Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

1 Online
1 Online
  • Humphreysmum

Big book?

hi allI'm new here, just finding my way around, starting to get concerned that I might have a problem
  • pattongb

Im scared.......

So about 3 years ago I turned from a problem binge drinker to a full blown drink every single night alcoholic. The potential was always there considering my Irish background and a family history of alcoholism, depression, and suicide. I have tried so many times to stop. I have gone to detox 2x, home detoxed, and tried anabuse (I eventually drank on it), and Naltrexone. I went through detox...
  • hati

Admitting I'm an alcoholic

I know that I have to admit to myself that I'm an alcoholic even writing it is hard. But I feel it's because I doubt this fact that I keep going back to drinking. I think I can control it this time and sometimes I do but then sometimes I don't. Anyway never give up trying to quit. Good luck everyone on your journey. I'm liking the new set up here now I've discovered how to get on it.
  • Hello,I'm almost a month sober and the first 3 weeks was easy. It feels like the cravings are getting more common. I am in the process of trying to get a therapist, and I don't feel AA is for me. I just want to know, is this common? I thought it would be harder to start and then get easier.
  • Hi all. This is my first post in this forum. My long termboyfriend is an alcoholic and had his second relapse last night bit of a background. He worked as a bartender up til two months ago. He drank at all times of the day because he would start twitching otherwise. It was a problem that has been going on for years before I came into the picture. Anyway, he got trashed at work and fell and hit...
  • Jad

Wet brain

Somebody please help. I'm currently waiting on test and scan results. I used to drink very heavily then I stopped for a long time and did it sensibly at the weekend. Then stopped for 3 years to look after my mum. Was doing fine but this year have started to get excruciating pain down the left side of my head with chest pains which I've been told is high heart rate. When I get the pain in my head...
  • NJgirl

Struggling

I'm new here. Know I have a problem, tired of it. I think coming to a group of sort will help me but don't want to go to AA meetings. I'm hoping this group can help.
  • travelerJay

New here

Hello,I'm new to this forum and wanted to say hello. I have been reading it for a few months and finally got around to setting up an account. I have some time sober and alcohol free, but still struggle with the notion that having one is ok. I know where it will take me and how it felt when I was there. The good news is I am aware of that. I have to address it that way each time this surfaces....
  • Hello everyone,Throughout the past few years my alcohol drinking has gotten to the point where it is way more often and way more consumed than I ever wanted it to be. Definitely more then just social drinking. My husband and I decided that we need to clean up our acts, I'm hoping to have kids sooner rather than later and he wants the same. I have had plenty of reasons to stop drinking over the...
  • Lisa0406

Alcoholic seeking help

My name is Lisa and I'm an alcoholic my drinking is becoming out of control and I really want to stop all together but it's so hard. I try to avoid going out with friends but it's just too tempting I don't want to go into rehab so I thought maybe an online support group would possibly help?its worth a shot
  • Bel75

Alone & scared

I know I have a problem with alcohol, it consumes my mind from when I wake up regretting how much I drank until around lunch time when I start wanting the next drink. I tell myself it's ok because I function, I hold down a well paid job, appear outwardly to be in control but reality is I hate myself, hate my weakness, hate what has led me to be here. Have no idea how to change any of it, please...
  • whozbop

The easier softer way

It is great to be with you all today. Nine year ago today I add a spiritual principle to Honesty, Openminded and Willingness. I was committment. Something I did not do on my first or second journey toward recovery. My prayer on July 10 2016 was for God to let me live through the situation I was in. Did not care if I ended up hurt or in jail. Just was not ready to die. I was ready to make a...
  • bigtimefun

New sponsee tonight!

i picked up a guy who has been trying on his own for about 8 months. He drank Monday and has smoked pot before that. I dunno how he feels about the steps and how sincere he is about long term sobriety but we are going to start relationship as sponsor/sponsee and see how it goes. I did tell my sponsor about his smoking pot and he said if he isnt sober I cannot help him told me read page 96 first...
  • Pavlov7

Thoughts on marijuana?

So I have been sober from alcohol and marijuana for 23 days. I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are about staying sober of both. I do feel that marijuana in moderation is not as harmful as alcohol, but I think the best option from me is to keep a completely sober state. I don't feel compelled to drink when I smoke, but I do feel I would start smoking every day if I started again. I'm just...
  • Bottle here, bottle there.I woke up this morning to read a chapter in the Big Book. I randomly opened to the chapter titled "A Drunk, Like You". The author states "....and I told the counselor I was able to keep it to five a day with little or no problem" The counselor's reply - if you had to control something it was out of control.I'm a functioning alcoholic. It's no way to truly live. ...