Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online

Armpit Flare Up

Just looking for some insight. I've been dealing with a flare up in my armpit for about six months, where it never opened up but was very painful. It's my first flareup and I'm just learning about HS. It opened up almost 2 weeks ago and has been draining ever since. Should I push on it to make it drain more? Or is that bad? Also, do they ever go away, or will I have constant open sore at all...
  • I'm a 43 year old female and have been dealing with HS since I was 15.  I've been taking Minocycline for about 20 years and recently was put on Bactrum.  I know that taking antibiotics for a long time is not good for your body, but I feel like if I stop then my Stage 3 HS will get worse.  Has anyone else taken antibiotics for a long period of time?I also recently started taking Spironolactone...
  • Silverwing94

Sometimes I can't take it

I'm currently 21 years old and was diagnosed with HS at 15. It's a very hard thing to talk about with my family because even though they try to understand it, they can only go so far with understanding because they don't have it. (Except for my dad whom also has it but we aren't on too well off terms.) I fear getting these abscesses and while I try to keep them under control I've recently gotten...
  • chronic99

SCVs, L-forms, Biofilms...

Many apologies, I may be misadvising people on the subject of SCV (small colony variant) microbes as the likeliest cause of recurrence of HS following improvements caused by antibiotics. I'm still not entirely sure, it's a pretty complicated subject, but I thought I might owe people a warning.One place where I may have gone wrong is that I've seen SCVs associated with long courses of antibiotics...
  • Hi everyone. I'm a new member of this group. I've had HS since I was I think 13 or somewhere around there, and I am now 18. I'm starting to become sexually active and I'm always really self conscious of my HS scars/breakouts. I was wondering if anyone here has actually achieved remission/are close? Or has anyone found a way to fade their scars? How did you do it? Now more than ever my HS is...
  • Hi, I'm new to this support group. I came here to tell everyone that I used to suffer from HS, including all the "treatments" that didn't work. Antibiotics, draining, surgery, etc. About a year ago I stumbled across a natural food website that said the spice Turmeric cures boils. Well, I consider my HS sores boils so I tried it.I couldn't believe it. I freaking works. I cyst that I had near my...
  • Rhea1524

Never Ending Battle

Hi, everyone, Im new to the group.  I am 66 years old and have been suffering with this disease since I was 18.  I had all the glands removed from my armpits, groin and 1/4 of my breast.  Nothing seems to help. Now i get them in my abdomen.  I have tried every antibiotic, every bacterial soap and nothing has worked for me.  It is depressing, the pain I go thru and the scars I live with. ...
  • Suffers

Spots spots spots

So my lower back is full of air and puss I have a new spot on the upper shoulder that's half time full of air or puss I just got suspended for calling off for spots what should i do
  • haileerae13

Abdomen and intense sweating

Out of curiosity has anyone ever had hs appear on their upper abdomen? Out of the last 7 years of having this disease, I have never had a sore there until recently. It is basically located on my rib cage, it just seems strange to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had a sore in that area....on a side note, does anyone else experience intense sweating? I can be sitting down doing absolutely...
  • stephanie2384

Open lesion?

Hi everyone. I've been dealing with HS for well over a decade and just recently was diagnosed. I'm thankfully starting some antibiotics, turmeric and trying to cut out nightshade veggies to see how that helps. I currently have a lesion that I've been struggling with for a couple of months. It was terribly swollen for a long time and thankfully that has gone down, but it has opened up and there...

Brand New

Hi Everyone, I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with HS this week. I've been dealing with two small bumps in my armpit for 6 months, and my doctor couldn't figure out what it was. It was always very painful to have my arm at my side, stretch or lift anything. I finally went to a general surgeon, who diagnosed me - but didn't give me any information. He wrote down the name and told me to research...
  • OverComer27

Worked for me

Just wanted to post this to help someone as it helped me. My HS accellerated over the last year for some reason. I tried everything, but these things worked and I wanted to share:1. I ordered Emuaid ointment and soap-which shrunk boils and irritations in the groin area dramatically and stops itching. I wash with the soap daily.2. This was miraculous for me: Clear Calamine lotion! Calaclear or any...
  • Teelynch88

Are their natural treatmenta for HS

Hi my name is Tianna..I have had HS since I was 13 years old I am now 28 and I am wondering if anyone has tired any natural things to help with flares ups...I use to get them all the time but under my arms, gorin...I started using tea.tree oil arm deodorant which is helping a lot I get a flare up there maybe every six month but under my breast as became my new problem area...as anyone tired...
  • mgennetti

Turmeric cream for HS a Godsend

Hello fellow warriors! I just want to get this out to as many as I can. I am 38 and have battled HS in my inner thighs for some time now, but i was diagnosed just last year. Here is what works for me. I wash the area in the shower every day wether i have a flare or not. You can find that at any pharmacy/drugstore. I also take a 500mg turmeric suppliment twice daily, you can find that with...
  • Chloe4

I have just been diagnosed with HS...

Hi guys! For two weeks i've had really painful lumps under my arms, I was so fed up of the pain and it took me two weeks to get an appointment with my GP, in the mean time I read about HS and became terrified that that would be my diagnosis, I eventually saw a doctor who immediately told me that I had HS, that it would never go away and that there was nothing he could do for my pain.... I left...