High Blood Pressure Support Group

Hypertension or high blood pressure is a medical condition wherein the blood pressure is chronically elevated. Persistent hypertension is one of the risk factors for strokes, heart attacks, heart failure and arterial aneurysm, and is a leading cause of chronic renal failure. Doctors recommend weight loss and regular exercise as the first steps in treating mild to moderate hypertension.

0 Online
  • aramirez626

How to figure out what is causing my high BP

Hello all! I am new to this site and am desperately looking for advice. My blood pressure seems to fluctuate between 140/80 - 145/90. I am trying to figure out what is causing this. a little about me:43 Yr old Male6 ft tall, 204 lbsAll blood work normal except Triglycerides, which are at 218 mg/dL.I eat a low carb diet, high in protein, not low in saturated fat however, but try to eat leaner...
  • bayrabbit01

Drugs and possible side effects

Does anyone know if  Prednisone, Metoprololor or Amiodipine have any side effects like heartburn from taking it on an empty stomach?  Just trying to narrow the pills that I am taking to find out which pills I might have to take on a full stomach to avoid this one annoying side effect....
  • Shae1961

HBP Woes

I have had HBP for approx 20 yrs.  I also have AFIB and GERD.I am approx 50 lbs overweight and trying desperately to lose it.Lately I've been having BP spikes (180-190 over 95-105) on a daily basis.  I get slight breathlessness, chest tightness and sometimes a headache (not severe).  These spikes last anywhere from 15 mins to 4-5 hrs.I am currently taking HCTZ, Atenolol, Aspirin, Avapro,...
  • rainbowlegacym55

anyone care to share on lisnopril and side effects

Been on it for awhile and have to say all but the cough it seems to work what are long term side effects
  • sonya0378

CoQ10?

Anyone try CoQ10 to lower blood pressure?
  • rainbowlegacym55

bp reading ok but at night i hear my beating heart

i have ptsd anxiety or bp
  • bayrabbit01

Blood pressure meds

Is it possible to withdraw from blood pressure meds, either tapering or cold turkey while keeping your blood pressure at a normal level?   Or will I have to keep taking them for the rest of my life?  Any  thoughts?
  • dpressedx2

Lisinopril causing anxiety?

Lisinopril is the only medicine I take which is why I believe it's the lisinopril causing me some anxiety. Anybody else experience this?
  • ruthgrps

waiting for the heart attack

My blood pressure has been so high for so long now that I am expecting to have a heart attack or a stroke, I feel up tight and my heart murmur loud. I am on two medications for my blood pressure, and was given another which I had a reaction to, the doctor gave me another medication in the same group so I cant take that. So I am waiting for another gp appointment to see if I can get something...
  • ruthgrps

Night time blood pressure problems

Does anyone else have the feeling of their blood pressure being elevated at night, I am one of those people that is very in tune with what is going in their body. I know when its up, when I took it in the morning it was 170/90 goodness knows how high it was over night.Just wondered does anyone else get this
  • Reed31

A possible solution for trauma-based hbp

I had low blood pressure right up until immediately prior to my surgery. Then immediately before I flipped out and it shot up. After surgery, it didn't drop back to normal. It remained highish - 140/90 and sometimes higher. Apparently, this is a thing - the way you go in to surgery is the way you come out of surgery in terms of bp. I tried a number of solutions - diet, exercise, magnesium,...
  • ruthgrps

blood pressure wont go down

My bp has sat at 160/90 for weeks now, it just wont go down, quite worried as my dad had major heart problems from which he died,at quite a young age, 72, these days its quite young, I dont know quite what to do, I am going back to the docs this week, I get regular headaches, flight and fight response clicks in most days, the tv makes me feel stressed, most of the time, I badly wont to get out in...
  • ruthgrps

Blood pressure still wont go down

I'm trying to loose weight, and exercising but it still wont budge from 170/90
  • ruthgrps

Blood Pressure wont go down.

I'm taking three different blood pressure medication and still my blood pressure wont go down, I am going to the doctors this week to see about it but wondered if anyone had any tips, that might help, there is a lot of stress at home, medical mostly, my daughter is disabled and my husband has health issues too as do I.
  • sclark08

blood pressure spikes

I have had HBP for 15 yrs and it has been pretty well controlled. Last 3 months I am having these spikes 190/99 180/100. I have put on about 20 lbs. Will that do it. Thanks