Alzheimer's Disease Support Group

Alzheimer's disease (AD) is the most common cause of dementia and characterized by progressive cognitive deterioration with declining activities of daily living and neuropsychiatric symptoms or behavioral changes. An early symptom is memory loss (amnesia), usually manifesting as minor forgetfulness that becomes pronounced with illness progression, with relative preservation of older memories.

1 Online
  • myjourney2

Its Unreal

My mom is forgetting simple things like walking and bathing. This is a challenging disease!
  • marg55

Alzheimers reversed at UCLA

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/memory-loss-associated-with-alzheimers-reversed-for-first-time also seehttps://www.drbredesen.com/ 
  • marg55

The End of Alzheimers by Dale Breseden

vent and Reverse Cognitive DeclinBook by D DISCOVER HOW TO LIVE A LIFE FREE FROM ALZHEIMER DISEASE.This book represents an important milestone in our approach to Alzheimer's disease to treat it as mysterious and inexhaustible distress almost exclusively by our genes, to understand it as multifunctional provided it can be prevented and even reversed in a large-measured diet and change of...
  • sensations8457

Going Crazy.

My mom has gotten worse over the past two years. then over the past few months seems like she's dropped dramatically. She know's something is wrong. She cries all the time, saying "she can't think" and she is trying to figure out what is wrong. She says she was fine a few days ago, and she thinks someone is trying to kill her. or gave her some kind of pill. She keeps saying my dad is...
  • Seperateme

It's Getting Harder Everyday

Hello everyone, I am joining this group because my mother has Alzheimer's disease and it is very difficult to watch her deterorating before my eyes. Although she is still functional and can do a lot onher own, everyday she slows down and all she ever says to me is "wait until you get my age, the same thing is going to happen to you"...That makes me very nervous because I am not sure if this...
  • NickNeils

Need help for my mamma...

Is Alzheimer's curable? What are the symptoms? Is it a  neurological disorder which only affects the elderly? How about youngsters? I have got so many doubts on this. Can someone help me to clear my doubts? My mother is in her early 60's. But she started showing signs of memory loss. My wife is of the view that mamma is in her early stages of dementia. Since both I and my wife are working, when...
  • deleted_user

bed sores

Hello ladies.I am wondering if any of you have had to deal with pressure sores.And if so ,do you have any tips.My MIL has gotten so frail.There is literally no muscle or fat left on her behind.I change her position numerous times a day.Yesterday I noticed an area of redness,and today the skin is broken.I have tried so hard to avoid this,but she is down to 100 lbs,and her bones put pressure on her...
  • Whoemiye

Help...

My grandmother has progressed very far into Alzheimer's disease. She's not able to do really anything for herself but still mobile. My mother is her full time caregiver and she's exhausted. We are in Phoenix, AZ. I am trying to help my mom but I have so much on my plate that I am unable to. According to my grandmother's doctor, she's not ready for hospice quite yet, my mother had a nightmare...
  • des10ed2b

early onset

It is with such a heavy heart that I type this all out, but I feel it needs to be done. I work in Alzheimer's care (and absolutely adore it) but obviously by the time they reach the facility the progress of the disease is relatively well advanced. However, it is not one of my residents I am speaking of. It is a family member. I am curious to everyone else's experiences as to when they started to...
  • Rachellecooper

Memory care

My dad and I were successfully running a restaurant for the past 5 years. 7 months before he suddenly started having serious memory problems. On consulting a doctor, we came to know that my dad was suffering from severe Alzheimer's and the situation was quite bad. Within few months I lost my dad. I was left alone, totally blank, with no idea on how to bring back my business back to it's prime. My...
  • gesar0909

Fight Bad Tau

Check out www.Cogwellin.comIt's a pharmaceutical development and testing company dedicated to preventing, slowing and reversing Alzheimer's disease and related Tau associated neurological disorders.
  • GeorgiaBulldogs

just lost wife...

After being with my wife for 8.5 years and married one year...I lost her last month to dementia...I just found out her condition after she was found die...I was never told...what a lost I have now...trying to cope is like taking small steps at a time...
  • X10

Need an urgent advice....

Never expected this to happen in my life but things went downhill when my sister was diagnosed with Alzheimer. Her husband is a busy business man and so I took the responsibility of looking after her. I really find it pathetic when she behaves abnormal. She was working as a teacher at school and gradually she began suffering memory loss. She was admired by all her students for her passion and...
  • Isabel2310

Stage 4 bedsore..

My mother in law has been in the emergency room for a stage four bedsore for the past 3 days and should be discharged soon. Im looking for any tips or advice from anyone who has successfully treated and healed a sore. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  • Rudy

Wife has Dementia

I'm new here so please bear with me.  We have been married since 1971,  I am 72 and still working.  I have a couple of pensions but I'm trying to keep my wife and her little dog happy here with the home that we have been in for 20 years.  Trying to keep aflaot with the mortages.  My wife is 82 and her dementia started in 1988 with her acuseing me of taking her pots and pans to work to give...