Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Support Group

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total circulating erythrocyte (red blood cell) mass of the body. Primary polycythemia occurs when excess erythrocytes are produced as a result of a proliferative abnormality of the bone marrow. Secondary polycythemia is caused by increases of erythropoietin that result in an increased production of erythrocytes.

1 Online
  • steph248

PCOS

To whom this may concern, I am a current year 11 student at Harvest Christian College in Kadina, South Australia. For my research project I am researching Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My research question is "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and how does this define a person's life and affect their own life and the lives of the people around them?".Would it be apprpriate for me to interview...
  • ACNAN

Introduction and Wieght loss Help

Hello! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19 or 20 years old. I had the implenon birthcontrol and gained about 50 pounds in a very short amount of time. My OB/GYN told me it was impossible for that form to make me gain the weight, but that was when we discovered I had PCOS. I also had an exploratory abdominal surgery which confirmed that diagnosis along with some other gynecological issues such...
  • bandgeek1991

Pcos

hello, I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 18. I had issues with my periods when I was younger. After I got married I gained 50lbs, I now have issues with excess hair growth. I don't know anyone who has it. The hair growth sucks and I have had weight issues for years. :-/ :-(
  • mia1129

Its frustrating

Im 27yo, i was diagnosed with pcos just 5years ago, weird thing is never had issue with my monthly period, till i got checked find out i have pcos. Now my period is on Off the past 4 years,the 5th year was non stop bleeding,i was in a long distance relationship with now my husband,before so it didnt bother me if i bleed, but now that im with him it's frustrating.can anyone recommend a doctor, i...
  • googoodollsgirl

Support?

I'm honestly very desperate for support...I know no one else with PCOS. I was diagnosed about a month ago but I was pretty sure I had it a long time ago because I just couldn't get pregnant and I was trying for a year. My doctor put me on Metformin recently. I get so depressed thinking I won't be able to have children. I know I'm not alone in that, reading all the posts, which makes it even more...
  • Mkelley16

Help?

I'm 19 years old and was just diagnosed with PCOS today. I get my period every other month around the same time. Am I still ovulating if I'm getting my period? I plan on getting pregnant within the next year or so. If I lose weight can I get pregnant? I'm so scared.
  • chripuri91

Struggling with depression and self-worth

hi. I've been diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16, so nearly 10 years ago now. It's something I had learned to cope with for the most part. I have really bad excess hair growth and in high school I was bullied for it. It's been something that has stuck with me for a while and some days it's worse than others. Today was one of those worse days. I started getting laser hair removal on my neck/face...
  • sibaneznyc

Diagnosis

I just got diagnosed with PCOS. I'm 18 years old and I haven't had my period in five months. They prescribed me with a combination hormone pill that I take everyday. I'm just struggling because I find it so hard to lose weight. Especially now that I need to lose a bit of my weight off because of PCOS. Any tips? 
  • jasminxo

Help me I'm scared?

hello! Im 23 years old, and I haven't had a period since last year! I finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors and they mentioned premature menopause and PCOS. I was sent for bloods on Friday and on the Monday I had a phone call to say the bloods came back and showed I had PCOS and a low fertility rate; my doctor told me to research PCOS online and just maintain a healthy lifestyle!...
  • Jessi0993

Wow

With 548 members of this group, It is sad to see no one ever replies to others post's. We are all here because we share something, and are looking for support from people who can truly understand what we are going through. We all came here for a reason, lets help each other through this!
  • Looking4Help

Help please

have pcos but I don't have cyst. And I was on metformin 500 to help with my periods. But now am out of metformin for about 8 months and am having pain and maybe bleeding 1-2 days a month that's it! Should I try and find another dr or what should I do?
  • Hopewilkerson

Pcos

I have just been diagnosed with pcos. I can not conceive and I am just depressed. They say to get on a diet but I am so lost I don't even know where to begin!
  • xiaoxicun

Fuyan pill, a New Approach to Cure STD

STD, as we all know, is also called sexually transmitted diseases, and it is a common disease in females. What we know about the disease is that it has many symptoms. For example, abnormal dischage may flow out of your vagina, and feel painful when you urinate and some other symptoms. Not only will STD make you feel uncomfortable but also will lead to some complications like infertility. Millions...
  • lisha888

Bleeding

does anyone else experience bleeding after intercourse ?
  • rainjane

Birth control out of control

Hi all, I started taking hormonal birth control in January to help my periods and was diagnosed in August, 7 years after symptoms appeared.I'm having a very rough time. No one around me has the disease and they rarely even know what it is. I was teased a lot as a kid because of the symptoms and doctors didn't believe how painful my periods were.Lately my birth control has given me insane mood...