Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Support Group

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total circulating erythrocyte (red blood cell) mass of the body. Primary polycythemia occurs when excess erythrocytes are produced as a result of a proliferative abnormality of the bone marrow. Secondary polycythemia is caused by increases of erythropoietin that result in an increased production of erythrocytes.

0 Online
0 Online
  • ahoybetherz

Exhausted..

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15. I am 20 now and my periods have never been regular. The pelvic pain used to never be an issue, but recently it's debilitating. I have had continuos pain for three days. My doctor prescribed Naproxen for the pain, but no such luck. Heating pads help, but once I am up and moving, I can barely stand straight. Any advice on something to help with the pain? All...
  • zuhahbutt

Metformin

I have had irregular periods and unwanted facial hair for as long as i can remember. I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now and honestly I'm just so tired. Eveytime i think something's about to happen, the test comes out negative. I finally changed my doctor two months ago and was diagnosed with pcos at 20 years old. My doctor has put me on metformin 500 mg tablets, 3 tablets...
  • MsCheriot

Tired of trying

I've had PCOS since I was 13 and was offical told at 18 by a endocronologist. I'm 22 and I'm so tired of trying and doing everything with no success. I take my vitamins, eat good, workout, take care of the insulan resistance and still nothing. I'm still skipping periods and weight managment is a nightmare. I gained 30lbs back out of no where. :c I've been on and off birthcontrol but I'm going to...
  • Stellar0ctopus

So embarrassed

I heard a few of my Co workers talking with each other saying I have a lot of facial hair... it's not something I can control especially having PCOS, I don't even have anyone to talk to about this. Anyone else ever had the same situation?
  • Ahays1000

When can it begin...

Im just so confused hurt angry everything. Another test another fail. I feel like im out of options
  • mjk34044

Hysterectomy

Has anyone out there had a hysterectomy due to PCOS? My doctor has brought this up and I'm only 24 so the thought scares me.
  • Misssfit

Babies~

I was Diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 18, Two years after i lost my daughter to misscarriage. Since then it has been super hard on me and my last long term boyfriend of two years and i had tried having a baby for over a year, no birth control or protection with no luck. Its exhaustingly stressful because all i want in live is to be a mom because I love kids and I am such a maternal person....
  • gclaxtn

The Timeline of PCOS

Hello all! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15, was placed on BC to regulate my periods, which it pretty much did. Now I'm 26 married and my husband and I are TTC. I went to my gynecologist and she wanted me to wait a few months while testing for ovulation. Well after three months and lots of ovulation tests, I never ovulated.Now I have been sent to have blood work done, at a ultrasound...
  • Kayceejojo

Provera

I just found out I have PCOS last month. My husband & I were hoping to get pregnant, which is how I found out there were issues. I was prescribed 5mg of provera for 5 days. After 5 days off the medication I had 3 days of light spotting. My doctor put me on another round, this time 10mg. I have been spotting once again for 3 days. Very similar to the last round except this time more cramping. We...
  • nikkitaw

PCOS seminar

There is a big pcos seminar in Atlanta next month and I was wondering has anyone been to one? It seems they hold one every year but this is the first time of me hearing about it.
  • Sarayeh

Pcos

can someone please help.I was recently diagnosed with pcos.I get my periods regularly all my life. My ovaries are fine no cyst regular size.The only issue is acne which happenwd after getting off the birth control, it hasn't been the same.My cortisol levels are low and under the required range, and my insulin and testosterone levels are slightly elevated. Being that my cortisol levels are low how...
  • angeleyes92

High Insulin Levels

I just had my insulin levels checked...yep...came back as high levels due to the PCOS. I'm on Metformin and it has helped keep my weight about the same but I haven't lost any. I'm not diabetic which is a good thing.Has anyone else been told they have high insulin levels? If so, what do you do to help with it?
  • I have been lobbying my gyno for hormonal testing for almost two years and have been largely dismissed. I am in my third year of cystic acne that has devastated me socially and deeply aggravated the anxiety and depression I was diagnosed with at 19 (I am now 31). I also have suffered from migraines since age 17. My moods have recently become much more volatile; my anxiety continues to worsen even...
  • sazzyb

pcos

hey I'm new to this. Just wanted to say I was diagnosed with pcos nearly 2 years ago, my moods are so bad especially when I wake up in the mornings. I've also noticed my hands/ fingers sometimes have a tingly feeling/ pins and needles and sometimes like a burny sensation in them just wondering if this is anything to do with pcos related? Sarah X
  • Greenegirl23

PCOD

So I've recently been diagnosed with PCOD but I know I've had it since I was teen. I'm 26 and I have had my tubes tied. I have two children. OK so I didn't have a period in April,may, June of 2016. I knew something was wrong because my periods never have just stopped. I wasn't pregnant because I took 5 tests. So I went to the doc to find out my left ovary was 3 times the size it was supposed to...