Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

0 Online
  • hopefulholly

Miserable and hopeless

i am losing hope. I am so sick of only sleeping 2 hours a night about 4-5 times a week.  I don't know how much longer I can take it. I'm on sleeping meds and have tried a million. I was okay at the end of the year now since January in insomnia hell. It's taking over my life. I just want to live my life and not feel so awful from no sleep. 
  • hauntedgirl25

Help...nothing works

I have always had trouble sleeping,even as a baby. Ive had cylces of insomnia since age 14 and im now 30. I go for a whole month of zero to 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night then i go for a month of over sleeping then a month of normal sleep. I have tried natural remedies,warm bath,herbal sleep tea,relaxation,exercise during the day,meditation,warm milk,no electronics 4 hours before bed....nothing...
  • BrianBalance

I Cured My Insomnia 3 weeks ago, maybe you can too

See if this sounds familiar.  My sleep has been bad as long as I can remember. Some of the things that happen to me are: getting tired at random times during the day like 3pm, wanting to go to bed at 6:00, and then not being tired anymore at bedtime. At bedtime, I watch the clock and seemingly fall asleep right before the alarm goes off. Oh, and if you wake me up right after I get to sleep, just...
  • TheTinyPinkOne

Why is it the way of the world...

We seem to find more comfort in complete strangers... I haven't slept properly in three weeks. I had one nights good sleep after smoking a lot before I got home. The first time I was in bed on time but didn't wake up till 15 hours later.
  • insomniajunkie

ketamine infusion for insomnia

Has anyone tried ketamine infusions for their depresssion/insomnia?
  • sonnycamehome

Trouble Falling Asleep

I've been sleeping pretty well for a long time now.  Generally I fall asleep very quickly, and if I have sleep trouble, I will have trouble staying asleep and wake up frequently throughout the night.  However 2 nights ago, I couldn't fall asleep which is so unusual for me.  It was so unusual that I chalked it up to a freak thing and didn't even worry about it, but then it happened a 2nd night...
  • Angelamarie111

Seroquel for sleep....Worth the side effects?

HI all, I've had sleep issues for 30 years and nothing has ever worked except Seroquel. However, the side effects for me are weight gain, depression and general lethargy. So, Im beginning to wonder if I would just be better off getting sleep just once or twice a week rather than being a lazy zombie. Any thoughts, experiences?
  • sdcajan

I just joined the group

Hi, everyone.  I just joined the group as I was looking for support for fibromyalgia.  But I found this group that has some relevance for me.First let me say that I can always find a way to get to sleep ultimately.  Apparently some people cannot.  As a person with fibromyalgia, I have found that when I can't sleep I have a muscle just below my ear, at the end of the jaw bone, that is puffy. ...
  • reerose

Why is there never anyone on this site?

its only 1030 p.m.  5-6 hrs before my usual panic to try to sleep.  but this is an insomnia site.  ive gone on it all times of the night & theres never anyone who ever responds til the next day.  i think im outta here.  i do appreciate the advice, help & comments that youve left.dont get me wrong. im not being mean, but it seems like im the only one up all night. dont be on this group if...
  • Flipper

Are there any victory stories over insomnia?

I had a 3 month bout early 2016 and finally came out of it with prayer and the right meds.  Many totally sleepless nights or 2-4 hour sleep nights.  It was horrible.  Now for the past week it has started again.  The last 3 nights I only had 5 hours sleep total leaving me totally anxious and feeling miserable during the day.  I need some encouragement and success stories of living with this...
  • hopefulholly

Afraid to have baby...

Last summer my insomnia was at its worst. It was awful straight for 3 months. Barely slept and was absolutely miserable. There's a difference between sleep deprivation and insomnia. My husband and I may try to start a family the end of this year and I'm terrified of how my insomnia will be when the baby comes. I can't fall back to sleep easy when I wake up and no matter how exhausted I can't take...
  • Annmarie1204

Who to talk to when your having a episode?

Is there any websites that insomnuacs can go to talk
  • BlackSheepFullbuster90

Sleep Deprived

Is it normal to not get sleep from being TOO stressed out?
  • Elle2618

At a loss

so this entire week I've been basically taking 2-3 hour naps twice a day. Last night, after sleeping 2 hr 45 min, I moved furniture for about 3 hours. I came home, relaxed, ate, was actually tired so I took my sleeping pill early and thought finally ill sleep normally. Was in bed for 4 hours, slept 2. I have to work tonight. I guess I'll attempt to nap again when I'm feeling a little more tired....
  • vicki7

Vicki7

my insomnia started almost 2 months ago. I stared worry when night approached. I would be worried I wouldn't sleep. I tried melanotin but not much help. I also tried antidepression medicine doctor prescribed. Not much improvement. Please help