Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
  • tayena

beard czar

he way in which a man's beard grows depends on a huge array of physical factors. Testosterone levels, genetics, age, and stress levels all play a role in the speed at which a beard grows and the fullness at which it develops. Throughout this process, many men are confronted with frizzy beards that can be irritating to the man growing the beard and his partner.READ MORE>>>>>>>...
  • chronic99

SCVs, L-forms, Biofilms...

Many apologies, I may be misadvising people on the subject of SCV (small colony variant) microbes as the likeliest cause of recurrence of HS following improvements caused by antibiotics. I'm still not entirely sure, it's a pretty complicated subject, but I thought I might owe people a warning.One place where I may have gone wrong is that I've seen SCVs associated with long courses of antibiotics...
  • leelee89

Family

Does anyone else NOT get support from your family? Since my mom died I've been alone dealing with my emotions and HS secretly. (Yea, i shpuld go to therapy but have no insurance) I have a sister but she spends all her time with her girl friend and doesn't even come in to check on me the days I can't even get out of bed. I told my sister about the struggle with HS... she cried and got over it....
  • colleen3

Early signs-?

A year ago I took a strong antibiotic and subsequently developed a rash in my armpits, groin, and on my butt. The rash looked like nothing I could find online - looked like bug bites or hives more than anything. A year later it's much better but if I run outside in high heat I still get these outbreaks of itchy bug bite like bumps that can last for a few days. I use a sulfur acne drying lotion on...
  • Stylist92

It gets better guys.

I'm 24 this year, I was diagnosed with HS when I was 11 years old. I spent weeks not knowing what this condition was and missed school for every one of those days. Being smack dab in the middle of puberty  made everything worse. I was ashamed of my condition and it came with all of the typical psychological issues- I thought I was deformed and would never be able to swim and wear tank tops and...
  • Hi everyone!! Woke up feeling quite down today and glad I found the group. I've suffered from HS since age 12, I am now almost 30 and my lady area gets worse and worse as time goes by. Thankfully, my bum and underarm have dried and healed on their own over the years. My libido seems to drop lower and lower the more my fiance wants sex, and yes that's pretty often. Even before my lady parts became...
  • Kentya

Near by?

Is anyone in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area who suffers from HS? 
  • lemon221

Humira

Hello everyone. I just joined the group but have been suffering from HS for about 25 years. It's gotten progressively worse. My doctor and I have decided to tryo Humira. Have any of you tried this treatment for HS? What was your experience?
  • I've just joined today as have been suffering with HS for many years. It's mainly my groin area and buttocks. So painful is hard to walk or sit. I've tried antibiotics lots but didn't help so I'm going to up my intake of turmeric, see a herbalist, cut out dairy and sugar in my diet and use a tea tree wash daily on affected areas. Has anyone else tried any of these things? 
  • ThaSaint94

Day by day

I'm 21 years old and I was diagnosed with HS a few years back. I have seen many doctors and dermatologists. I'm glad I'm not alone because lately that's how I have been feeling. I have several HS, I have pain all the time and wear special clothes just because of draining. I just saw a dermatologist yesterday who is putting me on a different medicine for 10 weeks... I hope it works
  • Troubled

New to this support group thing.

Hello all I am a 26 y/o woman who has been suffering with HS for 10 years now. This is my first time ever joining a support group. I guess I finally decided to do it because I  feel alone with this disease. People who don't suffer from this never understand what I go through everyday. Then when I try to talk about it with someone, they don't get my pain or frustrations. So I'm just here to make...
  • Hello. I'm a 26 year old male. Recently diagnosed with mild to moderate hidradentis. To be honest I'm trying to join this forum out of pure desperation... My issues started earlier this year. Iva always had some issues with what I thought was minor folliculitis on my butt and legs that would act up during sweaty activities in the heat. This year though... All of a sudden I'm breaking out in my...
  • I was a member a long time ago, I can't get my old account to reset the password. But I wanted to come back and share what's been happening and what has COMPLETELY changed everything for me.I stopped all dairy. Completely. I went all crazy reading labels and questioning waiters in restaurants about ingredients. And it's taken about 2-3 months, but I went from constant breakouts with a couple of...
  • Amaunet

I'm New :)

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hello. I have a moderate, sometimes severe (not lately) case of HS. It started when I was in middle school on the pantylines. By high school and college they were also under my arms and have since moved almost exclusively to the creases under my breasts. It's so uncomfortable...which of course you know. But being busty, wire  bras are kind of a necessity and...
  • MGC

New to having HS!

Hello everyone,I've been living with HS for a long time but not knowing it until it became aggressive.  I got dignosed about 1 year ago and I'm SO glade that I can put a name to it and not live in shame.  Has anyone ever consider taking Zinc to help with the symptoms.  I'm not a huge fan of medication.  Just trying to find more a organic way to relieve pain and break outs.  I know diet,...