Psoriasis Support Group

Psoriasis is an immune-mediated disease which affects the skin and joints. When it affects the skin it commonly appears as red scaly elevated patches called plaques. Psoriasis plaques frequently occur on the elbows and knees, but can affect any area of skin including the scalp and genital area. Psoriasis can also cause inflammation of the joints. This is known as psoriatic arthritis.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Jonsparky

Psoriasis shampoo

Hi, Most of my Ps is on my scalp, has anyone had any luck with Cloden shampoo? Any other suggestions?
  • Dear Everyone who has or knows someone who has Psoriasis:My wife has developed a topical ALL NATURAL product that has produced results that not only impressive but are also sustainable. Please contact us to be considered for a trial size of the item.God bless,Tony & Louise
  • Hi Friends,I have seen many discussion in this group.Any of your idea work outs for curing psoriasis.If so I am more happy. Is those ideas just controling or getting recovered?Because I was struggling for this past 10 years.
  • I have psoriasis tarsis, my doc says. The affected area is my sole, the soft tissue of my foot, never on the top of foot, just the bottom. Its been there for 30 years. Can you share where you are affected ?
  • LoopDLoop

Vitamin D3

My adult son has had plaque psoriasis since his early twenties and is now 43. The patches on his elbows have got progressively bigger. At Easter we were on a ferry and the man sitting opposite us leaned over to my son and asked if that was psoriasis he had. He explained that he used to have the same but got onto taking Vitamin D3 one tablet a day and it cleared. We did some research and found out...
  • Ive sufered from psoriasis for over half my life. Ive had guttate psoriasis since age 20, Im 48 now. About 10 years ago I finally found a doctor who was able to get rid of it, but that was only temporary. It flared up again about 6 years ago and I have had no luck with doctors to get rid of it. I was fed up to say the least. I did a lot of research and found that psoriasis is usually a...
  • Hi there, and happy new year! I'm wondering if anyone here might be interested in helping out with a new project I'm working on.My name is Whitney, and I'm writing on behalf of a new service for people with psoriasis that I'm working on with a small team of people in New York. It's called Relate, and it's a text-based guidance and support service for people living with psoriasis. The project is...
  • except extremely expensive medications.Ive tried everything and nothings seems to help me or bring me any relief. Currently I am on a Vit D, folic acid, chlorophyll, ACV, flax seed oil regiment .Also eliminated sugar, dairy, gluten, most red meat, processed foods. basically eating ground turkey, chicken, nuts and leafy greensbeen doing this for a month or so and not only did my skin not get any...
  • http://www.fiercebiotechresearch.com/story/rockefeller-u-team-touts-potential-psoriasis-cure-boehringer/2015-03-17https://www.psoriasis.org/advance/one-dose-of-trial-drug-kept-patients-clear-of-psoriasis-for-a-year
  • Gday everyone im just wondering if anyone else finds that when they swim in saltwater their skin clears up i have not been to the coast this year and my p seems to be spreading Is their something you can put in bathwater to simulate seawater hoping one day can win lotto and buy my own island and invite everyone to laze about in the miracle of saltwaterPS HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
  • I noticed when Im on codeine long term it flares up and its on my underside forearm of all places.I also have auto immune conditions.
  • westley

Psoriasis and Depression

I often feel that my psoriasis makes me feel totally depressed more than anything else. I am on disability for major depression. There are times that I just don't want to get up and look in the mirror and shave, because I know that there are some spots under my goatee. Do any of you people have the same problem? and, How did you handle this situation?
  • omardumeto

psoriasis and pain

I don't know if my pain comes from my joints ,bones or muscles.I feel a constant pain all day long in my fingers nails arms legs,knees ,neck even my jaw.does anyone have a similar problem?I'm 22 btw I've had this my entire life.
  • I have been taking Enbrel for 6months now. Psoriasis has cleared up 90 percent. However, I feel very week. Bones ache and feel as if I am 80 years old. A few days ago had some bloody stool. Has anyone else experienced these side effects?
  • I am 21 years old and have suffered on and off out bursts of Psoriasis starting at 15, all because one summer I tanned too much and triggered a dormant (how I look at it anyway) case of Psoriasis.I had been using topical cream in combination with UV photo-light treatment and that had worked like a charm back in my home province of Ontario. I recently moved out to Alberta and the light treatment I...