Families of Prisoners Support Group

This community is dedicated to families that have been disrupted by prison. Having a loved one incarcerated or having been incarcerated comes with its own unique challenges that require support and understanding. Join the group to find others who know what you're going through, and to seek advice or share your experience.

0 Online
  • Webb

morning everyone!

sorry i havent been on here enough, just had a lot of rubbish going on.. its my 20th birthday tomorrow and on tuesday my partners trial starts its a bit of a relief yet im also very nervous? idk if i wanna know if he gets sentenced its 50/50 atm. to either come home july / august or 8years regarding on what they sentence him to.. its the not knowing part that i hate - i always feel so alone...
  • deleted_user

Sending loved ones items in prison

I'm hoping someone can give me some info on this, because my love and I haven't figured it out yet.My guy is still in county, and his sentencing is on Tuesday (hopefully, if it doesn't get postponed again). He'll be there for a few more weeks and then he'll be sent off to prison. Our first Christmas together, 4 years ago, I gave him a ring to wear on his right hand. Not an expensive one, just...
  • FCD

transportation

Greetings All,      I recently began interning for a non-profit organization called Children of Promise. They are launching a transportation service that will be available to friends, families, and spouses/partners of incarcerated loved ones. The buses will be visiting various prisons in New York State, including; GreenHaven, SingSing, Southport, and Sullivan Correctional Facilities. The...
  • alaskabelle

Feeling helpless

Boyfriend in jail and I'm afraid of what the sentence will be or if he will face more charges. He was doing so well for someone who has been out for a little under a year (with me, working, and opportunity rolling in) and then boom he's back facing more time. I never thought this would happen to me that I would face a partner who will undoubtedly be incarcerated for some years. I already know I...
  • patnard

So full of anxiety !!!

It's been so long since I've visited this site I'm almost ashamed to write now. For those of you who don't remember me my husband was sentenced to 15 years in Federal prison, he is now in year 12. I can't say time has gone by quickly but it has. It certainly hasn't been easy, I have changed so much in 12 years but the one thing that hasn't changed is the love I have for my husband. He is my best...
  • bugout62

My son is waiting to be sentenced

My son is currently in county jail waiting to be sentenced. I am terrified. He is a non-violent offender and may have to go to prison for multiple duis. I hear horror stories about the transition from jail to prison and about prison itself. Any advice??
  • rewdiazepam

ILL Law Suit Against Poor Medical Care in Prison

I know the families and loved ones of those in prison are always concerned about their health and well-being.Having been in prison and working in prison reform, one of the biggest abuses of inmates are from the medical facilities, which offer an inmate poor medical treatment.  These abuses are in the form of abject neglect and are not confined to any particular state.  Medical treatment in...
  • penguin12795

new here

Hi!!! im maegan :) my boyfriend and i have known eachother for 16.5 years and we decided to get into a relationship, hes 25 and im 22. hes in Iowa and im in California but im moving to Iowa soon ( where i was born )....i might be pregnant with another mans baby i slept with BEFORE my boyfriend and i got together ill find out friday and NO ONE i know is in this kind of relationship so it would be...
  • 4Xander

My Brother Killed Someone

I'm not even sure how to start...First of all, thank you. For anyone who reads this, thank you for lending your eyes to my story. I'm lost and I feel so helpless. I guess maybe I should just get it all out.This morning I received a notification on Facebook that a friend of my brother's tagged me in a post. I didn't think much of it and finished up my shopping. I remembered as I got in the car and...
  • Jlyn78

New here

My fiance is in prison he has a year or so left. I was barred from visiting him last year. He was in a medium security prison at that time, due to me being barred they moved him to a Maximum security prison
  • whatajoke

Lockdown?

I know this isn't high school any more & we don't get mass texts when there are problems but what causes so many of these places to be on 'lockdown' & how long do they last usually?
  • hms1024

Boyfriends son juvenile limbo

My boyfriends son has been given sentence of one year in rehabilitation facility. As of now the location is unknown and so is the transfer. It's been a long 8 months. I'm an empathist. I don't know how to help him as I feel he's depressed...especially with Father's Day coming up. I try not to be selfish and worry about strains on us or my anxiety over seeing them both hurt. I'm lost at how to...
  • LAT

Support my husband

I am trying to figure out how to support my husband at this time. His 21 year old son is facing federal prison. He has a history of selling drugs and has been arrested many times since he was 16. He has never faced any consequences up until this point. We have only been married for 3 years so I had no hand in raising his kids. They live 4 hours away so I've never gotten close or been emotionally...
  • Lovedontchange

It's like a lifetime movie... first post

At 13, my father went to prison. This was a difficult time for me, but I had my best friend, the only person I could count on. Fast forward to age 20. My father is released. At this point, I'm in love with my best friend. Then my best friend goes to prison. For six years. During that time, I marry, have a child, divorce, remarry, have two more children, then become widowed at 26. He is...
  • Leile

Fiance is on trial for murder

Hi, I wanted to share what's been going on with me. Last month my fiance had a psychotic episode in which he shot and killed a woman. I was a witness on video chat up until a few minutes before the shooting and I *know* he was out of his mind and thought he was in danger from this woman. Because I was a witness I'm not supposed to share any more details than that but suffice it to say I know my...