Families of Prisoners Support Group

This community is dedicated to families that have been disrupted by prison. Having a loved one incarcerated or having been incarcerated comes with its own unique challenges that require support and understanding. Join the group to find others who know what you're going through, and to seek advice or share your experience.

0 Online
  • Webb

Life is very cruel.

So babe was meant to come home in march, now he has been charged with something which could land him 4+years. I love this man with all my heart, its so cruel during the last month he could have been home, but nope. Something had to come out the woodwork, hm karma though isnt it? I clearly did something..Im not a bad person, and i cant deal with being without him, im having really bad thoughts,...
  • Courtney4nier

Probation

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here in quite some time. My boyfriend has been gone for 8 months now, and it got a lot easier after a few passed. Only 41 days left! But now I'm worrying about probation once he's out. Is anyone familiar with probation and what happens/what's acceptable? I know that he definitely doesn't want to go back to jail and having that hanging over his head will help keep...
  • Siiwife

New member/ new prison relationship

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and am glad to see recent posts. I have been looking for a support group for some time now. My situation is a little different then most inmate relationships (the way we met) but daily life is the same so we all share that missing person we love so much and are yearning to come home. I am victim to the dates (visits), letters, phone calls, money spent...
  • heartbroken2017

One week ago today

my sweet sweet man has been gone for 1 week now. It feels like it's been a month without him. How am I supposed to make it 4&1/2 years. 
  • carolinaonmymind

Day 1

My 24yo son was just sentenced to 1-2 years in a state that is an 18 hour drive for me.  There is no way I can go visit him.    I know 1-2 years is not a long time compared to other situations I have read on this page  but it seems like forever for a mom!   I have no experience with the situation and don't even begin to know how to cope. I didn't go to work today and all I have done is cry....
  • MarkWallace

My Family has never experienced Prison

My nephew is scheduled to self-report this week for a sentence of 7.5 years at a Federal prison about 115 miles from home. I love him like a son and our entire family is terrrified for the years that lay ahead of us. He is a first time offender and has had nothing worse than a speeding or parking ticket.We have tried to prepare ourselves for something we know nothing about. The only plan we have...
  • heartbroken2017

Nights are so hard.

I have cried every night snuggled up to his sweatshirt until I pass out. It's only been 5 days but I miss him so bad. I miss talking to him all night and I miss the silly text all during the day and most of all I miss his sweet face. Last night was the first time I got to talk to him since he went in. I actually felt a little comfort after hearing his voice. But they moved him at 4am this...
  • heartbroken2017

How do you cope?

my boyfriend whom I am so in love with was sentenced to 5 years last week. I miss him so much it physically hurts. 
  • eyedeekay

Happy Valentines Day!

wanted to wish you all a happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all had good days I know it's hard with our loved ones not being here. But this day is meant to be about love,and what love we all have for our loved ones who are away. My guy talked to his parents and managed to get flowers dilevered to me today. It made me so happy and what love. Love isn't about physically being together but doing...
  • Webb

Babe is coming home!!

Hey ladies,Sorry i havent been on here as much, i have been busy with my new job and sorting my car out.. they say good things come in 3! So i got a new job, new car, and my boyfriend is coming home in 33days! Xxzx
  • Suchaslife

Tips for the newbies.

To start with i hate the fact that you need us but this is a good place we dont judge and we do get it we have all been where you are right now!! Bu t this is doable! So i thought i would throw some tips together for you all......and i hope people do add to this! Ok to start  with mail:  yes i mean the old fashioned letter these are like gold dust in there the guys really do love getting...
  • LC627

Anger spilling over

I'm new here and I have put my pride to the side and want to seek support from those who are in a similar situation as I am. My father went to prison when I was six for murder and about 5 years ago my brother went to prison for attempted murder. I am struggling to cope with my brothers situation and the hurt and anger is spilling over into my personal life and I am taking it out on my wife and...
  • Alicia2115

New - has anyone taken in a parent after prison?

Hello, I am looking for anyone who may have taken in a parent after they were released from prison. My Mom was incarcerated for 8.5 years. She got out in August and came to live w/ my wife and me. We were caring for her disabled husband during her incarceration. He has a brain surgery while she was gone and is a completely different man now. My wife and I are both full time medical students and...
  • eyedeekay

Mind Racing

I hate the waiting, the not knowing of what will happen, still over a month till the court stuff starts..... I feel like i have been able to deal with everything else thus far. I can accept what my guy has done, i am able to go to my job and started my next semester at my community college. Im able to deal with the weird phone call times, the visits behind glass and dealing with him not being in...
  • JeffyKing

How does one cope?

My son has to enter Federal Prison tomorrow. He is going to a low security prison but I am petrified. I do not know how to cope. How will I get through the next few years? How can I help him? How can I help the rest of my family? I have nothing but fear and questions. I have a strong faith in Christ and that is the only thing that is keeping me going and yet, I feel helpless and afraid. I need to...