Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

2 Online
  • Hi, My name is Angelina, I may not have addiction myself, but I did lose my father to Alcoholism. I have been struggling a lot with dealing with it because i kind of feel like it's my fault.
  • Pavlov7

Started going to AA

I tried to quit alone and couldn't do it. I went to AA last week and today, and I plan on going as much as I can... hopefully daily. I am pretty shy and reserved, so the meetings are tough for me. I still haven't spoken or tried to find a temporary sponsor. I sit in the back alone, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and take everything in.  My boyfriend says I should get a sponsor, but I...
  • 1is2many

Extremes

i was on cloud 9 and then Bam life turns on a dime and I'm in the crapper. I cannot have harmony and balance. It's like life just loves to f with me. I have been working on a project for 2 months now and looks like I won't be paid for it. I was expecting a large check but the winds of fate are just not going to blow my way. Cheese and Fing crackers jus I know a drink won't solve anything. It...
  • billwfriend

Do you have a GOD Box?

I made one once years ago...found it tonight in the shelving unit I was cleaning from Dining room...it was dust covered with thick coating of dust...inside were some items I submitted to GOD....like Profanity with in something I had I guess seen on DS or somewhere else....it took each letter of the word and made a new word downwards and they made  a statement about wanting it removed...then I...
  • Are?1-2
  • I am going to use some notes on the first step to pass along the message of a way to recover.  The focus is on the positive powerlessness we have as alcoholics.  Ironically, through utter defeat we find victory over an addiction to alcohol.  Once we give up, a happy and purposeful life can then be built and experienced.  Some say the defeat in total terms of living as well as drinking is the...
  • This may be a stupid thing to say but I literally cannot understand why I can't just stop drinking. When I try I usually only get through a week. My longest soberiety has been 30 days using a sober phone app. Now I'm back to daily drinking. I know I use it to cope with stress since I'm a divorced Mother of 3 boys but it only makes me feel hungover, depressed and like a loser for not being able...
  • rainbowlegacym55

12 steps i gave up

i have a box of every color medallions years on top of years i am 61  never really worked now i know why , many in AA and other programs do not admit they are suffering from mental health issues i find drinking in excess is deeply associated with mental illness  The program does have positives negatives not here to  judge but for this person not effectve except for cookies and caffeine and...
  • catskyn

i need some advice

i have been sober for 50 days now yay!!! Iam 49 years young and have tried to get sober many times and I alwys slip but thats okay as long as I keep trying. Its never okay for me to drink thats not the part thats okay whats okay is that its never to late to keep trying.      Anyways my sister is also an alcoholic and together we get so drunk. She is in need of a place to live and...
  • Leasa66

It's been two weeks...

I know it's not sobriety but it's been two weeks since my husband stopped drinking hard liquor and I can already see a difference in his behavior. Somethings have changed that I didn't even realize that alcohol was playing a role in. I made an appointment with a drug and alcohol counselor after his last alcohol induced meltdown. I almost canceled because things are so much better but I didn't,...
  • hope link works....if not then copy and paste it into URL line...http://www.barefootsworld.net/aajalexpost1941.html
  • She visited me on Guam twice....we knew each other from some kind of singles group and had only played cards together before she pursued me to Guam....she is/was a travel agent and got a trip for great price about $500.....the first time....the second time was free and was what they call a Fam Trip which is a familiarization trip to places they send people....she just came for maybe one day or...
  • coffee

At a loss!!!!

partner is drinking away our money....I have money for food but no longer have money for his alcohol, tomorrow he can't have any alcohol whatsoever what do I do. The drinking is out of control i feel useless, powerless and generally shit
  • Lozboz88

Hi - my story :(

Hi, I'm new to this. I'm just desperate for people to talk to. My partner is an alcoholic. He knows he is and has tried all the usual. He hates AA and currently he claims he's doing a hard reduction type approach he says he can never quit, it's part of who he is. He guilt me into supporting him. Basically he drinks for 2/3 days then stops for a day and claims he's got a handle in it because he...
  • angel3

Alcohol & Abandonment

my AH and i have been married for 4 months. Weve been together for 6 yrs. I only learned about his alcohol issue until he moved me and my daughter to his hometown. He confessed to his A and i forgave him cause i believe in him. He got saved, we went through christian marrital class then got married. 2 months into our marriage he became distant, angry, cold and scary. For the first time he scolded...