Parents of Prisoners Community Group

A group that tries to share with each other how they deal with being a good supporting parent of a prisoner and the unique problems that arise. What to share or not, how to deal with spouse of prisoner, ex-spouse of, children of prisoner which we may not see either anymore,so forth

0 Online
0 Online
  • sunworship

confusion

Hi everyone, new member seeking understanding! My oldest son is going to prison for a very long time. My heart is broken but not my soul. I am a confused bundle of emotion, loving and missing him while also being so very angry at what he has done not only to himself but to his children and all the people who love him. I feel guilt, shame...spend hours trying to figure out how I failed him...
  • lorilk573

Fundraiser

https://www.bravelets.com/bravepage/parents-of-prisoners is the link to order the be brave bracelets, jewelry etc... and each purchase goes to raise funds for Parents of Prisoners to help families with transportation costs to visit loved ones. Please share this link with friends and family and raise support for the ones we love who are in prison and far from home.
  • kellyfreeman

Loss of control

Dear all,My 18 year old first born son went to a young offenders institute in July for robbery as part of a joint enterprise. After the initial shock of him being sentenced to custody, ( i naively thought he would get a chance as it was his first conviction) I am having trouble dealing with the fact that my baby is locked up. I blame myself. I feel guilty and sorry for him. I worry about him...
  • girlandy

My Heart, My Healing

Hello, fellow parents. I have been working on my site/weblog tonight. I am trying to reach people who may need help and a place to share the struggles unique to our situation. I have been a Parent of a Prisoner for over 4 years, and have dealt with it on my own, as she does not have another parent. Finding places online to talk with others or to just voice the thoughts and fearsa nd etc are...
  • I am new to this group, and only hope i can find some relief. My son is in the intake process for prison. I do not know where he will go to serve his 60 month sentence. Today is Christmas and somehow I am suppose to feel happy. But I dont.... My heart is broken and I dont know how to make it through this time. I miss my son so much. I attended every court date for my son, some of the times I sat...
  • Hi all,I have an 18 year old son who is currently in a young offenders institute in the UK for robbery as part of a joint enterprise. He got 2 and a half years. It was his first offence. It has been a nightmare. He is my eldest son and my first born so he is still my baby. I know what he did was wrong and he does deserve to be punished but I don't think these prisons help. The system is a...
  • DAILY LIGHT ON THE PRISONER'S PATH is changing inmate lives in all 50 states and Canada."When I opened the book and read the very first page, I cried." —S. P., Riverbend Correctional Facility, GA"From the opening of your book, I was drawn to the strong concept of forgiveness." —M. A., Butner Federal Correctional Institution, NC"This devotional is a treasure. I...
  • leivah1

Frustration

I just don't know how those of you that are farther along this road do it. I alternate between crying my eyes out to raging! The public defender is infuriating me. I spoke to her 12/15, met her at my son's arraignment on 12/17 - at that time she told me and my son she would be there either that Friday or Monday before Christmas. Still has not gone to see my son. When I spoke to her...
  • I am so lost. My only child who turns 23 in a week was arrested for robbery with a firearm discharge and 4 counts of aggravated assault with firearm discharge. I can't afford an attorney but have heard horror stories about public defenders. When he was arrested he did not have his prescription glasses (supposedly the police now have as evidence). The jail makes it so hard to find out...
  • pgenualdi

Please Help

To those that are new here, or on here for a while. I have a friend that is in need of your help, with a son being incarcerated. She has been going back and forth with this for a while, but her youngest son was just arrested on December 22, 2015, while out on probation. He will now be doing a minimum of 4 years.She is totally lost. I can not do anything but give her support. Perhaps one or...
  • deleted_user

New to Group

Hi. I am here for support. Some days are better than others. I know that things will never be the same for me or my son. He was 19 when the crime was committed. He has admitted guilt- all the evidence will certainly find him guilty. I am not in denial that he is guilty. I know very well that I have lost my only child to the prison system. He has not yet gone through trial, he is hoping a...
  • s54321m

Feeling isolated.

I am new to this group. It has been very hard for me. I don't have anyone to talk to about this. I feel so alone at times. I have tried to talk to family but they do not understand and mostly I just feel judgement, not compassion or understanding. I have avoided talking to coworkers because I try to keep my personal life private and this isn't something I'm proud of talking about. ...
  • I'm so relieved I found this website and this group. I did a search for " Parents of Prisoners Support Groups " and was hoping to find a group I join that meets in my area. My son is eighteen years old and has been in Oahu Community Correctional Facility (OCCC) here on Oahu since March 6th this year. I have been through SO much with him I don't even know where to begin and, I'm...
  • HI, My son's 26th birthday was yesterday. That is going to be the last one we can have together for about 3 years. He got caught up on Marijuana too many times. We live in Kansas, Colorado is right next door. I just don't know how I am ever going to be able to deal with this. This won't be the first time he's been locked up, but never prison. And certainly not for this long....
  • My son doesn't show any emotions whatsoever, only anger every now and again. He doesn't show any remorse or guilt over what he done to my grand daughter. He never shows any pleasure, excitement or even lonliness. He's my son and 33 yrs old but I'm still unable to read him. I am very worried that he may be a socialpath. What's the difference between a Socialpath & a...