Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

0 Online
  • iamheretoo

Irritable

Last week I made decision to cut back from drinking everyday to drinking two nights a week. I drank Fri and Sat. Then I snuck one beer yesterday while working outside. I'm really irritable. Nothing seems to be going right. Is this a normal thing?
  • tinydancer02

Feeling weak

I was almost a week sober and drank last night. I didn't have liquor though, just beer. Typically I binge drink vodka. I was with my family, who were all drinking, and I felt I couldn't resist. I was the only one who wasn't drinking at first. I wish I had been stronger and resisted. I also wish though that they hadn't decided to drink around me because they know I've been struggling with...
  • itsjustme8

Why not in AA?

i see NBC has a feature on treating alcoholism and alcohol abuse disorder set for next Sunday evening. The trailer appears to point to medications such as Naltroxone.   I've been in and around AA since 2012 and have never heard it mentioned.  Why not?
  • cmiller2

Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy

I just saw a therapist last week and she suggested this “Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy”. Has anyone used this treatment and do you think it's effective??
  • Alylove

My alcoholism

Has destroyed my life. I've lost my best friends. I've betrayed my partner. I'm a useless person. I know alcohol is destroying me. I know how to stop but I can't.  I'm awful.
  • Cora_Belle

A favorite from Nemorino

Many of the newcomers to this group never had the chance to know Nemorino - Nemo as he was affectionately called.  He was here when I got to this group and learned so much from him.  Even back then (2004-2005), he was an old-timer.He was a great storyteller and here is my favorite.When I was sober about three months I was finally driving again for the first time in a year and a half. For $600 I...
  • TailorSailor

Quite a bit of adversity in many forms

I am experiencing adversity from individuals, institutions, and God it seems, but of course the God adversity isn't as unforgiving or loving as the individuals and institutions.  Let me break it down for anyone who has nothing else better to do than listen to another alcoholic.  I have adverse entities either asking me for money, or not wanting me to earn more.  That is what happens when you...
  • deleted_user

Six who made a difference

Here are six short stories about six people who, either knowingly or not, helped me get and stay sober. Even now, in the springtime of my senility, my encounters with them stand out like diamonds in a dungheap of vague and loosely sorted memories. What they said changed the way I looked at everything, and those changes have been both durable and effective ever since.There are others, of course,...
  • hati

Looking for support

Hi I'm starting over again. Its day 9 for me with no alcohol. I know I've been here many times before please don't have a go at me I'm trying. I think I've finally hit my rock bottom and know I can't continue on that drinking path. I tried AA before and don't want to do that again. I know I have to work through emotions and find things to keep me busy and be kind to myself.  Hoping there's...
  • TailorSailor

Great news

My post last night was genuine.  Sometimes I'll have moments of clarity that soon after leave, or revelations that sound good at the moment, but in a short amount of time are forgotten or weren't genuine.  However, the answer that my own ego was driving the madness behind money obsession was real, I still feel relieved today, and it is the type of recovery moment that is going to last, forever....
  • Shaddow7Angel

Should I stay faithful or should I go?

My lover of almost 2 years had a terrible problem. I love him to death when he is sober, I believe that he is the only one for me, no one understands me(maybe never could) like he does, it would just be such a shame to lose him to this. He lost his job to alcohol almost a year ago and has made no attempt to look for work since then. He says he will, he also said that he would stay sober if we had...
  • MrRandom

drinking now

My longest sobriety period was 3 years after a 31 daY STINT in a rehab at Cleveland clinic.
  • tinydancer02

Good day

Yesterday I felt extremely low. Was one of the worst days for me in a while. But today is day two of sobriety and I'm in a much better mood. I'm telling myself this time is it. I will not ever give in to alcohol again. Telling myself this makes me feel strong,and I finally believe in myself. I'm also surrounding myself with family. I'm battling alcoholism and severe depression so Im doing...
  • A_Whole_New_Me_2017

Hi

Hi, I am 25 years old, and I am an alcoholic.
  • CoogeeMum

Meditation Music

Hi guys,Reading the Sunday news this morning and came across an article about a relaxing song. Looked it up and thought I'd share it with you all. A nice 8 minutes....http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health-fitness/the-worlds-most-relaxing-song/story-fneuz9ev-1226597990142