Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

2 Online
  • Toad

Another rough night

Another crappy night of sleep got I figure 4 hours of broken sleep. So tired and drained today. I only remember tossing and turning and don't know how I fall back asleep, I guess I just exhaust myself so much I just nod off
  • Toad

Trazodone not working

Hi I've been suffering from insomnia for about two months now. It started from waking up after 4 hours of sleep now I stress about it and lie awake thinking about not sleeping and that's causing me insomnia. My family Dr prescribed me 50 mg of trazodone and that doesn't help now i take 100mg and still no luck. What would be the next med to consider?
  • Frostyzzz

Chronic Insomniac

Just joined so here's my story.  I've had troubles falling asleep since I was a teen.  I'd be really tired and get right on the edge and then eyes dart open and that's all, folks.  Instant awake.  I've been on Zopiclone for about five years now and had to halve the 7mg pill to 3.5mg.  I still wake a few times through the night but at least I'm able to fall asleep and wake up normal.  I'm...
  • Toad

Tips for bedtime

anyone care to share what kind of relaxation techniques they use if they can't sleep. For me I lay down on couch and watch a documentary that I watched a million times and eventually I zone out and fall asleep
  • Moby85

Introduction of a New Insomniac To The Group: Me

I joined this group tonight looking to give and get support for my severe chronic insomnia. My sleep had already gone downhill a little but became acute (no sleep I was concious of, almost every night) second weekend of March 2017. Where I stand currently is that I do not get sleepy (yet feel sleep debt and general malaise) and my brain will not shut off. It is not rushing, nor do I feel anxious...
  • lululemons

No sleep

I am tired of not being able to sleep. Sometimes I stay awake for days at a time and it is really frustrating. Does anyone have any advice?
  • PollyObscurum

Fears stop me from sleeping.

I cannot sleep because I keep on being afraid of things during night. Now I am afraid that I would have forgotten to turn my phone into silent, and that either my sleep will be interrupted by a person calling me.  What can I do? 
  • Moby85

What HAS Worked?

It seems we have a lot of people here whom whether their insomnia is chronic or acute, have severe insomnia. I guess that's what it takes to find a group like this!But my question is: has anything worked for you; however, temporary or even self-destructive? Such as self-medicating with a certain pill that wasn't prescribed, getting flat out drunk, staying awake for 72 hours until you collapse,...
  • Moby85

Having A Rough Day

So I'm on week 9 of having felt as if I haven't slept at all more than perhaps 4-5 days in that span. I understand the concept of "sleep state misperception" but it's not a comfort when you feel like you haven't slept at all. I read about insomniacs complaining about 4-5 hours per night - Ha! I'd pay my left arm for 4-5 hours per night.My mind will not switch off no matter the drugs (Benzos,...
  • demo7878

Waking up after 3 hours. Should I get out of bed?

I fall asleep just fine, but wake up 1-3 hours later.  My mind is racing, and I can't fall back asleep.  I'm often sweating.  At best, I then go into some kind of half-awake mode.  This has been happening for 18 months, and is associated with career issues.  Trazodone helps.All of the insomnia advice I've seen is for people who can't fall asleep.  That's not my problem.When I wake up in the...
  • Tazz_vb

Nightmares

I have been afraid to sleep. I have been having nightmares every night I do sleep and those are causing me to stay up. Can anyone give me advice on what to do about this?
  • You don’t know me but my name is Elisa and I bought The 3 Week Diet one month ago. I want to share my weight loss story with you, Brian. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Your diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time. The 3 Week Diet...
  • demo7878

Psychologist in San Francisco?

Can anyone recommend a psychologist in San Francisco who has experience dealing with insomnia?  Hopefully they'd be able to do more than just list well-known sleep hygiene techniques.
  • muskrattiger

angizity keeping me from sleeping

I can't shut my head up ....I am just filled with angizity ...I can't drive ..I am jumping at every little sound ..I have fears for my health ..like I am going to drop dead from a heart atac ...how can someone sleep like that .....and I had half of a sleeping pill and had a sleepy rea 
  • Moby85

Ideas For Pre-Bed Relaxation

Anyone have any specific ideas, links, instructions for mind-clearing relaxation techniques before you head to bed?