Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

1 Online
  • I got the prescription filled but I wasn't honest with my doctor that I fucked up and drank in the last two days but I am scared to stop drinking but I have to stop drinking in order to take this. I will tell my doctor the truth, don't worry. But how do I get to the damn five days of sobriety in order to take this? Am I really in that low of a place? I feel like such an asshole. I drink to avoid...
  • Pwjwtx

Need to stop drinking

My name is Pam, if I don't drink tonight this will be day 1.
  • Edge11

Devil on my shoulder

I have been sober for 97 days, and feel great. No cravings, or red flag situations that I couldnt handle. My wife left this morning to visit friends for a long weekend, and I am home alone. For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking about booze. I don't want to destroy all the work I have put in, but it keeps popping in my head. Does this happen to anyone else on here? It came out of the...
  • So I'm new to all of this. I've never joined anything like this or ever spoken about my problems on a public forum so please bear with me cause I don't know how long these things are meant to be. Because I've never told anyone any of this I feel this may turn out to be quite long.I'm 28 years old. It's no secret to me that I have a drinking problem although it is a secret to everyone else. From...
  • Shawnb

New to this kind of thing

I've been drinking very heavily/dependently for the past 4 or so years. Until about two-and-a-half years ago, I didn't really think I had a drinking problem (nor did I want to accept it). It's gotten so bad that I can't go more than one day without getting blackout drunk. If I try to go without drinking, I become very depressed, anxious, irritable and passive-aggressive. Back in early 2014, I got...
  • Dragonfly1969

Having hard time today

Day 54!!! Having a difficult time today with being sober and dealing with life. I will not drink I have my husband here and I know that it will not help. I'm reading the Big Book and it's such a comfort and so much truth and wisdom. just needed to reach out to my fellow alcoholic pals and know that you are all in this with me. I pray for you please pray for me.
  • Kateremade

My crazy thinking!

Well...I'm going to share an absolutely ridiculous thing about me, I won't take drugs of any kind. My "motto" is that if you need drugs to deal with your life, you just need to deal with your life! Pretty funny thing for an alcoholic to say/think. My goodness, I have been advised to take antidepressants, no thank you I can handle my depression. Anti anxiety meds, no thank you I can handle my...
  • DaybyDay1

I think I have a drinking problem

This is really hard for me to admit, but I think I have a drinking problem. I have been drinking for ten years. The first few years, I would just binge drink with friends at parties, and have an occasionally night-cap, but once I turned 21, things got out of hand. The year of my 21st birthday, I had a roommate who kept me constantly supplied with alcohol, even in the months before my birthday. He...
  • 1is2many

Sad day in my town, double funeral.

Well I knew this guy that crashed his Mustang and died a couple of days ago.  The sad part is that his 21 year old daughter was in the car, and their dog...  I can remember meeting him on several occasions and he was trying to slow down.  Its just shocking when you know someone and then they die.  Makes me more determined to try to give someone a helping hand...
  • readytolive30

On my 9th day sober

Hello! I was on this site several months ago and  only made it 3 days without a drink. I convinced myself I couldnt do it. I have always been a functioning alcoholic. But just thinking back to the way this has progressed....A few years ago only 3 or 4 onces of rum would make me drunk. Now I can drink half a fifth in an evening. I am 31. I stay at home and drink to deal with stress, to make a...
  • LilacBerry

Hi all

Hi, I'm new, figured I'd introduce myself. I'm soon to be 34, female. Started law school in Fall 2011, started drinking on a regular basis probably Spring 2013. Progressed to daily drinking for the past 3 1/2 or so years. Usually 5-6 drinks per night, more on weekends. I'm trying to quit. So far I've been able to cut down but not stop. Aiming for at least 2 days sober per week, but as many as I...
  • Patience1970

Alanon

I went to my 1st 2 meetings of alanon this week.  I already feel better.  I have lived with alcoholics all of my life.  My dad is a recovered alcoholic.  he only quit for good after his 2 sons (my only 2 brothers) died from alcohol.  I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 27 years.  He is amazing, but also an alcoholic.  He drinks every day after work.  Always has.  We...
  • PJ54

Understanding the Insanity of Alcoholism

Thinking back to when I was drinking, I am amazed at how distorted my thinking was at that time. For instance, I wrongly believed that I could not stop drinking and that I could not function without alcohol. To any normal person, such a belief would seem ridiculous but it can be very real to someone who is in the grips of alcoholism. This has prompted me to look at certain other beliefs and...
  • SueB

I surprised myself today

instead of going to pick up some stuff i ordered from Walmart, I found myself heading to a meeting, Yea me.It was good, There was a lady there that had her 90 meetings in 90 days today. what a great accomplishment, I'm happy for her, but then the secretary of the meeting (who just happened to be the 2nd person there that knew how long I've been sober piped up and ask me if I said how much time i...
  • Rich624

I desperately need help with drinking

I am new to the forum, I am 57 years old. I was married for 25 years and have been divorced for five.When I was in my teens up until I got married, I was a binge drinker a couple of time a week. When I got married, I stopped completely and never had even a single beer for 25 years.Since I have been divorced, I have become an alcoholic. The last three years, I have gone six weeks twice with no...