Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

5 Online
5 Online
  • I dropped off this forum about 9 months ago when I gave up trying to quit drinking. I can't win the battle in my head. I DON'T WANT TO DRINK, but I do want to drink. The craving and urge gets so strong that I lose all control and can't think straight. You know how when you drink, you lose self-control and make bad decisions ... now I get that way when those urges come on. 23 hours a day, I don't...
  • Daisy

Pulling myself together

I will not drink today
  • Ms_jiggles

Just venting

As some of y'all know the past 8 months have been filled with heartache. Today is the last day that I saw my mama a year ago. I had to drive 6 hours to take care of her while my stepdad was out of town. We sat on the back porch talking and laughing. If I only knew that that was the last time I was going to hug her goodbye when I left, I would have held her a little big longer. I feel so selfish...
  • Steelystan

3 weeks with no booze

Well, its now three weeks since I decided my alcoholic wife was only part of my problem and I very quietly and calmly told myself I dont drink anymore. So far its been fairly plain sailing. No terrible craving and Ive even cooked with wine three times and not been tempted. Alright, after pouring the marinade on some beef I did smell it, and it made the inside of my cheeks water, but it only...
  • on a new med been down longer than i realized and months have passed i made a decision that was very costly owned a place rented it out and rented an apartment lost money lost time health and friends after my brother passed away made bad decisions got super isolated and depressed these things plus renewing relationship with drinking sister contributed to my starting to self medicate again not...
  • I am a member of the HAMS Harm Reduction facebook page. I don't drink... Coming up on ten years... Watching the fb group I see that many members have a difficult time controling their drinking... They really struggle with it. I still feel that moderation should remain an option for anyone with an alcohol problem. What do the numbers say? I'm off to read this...
  • Is there some kind of science behind this?What's on Your Gratitude List?
  • catskyn

Catskyn 15 days sober

Trying again to stop drinking. Close cal today as it was my sisters birthday and shes still drinking and I know if she would have come over I would have drank again. I cant go to meetings because I have no one to watch my Special Needs grandson. I know you can take your children to meetings but I have never been fond of this idea becuse some men have no filter and coud care less if there is a...
  • had two years picked up on weekends problem with trying moderation is,, i have an eating disorder anxiety ptsd and alchohol is not the main issue it makes ptsd worse brings out anger i cannot afford that i am a senior and am isolating i feel like i failed myself and my group i was attending alchohol and my metabolism doesnt work with ED so i have been in groups all my life , senior years are...
  • herk444

5 Days Sober!

I am 34 years old. Bourbon Whiskey is my drug of choice. My alcoholic journey started around 10 years ago. I drank in college from time to time, but it was never anything serious. When I got my first job out of college in 2006 I bought a pint of Jim Beam. That was the greatest relief of stress I had ever experienced! The first year I gradually esculated to where I was binge drinking only on...
  • Willing to help in any way I can.
  • jeffneedshelp

Alcohol and events

i went to guns n roses last night. Happily sober, I enjoyed the music, experience and people watching. I used to be the guy double fisting the largest beers, stumbling around and despite having prepartied plenty spent most of the shows worrying about the alcohol cut off. Between beer lines and urinal visits, I wasted away so much of that experience. Even after backstage, open bar until 1a -...
  • Greg1

Time for a change

Ive let drinking play a big role in my life for so long that in my mind it has become what defines me and i hate that thought.. but still cant shake the feeling and erg to be normal and drink responsibly like all my friends. . Ive come to terms with the fact that this will never be the case so now my challenge begins to win back my family and be sober for good. . I want to seek help but never...
  • Sam1980

5 Days Sober....

I am new to the group after finally this weekend admitting to myslef I have a problem with alchohol. Last straw for me was the dui I received Thursday night and having to have my Husband come pick me up at 4am.I never considered myself to have a problem because I did not need alcohol everyday. However, it's always been my crutch for dealing with anxiety, stress and depression and that little...
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8