Hidradenitis Suppurativa Support Group

Hidradenitis suppurativa (hi-drad-uh-NIE-tis sup-yoo-ruh-TIE-vuh) is rare, long-term skin condition that features small, painful lumps under the skin. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses or boils, sometimes as large as baseballs, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal.

0 Online
  • MissAMH

HS Surgery

Hi All, I am 30 years old and was diagnosed with HS 6 years ago. From May 2010 to August 2012 I had 45 abscesses removed from under my arms, under general anaesthetic. I had all my glands removed from there and a skin graft in September 2012 and had no problem since in that area. But almost as soon as the stopped there I was getting them in my groin area. I have had another 54 operations to...
  • TornadoGirl

Stop the milk products, seriously

I was a member a long time ago, I can't get my old account to reset the password. But I wanted to come back and share what's been happening and what has COMPLETELY changed everything for me.I stopped all dairy. Completely. I went all crazy reading labels and questioning waiters in restaurants about ingredients. And it's taken about 2-3 months, but I went from constant breakouts with a couple of...
  • Troubled

Is there anyone in the Boston area who suffers from HS???
  • bride_of_chucky

Hi all, I'm a 25 year old female from the UK. I've suffered with HS since i was a teenager. I spend my whole teen years feeling like a freak/ self conscious. Last year I finally plucked up the courage to go see my doctor to get help for HS. (I'd already diagnosed myself by google). I've been on different types of antibiotics for months that worked at first but then stopped. I've now been referred...
  • smiles19

HS and Ankylosing Spondylitis

Does anyone have HS and AS?  If so what have you tried to treat them?My doc wants me to start Humria for the AS but apparenlty my derm thinks that the HS isn't bad enough for Humria without trying soemthing else first.  
  • Systemfailure

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm 16 and I've had HS for 4 or 5 years but didn't go to the doctor about until it had cause scarring and tunnels, it's really bad under my arms and surgery has been presented as a likely option ; I was wondering if any of you could tell me what I would expecting pain wise and recovery time. Anything helps :)
  • puddingpop

Is bruising normal?

Hi, I'm 22 years old and I've only recently been diagnosed but have had HS for about a year and a half. I've noticed the HS has really flared up since my diagnosis, though I'm luckily still in stage 1.I'm rather overweight and my tummy sags over my groin so that's where I'm really affected, and I have a terrible habit of picking at things - scabs, spots, you name it. I try not to, but I often...
  • Hello,My name is Kim and I have suffered from Hidradenitis Suppurativa for 6 years.  In 2012, I had a wide excision surgery in my underarm with a follow-up skin graft.  In 2013, I had a wide excision surgery on my abdomen with suture follow-up.  I currently have HS bilaterally on my groin and inner thighs with extensive tunneling and flare-ups resulting in blood and puss on a daily basis. ...
  • maddynicole7

Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone! My name is Maddy and I have had HS since I was 14 years old (I will be 21 next week) but was just diagnosed 3 months ago and started Humira Injections 2 months ago. I am in stage 3. I have decided to join this support group in hopes of connecting with people who can understand what I go through day to day. This disease has really taken a toll on my life. It has been extremely hard to...
  • Chloe4

I have just been diagnosed with HS...

Hi guys! For two weeks i've had really painful lumps under my arms, I was so fed up of the pain and it took me two weeks to get an appointment with my GP, in the mean time I read about HS and became terrified that that would be my diagnosis, I eventually saw a doctor who immediately told me that I had HS, that it would never go away and that there was nothing he could do for my pain.... I left...
  • Muffyrose

Hey all,  I'd love to just have someone to talk to,  it's a hard thing to deal with and I feel like I'm starting to sink into a depression. It's going on to 9 years with this and was only diagnosed two years ago.  
  • quarterlifecrisis

HS & Menstrual Cycle

Hello, I was wondering if any other ladies have noticed a connection between their cycle and their flare ups? Over the last few months I notice that my worse flare ups and my ovulation and bleeding have been happening around eachother and didn't know if I was just trying to reason with myself about why I've been feeling so shitty or if there could be an actual connection between the two and that...
  • leelee89

Does anyone else NOT get support from your family? Since my mom died I've been alone dealing with my emotions and HS secretly. (Yea, i shpuld go to therapy but have no insurance) I have a sister but she spends all her time with her girl friend and doesn't even come in to check on me the days I can't even get out of bed. I told my sister about the struggle with HS... she cried and got over it....
  • dee78

hello all. I'm new to this group. I've been battling HS for 3 years now. I've been so strong but lately I've been breaking down. Nothing works... I've been praying for a miracle and a normal life.
  • haileerae13

Abdomen and intense sweating

Out of curiosity has anyone ever had hs appear on their upper abdomen? Out of the last 7 years of having this disease, I have never had a sore there until recently. It is basically located on my rib cage, it just seems strange to me. Just wondering if anyone else has had a sore in that area....on a side note, does anyone else experience intense sweating? I can be sitting down doing absolutely...