Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
0 Online
  • chronic99

HS Without Bacteria?

If you've been reading here very long, you know me - I get my undergarments in a major twist every time I hear of someone's doctor telling them there is such a thing as HS without bacteria, or of someone's doctor using a medication besides antibiotics on HS. I'm sure that's still hard for some of us to understand because we've probably been let down by a number of antibiotics if we still have HS,...
  • ashdoodle

Ive been diagnosed with HS for about 9 years now but have been suffering from it for about 14. I went to several doctors who all told me I was just overweight and didn't keep good enough hygiene so I was just getting boils, cysts, in grown hairs. One doctor even told me I had overactive sweat glands and proceeded to prescribe me extra strength deodorant. I guess long story short lol is that this...
  • hopingforacure

Help!!!

My first experience with HS happened about a month ago, I went to the doctor she gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. She said that I had MRSA, and while I was shocked and horrified, and went through all of the proper precautions for anyone with mrsa (I also ended up going to another doctor for a second opinion, and they told me to get hibiclense body wash :-/ ). So the antibiotics...
  • Good afternoon! I'm new and I'm so glad to have found a place to ask questions and have folks understand what I'm experiencing. I've had HS for years. Most of the bumps are on the inside of my thigh or my bikini line in my groin. It's caused major scarring and I'm super embarassed. To the point where I stopped being sexually active five years ago.But recently, when a bump will pop open or drain,...
  • bunnylove

New to the group

Hi everyone. I'm happy I finally found people I could talk to about this. I have been with HS for quite some time now. I believe it started about sometime in middle school. Although they weren't so bad then, they are now. After I told my mom about them finally, she ordered me to go to the doctors. Before I even thought about telling her, I did my own research and self-diagnosed myself. After...
  • erichafernan28

Hs

I'm so worried about losing my job . I only been working there for a month now , I even left my other job of a year for this one cause it pays better but now I have one the size of baseball in my inner thighs and I can't walk as much cause my thighs touch each other. I already miss two days plus more cause one my family member died but I don't know what to do anymore guys . I'm the provider but I...
  • BlueLeo0870

I'm new here

Hello, I have been been suffering from HS for 8 years. I have tried many things to help the pain and flare ups. It's been getting worse in the last year. Multiple boils that get up to an inch and lately they have been opening. I now have a lession in the right armpit. As you all know it's extremely painful and embarrassing. Tonight I'm going to start a turmeric paste and add turmeric capsules to...
  • Hello everyone! I'm a male 42 yrs old who has had HS for YEARS!! I've been on so much medications which have done nothing. Finally I have opted for surgery which is set for tomorrow 2/22. The doctor is doing a "skin flap" under my arms. I will be doing the left arm first followed by the right arm approx a month later. Has anyone had this type of surgery before? I know I will be in pain for a few...
  • freddiekatt

new here

I've had this affliction for all my life I think. I remember going to a doc in university to drain a cyst. Then I had a sabaticle for a long time. The last 10 years have been terrible. I don't know what I can do.....surgery? I have these episodes that come up all the time. I have cysts and tracts....it's horrible. No one should have to deal with such pain. I have all these cysts in my...
  • Many apologies, I may be misadvising people on the subject of SCV (small colony variant) microbes as the likeliest cause of recurrence of HS following improvements caused by antibiotics. I'm still not entirely sure, it's a pretty complicated subject, but I thought I might owe people a warning.One place where I may have gone wrong is that I've seen SCVs associated with long courses of antibiotics...
  • Latyia36

Going into surgery

I had been dealing with this god awful disease for 7 yrs they pop leak drain sometimes they don't I don't get one or two I get five to six under each arm they can get as big as a peanut I've been on every medicine to treat it humira was the last straw oral creams and injections didn't work my only options was surgery so seven weeks from now my life will change I can't wait
  • livia21

Low Glicemic Diet

Hi everybody?Has anyone tried to take a journal of your daily food intake?I have noticed to flare when I eat high glicemic food.I will give it a try to a low glicemic diet.Hope to hear from you!
  • breezybri

HS and pregnancy

Hi everyone,My name is Brianna. I. Not exactly new I just haven't been here in a while. I've been suffering with HS since 2009. I might be pregnant and Im on Norco for my pain. I know the pain medicine is DEFINITELY NOT good for the baby but I also don't want to go through withdrawl either and I don't want my baby to be addicted. Has anyone gone through this situation? I need all the advice I can...
  • Freespirit

Hello

I literally thought I was one of few people who suffered from this terrible skin condition , and cryed reading some of your stories because I can totally relate I'm 23 years old and it sure has been a rough ride It all started around the time I started menstruation about 12 I would get a few here and there under my arms , it progressed to my thighs I seen mutiple doctors who prescribed me...
  • Hello all i am new to this group but so happy to have found it i never knew there was a support group for HS.i have been suffering with this for more than 30 years now i have had hundreds of not only office visits to the doctor but numerous ER visits as well only to return again and again.i was basically forced to stop working because i would have a breakout @ least once every two weeks which the...