Depression - Teen Support Group

Teen depression is marked by persistent sadness, discouragement, loss of self-worth, and loss of interest in usual activities. Depression can be a temporary response to many situations and stresses. Teens may be more susceptible to depression due to the normal maturation process, the stress associated with it, and conflicts with parents as they become more independent.

1 Online
  • My daughter ended up being hospitalized due to voices caused by Vyvanse last year right before Christmas.  She never told me what they said. She said I did not want to know. Her psychiatrist told me the same. It was heartbreaking to admit her and not know if she would be home before Christmas. The psychiatrist at the hospital had completely different opinions than her treating psychiatrist. She...
  • Vanessa-M2002

Depression

Ive been feeling lonely and ive been deprssed since March this year. My mom abandoned me and my family that month but even before that my life has been like hell. I have lived knowing so many lies believing them as if they were the truth. My mother abused me and did many things to me since i was little and it barely stopped this last December only because I threatened to call the cops on her. My...
  • Galaxiblue

I feel Hollow

I lack empathy towards so many things now, and I find myself crying while not feeling anything at all. When I do feel somthing it's usually sadness or irritation. I often just feel like a walking zombie barely able to get myself to move at all. I often want to end it and with winter coming soon I find I might just. By going outside and just freezing in the cold.
  • blat

what kind of trouble?

I didn't know where else to post this for ideas but can anyone think of what kind of trouble I can get in at school that would get me saturday school but not so bad that I get suspended?
  • nxckdeep

Getting help

Hi, I'm currently 15, I was sexually assaulted when I was 12 which then led to my dad leaving us and a series of bullying in school. I feel so empty all the time, my mum is saying she doesn't want me to live with her anymore, that I'm too much stress and that what happened to me was partly my fault. I have had help before but none of it seems to work, we're going down that path again, I just...
  • happyetsad

help me

Hello I am 14 and I feel so alone right now like I'm not worth anything and everything hurts and I want it to stop
  • icebmthyail

passively suicidal

i've been depressed for as long as i can remember, and i'm just really done with it. things are just steadily getting worse, and it shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. everything is meaningless and the only reason i'm still breathing is because i'm afraid of brain/nerve damage if a suicide attempt went wrong. i don't remember what it's like to be happy. i still laugh sometimes, and i can...
  • cheyannemarie

am i worth it anymore ?

hey , im cheyanne. i'm 14 years old , and i have been like this everyday. i feel worthless and i feel like i don't even mean anything to this world anymore. my mom, my sister, friends...they all show me that, fuck it. i'm a piece of shit. they tell me i'm never gonna make it in life. basically helping me reach the end of my life . haha . i thought they were supposed to be there for me. wow. uh...
  • Breeee45

I don't feel like i belong here

I feel like everything i do or say is wrong. I sometimes just want to cut myself bc if i die who would care right. Im sure no one will care. I just don't see where i belong on this earth.
  • NeptunesMelody

Telling my dad and step mom about my depression

My depression has been getting to the point where I can't go to school. I can't get up, I can't do anything, I don't have the energy to do anything. You know the drill. I need to tell my dad and step mom about it. I've tried telling them and they don't seem to take it seriously or understand where I'm coming from even though my step mom has depression as well. It makes me feel dismissed and not...
  • FutureMD

First Time

Hi this is my first time on a support group I found this when I contacted a Crisis textline. I have a long story as all of us battleing depression have. Long story short I haven't seen my father since second grade, I actually call him my sperm donor because a father is someone who cares about you, When I found out I had to spend a week with him I almost took my own life. I spent two weeks in a...
  • Blood_Complex

My depression has reached an all new high...

I've been feeling pretty depressed for the last couple of days. A little less than a year ago my boyfriend committed suicide. I am a bisexual 14 year old boy, and only a few people know that I am bisexual. But, I never actually told them. One of my friend's is always teasing me every chance he gets to. Also, I recently have been having a bit of a binge-eating problem. The worse part in all of...
  • Babyneeka

Lets talk

Anybody can message me im here for it .. Im going through stuff too
  • blat

therapy

has anyone ever gone to therapy for depression? what was it like? did it help?
  • ovoxo

new here,

I always feel less or never good enough and I've been feeling this way for the past couple of years.