Child Support & Custody Support Group

This community is dedicated to those involved in child support and custody cases. There are a myriad of challenges involved in any case and this is a safe place to talk about what you're going through with others who may be going through the same. Join the group and seek advice, find or provide a listening ear, or just share your feelings in this support group.

1 Online
1 Online
  • Mickr4710

17 year old boy

My son was kicked out of his mothers home and now she wants him back. He does not want to go back and tells her he wants to stay with me going forward. What rights does my ex wife have to make him come back to her house?
  • new to this forum.need support desperately. my elderly parents and my ex-husband banded together and took custody of both my children away from me, and I am not allowed contact at all with either child.they hired a lawyer who has ties to the governor of our state, and they misused the government powers to assault and harass me and my partner.they also routinely exhaust the children,...
  • For many years i have been looking over my shoulder, preparing myself for every and any move they possibly try only to be blindsided by my child in this struggle to keep my child. You try to give them what they need and teach them the responsibilities of life as they grow up, but at the same time other people go around and tell them that life is about fun and getting what you want when you want...
  • Hi, I need advise my current boyfriend wants me to leave the issue alone with my youngest child and get my 2 children back and never see my ex again but I'm not sure what to do. I divorced last year after a long struggle with my ex even while we were divorcing he was making me believe he wanted me and to be my youngest father. He's not her biological father because I got pregnant while he was...
  • Ok here goes my story...I was married 9 years to my High school sweetheart. He got injured, then addicted to pain killers and other medications, became physically abusive. Refused help. He has always been controlling and mentally/emotionally abusive. We have since both remarried and I am expecting a daughter with my new husband on July 29th.So now my issue. Since our separation almost 3 years...
  • My former husband's job was terminated (not fired...position terminated w severance) and he has chosen to go into business with his friends making half of his prior job salary without looking for something comparable and wants to adjust child support accordingly. We have been divorced 4 years. Does anyone know what my rights are? I work, too, but it is currently not enough to make ends meet for...
  • My ex has custody of our seven children and I have access on weekends and regular phone contact three nights a week. On Tuesday I left for a holiday with my fiance for nine days to go interstate. I sent the ex an email stating that I would still call the children at the set times as per the orders. I have tried to phone my children thirteen times and my ex won't pick up. His phone is the only...
  • ldavis1017

dead beat dad

my ex doesn't see his kids AT ALL even on the two days a week for 2 hours he was court ordered. long story short he was unemployed and is now employed. Paying cs but wants it modified and over payment put to arrears! Really? His I&E is all lies. Why cant the court see the lies and what's the point of filling those out if thy are never accurate. I don't have an attorney but cant I demand that he...
  • I am in 'invisible/alienated' grandparent, and I write about that always anonymously .. I want to recommend sources of help for such estranged grandparents ... heard of any?
  • This is a very long story of a 5 & 1/2 year custody battle that seems to have no end. So, to make it short, my husband and I have been attempting to get the court to give us 50% time-sharing of his biological children for all this time. We have tried giving his ex-wife countless parenting plans that have an even split of time to no avail. At this point, we are at a loss. I am looking into...
  • Me and my ex husband were together 14 years and had 4 children. We lived in Fla at the time and we went through an uncontested divorce with a parenting plan that gave us joint custody, but as I hadnt worked in 14 years (he wouldnt let me) I decided he should be the custodial parent while I found a job and a means of supporting the children. It was all nice at that time. How ever shortly after the...
  • lindaljames

Child care

Me and my boyfriend are planning to go overseas next month. We will take our one year old daughter with us and contacted one of a professional nanny care services in Toronto like the Diamond Personal(http://www.diamondpersonnel.com/caregivers/ ). We are trying to figure out the money issue and would like to get an idea on what the child care cost for our one year old. Anyone know what might be...
  • My son is turning 5 in mid May. The person I believe to be his biological father has known about him since before he was born, he went to the doctor with me for the pregnancy test. He also had another girl pregnant at the same time, my son and his daughter are 13 days apart. He married that girl and they live 4 hours away from me. He was obviously with both of us at the same time, so it has...
  • lizybear1993

New here

Hi there,I guess I'm just here looking for advice.My son's father is currently in prison until 2015. My son is 3 years old and has never seen or talked to his father. His father has never given me a penny towards my son.He was abusive (mentally, physically, and sexually) towards me (even though I've never pressed charges so it's not documented . He has 2 convictions that includes crimes against...
  • baileys05

My children, My family

I miss my three children so much. Theres not a day a second that goes by that I dont think about them or have them on my mind. I always look at there pictures. I cry for them at night. I miss reading books with my oldest son ( he would read a page then I would), I miss him playing baseball and going to his games so proud ( now he doesnt play), I miss him always wanting to go with me everywhere, I...