Rape Support Group

If you or someone you know has been the victim of rape, this is the place to find support and get advice. If you want, discuss your experience, share your feelings, and meet others going through a similar situation.

1 Online
1 Online
  • my therapist said I need to start taking responsibility for my childhood being messed up instead of blaming others for it. my trauma therapist said that it isn't my fault but this other therapist is putting the blame back on me. say what?! so which is it? is it my fault or isn't it? i feel so heartbroken. i called crisis and they said that i needed to make another appt with my therapist but he's...
  • This is really hard to talk about and I haven't told anyone but i have to tell someone so here goes nothing.My uncle was raping me every day and sometimes every night so this one day I hid at my other uncles house to get away from him. My older uncle had taught me how to break into his house in case I needed to find refuge from my younger uncle. This one day I went over there to get away from him...
  • kittycat57

here goes nothin

I was raped by my neighbor/ family friend several times. The man was about 2.5x my age and 3x my weight. I went to court several years for it but he got off with probation and now he has video cameras angled at my house and he will sit in his driveway and just stare at me. At first I was very secretive about what had happened because I didn't want anyone to know because I feel like less of a...
  • Hello,I am new to the site and I have been dealing with the effects of rape alone for quite some time. Talk therapy does not seem to work and neither did EMDR treatment. I want to have some other women who know what I am going through to help build a solid support system, not only for me, but for the other person as well!I do not want to discuss the details of my rape, due to possible triggers in...
  • aucahk

I don't know wt to say

I'm broken n finding someone who had the same situation that I did but had gone through it talk n give me advice,please
  • lost1227

Sex after rape

The last incident was almost exactly 4 years ago to this day, but I'm just now opening up about it with my therapist. I have a hard time talking about it and feel stupid most of the time sitting there not able to say how I feel. Until this time I had dealt with the years of abuse by keeping everything inside which allowed me to live somewhat of a normal life. I still had my bad days but for the...
  • I've never been open about my emotions and what happens in my life but lucky for me my fiance was always a good listener and hes been helping me through every part of this. i went to a party last weekend and it was probably the worst decision of my life. i went to the party alone thinking i could handle myself but as it turns out i cant.. i ended up getting raped that night. it wasnt someone i...
  • As a man, it is hard to "out" myself about my past experiences with going from boyhood curiousity to molestation, incest and various rape situtations that have haunted me for decades but only recently been flooding me with recently diagnosed mental illness conditions and symptoms. Only over the past few years have I been waking in the middle of the night from flashbacks, nightmares, sweats, chest...
  • so me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a year and he's been my bestfriend for even longer. i recently told him about me being rape which was still on going at the time, he told me he wasn't going to allow me to not tell anyone ( it had been happening for 3 years byblos's my stepdad ) so i spoke up and told my mom. while this had been happening i got used to it, i don't know about...
  • Or at least that's how I feel. I was raped daily for many years by my uncle and cousin and then when I was 9 my uncle started trading me for drugs so I was gang raped a couple of times a week in exchange for drugs. Then when I was 17 I was repeatedly raped by a man in my neighborhood over a 17 hour period.My little girls need someone to hold but there is no one. I feel so broken. Why is that??...
  • dally

scared

when i was 8 i was raped by my cousin who was living with us. my sister who was also raped talked about it with her counsleor over at college and they had to report it because he now has children. with this coming out though i was forced by my sister to tell my parents that i was also raped.. we are now in the process of going to court and im scared. im also suffering with anxiety an depression...
  • Meaghan.A.

Will it ever end?

Last summer I was raped by the one person that I had ever completely opened up to, my best friend. Towards the end of my junior year in high school, my mom went on a weekend getaway that turned into a 6 month affair. My dad's health went into a downward spiral and I was left to pick up his broken pieces. My entire summer was spent either at work or taking care of my dad(making sure he ate, took...
  • rising-star

Just a rant

This is messed up. It's like the flashbacks will never stop completely. I feel like the rape really fucked me up. I told a guy I'm sort of seeing that I was assaulted just so he's aware in case I experience a flashback during sex as i wouldn't be able to explain at the time if I got triggered. He was sympathetic and said he appreciated me telling him. I was happy with his reaction. But I started...
  • Sadgirldown

Worried

Okay so when I was younger I was raped by my dad. My problems is now my dad is dead and I live with my grandparents and no one know about the rape does any one know if I tell my therapist will she have to tell my grandparents I'm just really ashamed and embarrassed and really need some one to share it with
  • soulsister8

How Do I Move On?

Basically I'm using this forum because I really don't like other people knowing what happened to me and looking at me differently. I also think that no one would really believe me even if I spoke up. But here's my story and I'm really just looking for some emotional support and advice. I worked at Walmart for 6 months in the pharmacy. I unloaded supplies regularly in the back as I was inside and...