Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

7 Online
7 Online
  • dsrock

Stumped........

My granddaughter is not allow to spend the night with me. I have to be able to prove to my son-in-law I'm not drinking... HOW? He said a 90 day AA chip. My schedule won't allow the meetings right now and I'm not that fond of them. Then he mentioned a personal sponser. Someone I could call when I felt like haveing a drink. OK. He would then be able to call them and see how I was doing. If they're...
  • Impermanence

Friends

Sober we realize that we have to make new friends. The common factor in myany of my old friends was alcohol. I ran across thios quote today:Old friends pass away new friends appear. It is justlike the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives Theimportant thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningfulfriend or a meaningful day. Dalai Lama
  • awanderer

Something new

i joined this group awhile ago and have never posted or even really read many posts. I quit drinking, after many years full of many days, 7 months ago to this day. I lost so much time and life energy to my addiction and I really wanted to live as a whole and honest person in spite of the difficulty in that. So I quit. I did it on my own through sheer willpower and stubborness and felt very...
  • Koyu

Needed to share

Hi Group,I am not sure if this will be helpful but I wanted to share that I wanted to drink today. I am over 20 years sober and a cancer survivor. A couple of weeks ago, I found out my step father died by the internet. My mother and brother didn't tell me. My brother wants the life insurance all to himself. And this week, I had ants in the bathroom and I had to chalk it up and tape it up and...
  • Emmt85

I want to stop

i really want to and need to stop drinking, I'm drinking very heavily, I have drank for 7 days solid, morning, noon and night.... and I feel awful, shakes, sweating, headache, I feel I need a drink now to stop this feeling but I really don't want one... I'm in a really scary place at the minute. I'm on the verge of losing everything, my partner, daughter, home, job and I desperately need help,...
  • NJgirl

Withdrawal

I had the worst headache today and have been in a bad mood. Craving a drink since 2 pm. Didn't get chance to get anything and my boyfriend has been with me. Around 6:30 it dawned on me I'm 2 days sober and am going through withdrawal as I began sweating. I want to make it another day but this is hell!! How long does this last?
  • msmermaid

6 months today

I am doing great. I think I may reward myself today. I am proud! It hasn't always been easy there have white knuckled it a few times. I say that some days go by and I don't think about it and some weeks go by and I don't think about it. My only saving grace is every time I thought about going there I played it through that first drink and where I would end up and I know it isn't worth it. Ready...
  • FirstTracks84

My Sponsor

I’ve posted here before my frustration with AA so rather than rant I’ll try to keep this short while give you a brief summary of where I’m coming from. I’ve been grappling with AA for a few months now, and this week my Sponsor laid into me and now I’m questioning if that’s even healthy for me at this point. I’m not saying I’m not an alcoholic. ...
  • Sly

I'm back, 136 days sober.

I am doing good, no cravings, getting back into the sober groove, almost effortless until those little surprises in life arise! Just checking in. Sly
  • This is the time of day that's hardest... Sometimes I say, Who am I fooling? & I get a drink. How do I tell myself I'm serious this time!? What are some good strategies? I'll carry my water bottle, and tell myself I just need to stay dry another couple hours; then it gets easier, usually, later in the evening.
  • 1is2many

Life keeps on lifing

I was doing well and had some great progress at work. Then this weekend a big project just went south and I cant save it. I am a fixer. I dont like not being able to fix things. This is a major reason that makes me uncomfortable when I am not in control of the situation. The other thing is that other people will be affected and I dont like to have other people have bad things happen to...
  • spacegrey1

struggling

This is my first post on this forum. I'm 26 years old and was recently arrested for my second DUI. I'm finally accepting the fact that I have a problem, even though it seems a bit late for that. I'm really not sure where to go from here. I want to seek help, but the only form of treatment in my area seems to be AA, which I've tried before and didn't think it was beneficial to me. Just trying to...
  • Jad

Wet brain

Somebody please help. I'm currently waiting on test and scan results. I used to drink very heavily then I stopped for a long time and did it sensibly at the weekend. Then stopped for 3 years to look after my mum. Was doing fine but this year have started to get excruciating pain down the left side of my head with chest pains which I've been told is high heart rate. When I get the pain in my head...
  • Humphreysmum

Big book?

hi allI'm new here, just finding my way around, starting to get concerned that I might have a problem
  • Summer

Hopeful but lost

I just joined, have been reading past posts and feeling encouraged by them. Thank you. I need and want to quit drinking- I am tired of being hungover every morning, broke, not being present in my marriage, jeopardizing my career, looking 10 years older, pressing my luck with my physical health/safety and so on and so on...In my early 20s I did AA, rehab and even adversion therapy (my parents were...