Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Many apologies, I may be misadvising people on the subject of SCV (small colony variant) microbes as the likeliest cause of recurrence of HS following improvements caused by antibiotics. I'm still not entirely sure, it's a pretty complicated subject, but I thought I might owe people a warning.One place where I may have gone wrong is that I've seen SCVs associated with long courses of antibiotics...
  • I was wondering, does Hidradenitis Suppurativa affect a woman's infertility? This is a problem I don't wanna run into in the future. Any mothers with Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
  • deleted_user

pregnancy and hs

Ladies I need advice please. My fiancee are trying to conceive and I need any advice about managing pain and any medicine that helped. Basically I need any advice for pregnancy u are willing to give
  • carleenhinesley

Waxing

I've had HS for a while now, but was recently diagnosed (nice to FINALLY know a name). I was wondering if anyone has ever tried waxing? And does it help? Never done waxing (besides facial), so feeling nervous and don't want to do it if there is no benefits with HS.
  • My husband and I are currently trying to get pregnant. Among the things that worry me is my HS. When I went off birth control a year ago my HS got dramatically worse, it took a while for it to happen but it's much worse than it ever was before. I've started to break out on my face, which I never did when I was younger, they're cyst like pimples, but not exactly like HS. For those of you who have...
  • My boyfriend has had hs for 12 yrs. Armpit removed 6 mo ago. Disease is severe from the waist down so he has had alot of surgeries and that is not going so well. Large graft on lower back never healed due to drainage from below. Butt and groin horrible. Anyway dr started him on avelox, flagyl and rifampin. Insurance wont cover the avelox, then I see that this drug is maybe causing aortic...
  • freddiekatt

new here

I've had this affliction for all my life I think. I remember going to a doc in university to drain a cyst. Then I had a sabaticle for a long time. The last 10 years have been terrible. I don't know what I can do.....surgery? I have these episodes that come up all the time. I have cysts and tracts....it's horrible. No one should have to deal with such pain. I have all these cysts in my...
  • angelusx

Tell Us your story

Tell Us your story: how old were you when this malediction begun to manifest itself on your body? How did you cope, not only with the physical aspect of this condition, but emotionally? The methods you've employed in your attempt to deal with this horrible disease? Doctors? Treatments? All of it. I'm interested in your story. Thank you.
  • Bn aprmidi,I've recently relocated from the country to a highly polluted city. In the 2 and a half years that I lived in a virtual forest, my HS took a nosedive(it practically disappeared). But now that ive returned to the city(nearly 4 months), this wretched condition has been progressively getting worse. Coincidence? Maybe other factors unconsidered here are culpable or responsible. Or do you...
  • breezybri

HS and pregnancy

Hi everyone,My name is Brianna. I. Not exactly new I just haven't been here in a while. I've been suffering with HS since 2009. I might be pregnant and Im on Norco for my pain. I know the pain medicine is DEFINITELY NOT good for the baby but I also don't want to go through withdrawl either and I don't want my baby to be addicted. Has anyone gone through this situation? I need all the advice I can...
  • Tomorrow morning I am finally going to the derm about my HS. I never knew what it was and I FINALLY found out after researching forever. I am 23 yo female & my HS is between my thighs and between my butt cheeks
  • bunnylove

New to the group

Hi everyone. I'm happy I finally found people I could talk to about this. I have been with HS for quite some time now. I believe it started about sometime in middle school. Although they weren't so bad then, they are now. After I told my mom about them finally, she ordered me to go to the doctors. Before I even thought about telling her, I did my own research and self-diagnosed myself. After...
  • Hello everyone! I'm a male 42 yrs old who has had HS for YEARS!! I've been on so much medications which have done nothing. Finally I have opted for surgery which is set for tomorrow 2/22. The doctor is doing a "skin flap" under my arms. I will be doing the left arm first followed by the right arm approx a month later. Has anyone had this type of surgery before? I know I will be in pain for a few...
  • chronic99

HS Without Bacteria?

If you've been reading here very long, you know me - I get my undergarments in a major twist every time I hear of someone's doctor telling them there is such a thing as HS without bacteria, or of someone's doctor using a medication besides antibiotics on HS. I'm sure that's still hard for some of us to understand because we've probably been let down by a number of antibiotics if we still have HS,...
  • ashdoodle

Ive been diagnosed with HS for about 9 years now but have been suffering from it for about 14. I went to several doctors who all told me I was just overweight and didn't keep good enough hygiene so I was just getting boils, cysts, in grown hairs. One doctor even told me I had overactive sweat glands and proceeded to prescribe me extra strength deodorant. I guess long story short lol is that this...