Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

4 Online
  • silverlight

It never ends....

so...a new symptom..waking up every two hours,and getting up at 4 AM because i will not sleep past that time..this is on chlorpromazine and clonazepam..sorry for always complaining and being negative i guess,but don't know where to go with this..
  • pam640

This is making me have insomnia...

I am sleepy, and want to go to sleep.  I lay down, and really start to drift off to sleep.  Then, I start hearing  these weird voices saying randon things, and sometimes I see visual images.  They are like dreams, but I am not fully asleep. They may start about three minutes after I lay down and close my eyes.  The sounds and images cause a lot of anxiety, and makes me fully awake.  I can't...
  • NotSmiiiff

Too much sleep....

8 years now I had insomnia as a secondary symptom of a disorder. I am 40+ and normally I manage well enough to enjoy life.It's 04:24 and it is the fourth night I have been awake at 4 in the morning in a row now. I know what is causing it. I just had the flu again. My low resistance to germs causes me to get every single one that someone I meet has. And when I am sick I sleep too much. My body or...
  • Laura1972

Falling Asleep and Staying Asleep

For years I have suffered with chronic insomnia, both falling and staying asleep.  By accident I have found something that works so well for me and I wanted to share it with the group.  It's simple, natural and it doesn't cost much at all.  SEEDLESS RED GRAPES.  I cannot tell you what a difference it has made for me every night.  I've been freezing them and using them as a snack late at...
  • Read , understand, absorb it slowly , if you like it check out the author Sasha Stephens , she gets your struggle, she is on Amazon  , the effortless sleep method
  • Early

SUPER Powerful Insomnia

I take medication for sleep given by a psch. I take 200mg Trazadone 10mg of melatonin 25mg Elivil 5mg of zyprexa and 3mg Lunesta . I AM up at 1:30am today and 3: 00 Am yesterday and before that 2:00 ish . NOTHN is working.
  • alianazli

I have anxiety and can't sleep.

I got anxiety when I first heard that I have myasthenia gravis a condition that will never go away and is pobably gonna change my life. I haven't been able to sleep naturally then. I wanted to ask is any sleep medicine that could go along with my condition? I have been on many sleep tablets. Ambien (makes me groggy), Lexotanil (no longer effective), Prothiaden (no longer effective), Melatonil...
  • pam640

Hay all

Just wanted to drop by and say hi.  It's 1:27am and can't sleep yet.  Hope to fall asleep soon.  Probably some form of anxiety going on.
  • modicum

Cognitive behavioral book I found

I have had chronic insomnia for over 3 years. I have been going to therapy for stress for over 18 months with very little progress on the insomnia side. I did this because every doctor, therapist, person said it was your stress. I don't consider myself a severely stressed or depressed person but I was convinced I was. I have tried sleeping pills , anxiety medicine, pot, you name it after a while...
  • This may seem odd to you, but you think  about IT. People this day and time we are all so BUSY and DO NOT TAKE THE TIME TO SAY  HELLO. I want you to no people are tired of being negelected. I am HERE BECAUSE I CAN SEE WHAT OTHERS SEE we are crying for help. So let me HELP. Before I Leave go to a mirror and look at it. The image that is looking back at you should be you,ought to be you, is it...
  • NotSmiiiff

Hi everyone. I am new here. I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am 41 years old and European. I am smart, friendly and most days sick enough to not go outside to much. My day is mostly being alone or with my family. Communication with others is done digitally and my world is really small.I have been suffering thru primary insomnia for almost 8 years now. My whole story would...
  • atBrandy

Come To Terms

I've more less come to terms with this unpleasant beast.Perhaps given up would suffice. Years and years of sleepless nights. Then one day the doc perscribed me Seroquel.Worked wonders. I had no choice but to discontinue it due to my pregnancy. (I am not upset about that) My boyfriend however isn't so fond of me returning to it. He describes me as a "zombie" during the day. It's hard to get...
  • milklover

Time To SING

What does this title have to do with  INSOMNIA.4 a fact and by no means is this pointig a finger. A   time when  things appear to  be   great you are living in a  plastic bag. My friernds do it reach for that bag and  keep it  with  you.  Do not lose  sight  of  what  you  are or want to do because you can not sleep. I realize  that people have all kinds of problems and honestly I...
  • Hey i have come here a couple of times,in desperation because for the past nine months i have been suffering from severe insomnia...had a sleep study done,only confirmed what i already knew,and the clinic had no help for me...For many years i have lived with severe refractory OCD,90% pure obsessional,which means i get either *just* annoying nonsenical intrusive thoughts,or terribly...
  • triplewater11

New to the group and new to insomnia

I have been searching the internet for information and ideas about how to battle and eventually get past this insomnia I've been struggling with for over a month now.It started the night before I was due to started working a new job - not really a "new" job, but a transition. I had a weird breathing feeling like I couldn't breathe right, and had the thought "what if I die in my sleep?" and it set...