Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
  • neptunegirl

Humira for the first time

Hi.. I'm a 17 years old girl and a  junior in highschool. I have been dealing with this disease for as long as I can remember. I've been on countless antibiotics and I've used every organic and non organic topical cream there is. I have used a thousand different soaps and I've tried a thousand more diets... and at this point I feel helpless. Recently I visited the dermatologist because I was...
  • macdenise

antibacterial soap for HS

Anyone know of a certain brand to use? I use dove soap when I take a shower. Since I'm unable to use anything else. I've heard of using antibacterial soap for HS I was wondering if this wound help. I get acene a lot too, especially on my face. Also, does HS stop at 40 for women I just heard it might from my doctor?
  • deleted_user

Pain Meds?

Hi all - Just wondering how many of you are on some type of meds to manage the pain of HS. I don't think anyone except sufferers truly understand how much it hurts when you have a golfball sized lump at the bottom of your butt cheek, or between your thighs, that makes it hard as HECK to sit down, walk, or even lie down comfortably. I have slept with a heating pad crammed between my legs for the...
  • porcelainghost

I just need to rant. I found out today.

I found out today that I have HS. I've been having these painful abscesses since June of 2016, and really thought it was nothing. I went to the doctor and I just received an antibiotic and that was that. I wasn't told anything other than that it was "just" an abscess. To my dismay (before I could get back to the doctor) it popped, leaving me with a very nasty and scary situation. I was 18 and had...
  • tjt8712

Update on experience with Humira

I want to thank everyone who responded to my last post. Since mid March I have stopped using Humira and my lesions have calmed significantly. For the last few weeks I have been taking Rifampin and Clyndamycin and they seem to keep the lesions in check. In two weeks I will be starting Remicade. I'm nervous about starting this treatment after my experience with Humira, but a consulting doctor from...
  • Loved

Deroofing procedure

Hi all.  I'm new here.  I have had HS for almost 20 years I'm 35 and stage 2.  I had a deroofing procedure on my right thigh on Friday and was wondering if anyone else has done this?    It is an open wound 4 inches by 1 and 1/2 inches. I am hoping to be able to talk to a fellow member about the recovery and pain.  Thanks everyone.  Sending love to all.
  • Mufaris1

Face to face

Hello HS community !!Question, has anyone ever met/ been in the same room with a fellow HS sufferer?? I HAVEN'T! We're pretty much always alone:(I  think it would be so nice to actually meet people in person who share this! To be in a physical setting surrounded with people that get it for a change! I just think it could be good for the spirit to be in an environment of understanding as opposed...
  • JoshM

Anyone been prescribed Spironolactin?

A friend was diagnosed with severe acne and was prescribed Spironolactin. She saw it all clear up but only mild outbreaks. She thinks it might work for me. I'm male so I highly doubt I can get a doctor to prescribe a strong T blocker. I'm wondering if anyone has had it prescribed for HS and did it work? If it Did wonders and cleared everything up. If it Did i would be more then happy to get it...
  • deleted_user

CERTAIN DRI

Has anyone tried this?
  • tjt8712

Biologics for treating HS

Hello,I recently joined this group and wanted to know what anyones' experiences have been using biologics for treating HS. I have been on weekly Humira injections since June of last year and up until the last two months the severity of my lesions had lessened and the flare ups had been reduced. Recently though I have experienced a sever ongoing flare up that is worse than any I have experienced...
  • jameriaa1

Itchy

My HS is in the armpit area. I have wounds that have not healed in the last 6 months and they are starting to itch. Is anyone been having any itching symptoms to theirs? 
  • Ashmwil

Hidradenitis surgery

Im having surgery on my armpit next week.. I don't consider my case to be as bad as some I've seen on google. Has anyone had surgery for a minor case? How long was recovery? I am a server and I dont want to be down to long.
  • unidentified

New but in a good place

Hey all, I'm fairly new here. I avoided support groups for years because this disease can really eat away at you on its own and the internet can really take you down some scary HS roads. But, after a recent horrible breakout combined with some other issues, I'm finally in a good place. I've just started laser hair removal treatments, I'm getting back on Humira after a miserable two months off it...
  • deleted_user

Homeopathy - Very effective and possible cure

Hello Guys,I had this condition for the last 8 years and just had it appearing under my arms. It just used to appear, burst and disappear every now and then and i just ignored the issue since most of the time, it was dormant.Anyways, last year I saw 3 Dermatologists and only the last one was able to diagnose that it was HS.Antibiotics:Initially, the first Doc's prescribe me antibiocs (Sifran...
  • Cindylouwho45

HS Struggle

Hello new here. Ive have had HS since I was 16 but was just diagnosted about 7 years ago and I'm in my late 40s.  I've have had flairs off and on all my life but have been able to get them under control fairly quick. Well back in Jan. I got a really bad flair in the soft flesh of my under arm with multi boils. They broke open, drained and did not get better so I went on short term antibiotics...