Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Support Group

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total circulating erythrocyte (red blood cell) mass of the body. Primary polycythemia occurs when excess erythrocytes are produced as a result of a proliferative abnormality of the bone marrow. Secondary polycythemia is caused by increases of erythropoietin that result in an increased production of erythrocytes.

0 Online
  • April

Stress and PCOS?

Recently I've been under a lot of stress and I've noticed that when I am worried or angry or stressed I get sharp pains in my stomach back and hips. When I was first diagnosed with PCOS I was feeling these same pains but more intense (had to be hospitalized). I just want to know if anyone else experiences this and other than trying to relax, what do you do to try to over come the pain?...
  • psmucker3

Hi Ladies! I'm a fourth year student at The New School in NYC. I'm conducting a series of interviews for a jounalism project on PCOS. After recently being diagnosed, I left the doctor with many unaswered questions and frustration!  I am hoping to reach out women with PCOS, preferably in the NYC area, and experts on the subject.  Would anyone be interested in participating in an interview...
  • Stellar0ctopus

So embarrassed

I heard a few of my Co workers talking with each other saying I have a lot of facial hair... it's not something I can control especially having PCOS, I don't even have anyone to talk to about this. Anyone else ever had the same situation? 
  • Hi all, I started taking hormonal birth control in January to help my periods and was diagnosed in August, 7 years after symptoms appeared.I'm having a very rough time. No one around me has the disease and they rarely even know what it is. I was teased a lot as a kid because of the symptoms and doctors didn't believe how painful my periods were.Lately my birth control has given me insane mood...
  • mjk34044

Has anyone out there had a hysterectomy due to PCOS? My doctor has brought this up and I'm only 24 so the thought scares me. 
  • Looking4Help

Help please

have pcos but I don't have cyst. And I was on metformin 500 to help with my periods. But now am out of metformin for about 8 months and am having pain and maybe bleeding 1-2 days a month that's it! Should I try and find another dr or what should I do?
  • googoodollsgirl

I'm honestly very desperate for support...I know no one else with PCOS. I was diagnosed about a month ago but I was pretty sure I had it a long time ago because I just couldn't get pregnant and I was trying for a year. My doctor put me on Metformin recently. I get so depressed thinking I won't be able to have children. I know I'm not alone in that, reading all the posts, which makes it even more...
  • Ahays1000

When can it begin...

Im just so confused hurt angry everything.  Another test another fail.  I feel like im out of options
  • ahoybetherz

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15. I am 20 now and my periods have never been regular. The pelvic pain used to never be an issue, but recently it's debilitating. I have had continuos pain for three days. My doctor prescribed Naproxen for the pain, but no such luck. Heating pads help, but once I am up and moving, I can barely stand straight. Any advice on something to help with the pain? All...
  • zuhahbutt

I have had irregular periods and unwanted facial hair for as long as i can remember. I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now and honestly I'm just so tired. Eveytime i think something's about to happen, the test comes out negative. I finally changed my doctor two months ago and was diagnosed with pcos at 20 years old. My doctor has put me on metformin 500 mg tablets, 3 tablets...
  • MsCheriot

Tired of trying

I've had PCOS since I was 13 and was offical told at 18 by a endocronologist. I'm 22 and I'm so tired of trying and doing everything with no success. I take my vitamins, eat good, workout, take care of the insulan resistance and still nothing. I'm still skipping periods and weight managment is a nightmare. I gained 30lbs back out of no where. :c I've been on and off birthcontrol but I'm going to...
  • Misssfit

I was Diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 18, Two years after i lost my daughter to misscarriage. Since then it has been super hard on me and my last long term boyfriend of two years and i had tried having a baby for over a year, no birth control or protection with no luck. Its exhaustingly stressful because all i want in live is to be a mom because I love kids and I am such a maternal person....
  • gclaxtn

The Timeline of PCOS

Hello all! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15, was placed on BC to regulate my periods, which it pretty much did. Now I'm 26 married and my husband and I are TTC. I went to my gynecologist and she wanted me to wait a few months while testing for ovulation. Well after three months and lots of ovulation tests, I never ovulated.Now I have been sent to have blood work done, at a ultrasound...
  • Kayceejojo

I just found out I have PCOS last month. My husband & I were hoping to get pregnant, which is how I found out there were issues. I was prescribed 5mg of provera for 5 days. After 5 days off the medication I had 3 days of light spotting. My doctor put me on another round, this time 10mg. I have been spotting once again for 3 days. Very similar to the last round except this time more cramping. We...
  • nikkitaw

PCOS seminar

There is a big pcos seminar in Atlanta next month and I was wondering has anyone been to one? It seems they hold one every year but this is the first time of me hearing about it.