Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

Preciousbabygirl
That's what a month?? My mom and dad locked the alcohol in the safe. Thanks! Even though I know how to get into the safe I also know it will slow me down. Them putting it in the safe helps, me knowing how to get in it keeps me accountable. I'm sitting on 29 days and even though it's really hard at times I'm still going strong! WooHoo to 29 days!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I've been on high dose prednisone for pneumonia, and now I am slowly weaning. But lots of symptoms I don't like having, plus overeating has put at least 10 lbs on me. The food is "loud" as the GLP-1 users refer to it.Also pressured speech. Which comes out in my posts. Sorry I posted so much. I just need an outlet for my agitated and irritable brain. Just scroll on by my posts, if they are too...
-
I accidentally deleted a journal entry that I wish I hadn't. Is there any way to get it back?
Congratulations!!
"Each chip represents a specific period of sobriety, such as 24 hours, 30 days, 90 days, six months, one year, and beyond. These tokens are awarded to individuals during AA meetings to acknowledge their commitment to staying sober and to celebrate their progress on the journey to recovery."
If you're not, sending you one virtually!! https://www.amazon.com/s?k=30+day+AA+coin&ref=nb_sb_noss
Reading both of your posts together, I noticed something. You're facing two kinds of healing at the same time, healing from alcohol and healing from trauma. Neither is easy, and it's understandable that you're scared.
The fact that you're scared doesn't mean you're doing it wrong. It often means you're approaching something that has held power over you for a long time.
I also liked what you said about the safe. Knowing you could get to the alcohol, but choosing not to, is an act of strength every single day.
Whatever happens with watching the movie, be gentle with yourself. Healing isn't about forcing yourself to be fearless. It's about taking one step at a time, with people you trust, at a pace that's safe for you.
Keep celebrating each day. Twenty-nine days is no small thing.
I'm cheering you on....Hugs
Like Bob wrote, and for me this is true, so many times in my life I've allowed fear to make my decisions, rather than from my heart.
What I see you doing is caring for yourself from the heart, yes, with some fear, but also with the foresight of being alcohol free will give you a better life moving forward.