Rape Support Group

If you or someone you know has been the victim of rape, this is the place to find support and get advice. If you want, discuss your experience, share your feelings, and meet others going through a similar situation.

3 Online
  • oliviaantoinette

Opening up

Today is the first time i opened up to my therapist about my rape since it occured in April of this year.... Am feeling a LOT of negative emotions HELP
  • bp0622

I need help

i feel like I am in a low place. I have posted once before with my story but I feel like I am at a stand still. I cannot bring myself to speak about what happened to me to anyone. I am married to the most wonderful man, but if I told him it would destroy him in every way. He could not handle the thoughts I think. I want more than anything to move past this and never think about it again but I...
  • mol247

Anniversary

hi guys. Tomorrow is the two year anniversary. I suppressed everything for a year and a half and now I've sought help and told my family, the anniversary tomorrow is making me feel sick. I didn't feel like this last year, because I'd suppressed it, but now I feel scared and anxious and depressed. It's screwed up so many things since it happened and my confidence has sunk so much. I'm back at uni,...
  • VooDooDoll

Flashbacks

I was raped when I was 7 years old. By my big brother. The person who was suppose to protect me from bullies, love me, care about me. It's been 14 years, I am 20 years old. Since I turned 18, the flashbacks have gotten worse, more detailed, distressing me. I can't sleep. I don't want to eat because when they just pop into my head I collapse and cry and get into bed. I hug the blanket that I had...
  • Zoho5

10 years on and still not sure if I was raped

I'm looking for advice about something that happened to me almost 10 years ago.Besides one ex-boyfriend, I've never told anyone what happened, I've tried not to think about it over the years but recently I just can't stop and it's getting me down.The worst part is that I don't even know if what happened to me can be called rape, because I didn't fight him or shout or scream or try to get away.I...
  • Amalthea83

I was raped by when I was a 22 year old virgin.

So... I think I should start off by saying that I wasn't just a virgin by happenstance, but went to great lengths to protect my virginity. That's why, when I was drugged and raped by fiance, it was so shocking... I thought I had finally found someone that I could trust; someone who shared my same values.When I was 22 years old; I entered the Job Corps to study nursing, because it was the only...
  • PreciousQueen

Tell about rape or keep as is?

hello. I have been training in jiu jitsu for a few weeks. I have told my coach that I was "assaulted" twice but didn't say rape. I've talked to him twice. He knows I don't like sparring with males and let's me sit out. Lately, he says a lot of things that are triggering. I was rethinking about telling him that is was rape so he could stop saying such triggering things, but wanted to see what...
  •    I am now 28 years old. My husband and I have one baby girl and a baby boy on the way. In the 4th grade I was groomed and molested by a teacher. Although it has taken me a very long time to process through those events I feel I have made progress in the healing process. When I was 18 I was violently gang raped and a good friend of mine was killed in front of me during that ordeal. After this...
  • bp0622

My story...

Hello, I am new to this group. So I guess the best way to start is by sharing my story. In march of this year, I had surprised my best friend with tickets to see our favorite country band in a smaller venue downtown. My husband dropped us off to go to dinner before the concert. We had a great dinner and arrive to the concert venue at 7:30 that evening, with the show beginning at 8. We both...
  • Pitmom124

Facebook knew...

I'm new to this forum but I need to get this out. On July 21st of 2011, a cowardly excuse of a man named Doyle Carpenter raped me.  A lot of people may not see what he did to me as rape because I had gone to his apartment for dinner and had a few glasses of wine.  Let me assure you that I said no.  I tried to fight.  I tried to scream.  I eventually couldn't anymore and watched time tick...
  • Luvbear

To tell or not to tell

So I have a guy friend who tells me "it will do u good to talk to the police "... I have been denying the need for help since April. .. idk if I can "win" in this situation. ...
  • marie8614

Forgiveness

I keep hearing "if you forgive it will set you free"...it hasn't worked for me yet. So, now I'm wondering did I not forgive completely? Then it brings up the question, "how do you fully forgive your rapist?" There are times when this question pops into my mind that I think, am I going backward in my healing process? So, I tend to tell myself that I'm healing from a different angle so the...
  • Maddy95

Struggling mentally after being raped.

I was raped on June 6th 2017 by my friend I helped when he was locked out his house in the rain (more details are in another post)anyway since it's happened I just want to die, I feel suicidal I hate everything about myself I don't want to be me anymore which breaks me.I've gone overboard on make up and fake tan etc trying to change the way, i look in the only way i can afford as a single mother...
  • Paulie13

Multiple Rapes

I've been raped on 3 different occasions by 3 different men. Does the fact that I've been raped more than once mean it's my fault? Like do I put myself in situations where this can happen to me? After the 3rd time I can feel myself getting worse and acting out. I feel like I'm swimming through a fog of thoughts and memories in my head. Zombie like at times. Does anyone else feel like this? Please...
  • whatislife

I feel crazy

I was gang raped by three college guys at a party I went to back in June. I'm seventeen years old. I was in a car accident back at the end of April, and because I had been somewhere were I hadn't told my parents, I was grounded. I was ungrounded at the end of the school year; so, June. Being that the college was getting out for the summer as well, I went to many of those parties. I'm no where...