Lactose Intolerance Support Group

Lactose intolerance is the condition in which lactase, an enzyme needed for proper metabolization of lactose (a constituent of milk and other dairy products), is not produced in adulthood. A hydrogen breath test is required for a clinical diagnosis. With lactose intolerance, the result of consuming lactose or a lactose-containing food is excess gas production and often diarrhea.

0 Online

Lactose intolerance and sick

I am lactose intolerant and I have been sick from  most of the things that I eat I don't know what I can eat with out getting sick. 

Replies

kitty100
kitty100

I have the same probs. Im lacto/fructose intolerant. I stick to a very bland diet, Breakfast: cornflakes, rice crispies, lacto milk. Lunch: rice cakes, lacto marg, marmite, sometimes cucumber (which seems to be alright in small doses), my home made flapjacks (which I substitute butter, with lacto marg). Dinner is usually chicken (chunks, fillets wrapped in bacon), new potatoes, sweet pots, sometimes small amount of lettuce. I can eat believe it or not eat lite mayonnaise as it has no milk, and have a bad habit of having sweet BBQ sauce as flavour to meats as I crave flavouring. Soya ice cream - small amount, cant even eat dark chocolate now. Its knowing how bad your lactose affects u and limiting and trial and error. I cant even eat lacto yoghurts, cheese. I even have gluten free pasta, eat alot of boiled rice which I love and occasionally put a few peppers in with lite lacto dressing. I hope this helps.
kitty100
kitty100

Sorry forgot take probiotics larger the better, and supplements of calcium ie: I take hair and nail tabs, glucosamine tabs daily.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • kitty100

Diagnosed Lactose Intolerant/borderline fructose

Lactose intolerant most of my life midly, have family members also with lactose intolerance. Recently diagnosed a year ago after suffering for over 4 years from a bad bout of food poisioning that I now have lactose/borderline fructose and have problems with gluten - mainly any form of bread.  Does anyone have a similar problem with poor malabsorption of natural sugars.  Be interested to hear,...
  • terri002

gluten/lactose intolerance

Has anyone been told by their GP to cut out gluten and lactose? I have read an article that one or the other should be avoided