Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

1 Online
  • Edgar_2

Chronic insomniac saying hi.

Hello,I love the look of this forum, it is "alive" and I see people support each other regularly, no one's question is left unanswered. Although I must admit I was a member of another forum until it was shut down recently (anybody here from Sandman?), I quite like this one too.Anyway, I've had insomnia since childhood (I'm 30 now), like most people here I think.I believe I the cause of my own...
  • also104

been awake for 2 straight weeks now

Hi. The truth is I've been struggling for a month now.. the first 2 weeks was quite manageable. I was able to sleep for to 2 to 3 hours.. and quite frankly,  I was okay with that. I've been drinking every night to ease this out but then lately my booze is not working out. It all started after I moved to a different place to study... currently living alone. I don't know... maybe I'm not just used...
  • magyarruth

insomnia with multiple causes

I started to get insomnia forty years ago when my dad committed suicide since then there have been a number of other traumas none as bad. Lately i am wondering if candida overgrowth is part of the cause if i stick to the candida diet i found on line basically meat veg rice i feel better. It is hard to struggle trhu day at work i cannot make commitments outside work cos dont know how i will feel....
  • Derek7

Going to the doctors for sleeping pills

I'm nervous about going to the doctors since I know they will prescribe pills and they can be addicting for the rest of my life and don't want that. But I'm getting to the point where I don't care anymore and just want to sleep. The good news is I been sleeping 4 nights in a row. 2 good night's  of 6+ hours of sleep and 2 bad nights of 2 - 3 hours of sleep. In a way I think of it as a positive...
  • Derek7

Haven't Slept for almost 2 weeks!!

So I have always had insomnia but up until 2015 I learned to control it with weed. Anways it all started when I went to Las Vegas. Usually When I drink I never sleep good. So Friday to Saturday I probably slept 3 - 4 hours. But that was normal to me. But as soon as I came back from Vegas. The days after I haven't been able to sleep. Even with weed. I don't know why but i was doing so good till...
  • Tazz_vb

Nightmares

I have been afraid to sleep. I have been having nightmares every night I do sleep and those are causing me to stay up. Can anyone give me advice on what to do about this?
  • mokohoko1

Sleep...so precious

I haven't gone to the dr to get fully diagnosed for my sleep issues. I've just always been told to try Melatonin..works for 3 nights, then...not so much. Granted, I haven't slept a full night since the birth of my 1st child 23 years ago. He did not sleep through the night until he was almost 1...(yeah, let's talk about going crazy, every 2-3 hours for a year!!). I have just become accustomed to...
  • cheech1992

Please help!-Can't fall asleep-Any meds that work?

I've had insomnia since I was a child. I have worked with therapists (and still do), tried meditation, white noise, neural beats, support groups, not eating /drinking after a certain time and a long list of medications. The challenge is I'm in recovery from pain meds and have to be very carefullMy physician is helping and managing closely. We've tried the hypnotics (ambien) and I have binged and...
  • Sleepless_in_UK

My Story, I Hope to Help

Hello all,I wanted to share my story on this forum in the hope that my experiences can be of benefit to others who strugle with their sleep and also, I won't lie, for my own benefit in trying to deal with my current struggle.I have chronic, debilitating insomnia and have had for approximately 3 years. What started with a difficult period in my career and personal life developed into a problem...
  • samprobert

Cushing's syndrome and insomnia - please help!

Hi eveyone, I'm new to here but thought i'd turn to the internet to seek help.In 2003 my Dad suffered from Cushing's syndrome, which is a rare disorder where the pituitary gland produces excess cortisol. As a result, he hs been suffering from sleep deprivation. Over the years his insomnia has got progressively worse and medication prescribed by doctors haven't been effective. He is able to...
  • Babyblues

My dreams were broken.

Here's where my story begins. I won't give all the details cause it would be way to long, I'll try to summarize the best I can. Back in 2016 i was stable on meds for anixety, depression and sleep. Wounded up getting pregnant. Doctor said I could stay on my medication for sleep...trazodone. but I wanted to see if I could get by without. So I successfully got off my medications for the first half...
  • Toad

Update on my insomnia

After a month of being on cipralex and two weeks of clonazepam I'm finally getting good night sleeps. I would highly recommend if you have insomnia caused by anxiety to ask your Dr about cipralex the side effects didn't last all that long and my life feels 100 percent better now that I'm getting regular sleep.
  • Moby85

Benzo Horror Stories

So I've read a lot of posts here that hint at horror stories involving the benzo family of drugs. I was prescibed 20 pills of 30 MG Temazepam (like Toad) a month ago. I've taken between 2-3 per week. I use them to knock myself out if I'm not asleep by 2AM (I hit the hay at 10PM, sharp).But my experience with the Benzos is different than others. I don't feel a "pull" for them and I have been able...
  • Moby85

Chamomile Energy Drink

Tried to come up with a fun little title but yeah. Out of the many non-medical insomnia techniques I tried was Chamomile tea. Long the grandmother's choice for a good night sleep. But it completely backfired with me. It felt like there was an initial calming effect but then a similar effect as becoming "un-drunk" - I got an energy boost that wasn't manic but made me not sleepy and led to several...
  • Wegotthis

What do you thino of my sleep hygiene?

Im trying a new thing. It's called "if not asleep or close to it within 15minutes I get up and do something"And I plan on repeating this until I either go insane or I fall asleep within 15 minutes.What do you think will happen? Can we open bets here?Thanks for reading. Any encouraging words would be great, I'm going on two days no sleep and yesterday I walked 12 miles and still nothing!