Families of Prisoners Support Group

This community is dedicated to families that have been disrupted by prison. Having a loved one incarcerated or having been incarcerated comes with its own unique challenges that require support and understanding. Join the group to find others who know what you're going through, and to seek advice or share your experience.

0 Online
  • Ebony

I miss my brother

He was literally my world! I say world because its not the same anymore! How can someone continue living life knowing someone they care about is in prison cutting themselves and in and out of a mental institution  .I know I have to be strong for him and no family, but its so hard! I can't do this another seven years man! When someone you care about is locked up you are too! I'm dying inside! I...
  • SadLady1976

New to me

I have been with my boyfriend for a year. Prior to meeting me he has a long, sad history (criminal and personal). The worst of which is he's on Megan's Law list because when he was 25 yrs old he picked someone up in a bar and turns out her ID was fake. He has had a rocky history since. The last of which was for tattooing a minor, a friend of his girlfriend at the time, they both lied about her...
  • eyedeekay

Thinking of Leaving my boyfriend need advice

Hey everyone, i know i havent been on here i awhile just have gotton super busy. Anyways it has been 9 months of my boyfriend being locked up and we still dont know how much more time he has. Could be anywhere up to 5 years. Lately i have been thinking that this isnt the best situation for me to be in. I feel as if being in this realtionship is holding me back from really living my life. Its not...
  • Hthrmh87

My poor daughter

My daughters dad hasnt really been in her life that much and shes 12. In 2014 he was released from prison. He started spending time with her and she loved it. Only for him to go back to prison in 2016 and sentenced to 15yrs. Does he even love his own daughter?!?!?
  • AmberD333

Little brother facing 3 strikes

my brother is 5 years younger than me, he's 22 and since he turned 17 he's been in and out of jail.. Probably 5 times just this year.. Our dad committed suicide when he was 13, he's never really had a good male role model... I'm terrified I'll never see him on the outside again.. He just went back in jail 2 days ago- with 3 felonies.. Already has several felonies and was on differed adjudication...
  • rebecca2013

looking for information for a book

i am looking for information for a book that i am writing. I am not a prison wife or girlfriend. I am writing a book about a young girl who was abused by her parents and foster parents, she gets involved with someone in prison and she falls into his trap of drugs etc. I am just looking into some insight about what its like being a prison girlfriend or wife. 
  • VSai

Incarcerated son with mental illness

My son has mental illness and has been incarcerated for almost 4 years.  He goes off his medication and makes bad choices like stealing petty things that lead to big charges that lead to him doing long periods of time in prison.  He's been in and out prison (mostly in) for the past decade.  While in prison, he chooses to cut back on his meds then does something that gets him put in the hole...
  • Adia

Young & In Love

Hello everyone,Me and my girlfriend have not been together long but I am completely in love with her. Unfortunately, she is in county jail due to some poor choices she made before we knew each other awaiting sentence for her charges. She has also been in and out of jail since she was a child, but this is the first time she will be facing some possible heavy time. I have never been with...
  • 4Xander

My Brother Killed Someone

I'm not even sure how to start...First of all, thank you. For anyone who reads this, thank you for lending your eyes to my story. I'm lost and I feel so helpless. I guess maybe I should just get it all out.This morning I received a notification on Facebook that a friend of my brother's tagged me in a post. I didn't think much of it and finished up my shopping. I remembered as I got in the car and...
  • Frankiesgirl1

My fiance just got transferred to prison..

I feel so empty and so alone. My fiance has been incarcerated since March of this year. He got sentenced to 5 yrs DOC in August. Today they transferred him to DOC. When he was near me it was a little easier, now that they transferred him I feel like he's been taken from my again, and my hearts been torn from my chest. Does this get any easier, when does this pain stop.?
  • Leile

Fiance is on trial for murder

Hi, I wanted to share what's been going on with me. Last month my fiance had a psychotic episode in which he shot and killed a woman. I was a witness on video chat up until a few minutes before the shooting and I *know* he was out of his mind and thought he was in danger from this woman. Because I was a witness I'm not supposed to share any more details than that but suffice it to say I know my...
  • eyedeekay

6 month update & losing support

ugh, i cant belive i have been dealing with all this for half a year now.... seems like shorter and longer all at the same time. The worst part is we still dont know how long he is going to get, and trail now got pushed to August. Because of this my mom has decied to flip sides saying that i shouldnt be wasting my early 20s on some boy, where i dont know what will happen when he gets home. She...
  • Sk8erchick

New here

I have been looking for somewhere to get some emotional support since my husband was arrested 5 days ago on allegations of child sex abuse.  I hope I will find the support that I need here.  I can't go into details of the actual case, but I can say that when my husband was 5-6 yeas old, he started to be sexually abused by an uncle.  His mom told me that in kindergarten, he attempted suicide by...
  • beanie922

BF is in jail/drug rehab program - feel empty :(

I'm going to try to sum up the living hell of the situation I'm currently in without turning this into a huge novel.  Apologizing in advance if this is lengthy! About two and a half weeks ago, my boyfriend of the last 2.5 years got picked up on a warrant he had for missing a court date back in February.. (Last June, he got in trouble at his job for doing something at his job but I'll spare...
  • sespitia

My son first offender in oaklahoma jail

Does anyone know how long my son has to wait in Lexington prison until he can get into the bill Johnson's program in alva oaklahoma. He's lawyer said he was going to the program from guymon oaklahoma jail but now I here that's not true. Their getting ready to transfer him to lexington. He has never been in trouble with the law he is 23yr. I'm worried he's going to get lost in the system. I'm a...