Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

1 Online
  • Elle2618

At a loss

so this entire week I've been basically taking 2-3 hour naps twice a day. Last night, after sleeping 2 hr 45 min, I moved furniture for about 3 hours. I came home, relaxed, ate, was actually tired so I took my sleeping pill early and thought finally ill sleep normally. Was in bed for 4 hours, slept 2. I have to work tonight. I guess I'll attempt to nap again when I'm feeling a little more tired....
  • vicki7

Vicki7

my insomnia started almost 2 months ago. I stared worry when night approached. I would be worried I wouldn't sleep. I tried melanotin but not much help. I also tried antidepression medicine doctor prescribed. Not much improvement. Please help
  • Annmarie1204

Who to talk to when your having a episode?

Is there any websites that insomnuacs can go to talk
  • hopefulholly

Afraid to have baby...

Last summer my insomnia was at its worst. It was awful straight for 3 months. Barely slept and was absolutely miserable. There's a difference between sleep deprivation and insomnia. My husband and I may try to start a family the end of this year and I'm terrified of how my insomnia will be when the baby comes. I can't fall back to sleep easy when I wake up and no matter how exhausted I can't take...
  • LaurieAlice

New to the group

Hi.  I’m new to the group and I really don’t know where to start with this one.  I have a lot of trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep.  I guess I just need some suggestions.  I am working on getting a doctor’s appointment.
  • kimmy.namjoon

waves

my insomnia comes in waves. i have literally gone four days without sleeping now and the hallucinations are back. yikes. 
  • Flipper

Are there any victory stories over insomnia?

I had a 3 month bout early 2016 and finally came out of it with prayer and the right meds.  Many totally sleepless nights or 2-4 hour sleep nights.  It was horrible.  Now for the past week it has started again.  The last 3 nights I only had 5 hours sleep total leaving me totally anxious and feeling miserable during the day.  I need some encouragement and success stories of living with this...
  • Flipper

Any success stories of beating insomnia?

i need some encouragement.  Feeling miserable due to many sleepless nights this past week.  I had insomnia once before for 3 months and it was horrible.  Was so thankful when I came out.  Now that it is back I feel at wits end.  Hard to function at work, with family, etc.  just horrible
  • GMA01231923

Insomnia taking trazadone 150 mg not working.

Anyone taking Trazodone for sleeping.  It's seems to not work like Kolonopin. 
  • IneedSleep19

The worst its been

I find that i deal with insomnia in bouts, im in a bad bit right now laying down for hours to no avail. Currently since it started back up I have gone almost 4 days with about 2-3 hours a night. CANT. FALL. ASLEEP. Does anyone have a worse case than mine? Just kinda need to talk to someone
  • reerose

what is sleep?

its 330 a.m.  i cant shut down as usual.  this is probably 1 reason why i fall & pass out at random times.  somebody pray for me?  Maria 
  • reerose

Why is there never anyone on this site?

its only 1030 p.m.  5-6 hrs before my usual panic to try to sleep.  but this is an insomnia site.  ive gone on it all times of the night & theres never anyone who ever responds til the next day.  i think im outta here.  i do appreciate the advice, help & comments that youve left.dont get me wrong. im not being mean, but it seems like im the only one up all night. dont be on this group if...
  • reerose

Here I Go Again

i had one decent nights sleep (in forever) last nite.  i should be thankful,  but its 4a.m. & i cant get drowsy.  i watched about 8 hrs of Star Trek, now theyre rerunning those episodes.  what do i do now? im shutting everything down & praying.  i cant function every day without semi normal sleep.  i envy people who can go to bed & sleep!  im gonna try . . . .     
  • reerose

No Sleep Again

its almost 4 a.m.  cant shut down & sleep.  this is every night for years. i get to sleep for 2ish hours around 7 a.m.   sleeping pills & my nite time meds dont work.just had to get it off my chest.  thanks for listening.  hugs, M.
  • DailyStruggle1979

insomnia crisis

I am at my wits end with insomnia. I have had insomnia for ten years at least now. I have tried melatonin, valarian root, lunesta, ativan, ambien, ambien CR and most recent trazodone. i dont have caffein past 9 am. None of these works on their own. i have to add 3 zquienil to ativan for that to work, ambien cr or anything else i have to add the regular ambien plus the zquil to work. Last night i...