Pancreatitis Support Group

Chronic pancreatitis can present as episodes of acute inflammation in a previously injured pancreas, or as chronic damage with persistent pain or malabsorption. Patients with chronic pancreatitis can present with persistent abdominal pain or steatorrhea, as well as severe nausea. Some patients with chronic pancreatitis often look very sick, while others don't appear to be unhealthy at all.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Since I could remember NFL games were my religion. I'm am losing interest in my home team even. I took the past 3 days off work. I said I will be back tomorrow and now no matter what prescribed pills or how many I take I can't find the means to sleep. I think the depression has gotten to me. All I want to do is drink and take away the pain. I'm hurting myself and my family. I have never been...
  • janev825

CP and fatigue

Can CP cause you to be tired all the time? All I want to do is sleep. I have absolutely no energy what so ever. Replies would be appreciated. Thanks
  • strongbeliever

Confused about Alcohol and CP

3 years ago, I found out I have mild CP and also a 4 mm cyst in my pancreas. I am now 56 and was screen for pancreatic cancer because my brother died from it. I have a very proactive and preventive GI who is on top of this. When I found out 3 years ago, he told me to reduce my fat intake in my diet, and reduce alcohol. He didn't say stop alcohol. I am surprised after researching and reading...
  • TDWagner

Hello....

I am just curious. Is anyone here? I see last post was a month ago. Just looking for people who suffer from this problem as well and who are willing to talkt o others who also suffer.
  • bostonborn

I'm new

I was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis. It is a family trait I guess. This has flipped my world upside down. I am looking for support. This hasn't always ended well in my family and until I seek the help of a professional I am beside myself and feel im.loosing my mind. I have had to take time off work and money away from my family and the hurt and guilt is killing me. Any prayers or words of...
  • hernan0330

Panreatitis Pain and Anxiety

My husband has been suffering from chronic pancreatitis for ove 2 years now, they have removed the tail and we thought it would make things better but the pain and discomfort is back. They have done a ton of tests and he just got out of the hospital and they told him that stress and anxiety can definfitly make his pancreas flare up. Does anyone have any suggestion on supplements to help with...
  • Montoya1986help

Just need some advise

Hey every one my name is alfred i am 29 years old ..i had my first pancreatitis attack a little over a year ago ended up in the hospital for a week ...i stayed pretty true to my diet salads subway and chickn with veggies fish pretty much the same stuff all the time...im here tryna talk with other people about diff foods and advise on how to make it in life with thus problem im still afraid to eat...
  • MadisonsMimi

Pain when I eat or drink

That past couple of days I have been having pain when I eat or drink something. It feels like it's right where the food leaves the esophagus and goes into stomach. It's a sharp pain. Could it be my pancreas?
  • Olliesmom

Children with Chronic Panceatitis

My daughter (13) has CP and has been hospitalized (7) times in the last four years. She is adopted and it's determined she has hereditary Pancreatitis. Her condition is so rare in children. I'm searching for other parents with children with similar problems. Please reach out with you have any tips in dealing with this awful disease.She also had giardia as a baby - wondering with their is any...
  • deleted_user

pancreatitis/menstrual cycles

So we have kind of concluded that my pancreatitis correlates with the onset of my menstrua cycles. We can't use birth control because even the hormones in the pills cause the attacks. Does anyone else suffer from this and what are the best treatments?
  • Taunta

This is a great site

http://beatingpancreatitis.com/pancreatitis-supplements-for-pancreas-healing/
  • janev825

Black stools???

Hi I had green stools for a while and now they are black. Can you have black stools with CP and should I be concerned? I don't know if I should call my doctor or not??
  • cozdiver

New and Confused

Hi All. I was just diagnosed with pancreatitis a few weeks ago. The pain is pretty much gone now. I am still on soups and venturing to try a couple of other things like yogurt, not much solids. Yesterday was my follow up with my family doctor and it has left me more confused than ever. She didn't even seem to know much about this problem and basically told me that I will probably be on a...
  • janev825

Swollen Ankles

Does CP cause fluid retention?
  • mdiapro

My Pancreatitis Finally fixed

After 2 long years, 7 hospital stays from Pancreatitis attacks, I can put it to rest. Local doctors tried 2 years but could not find a reason. They told me I would have to live with this. But my wonderful wife didn't let me give up.I was referred to the famous, Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis. They found a 14mm adenoma (growth) that was growing out of my pancreas and stopping the flow. They...