Peptic Ulcers Support Group

A peptic ulcer is an ulcer of one of those areas of the gastrointestinal tract that are usually acidic. Most ulcers are now known to be associated with Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that lives in the acidic environment of the stomach. About 4 % of gastric ulcers are caused by a malignant tumor, which is one reason to be vigilant in their detection.

0 Online
  • richardwilliams

after about 12/13 years i finally developed a stomach ulcer/gastritis/and colitis after consuming strong cups of black coffee each morning without drinking milk afterwards! i loved to drink a strong ass cup of black coffee especially of the folgers brand! my favorite was not instant coffee but instead ground roast instead. my mother always told me to mix coffee with milk so like that it wouldnt...
  • kjstaats

Hopefully some one can enlighten me.I've been battling an ulcer (or so they tell me, 4 different docs, for about 4 months) they just put me on protonix 40mg daily a week ago.My symptoms at the start were scary. I would get sweaty and nausea after eating and didn't want to eat. Was very weak and tired. Didn't have any vomiting or blood in the stool from what I could see.My problem that worries me...
  • deleted_user

ulcers and antidepressants

SSri anti depressants increase the chance of ulcers. Since I already have ulcers, I need to know of an antidepressant that won't irritate my stomach. Please Help!
  • deleted_user

Recently Diagnosed

Was just released from the hospital. Had a GI tube put in and my stomach drained. Was a terrible experience. The dr told me I have an ulcer and gastritis. Did not know you could have both. Need to know how to keep this under control. Posted on the gastritis group as well not really sure what the differences are or which to cover first or if they are related. I do know that I need help and...
  • deleted_user

back pain common?

Is back pain common with ulcers?I get pain right side/middle under chest bone and the pain goes stright through my body to the right side of my back, its dull aweful pain! Anyone else have back pain with there ulcers?
  • deleted_user

Don't know if its a ulcer yet.

Hi AnyoneHad a Ultrasound to rule out my gallbladder for pain in that area. Next was the endoscopy to see if there's an ulcer. According to the written results, it mentions multiple erosions in the prepyloric region and patchy mild erythematous mucosa in duodenal bulb. Tomorrow would be a week since the endoscopy. I would think if it was serious, they would call you sooner?(right...) I ran out...
  • catcor87

Help! Ulcer Pain

Hi AllI'm almost at my witts end with this pain! Have been suffering from pain in my left side for almost 3 months now. Went to the dr first time and was sent for full abdominal ultrasound - everything came back normal. Also sent for full bloodwork to which everything was normal as well. Was prescribed Tecta once a day and asked to return in 2 weeks. Went back no better than when I started so...
  • deleted_user

Unbearable Pain!

Hello,I have been suffering a peptic ulcer since I was 16 years old. I was admitted in the hospital due to vomiting as the pain was too much! They discovered I had this ulcer however, it is almost 10 years later and I still go to bed afraid that I am going to wake up from the pain. I have tried to change my diet and been through an ample amount of testing to try and figure it out. At times I am...
  • i wake up every morning nauseous . I start dry heaving and gagging, Sometimes it helps when i eat, but doesnt take it completely away . my appetite is much lower now , and I find I cant eat what I could . I get this awful gnawing burning feel as well .. ..
  • First off, thank you for taking interest in my post - Anything is helpful and appreciated (As long as it's Polite)I am a 18 year old Female, I do not smoke cigarettes, nor do I have any family history with G.I. complications as far as I know. For around the past 2 years, I have had this pain located on the upper left quadrant (In medical terms) of my body. It started out quite innocent - It'd...
  • I'm hoping someone out there can shine some light on what's going on because I am at my wits end. I started out with a severe viral infection back in Jan. After weeks of fighting it I finally felt better...for a week. I came home from work one Friday and a burning/gnawing pain started in my upper abdomen. I immediately thought ulcer. It came & went & wasn't too horrible. About a week into...
  • deleted_user

What to do with hungry feeling?

So, my doctors think I have an ulcer. According to my online research and talking with other people with ulcers, I think it's a duodenal ulcer, because it bothers me most when my stomach is empty. I have this hollow gnawing feeling all day long. Some days are worse than others. My question for those with similiar symptoms is...Have you found something to help with the hungry feeling? I find...
  • deleted_user

Helicobacter Pylori

Hey, Does anyone out there have any info regarding the bacteria H. Pylori? I recently went to the doctor thinking I had symptoms of GERD (burning, gnawing feeling in my stomach) and I was told (after a blood test) that i have the H. Pylori bacteria in my stomach. The doc proceeded to tell me that it is a main factor in getting stomach cancer. I have been scared to death since then, and sought out...
  • DaniRae8808

Can you tell me what your symptoms are?I have the dull ache, directly below my sternum. Intensity comes and goes but it's always there... Seems to get a bit worse when I am extremely active. The area can be tender to the touch, No acid, regurgitation or such though. Going to my doc in 2 days to try and get some answers!
  • deleted_user

Negative for H Pylori

Hello,To make a long story short; Last month my son who just turned 13 went to have an endoscopy and it was discovered that he had at least 20 small gastric ulcers. A blood test in December was negative for H pylori so they did a biopsy during the endoscopy which also was negative for H pylori. The specailist asked if I gave him a lot of ibuprofin or aleve and I said no that I mostly used...