Families of Prisoners Support Group

This community is dedicated to families that have been disrupted by prison. Having a loved one incarcerated or having been incarcerated comes with its own unique challenges that require support and understanding. Join the group to find others who know what you're going through, and to seek advice or share your experience.

1 Online
1 Online
  • lillyannabelle

I wish the posts were more frequent on here last
  • lillyannabelle

Still waiting

I've been without my other half 4 years now I have one more to go it almost seems like it's getting harder rather than easier for his release date to arrive and having a mental illness makes it even harder. I have cycle so many times this past year and without Ihim here to help me makes it 100 times harder to get through each cycle he knows every time I'm not well. I hate him dealing with my...
  • Lioness45

Determined

I met my King five months ago while he is serving out 7 more years on a twenty year sentence. I joined this group to learn how to cope. The emotional rollercoaster is real and the need and desire for him drives me mad. I know these emotions will settle down but I sure woukd like a friend in the same situation so we can hold each other up. Does anyone need a friend?
  • My Dad died while incarcerated after serving 35 years. Mom and I stood by him with regular visits and almost daily phone calls. I was only 9 when he went to prison. My entire world was flipped upside and inside out. Since his death 18 months ago I haven't been myself. Therapy was suggested because of the situation and that most friends couldn't possibly understand.I watched for years as others...
  • KrystalS

Not sure what to do!

A few days ago my nephew, who i have raised for 15 years, was arrested and arraigned for armed robbery. He's 17 and they are charging him as an adult. We were told today that he has 5 counts of felonies, each of which have a max of life in prison. I don't know what to do where to start who i talk to. Hes always had issues growing up so i know a little bit but nothing that will help me with him...
  • Hi (Brisbane Australia), My brother is in prision awaiting a trial in 2 months (drug related 99% sure). We couldn't work out why he was refused bail - only to discover he was on a suppended sentence already. We have only had one 3 min call from him the day after his arrest, he was crying and just saying get me out of here, it was terrible. We still don't know the charges and no-one will tell us...
  • Hi. My brother was transferred to Tracy 9 days ago. We've only gotten one letter from him, and I'm so worried about him. I really want to go visit him. I've heard that my family and I have to wait for my brother to send us a form to fill out then they do a back ground check, and then clear us for visitation. My brother's wife said she ran into a girl who's husband has been in Tracy, and she just...
  • Amyk318

Lost

I have been seeing this absolutely wonderful, loving, patient, caring man for 6 months and on our first date he opened up to me about his DUI past. He did 5 years in prison for a DUI about 7 years ago and his wife of 25 years left him when he was in prison. Since he was out he had a very strained relationship with her and his kids and I fell head over heels in love after the first week we were...
  • I am new to this group and trying desperately to find some support.My 19 year old Son has been charged with drugs and weapons offences. This is his first offence however the Crown is seeking 10+ years. Our lawyer thinks more likely 4-6, I thought with everything we are doing to make him look better, tutoring, counselling, support groups, that he would magically get house arrest. I now know this...
  • stndstrg22114

the waiting begins

Well they moved m my man from county to department of corrections yesterday I no where he is processing at but that it.... I didn't even get to see him but one time only had time to. receive one letter and he gone I don't no how long it be before I get to hear from hiim or see him it could take months to be approved for visitation I don't know how long before he cam write or call and I'm missing...
  • I don’t even know how to begin. I have a really good friend, my best friend really, who has been accused of murder. Right now he is still in county jail awaiting trial. He says that he acted in self-defense, and while I know that this will sound cliché, I do believe him. I’m not certain of what the exact legal definitions of various crimes are, but I do not believe he acted...
  • ok once again in waiting by my phone we set up a time yesterday for him to call so I wouldn't be in the middle of anything as he puts it.... The time has come and gone I'm worried angry my mind is going thru all kinds of things us he playing games with me is it intentional when I no in reality there is a good explanation but I dont in If I can do thins for 10 yrs the not knowing the waiting I...
  • hey guys! Sooo I'm not sure how to feel or what to say about my situation but my boyfriend has been in jail for about a month now. Words CANNOT even describe how much I miss him! We have been bestfriends since I was 14 and he was 16. I'm 22 going on 23 now and he will be 25 in a week. We used to spend time together everyday and I just miss his company so much. We are pretty much inseparable. I'm...
  • deleted_user

Ihatewisconsin

I just wanted to check in with you to see how you are all doing on the other side of this journey. I am so appreciative to see you post out here, but just wanted to hear, if you are willing to share, how it's been for you. Hope all is well and that you are enjoying your time together.
  • It has been 14 days he has been "away" and I must admit has been an emotional roller coaster for me,missing him, mad at him, sad moments with the reality this did really happen and not a bad dream and naturally I worry about him, how is he sleeping, eating since he only fish etc. He is in minimum security for poor choice business transaction with his business and resulted in mail fraud...