Insomnia Support Group

Insomnia is a symptom, rather than a disease, and is characterized by inadequate quantity or quality of sleep. People with insomnia complain of difficulty falling or staying asleep, which results in significant impairment of daytime functioning. Insomnia is categorized as transient (shorter than one week), short-term (one to three weeks) or chronic (longer than three weeks).

1 Online
1 Online
  • I am feeling so desperate. I can only sleep for about 10-20 mins then wake up with a big rush of adrenaline and cannot get back to sleep for the rest of the night. The lack of sleep then makes me more full of adrenaline and it is a vicious cycle.I cannot have sleep meds as nothing works anymore.Has anyone had any success with sleep restriction for such a severe case of insomnia?Carrie
  • Hi everyoneI have a lot of anxiety around sleep but I don't technically have insomnia BUT I've been advised to follow the treatment for insomnia (CBT) because there is some sort of vibration taking place in my flat at night (possibly water pipes/boiler or something) and I haven't yet been able to trace the source.So a big problem I've got is I get around 4 hours sleep a night and then the...
  • I've had trouble actually falling asleep since the beginning of the month requiring usually over an hour to finally sleep. 4 days ago, however, I told my doctor about it and he prescribed 50 mg of Trazedone for me to take daily before bed and I'm scared because it's not working when everyone says it should have worked on the first night. Do I need to just stick with it or is there something wrong...
  • I've posted serval times here but not for a while, my insomnia is back after like 6 months after falling sick with the cold and flu. I got some sleep on the first 2 nights of being sick, the doctor prescribed me day and night cold and flu tablets. They have not done much for me. I think the tablets have made me heart flutter for the past 2 nights as I haven't slept the past 2 nights and it's...
  • ocdgirl

Anybody

Are any of you suffering from insomnia due to a fear of sleeping? I suffer from OCD and get terrible intusive thoughts about my sleep.
  • I slept 2 hours in 3 days I don't know what to do anymore I'm scared of never sleeping again and that ill die I stayed in bed non-stop trying to sleep but nothing happened...tried valerian pills...I managed to sleep 1 hour before waking up sweaty and increased heart rate...
  • My besty spent three nights here and i gave him my bed i cannot sleep with him we both talk to each other enchoherently in our sleep he grinds his teeth and drinking has to stop he had a full bottle of vodka and a case in about eight hours, slept some off and left at 6 it was pouring rain and the inciciderate bast didnt call to say he got home. hes got a brand new car hes so excited people look...
  • Imsotired

Exhausted

is anyone still up at almost 4 am because they can sleep I wish insomnia didn't exist
  • i know it's only the beginning of August,but i'm already thinking about when the clocks go back and it will take longer for the sun to come up.As it is,since i seem to wake up at 2:30 AM every morning,i have hours of darkness to endure...the most recent thing my doctor has tried is Remeron,and although it has made it easier to fall asleep,i'm still up most of the night....add to that it has made...
  • I know a good way to reduce insomnia. It is a small device with CES technology. It looks like an earphone, and can listen to music.If you want to know more information, just contact me.
  • Brandy

Sleep problems

A part of my prroblem is my head. It drives me nutsKeeps running like it's in a marathon.Anyone have this?Where your head literally won't shut up?
  • I ordered some the other day and am eager to try it out. I have really long rough bouts where I sleep none at all for a couple weeks. It's madening. Otherwise, I usually only get 2-4 hours a night (for the passed 2 years). I'm pretty functional, however. I have to be. I work at a bank part time, I'm 31, never maried, support myself completely. I think that's just it tho. I don't want to be alone...
  • ReclaimedHope

Ugh...

It's not entirely too late here but I can't seem to sleep so I'm writing a leter to a guy that I like, finally telling him that I have leukemia. It's probably not the right choice, but I'm doing it anyways.
  • patti22

Being woken up

Really really is miserable.
  • sonnycamehome

Dreams/Waking

I have been sleeping really well now for several months...going to bed at 10p and waking up at 8a. I know that sounds like a lot of sleep, but I have several chronic illnesses, so I think my body needs the extra sleep. Lately though, I have been having very vivid dreams and waking up after each one, maybe 5 or 6 times a night that I know of. Anyone know what would cause this to suddenly happen...