Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis Support Group

Crohn's disease is a systemic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) of unknown cause, that results in chronic inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can affect the entire gastrointestinal tract from mouth to anus, and can also cause complications outside of the gastrointestinal tract. There is no known medical or surgical cure for Crohn's disease, but there are many medical treatments available.

0 Online
  • Searcher

Long road

My last post/visit was 2011.  The road has been up hill ever sence.  The Dr.s and meds have not found a anwser to control my symptioms.  Im looking for a suscess story of your's as to what has worked for you to maintaine remission.  I see my spell checker is not working for some reason so I apolagise for all the miss spelled words.  Thanks in advance. Searcher    
  • JeanCarlin

Happy Thanksgiving

I just wanted to wish everyone on here a Happy Thanksgiving. I know we all can't eat like we used to but hopefully we will al be with family and find something we can eat. I know I can eat the turkey and potatoes at least.  Enjy your holiday whatever you do!!                                 Hugs to all!!!
  • Dhj

UC new to this disease

Need to decide if Humira is the drug needed or if any other is successful.   If my daughter starts on Humira along with natural therapies can we slowly do away with Humira 
  • deleted_user

Ulcerative Colitis.

hey all! I am really glad that I found this site... I was just recently diagnosed with ulceratvie colits. I am really feeling depressed and struggling with it. I just had a baby girl 2 months ago, and my condition started in my last trimester of pregnancy. what would have caused this to happen??? It has been miserable... I have no energy, feel sick all the time, no appetite at all and constantly...
  • Lisab18

Dx with ibs

is ibs same as ibddr gave me bentyl on Saturday n I think it may be starting to work any suggestions on what foods to avoid?tylisa
  • survivorDawn

What Medicine works and what foods to eat?

I am trying to help my daughter with the chronic illness she is now suffering from. Diagnosed with UC July 2016 and not being able to take any longer Predizone and recently Ramicade infusions not working!She is unable to eat everything except ichiban soup and pudding. She will be having her 3rd scope but I am wondering what other people are taking for their treatment and has anyone had bad...
  • itsmeagirl

New here

Hi, I've been diagnosed with this chronical disease ulcerative colitis about a half a year ago (in May) and i'm already sick of it. It started really bad. I had to go to the bathroom about five times per day, I fainted and my stomach ached every single day multiple times. Through the summer everything got better, but lately I have been forgetting to take my medicine, not on purpose of course....
  • firefly719

Entyvio

Hi everyone,I've been on here before and posted questions previously and have always been happy with the response I have gotten. I am hoping that it is still this way!I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2003 as a 15 year old. I was really lucky in that Asacol controlled my symptoms for a long long time. A few years ago this stopped being the case. I was switched to Imuran and had developed...
  • jptexas

New to group/seeking answers to poss. Crohn's

I recently had the capsule endoscopy test. That's where you swallow the pill camera and it travels down your g.i. system until it's excreted. It takes a whole bunch of pictures and is supposed to be the best (supposedly according to this g.i. doc) in determining whether you have Crohn's in the small bowel. FYI, when you have an endoscopy and colonoscopy, they both do not reach the middle, the...
  • Scooby3

Mom of child with colitis

Im new to this site and wondering there are others who have children with colitis. Although this is not new (my son was diagnosed at 5). He went for almost 3 years in remission on pentasa. Then he flared in June and was hospitalized twice. He is now on Remicade but because it's new the dose was increased and third dose given 2 weeks early because the symptoms are back. I have wonderful friends...
  • michelle22

Serious fear of dying?

Hi there. I'm 20 years old, was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when I was sixteen in 2013. I have had only one surgery and only a few hospital admissions. Currently, I am not on any medications. On the whole, I have been SO lucky. I don't know why, but the biggest struggle I have with crohn's disease is my fear of colon cancer/early death. Right now I live a very very active life, and my disease...
  • shelleyk

Newly diagnosed and so scared

Hi allIn early July I got bronchitis and was put on prednisone for 5 days. After 3 days of taking it I noticed a lot of blood on wiping and My GP told me to stop the prednisone and never take it again. A few days later runny tummy with mucus started. I was put on the antibiotics Cipro, flagyl, Kantrexil and told to use Smecta (antidiarrheal with diocmectite clay) to help firm up my stools....
  • susiecat.pat

Feeling of Internal Hot Flushes

Can Crohn's cause feeling of internal hot flushes?   I wake up and start to feel internally hot. almost like my bodyis going to burst into flames.  I don't really sweat a lot.   If I get up and move around , it helps.  I am way, way past menopause!!
  • Luke444

UC and the decision to marry - Adivce Please!!

I was never good with decisions, to begin with, but deciding to marry someone with a chronic illness has outdone me. It's paralyzing. Over the last two years, I discovered a deep struggle and beauty with my girlfriend's ulcerative colitis. I am convinced that her beautiful character and soul have been refined through her struggle with UC. I knew we were a match by our first date. She was...
  • deleted_user

Drinking filtered or bottled water

I have recently found that when i was going through a flare up tap water tasted really discusting, which is why i had a bottle of water instead. now has anyone found that drinking bottled or filtered water healps with the flare ups n symptoms of crohns diease? i find that if i drink tap water then i will go into a flare up so i drink bottled water and filtered water religiously now. Has anyone...