Prolactinoma Support Group

A prolactinoma is a benign tumor of the pituitary gland that produces a hormone called prolactin. It is the most common type of pituitary tumor. Symptoms of prolactinoma are caused by too much prolactin in the blood or by pressure of the tumor on surrounding tissues. Prolactin stimulates the breast to produce milk during pregnancy. After delivery of the baby, a mother's prolactin levels fall unless she breast feeds her infant.

0 Online
  • cindyL

Continued..

now i always consumed bromocriotine twice per day and cycloproginova (menstruation pills). Sometimes i can't control my headache after i consumed bromocriptine. 
  • cindyL

Hello.. i'm new here

I just diagnosed hyperprolactin. My hormones prolactine is 365 nanogram and then i consumed bromocriptine everyday. And about 5 months my prolactine is 114.0 nanogram soo happy! But now my prolactine is increased until 186.4 nanogram.. I'm so saaad. So my doct want me to check my brain with MRI. Anyone with me?
  • deleted_user

Bromo: Memory & Spacy?

I have a 8mm tumor...For the last monthe I've been taking 2.5 mg of bromocriptine twice a day.I do expect some adujustments since this is such a strong brain altering mediction.Benefits i've seen is a curb in my appetititie, energy changes, some days a lot, others none. things that concern me are...I'm having memory blanks, headaches. I feel like i'm walking in a clear plastic bubble. My head...
  • deleted_user

MUST READ! If u have elevated prolactin

Ok first of all if you are dealing with hyperprolactinemia my heart goes out to you because I have been struggling with this for almost 10 years. I have seen so many doctors I have lost count including doctors in big university hospitals. When I was first diagnosed I had a prolactin level of 60 (normal being less than 28). Fast forward almost 8 years later and my levels have risen to 128. About a...
  • chesterandspotty

Post-surgery update

Hello all,I just had surgery on tuesday to remove my 10.5mm prolactinoma and it went remarkably well! I came home Thursday afternoon. 36 hours in ICU and the last bit in a regular hospital room. I'm in NC and was lucky to find two incredible neurosurgeons doing the procedure, which i think took about 2.5 hours. FYI, if you're considering the surgery, you want an "expert" surgeon, meaning he/she...
  • ilovemy2boys

high prolactin

Hi everyone I'm new here and just wanted to share my story to see of anyone can help me to understand. I'm 27 us old.I had my first ever smear test 2 weeks ago and the nurse mentioned that I bled during it. As I got home I started with period like pains and lower back ache (which I still have now and then?) A few days later my breast started to hurt (bruised like feeling) So i went to my Dr last...
  • I wanted to make this post to help anyone suffering with uncertainty and fear about what might be happpening to their bodies. I have a microprolactinoma and I had not been taking care of myself which caused my body to go haywire and I fell into a deep panic for months. I want to describe what happened in case it helps anyone else who may have run into similar life situations as me. There are...
  • deleted_user

Cabergoline Vaginally ?

Has anyone ever taken cabergoline vaginally ? If so can you tell me how it went and if you had any side effects. I was just diagnosed with a prolactinoma and was prescribed cabergoline. The side effects scare me a lot tho. I've been doing a lot of research and there are a couple studies of the drug administered vaginally and there were no side effects. I hope someone here can give me some...
  • Julieo

Suicidal thoughts

I have high prolactin and am waiting on MRI results.  I'm not sure I can wait, I have suicidal thoughts and feeling paranoid and extremely anxious. I'm so scared that there won't be any help, and this is how I am. I'm almost hoping it's a tumour that can be removed so that at least there is some action to take. Did anyone else experience these feelings? 
  • Knight_Writer

It Hurts

I'm starting to get a BAD migraine today. The sharp pain starts in my forehead and then moves to my temples. If it starts moving behind my eyes again, I may cry. Even with some headache medicine, this is one I am afraid won't be fixed without some STRONG medication. I just want one full day without any pain.
  • Knight_Writer

Emotions

I find myself having to bite my tongue more than usual lately. I am not sure if it has anything to do with my tumor or medication. Perhaps it is a mixture of that and the environment that I have been in over the past few months. It could also be that I am tired of being pushed around and having to control EVERYTHING I say and do. My anger is attempting to release itself more often and I am...
  • Knight_Writer

Relationships

I think I get more and more nervous about being with someone physically and emotionally. So much has happened over the past few years emotionally, physically, and emotionally with just myself that I am extremely hesitant adding someone else to the mix. With the last person who truly hurt me with all of my fears, I don't want to open up to someone again. Even when I started to get close to...
  • TrinityL

Just diagnosed

Hello. I was just diagnosed with a 1 centimeter macronoma. I start treatment soon. I'm worried about the side affects and if I will be able to work. Any feedback would be great. Thanks 
  • petallica

Disagreeing doctors

Hi everyone, new to the group! Realised there wasn't really anywhere to talk about these kind of things so I'm glad I found you all here!I was diagnosed 2 years ago with prolactinoma at age 30 female, taking cabergoline twice a week since. Since I've been diagnosed, I've moved countries. I was initially diagnosed in Canada, with a great doctor who told me to have 6 monthly MRIs, eye tests with...
  • Troube_in_Paradise

Trouble in Paradise...

Hi all,My wife (31) and I have been together for 7 years and married for 2.  In fact yesterday was our 2 year wedding anniversary although it didnt really feel like a moment to celebrate.  When my wife and I first met she had several symptoms that couldnt be explained.  She would lactate fairly frequently but always had a regular period.  She was on the birth control pill and had her breasts...