Stroke Support Group

A stroke is an acute neurologic injury where the blood supply to a part of the brain is interrupted, either by a clot in the artery or if the artery bursts. The brain perfused by that artery no longer receiving oxygen carried by the blood and dying with cessation of function from that part of the brain.

0 Online
  • Sweetdreams

I had an embolic stroke in August 2016. The stroke affected my left side (leg, arm, hand). I requested physical therapy, occupational therapy and in home care from my doctor. The first week after I got home from hospital I was pretty much on my own. My friend stayed with me until therapy came in to help. I was frustrated, depressed, cried and was scared I wouldn't be me again. I needed help to...
  • mike1958

I had stroke 3 months ago on my left side I still have weakness on my left side I'm not stable I have to have walking aid and my wife help me long would it take to get to somewhere normal, 
  • My husband just had a stroke.  He is still in the hospital.  And I'd like to talk to others.
  • deleted_user

i had a stroke over a year now,left side left weak,unable to walk without aids,i do not put my left foot down i stand tipitoed,i am to see a ortherpedic to see if i am suitable for a leg brace, does anyone know if this will help me to walk has i once did? and will i ever walk unaided again? the pyso i had say i have to find the middle has i lean to the right for balance if i try to stand striaght...
  • larz77

Lacunar Strokes

Anyone have this? Curious what you've learned and how you are doing....
  • lolobug87

I had 2 massive strokes

Hi, I'm Lauren. I got sick with spinal meningitis at 2 years old and was in a coma for 10 days and almost died. The doctors said that I was supposed to be either deaf, blind, handicapped or special needs... I over same the odds. I had a strokes a week later. I had epilepsy from the meningitis. Into HS and college years my seizures got worse about 9 seizures a month. I was 21 and my neurologist...
  • ruthgrps

Think I may have had a mini stroke.

My symptoms came on quite suddenly, 1st my right hand and arm went quite numb2. I became a bit confused3. I had visual disturbance twinkly lights.The symptoms passed in about 30 minutes off to the doctors tomorrow, but what do you think?
  • saddleman

A long trip

It has been 4 years 1 month and 4 days and it is coming back. I had my stroke on Nov. 27th 11. at 5 in the AM. I have been working my butt off in hope that good things would come of it. I can push off with my right foot when I walk and all of this started 1 week ago. I used to lift weights and work out 2 or 3 times a week before the stroke. After I was through with therapy I joined the Y and my...
  • ruthgrps

It wasnt a mini stroke

I've been to the docs and he said it was a sort of migraine, apparently with mini strokes you loose vision in one eye completely,
  • certain actions repeatedly?I'm not talking about 3-4 times but more like 6 or more times? I discovered that I really need to work on my patience. It's not his fault!
  • bayrabbit01

What was the first sign???

To those that read and respond to questions on this board, i would like to know what were the first signs of having a stroke?? I am asking because i have high (uncontrolled) blood pressure, and my dr says that if i don't get it under control soon, i am running the risk of having a heart attack or a stroke, so i want to know what to look out for.Thanks
  • Phoebesfriend

Stroke Symptoms

Beyond F.A.S.T. Other Symptoms You Should KnowSudden numbness or weakness of the leg, arm or faceSudden confusion or trouble understanding Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination Sudden severe headache with no known causeIf someone shows any of these symptoms, immediately call 9-1-1 or emergency medical services.
  • jambaxt

excellent ' ted talk '

I found this impressive all-purpose motivation talk. worth sending to friends that need a little help with smoking, or diet, or stress or .....;Recent what do you think ? - I watched it twice and feel more motivated than I have in a long time.
  • cotango2

A friend of mine

Launched a new website
  • Phoebesfriend

Anybody out there ?

Hello, Does anyone need support/ advice here ? It seems sad to me this board is so vacant. Hugs, Phoebe