in need of friendship.I find it difficult to be around others for very long and spend  lot of time in solitary pursuits. Often feel different and that I don't belong. Have no family to talk to and relationships have always been problematic. Is there anyone else...
  • sionainns_ark

New here and looking for a friend

Hi everyone,I'm new to this site and never been part of a chat room or forum before.I suffer from borderline personality disorder and am looking to meet some people/friends who understand what it's like.I'm particularly bad with attachment to people so would be interested to talk with anyone who gets this.Thank you in advance. X
  • finallyfree

Not sure, HELP!!

Hello, I just have a few questions about this disorder. Im not quite sure but i think my husband has it. I read up a lot on this but it states that they have grandiosity, and are self-centered. I know that he started our friendship on lies about being married and having 5 kids he pays child support for--not true--everything abou his life in the army--i found he never even finished his full term...
  • darkangel90

New here

Hello . I have bpd and have been looking for someone who can relate that knows what I go through. I have no one to talk to that understands because they don't have bpd. I also have various other disorders to would just like a friend that knows the struggle of everyday life with bpd
  • emotionsbylinds

BPD and No Childhood Trauma?

I've always felt weird, because I have BPD, but have no history of childhood trauma, or anything of the sort. In fact, I had what many would call a "dream" childhood. Two loving parents that stayed together, we were always fine finanially, I got good grades, I never went through any sort of loss. People bring up that I could have represeed memories, but I just find that so hard to believe. There...
  • emotionsbylinds

Risperdal?

I was recently diagnosed with BPD, and my doctor perscribed me Risperdal today. I was wondering if anyone else has used this before, and how it worked out? Side effects of any medicaiton always terrify me. Doc said the most common side effect is just becoming too mellow, like being drugged up. I am also on Prozac and Welbutrin, and I also have depression, anxiety, and OCD, if that info is...
  • basil93

Relationships with personality disorders...

So, I have schizoid personality disorder and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder, possibly more but who knows. Theoretically these don't like impact my everyday going-about things except somewhat the OCPD except that I'm in a long-term and long-distance relationship with someone who has borderline personality disorder, and we clash a lot. Sometimes it feels impossible to bridge the...
  • Forestmaiden

Partner of Someone with BPD

Hi. My girlfriend has BPD, and was "dumped" by her therapist yesterday. She was very upset, drinking heavily to cope, and then saying a lot of things to try to push me away too. I know she's struggling so I'm not taking the things she says personally, but I don't know how to support her through this. She's wanting to give up on everything and very hopeless right now. I'm not sure what her mood...
  • blueforest

I'm not sure what is going on

I've been struggling with really intense mood swings since I was young and I don't know if I have some sort of personality disorder. I'll go from being really anxious to depressed to irritated and to being perfectly calm all in the same day. It's really hard to deal with these mood swings and sometimes I'll feel like I'm acting kinda different than I normally am, does it seem like I have a...
  • Nonametoday

Aripiprazole?

I am currently taking venlafaxine 225mg slow release for major depressive disorder/ borderline personality disorder I'm also on diazepam for anxiety I have other diagnosis of anorexia complex ptsd and ocdI have recently been put on aripiprazole 5mgI know I suffer from dissociation but it's unclear (apartmently) whether my last episode was pycosis or some sort of dissociation -I don't remember...
  • Ginge

Medication?

May I ask what meds any of you with BPD are on? I'm on abilify and sertraline. I was on olanzapine but took myself off of it cos the weight just wouldn't stop piling on. Any of you got the same problem with an anti psychotic?
  • wyldgypsy84

Hello

Hello, I am new to this group and have been diagnosised with dependent personality disorder with borderline traits.  I also have anxiety disorder and the doctor thinks my schizophrenia is schizoaffective disorder.  I saw that this group was for personality disorders.  I have a hard time with relationships.  I tend to do and put others before myself to the determent of myself.  I will blame...