Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Support Group

Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is any sudden and unexplained death of an apparently healthy infant aged one month to one year. SIDS is responsible for roughly 50 deaths per 100,000 births in the US.

0 Online
  • brokenheartedmommy

So very broken

I was wondering if anyone still comes on to this group. I lost my son on October 14 when he was 14 weeks old. It has been very hard for me emotionally and also physically as he was breastfed. I long for him very much and I feel so alone in this world. I want to smell, feel, hear and nurse him. Everything in my being/body yearns for him. I don't want to post too much if no one will end up reading...
  • deleted_user

My Son Had Near Sids When He Was 4Months Old......

My son was 4 months old when he had near sids, he is now 2 years old. Its hard to think that the years with him have gone by fast. I try to live every day as if its my last with him, all the bad story's i hear about how peoples kids survive sids and everything goes right and they wake up one morning to find out that he is gone. I have not slept in my own bed since my son came home, i really don't...
  • juslikeme

Is this group active?

Is this group active? I am a mother who lost my son to SIDS last year.
  • takingastand

what to do

hi there, while I have never had the heartache of losing a child with sids, I am currently watching another young mother struggle after her 7 month old was awake one moment then suddenly was dead in front of her eyes with the diagnosis of sids and they think a cyst gone undetected exploded and he drowned in the fluid. As I am trying to support her and be there for her, he died in 2015 and its...
  • Emgoff26

Angel Baby Nathan

I lost my precious Nathan at four months to what we were told was "witness SIDS". An extremely rare situation where baby is awake and stops breathing with no known cause as to why.. I struggle every day with his loss as he was with a babysitter. He passed in January and I am now around 10 weeks pregnant and anxious yet overjoyed. I know baby Nathan would want me to continue my role as mommy I...
  • ForDariAva

Losing my princess

I lost my princess on 24th March 2017 from SIDS.  It is an unfair and cruel diagnosis. Without a discovery as to why this occurs, I cannot prove whether a dump fire in my neighborhood was the cause of her death or not. On Thursday 23rd March, the smoke in our area was unbelievable and it is not by chance she would be dead the next day. We must do something to shed light on the causes of SIDS. 
  • Steven99

Never forgotten

I lost my son Steven in April of 1999, he passed away at babysitters home and he was born on Feb 4, 1999 he died at 2 months of age. And there's never a day I don't think of him and blame myself of leaving him there. God is good and he has given me strength and faith to keep moving on, I have a 33yr old and 3 grandsons yes blessed.
  • amandamouth

sids.

lost my 2 month old daughter to sids. woke up to her gone. and I think the worse thing I have read and been told, is that it's not preventable, it's not detectable. and once it happens there's not chance on getting your child back. sitting in the hospital room, and the doctors came out, couldn't say one word. just looked at me and shook their heads. going home and living the past 7 months without...
  • deleted_user

can we save SIDS baby if monitor her every minute

After my Chloe passed away three weeks ago, although such thinking won't do anything to bring Chloe back, my husband and I were trying hard to figure out if there were chance for us to save Chloe if we monitor her every minute and awake her once we find out something is wrong. We talked to state medical examiner and he said there is no way to save a SIDS baby once it starts, even we monitor her...
  • NVDoula

Premonitions...

Thought this was an interesting article on premonitions from SIDS parents.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-larry-dossey/premonitions-and-spiritua_b_193830.html
  • bridgetlandgrafmarti

Did your baby rub their head?

Hi there. I lost my son, Bronson on 9/11/15 to what they think was SIDS. We still haven't gotten his autopsy back. He was 4 months and a week.I have done a lot of research and came across: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/one-seattle-childrens-doctor-thinks-he-close-to-stopping-sids/Very interesting read. It got me to thinking and panicking ---- Bronson used to swipe at his ear...
  • deleted_user

Will I Ever Be Able To Accept My Son Has Gone

I lost my son Tyler 15weeks old 06/04/2007. The Coroner said it was SIDS. My son was healthy,happy and well cared for and yet he was taken in a flash with no actual reason / cause.My son was sleeping in his Moses basket and nothing was covering his face he didnt die from being to warm he didnt choke we dont smoke and yet he still died. I have been told that there is no acctual reason for SIDS and...
  • AngelClarity

True cause of SIDS

My cousin is a nurse and has recently become aware that vaccines are causing SIDS.  Please, look into this and warn parents!  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2_jwB6YbN0
  • Friday seemed pretty fine and i though that we as a family are recovering well. Bang.Saturday morning hit me like a head on collusion. I woke up early in the morning and started staring at the place where my Sons bouncer used to be placed. Flood of tears, feeling of guilt and face of my lovely boy were moving like a tornado in my head. It stayed like this for an hour or so until my wife woke...
  • deleted_user

SIDS Research

In July, 2006, my son was diagnosed with "interrupted SIDS" after he died in my father's arms. I am sure you have never heard of that diagnosis...that is because it is so very rare. He was 10 weeks old, a perfectly healthy baby boy. I am passionate about finding the answer to SIDS. I will never forget the agony I felt when the doctors told me that they had done all they could do for my child but...