Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Support Group

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total circulating erythrocyte (red blood cell) mass of the body. Primary polycythemia occurs when excess erythrocytes are produced as a result of a proliferative abnormality of the bone marrow. Secondary polycythemia is caused by increases of erythropoietin that result in an increased production of erythrocytes.

0 Online
0 Online
  • aprilmillett88

pcos and pregancy

hi im trying to get pregnant and have pcos any ideas help on getting pregnant?
  • flowerandthebee

PCOS & Metformin

I was diagnosed about a year ago and I was given Metformin, which is supposed to help and I know that is also supposed to help with fertility (which is not a concern of mine as I am not planning on children), but my question is, did it really help anyone, non fertility? I stopped taking it because I just hate taking medicine. I know that's not a valid excuse, but it's the truth. When i was taking...
  • Stellar0ctopus

So embarrassed

I heard a few of my Co workers talking with each other saying I have a lot of facial hair... it's not something I can control especially having PCOS, I don't even have anyone to talk to about this. Anyone else ever had the same situation?
  • After a concerning set of symptoms sent me into a tailspin, my doctors concluded that I have PCOS. I noticed a sudden weight gain, increase of scalp hair loss, increased growth of facial and body hair (although I've always been hairy and thought it was because of my hertiage); I had cystic acne since I was 10, and my periods have always been abnormal but I had begun to miss months, along with...
  • mjk34044

Hysterectomy

Has anyone out there had a hysterectomy due to PCOS? My doctor has brought this up and I'm only 24 so the thought scares me.
  • Have any of you had cysts pop when trying to lose weight? I've been having cysts pop very often and it hurts so much. I'm not sure what to do.
  • ajgray84

My body is a wreck

Prior to having my beautiful little girl, now 2, I was diagnosed with POS and endo. We tried for 8 long years to get prego. After meds and surgery we finally did it. I have always suffered from irregular and painful menses. Pregnancy was a breeze, labor was 40 hours long, no epidural followed by an emergency c-section. She would nurse due to terrible colic so I exclusively pumped for 16 months. I...
  • I have had pcos since age 13 and im 21 now, ive had every symptom in the book. I have a severe case and it's in both ovaries. Until recently birth control helped manage my pain and even before birth control I only got my period maybe once a year but recently I got a pulmanary embolism (2 small clots in my right lung) and needed to be put on blood thinners (xarelto) the day after I stopped birth...
  • Hello all, I was hoping to get someones opinion on this topic. While it is not ideal and honestly I don't want it since it destroys my plans of having children. My doctor keeps throwing out the idea of a hysterectomy. Now I am only 24 so you can imagine the fear in this. However I have also been reading that many women are choosing this path more then I realized. I was diagnosed over 2 years ago,...
  • Hi, I'm new to his discussion group and I have a few questions. I'm 22 years old and my gyno is suspecting that I have PCOS as I have all the symptoms of it. I had my first pap smear ever today and also had blood tests taken which I should know the results of by next Friday. My gyno also scheduled me for an ultrasound for next Thursday (20th).If I do have PCOS what are the treatments of it? I was...
  • hinatalinn

Life change

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with PCOS around 4 years ago but never really paid much attention to it. I thought I knew all the effects it had on me, but I found out that it is the reason I have been getting sick so often. I went to my doctor because I was having worse pain then normal, and she told me I need to do research and find out what I need to be eating, and how exercises I need to be...
  • sa90

looking for some support.

Hey beautiful people, or I must say "sisters"...im 24 , soon to turn 25... found out that im diagnosed with PCOS last year. Until age 22 I had been a slim n fit girl who works out daily controls my food intake because thats what I wanted to. After that due to some drastic changes in my life routine I stopped my workouts , my food intake was way too much, n now its almost 3 years n ive only gained...
  • Does anyone know if you can go swimming when you have under gone insemination???
  • gclaxtn

The Timeline of PCOS

Hello all! I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15, was placed on BC to regulate my periods, which it pretty much did. Now I'm 26 married and my husband and I are TTC. I went to my gynecologist and she wanted me to wait a few months while testing for ovulation. Well after three months and lots of ovulation tests, I never ovulated.Now I have been sent to have blood work done, at a ultrasound...
  • twinkiegirl07

Treatment?

I just went to the gyno a few weeks ago for a yearly checkup and also because I have been feeling "off" for a long time. I asked her to test my thyroid and she said she would but "when she tested it last time he came back normal". When she said that I said what do you mean last time? They had done blood work in 2014 and never told me what tests were run or what the results were. When they called...