Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

0 Online
  • beached1

CBT this is mainly targeted at Hypnos

I've read so many of Hypnos' responses and they all sound so encouraging and reassuring. I have used CBT in the past and saw results, but it never lasted long. After a long battle of drug swapping I finally tapered off everything completely over 18 months but the 4 months without pills haven't really been the wonderful sleeping bliss I'd hoped for.  I would like to know what CBT program you used...
  • adrian13

insomnia and death

Has anyone ever died of insomnia because they could not sleep. Ive read about rats being deprived of sleep and dying after 2 weeks. Ive looked online and haven't seen any deaths that had symptoms of insomnia except FFi. The reason im saying this, is because im currently taking ambien to sleep and i can't sleep with out them.  And i feel that i if stop taking them i will not be able to sleep...
  • mszach

Cocktail Of Medications Still Can't Sleep....

Taking what would be considered a lot of medication for sleep for just about anyone, klonopin, seroquel and remeron.  Worked fairly well, with some bouts of insomnia here and there, up until about a month ago.  Lately I have been getting no more than 4 hours of sleep a night which is really taxing, sometimes I can't function during the day at all.  Obviously I'm afraid if I stop or attempt to...
  • Insomnia2017

I cannot take naps?

Since december 2016  i have been having insomnia and now i take antipsychotics to help me sleep saphris and sertraline. Also since december 2016 i have lost the ability to take naps. Even if i miss a day of sleep due to my insomnia i still cannot nap in the daytime  at all to make up for it. Is anyone having this problem of not being able to nap at all? Should i be worried? What could be...
  • SpidermansGhost

I'm glad I found this place

Hello,My name is Jonathan Dietsch and I suffer from a few of the symptoms of insomnia. It is a bit of a struggle having these symptoms and am trying to gather as much information on the topic as I can. Since I am a product design student in my final year of College it only seemed fair that I design a product for insomnia. If you would be comfortable taking an anonymous survey or being a part of a...
  • emmabirdie

Teens with insomnia?

Hi I'm emma and I'm 15 years old. I've never been a good sleeper, and I've been going to the doctor for insomnia for the past 4 years. I've been on a few different medications and nothing seems to get better. I've done a sleep study and blood tested and the only thing that's not right is that I'm anemic. Over the past few years, it's gotten to the point where my insomnia makes doing things I used...
  • ittykitty

insomnia for 6 years, nothing works!

hello, im 28 from UK and have had chronic insomnia for like 6 years been on several anti psychotic/sleeping drugs tried absolutely everything you can think of including meditation acupuncture herbak remedies changes in country lifestyle sex diet etc etc -- also diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder 3 years ago and only started therapy a month ago........ i just really need people to talk...
  • nick_naol

Need to talk about my insomnia

Hi everyone, For the last 9 months I have been suffering (on and off) with bouts of insomnia, however in the last month or so it has descended into the worst period of sleeplessness I have ever experienced.  Last night I didn’t sleep whatsoever, I just tossed and turned all night getting more and more frustrated.  Unfortunately this is not an isolated experience for me as of late.  My...
  • misleadingsmile

4:45

Anyone still up?
  • dinahmorris

Early waking!

I have had this for the last 2-3 weeks.I am not having any problems in my life-but I do have a few things going on-more social lifethan usual, maybe.I thought I was bipolar and was put on prozac, lithium and sodium valprate 8 years ago.Since then I have stabilized my life and wonder if I was really bipolaror just going throgh a LOT of stress at the time...marriage breakdown, menopause,...
  • Insomnia2017

cant sleep without pills

Since december i been having insomnia and having to take pills in order to sleep. I  am now taking saphris, and im finding that if i try to stop them i can't sleep and i end up staying up till 4 am (happens everytime i try to quit), after that at 4am  i get scared and just take my pills and sleep because i feel that if i dont take  my pills i might go consecutive days without sleeping and...
  • Edgar_2

To those who say they sleep for 2,3,4 hrs a day...

Does that include daytime naps?I've never been able to nap and the older I get the bigger the toll it takes on me...I sleep somewhere between 5-7 hrs a night, occasionaly even 8, excluding the rough patches of less sleep that come and go.When I sleep for 5 hours or less, like last night, I am pretty much useless the next day. I am worn out, walking like a zombie, hardly able to focus on anything...
  • Frustratedmale

Sleep Restriction Therapy Not Working :(

For the past year, I have been having an issue with some insomnia (Early Morning Awakening) where I would wake up consistently at 4AM. My sleep was great and I would typically be in bed between 9:30p-10P and out within minutes.  I attributed my early wake ups to stress relating to a new retirement, getting a new job, etc.   Sleep meds did nothing as I would still wake up early (4 am) and still...
  • missdoglady

Can't sleep per usual

My sleeping schedule is fucked up again. I can't sleep until around 2 or 3 am. I guess that's some sort of progress...since I couldn't sleep until 6 30 am all of last week. I have no clue how to fix it. I try my best to stay up during the day, but I end up knocking out for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. ughhhh. In other news, I've been obsessed with watching paranormal and alien series on Netflix....
  • jek1862

"STINGING" Sensations While Trying To Fall Asleep

I am experiencing something that is extremely annoying while trying to fall asleep, and frankly, I am quite worried about it as well.  For the last 3 months or so, as I am trying to fall asleep, I start to experience what I can best describe are "stinging" sensations that last about a second or two.  They typically begin about 15-20 minutes after I turn out the light and my head hits the...