Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

1 Online
  • Jaylat

Finished rehab

So I completed a 35 day inpatient rehab for alcohol, it went great and I learned alot, started going to meetings and found them very helpful, I haven't shared much yet but in due time I will, I did get my 30 day coin and have been sober 57 days now and feel fantastic and see the world a little differently so just gotta keep pushing to maintain.
  • Geno502

I GET HIGH, WE STAY SOBER!!!!

Hello Gr8ful2be, What the statement I GET HIGH, WE STAY SOBER is expressing is the Power of the "WE" of the Progams of AA/CA/NA. Left alone with my thoughts, "I" decide to get high, the "WE" helps me decide that's not a good idea!  I need the Power that comes from the others who are practicing this way of life called sobriety. This way of life is "a fellowship of women and men who share their...
  • NWWitch88

Should I come out?

I'm wiccan and I feel like I should come out to my coven about my alcohol addiction.  I don't know what to do. We have wine at our gatherings every month but I'm trying really hard to be sober right now. It makes me want to avoid going to meetings but to do so would be to leave the coven and they are my sisters, the only sisters I've ever known.  I know they will be accepting, obviously but I...
  • Geno502

GOOD MORNING!!!

Good Morning Everyone and Anyone. I pray that I can communicate/share with anyone in this support group on a consistent basis. Someone who has an understanding of the nature of this disease of addiction and its debilitating affect on the alcoholic/addict. The only process that is helping me recover and stay recovered a day at a time are the fellowships of AA/CA. These fellowships of men and women...
  • brokenlady47

21 days sober out of 27 now whoot :)

Hey all...finally getting somewhere with this awful bloody disease. Slipped again Friday after getting another 7 days sober time in. Only slipped because I'm having a LOT of trouble with my stbx mentally abusing me and threatening me with physical violence too. Because he doesn't like the fact that I'm slowly getting better and I want him out of my house and out of my life. Because of what he has...
  • jennyoo7

Curious about progression

I am through and through an alcoholic so am not trying to find some loophole to help me continue I'm just curious about why my drinking amounts and frequency hasn't changed in almost two decades. They say it's a progressive disease but I don't fit into that. Why is that? 
  • GoldenMom

Still trying after all these years

Hello everyone,Just found this group and am very thankful. I seem to be able to express myself easier as I write things down. I just turned 60 in November and honestly am not surprised that I still battle this horrid disease. I can be sober for quite a while, then bam, out of nowhere it's as if I become a completely different person with no concern for anyone but myself. My abusive alcoholic...
  • Diane3371

Day 54

Hi all, I have not touched a drop of alcohol in 54 days. So now my brain is telling me that it is OK for me to drink one or two glasses of wine. But I know that I can never stop at one or two glasses. I will drink and drink until I pass out. What do people do when they have these thoughts? 
  • TailorSailor

Step work

After one has recovered, I've found it just as important to continue to practice the steps daily.I am wrong this morning.  The source of that wrong is I am aggravated, aggravated I have committed to responsibility that is taking a huge chunk of time out of an already demanding and busy day.  This drain, three hours of grunt work that I know I will refuse to use in the future, is really pissing...
  • Impermanence

friends

“Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.”This is the story of my sobriety. I didn’t attempt to get rid of my old drinking friends. It just happened.  I got interested in my new life, which made new friends appear. I didn’t hang around...
  • brokenlady47

Meeting last night

Got to a meeting last night my home group. Hadn't been for a week. Everyone was really pleased to see me. It's a Big Book meeting and last night we all took turns reading the chapter 'A vision for you'. My friend Fiona did the first share afterwards then it was my turn. I broke down and howled like a baby. Admitted my slips last week and once again admitted my powerlessness over alcohol. Finally...
  • Geno502

Didn;t finish my last post

GOD Willing I'll be sober nine years on 8/22/17. One day sometimes one minute at a time. The program which I call a way of life is blessing me to learn how to live before I die. Im reminded that when I first picked up and used alcohol and drugs is when I stopped growing emotionally. Sometimes if things don't go my way Im like a 9yr. old kid having a temper tantrum and pity party. Thanks to my...
  • Sly

Day 3 again, after a year sober

Here I am again, day 3, for me quitting is the easy part. The last period of sobriety was almost a year. I had 8 years at one time, until I was diagnosed with chronic illness and chronic pain. I also have OCD Pure "O", the worst type you can have. I have Tourette's and Major Depressive Disorder. I do great for a year and then it all gets to me and I come crashing down. I always land in the...
  • Geno502

GOOD MORNING !!!

Alcoholic named Eugene,Just want to say Good Morning to all! In my sobriety I have found a new freedom and a new happiness. Though some days are better than others, I wouldn't trade any of the past 8 1/2 years for any of the years before August 22 2008 which is the day I surrendered from the torment of my disease of alcoholism/addiction. I'm here to encourage anyone and everyone that this way of...
  • browneyes82

Help

My husband has been drinking for years and it is so bad that he drinks from the time he gets up until the time he goes to bed and he is mean to me and my kids we have two kids together and two from my ex and he has also started using drugs and says he has sold them behind my back and he smokes weed. I dont want a divorce but if he doesnt want to change.we have not even been married a year yet