Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Support Group

Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is any sudden and unexplained death of an apparently healthy infant aged one month to one year. SIDS is responsible for roughly 50 deaths per 100,000 births in the US.

0 Online
  • amandamouth

sids.

lost my 2 month old daughter to sids. woke up to her gone. and I think the worse thing I have read and been told, is that it's not preventable, it's not detectable. and once it happens there's not chance on getting your child back. sitting in the hospital room, and the doctors came out, couldn't say one word. just looked at me and shook their heads. going home and living the past 7 months without...
  • After my Chloe passed away three weeks ago, although such thinking won't do anything to bring Chloe back, my husband and I were trying hard to figure out if there were chance for us to save Chloe if we monitor her every minute and awake her once we find out something is wrong. We talked to state medical examiner and he said there is no way to save a SIDS baby once it starts, even we monitor her...
  • My son was 4 months old when he had near sids, he is now 2 years old. Its hard to think that the years with him have gone by fast. I try to live every day as if its my last with him, all the bad story's i hear about how peoples kids survive sids and everything goes right and they wake up one morning to find out that he is gone. I have not slept in my own bed since my son came home, i really don't...
  • NVDoula

Premonitions...

Thought this was an interesting article on premonitions from SIDS parents.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-larry-dossey/premonitions-and-spiritua_b_193830.html
  • Hi there. I lost my son, Bronson on 9/11/15 to what they think was SIDS. We still haven't gotten his autopsy back. He was 4 months and a week.I have done a lot of research and came across: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/one-seattle-childrens-doctor-thinks-he-close-to-stopping-sids/Very interesting read. It got me to thinking and panicking ---- Bronson used to swipe at his ear...
  • I lost my son Tyler 15weeks old 06/04/2007. The Coroner said it was SIDS. My son was healthy,happy and well cared for and yet he was taken in a flash with no actual reason / cause.My son was sleeping in his Moses basket and nothing was covering his face he didnt die from being to warm he didnt choke we dont smoke and yet he still died. I have been told that there is no acctual reason for SIDS and...
  • AngelClarity

True cause of SIDS

My cousin is a nurse and has recently become aware that vaccines are causing SIDS.  Please, look into this and warn parents!  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_jwB6YbN0
  • So my wife Haley and I are trying to raise money for a plaque....it's for a baby Haley worked with when she was employed by York Hospital.He lies in an unmarked grave. We want him to be remembered..here is the link for the gofundme page.... please share if you can. Thanks in advance.
  • Friday seemed pretty fine and i though that we as a family are recovering well. Bang.Saturday morning hit me like a head on collusion. I woke up early in the morning and started staring at the place where my Sons bouncer used to be placed. Flood of tears, feeling of guilt and face of my lovely boy were moving like a tornado in my head. It stayed like this for an hour or so until my wife woke...
  • deleted_user

SIDS Research

In July, 2006, my son was diagnosed with "interrupted SIDS" after he died in my father's arms. I am sure you have never heard of that diagnosis...that is because it is so very rare. He was 10 weeks old, a perfectly healthy baby boy. I am passionate about finding the answer to SIDS. I will never forget the agony I felt when the doctors told me that they had done all they could do for my child but...
  • monbaby

SIDS Stories

Hello moms & dads,I work with Safe Sleep by MonBaby, an online resource dedicated to educating new parents about SIDS and safe sleep for babies. We would like to open a new section of our website dedicated to the stories of parents who have lost a child to SIDS. There are several reasons behind this. My company makes a baby rollover monitor designed to sound an alarm on your smartphone if your...
  • I lost my baby Catherine to SIDS in janurary of this year. I missing being a mommy and would like to try for another baby (she was our only child) but my DH is dragging his feet. Part of it comes from the fact that he feels like we did something wrong, or there was something we should have done that could have prevented her death. I have explained to him what SIDS is, and every once in a while he...
  • Hi all,Like others' stories, I don't quite know where to begin, so here I am.I've been with my girlfriend for about 2.5 years now. I'm 26, she's 23. We've moved across the country from NY to WA, bought a house, and have two goofy dogs together. I'm currently in the process of getting an engagement ring for her.Prior to meeting her, she was with another guy. He... was something else.He was older...
  • jackyphoenix

Blog for Siblings

Hello everyone! I am a rainbow. My brother Johannes died when he was 11 weeks old. I have always been struggling with being raised in a house full of fear.I wanted to work on that and so I just created a blog for siblings of SIDS children. Please stop by and write down your thoughts and experiences. sidsrainbows.wordpress.comThank you very much! Jacky
  • I lost my beautiful 4-month old baby boy on this day 35 years ago, January 24, 1980. It's been 35 years and I can now talk. There were no support groups then and I was hollowed out beyond what I could describe in words. I can now be a listener. I need to find a way to make some good happen because of my grief.