Lactose Intolerance Support Group

Lactose intolerance is the condition in which lactase, an enzyme needed for proper metabolization of lactose (a constituent of milk and other dairy products), is not produced in adulthood. A hydrogen breath test is required for a clinical diagnosis. With lactose intolerance, the result of consuming lactose or a lactose-containing food is excess gas production and often diarrhea.

1 Online
  • milkmakesmesad

Lactose Conflicts

everyone makes fun of me. Its been hard. I keep accidentally consuming lactose. Sometimes its okay... light cremes are okay. Every other time, I suffer. Please help.
  • Francess67

Lactose intolerance and sick

I am lactose intolerant and I have been sick from  most of the things that I eat I don't know what I can eat with out getting sick. 
  • TedRuxpin

How to cure lactose intolerance for life

I've been looking around the internet and one site suggest using a probiotic called Jarrow Dophilus, which is new to me plus eating whole fat yogurt too. While one suggestion there said go on a diet for 1 week with nothing but milk. I'd like to try these experiments, has anybody else gambled with them?
  • deleted_user

Lactose Intolerance

I am Lactose free. I have been this way for about 9 years. Has anyone found something that will help alot? I am trying to get rid of my alergies by next year.Callicat
  • aj123

Lactose intolerance

I have just started on a lactose free diet and am looking for healthy( and not too expensive) recipes. Can anyone help? 
  • sophiecheesee

Lactose free cheese?

Before I was diagnosed for lactose intolerance I was addicted to cheese. Every single lactose free cheese I have eaten tastes like trash. Does anyone know any good lactose free cheese brands available in Canada that tastes like regular cheese.
  • TedRuxpin

What's the best tasting lactose free milk?

When it comes to milk free of lactose, I've already used dairy milk that's free of lactose. I've also used soy and almond milk too. I did get a chance recently to sample new peanut milk. I couldn't come to any conclusions though by the sample size they gave me. I still haven't tried cashew and rice milk though. I would try the cashew milk if they made it in chocolate. Whereas rice milk just...
  • butterflii410

Lactaid Milk

Does anyone know if Lactaid brand milk is the same as store brand lactose free?
  • WidowForever

Lactose ATACK

My daughter has been up all night last night throwing up from eating 1 cheese and cracker bite! How can I help her?
  • RoseStewart

New Pill for lactose intolerance

Hi.  On a whim I tried a new pill for lactose intolerance called LactoFreedom.   To sum it up, I tool this for a week then stopped, now I have been able to eat cheese and drink milk without the gas, bloating, and diarrhea.    Here is a link to a video and their website.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYH1YSHrRw&list=PL5NICwK3DeOZwSwiY0UMpOVi42SUeHPWXwww.lacto-freedom.com 
  • I bought lactase enzyme pills from Costco's; good price, very effective, helps me  tolerate dairy products without stomach upset. I highly recommend them.They are Kirkland brand, they come in a box. I believe there are a hundred and fifty tablets in the box. they're wrapped in individual  packets easy to carry in your purse or pocket
  • laughingdog

Even aged cheese affects me badly

I haven't been officially diagnosed. For months I've been suffering continual calf muscle cramps, sometimes severe. I was eating a lot of dairy: skimmed milk with breakfast, quite a lot of tea with milk during the day, and cheese at night.I found a particularly tasty Parmesan called Bella Vitano and began eating a piece every night. After a while I found myself vomiting in the morning. Finally I...
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

Lactose free cheese-Google Answers

This was retrieved by Google Answers website Subject: Is there such thing as a lactose-free cheese? Category: Health > Conditions and Diseases Hi,I am very lactose intolerant. None of the current over the counterremedies have helped me (lactaid, dairy care, etc...), although theysometimes diminish my symptoms.I've read somewhere that aged cheeses don't have any lactose. I alsoknow of lifetime...
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

kifer

kifer is 99% lactose free. Google it to find out more about it.
  • GettingThere48442

Lactose Intolerant, but not all the time?

I can drink skim milk, eat yogurt and cheese, no issues. But 2% milk seems to #$%^ me up something fierce. I switched to 2% about a week ago and ever since, I've been feeling super bloated, culminating in this past weekend spending way too much time in the bathroom. This morning, had 2% again, but took a Lactaid pill with it, so far no issues.Am I imagining things, or is it possible to only be...