Gastric Cancer Support Group

Stomach cancer (also called gastric cancer) can develop in any part of the stomach and may spread throughout the stomach and to other organs, particularly the esophagus, small intestine. It also may extend through the stomach wall and spread to nearby lymph nodes and to organs such as the liver, pancreas, and colon.

0 Online
  • WhiteDolphin

Focal Intestinal Metaplasia

I had an upper endoscopy and the pathology report shows I have focal intestinal metaplasia. The doctor did not even tell me. I just got a copy of the pathology report, becaues I'm switching doctors. My endoscopy was over 6 months ago.I'm upset because what I read online about focal intestinal metaplasia is that it is a pre-cancerous condition and a high risk for gastric cancer.I want to talk to...
  • Blueeyezd1964

stomach cancer new here

helloI am new to this support group.I was diagnosed with G I S T (gastrolintestinal stromal tumor ) sorry about spelling ~ on sept 5 2013 I had surgery to remove my 13 cm tumor.I started Gleevic oct 2013 and have to take one pill a day for the next 3 years because th etumor was so large and I am at high risk for it to come back. I turned 50 in march. I recently had a pet scan which came back...
  • jessicarutherford

Intestinal Metaplasia

I was just told my biopsies from my recent endoscopy showed Intestinal Metaplasia. Is anyone here familiar with this? I don't have a follow up with my gastroenterologist for another two months.thank you all so much 
  • Suchaslife

need help/support

My mum has been told that she has stomach cancer what can i do to help her ? Her treatment starts this week and yes iam taking her to it.
  • missnewf

Long Term Survivor of Stomach Cancer

Being a 14 year Stomach Cancer Survivor, I would like to hear from other survivors so we can learn from each other and unite by helping others facing this silent killer.
  • deleted_user

I need Help

I was diagnosed with stomach cancer about two weeks ago. I have told my family and fiance but haven't really began to cope with it. I'm a mother of two year old twins and go to school full time to be a paramedic and work part time. The surgery was scheduled for this morning and was successful in removing 85% of the cancer in my stomach. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice with coping...
  • jessicaasteri

Oncology Appointments & Scanxiety

I'm 16 months in remission from gastric cancer, more specifically NHL mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) of the duodenum, a part of the intestine. I have another 6 month follow up today, labs, and to schedule my next scan. I always get anxious about this. While the anxiety has become less over the last 16 months, it still grabs a hold around scan or endoscopy time. I'm grateful to have...
  • JennS

Just found out husband has stomach cancer.

He is 57 yrs old. It appears as a quarter size ulcer. today he was told it was some kind of cancer. he goes back to the dr. and a few days. we are very scared.
  • nostomachforcancer

Stomach Cancer Awarenes

The No Stomach For Cancer organization is also focused on advancing awareness and education about stomach cancer, including Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC), provide a support network for affected families, and support research efforts for screening, early detection, treatment, and prevention of stomach cancer. Stomach Cancer is currently the third leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide...
  • deleted_user

Homeopathy for Cancer

By no means I am promoting this book, only sharing because I found lot of good successful case studies of curing cancer.The Banerji Protocols - A New Method of Treatment with Homeopathic Medicines Hardcover January 1, 2013 by Prasanta Banerji (Author), Pratip Banerji (Author) http://www.amazon.com/dp/938081321X... The cures in here might be worth a shot as an alternative medicine. I was able to...
  • deleted_user

Symptoms Before Diagnosis

I've been having a lot of stomach problems: fullness after eating a small meal, bloating and extreme tightness of stomach, burning, sharp pain, fatigue, nasty taste in mouth, gurgling sounds, etc. When I went to my Primary Care Physician, the first thing he mentioned was stomach cancer. I've supposedly had an hiatal hernia for years now, only to be told by the same PCP that based on the...
  • robleyd

My Story

I am a 79 year old male. Last year I was a 185 lb 5' 11" male, but for the last several months was not feeling strong and easly short of breath, tieying out easy. In med Nov 2011 I admitted myself to the hospital for a check-up, and when the EDG showed that I had Stomach Cancer I opt for surgery, so on 30 Nov. 2011, the doctor. removed my entire stomoch, my gallbladder, part of my esophagus and...
  • My friend is 70 she was told that she has stomach cancer 4 weeks ago but she has not gotten a 2nd opinion. Shouldn't she already be in active treat or is 4 weeks still a short amount of time? They got the PET test and according to my husband when the doc was reading and from the 1st conversations it was to have surgery immediately...as he read through the report his opinion went from surgery to...
  • beautifulb

New Support Group on DS!!!

Hello everyone!!! My name is Beth and I am 35 years old with 2 young children. I have several terminal diagnoses so I started up a terminal illness support group a few days ago and it's growing by leaps and bounds!! There are inspirational uplifting posts, relaxation videos, music, daily bonfires where we can all come together to talk and toss worries into the virtual fire. Please come join...
  • deleted_user

gastric cancer

I just recently found i out I have gastric cancer I am going to have a PET Scan done this next Tuesday to find out how far if it has spread to any thing else. I am just looking for advice on what to expect from others that have went through this before. I have been told by the doctors that this is rare and i am awful young to be getting this (36 years old) So I am just looking to talking and...