Sports Injuries Support Group

Sports injuries are injuries that are caused by participation in a sporting activity. In many cases, these types of injuries are due to overuse of a part of the body when participating in a certain activity such as runner's knee or tennis elbow.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi all, I am 34 years old and a little obese too. One of my friends suggested me to do cycling for a healthy living and Im cycling for the past 3 weeks. Im feeling pain in my abdomen and lower back for some days. Today I felt pain in my left testicle too. Is it varicocele? Im thinking to attend a sports therapy treatment from AESM, Toronto ( http://www.aesmphysiotherapytoronto.ca/ ). Will it cure...
  • drzaxis

Extreme sports injuries?

Hey gang,I just recently (as in today is Thursday 5/19 and recently is Monday 5/16) got out of the hospital after a 12 day stay following a TBI that I sustained while downhill skateboarding (going 30-60 mph on a skateboard down an open mountain road). I don't necessarily want to get into the details of it yet but the accident was really psychologically traumatic for me and I'm just now kind of...
  • gummey

knee

I had fluid under my knee cape and them I went to slow down form running to get the ball cuz someone had already gotten it and I fell and a girl tripped over me an broke my foot she like stomped on it and she was not light but not fat either but in the end there were three girls on the floor and they were all on me like a pb and j and I broke my wrist and my mum said that was the end of b-ball...
  • Last year I suffered the worst injury in my sports career. I tore three ligaments in my ankle, had a complete lateral construction, lost my whole competition season, was really freaking depressed, my eating disorder came back...it was devastating. I tried to pull it together, went to physical therapy, pushed myself to get better and focus and go back, and I really thought I could do it. Like I...
  • tryingtobestrong5

ACL Surgery?

I just need to know how many people have gone through this. I'm having a lot of trouble getting through this it's very hard emotionally I'd really appreciate any responds.
  • jrk1288

Stress Fracture

Hi all, I'm a runner who was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with a stress fracture on the neck of my left femur. Once the x-ray results were back my PCP instructed me to stop ALL exercise, including low impact activities like yoga. I then had an MRI, bone scan, and a consult with an orthopedist. After practically begging, the orthopedist said I can do easy exercise like swimming, low-resistance cycling,...
  • Hi. I'm 35 years old and I have been running for about 4 years now. I usually run at least 3 days a week. I have done several 5k races and I have been training for longer distances. I love to run. I wish I could bottle the feeling you get after a good run and keep it for emergencies. I obsess over it. When I see a runner while I'm driving I get insanely jealous and I want to park my car and run...
  • deleted_user

Baker Cyst

Hello,with all of the sports I do, I injured my knee a few months ago by squatting down and getting something out of a kitchen drawer. It made a "pop" and then I felt a knot develop at the side of my inner left knee. When I went to the Doctor, he believed I tore a meniscus, but the MRI revealed that it was just a bad sprain causing a baker's cyst. Physical therapy was recommended. Stretching...
  • I don't know what I'm expecting out of this. All i know is that I was a collegiate volleyball player who lifted wrong and tried to work through the pain and it ended my career. After trying to play through my injury for 2 months, the pain in my back got so unbearable that I couldn't even move without screaming after practice. I got an MRI the next day and my disc was herniated. An epidural was...
  • Hi guys!I'm new to this group but not new to DS -- participate in chronic pain, back pain, etc support groups. So I apologize if you all have already discussed this in depth before, but have any of you experienced sports injury (or just injury) that probably should have not been a long term ordeal, that In fact did turn into just that? Long term chronic pain...and even more than that,...
  • I fell off of my horse in January. It happens. Falls don't typically scare me and this one was slow and expected. I was practicing for our winter circuit of competitions to start. The team just moved south (horseshow's are typically held in the warmer southern states in the winter and up north for the summer) it was the fist day of the first week.. We were jumping a course and I messed up, my...
  • i have tennis elbow for over a year in both arms and may quit my jobs. has anyone tried surgery, prolotherapy, prp injections, or rest? which of these worked and which didn't work? Many thanks for your input!!!
  • Just to let everyone know that I have a medium sized tear in my left shoulder. I got a telephone call from my Rehab. Doctor's nurse this a.m. and now I have to make an appt. to see one. Will post when the appt. is so that everyone can keep me in their thoughts and prayers.
  • Hi everyone out there. I am not sure if I have a sports injury or not. I don't play sports but somehow I ended up with an increased amount of pain - in my left shoulder -sharp ( on a scale from 1 to 10- 1 being no pain and 10having lots of pain) my pain level is an 8! It is there all of the time - nothing helps at all. I can take a Norco along with a Hydroxzyine pill that helps the Norco to...
  • I been working out now for some time..I started doing powerlifting last year and had to stop after the pain in my shoulders got unbearable.I feel my rotator cuffs are weak, and there's always a pain in my shoulders when I stretch my arms.Needless to say I had to stop doing power lifting which involved shoulder exercises.This also takes some power and mobility away from my hooks and uppercuts when...