Pancreatitis Support Group

Chronic pancreatitis can present as episodes of acute inflammation in a previously injured pancreas, or as chronic damage with persistent pain or malabsorption. Patients with chronic pancreatitis can present with persistent abdominal pain or steatorrhea, as well as severe nausea. Some patients with chronic pancreatitis often look very sick, while others don't appear to be unhealthy at all.

0 Online
0 Online
  • janev825

Black stools???

Hi I had green stools for a while and now they are black. Can you have black stools with CP and should I be concerned? I don't know if I should call my doctor or not??
  • My son was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. I'm confused as what he can and can not eat.also , what supplements are good to take. and has anyone tried Apple cider vinegar?
  • TDWagner

Hello....

I am just curious. Is anyone here? I see last post was a month ago. Just looking for people who suffer from this problem as well and who are willing to talkt o others who also suffer.
  • Hey every one my name is alfred i am 29 years old ..i had my first pancreatitis attack a little over a year ago ended up in the hospital for a week ...i stayed pretty true to my diet salads subway and chickn with veggies fish pretty much the same stuff all the time...im here tryna talk with other people about diff foods and advise on how to make it in life with thus problem im still afraid to eat...
  • 3 years ago, I found out I have mild CP and also a 4 mm cyst in my pancreas. I am now 56 and was screen for pancreatic cancer because my brother died from it. I have a very proactive and preventive GI who is on top of this. When I found out 3 years ago, he told me to reduce my fat intake in my diet, and reduce alcohol. He didn't say stop alcohol. I am surprised after researching and reading...
  • I think that dates on the postings would be helpful so new information and ideas and issues would be at the forefront.
  • tkiser

TP /AIT 5 Weeks Out

I keep posting these because before my surgery I didn't find as much good news as bad news about what happens following this surgery. This makes sense because most people who are doing well don't need to turn to the support groups. But I want people to know that many do very well following this surgery.I am feeling more normal everyday. I take tramadol mostly for the pain now and don't need the...
  • Hello all,I have not been diagnosed with either yet. I am here looking for help because something is wrong, but I am not sure what it is. My father passed from pancreatic cancer 5 years ago at 59. I am a 26 year old male. I drink occasionally (1-2 drinks a week) and am very fit. For the past 6 months, I've had this dull ache on my left flank, right below my rib cage. It is around a 2 on the pain...
  • Can anyone tell me where a person can find the new posts? I'm having difficulty navigating this new site......
  • After 2 long years, 7 hospital stays from Pancreatitis attacks, I can put it to rest. Local doctors tried 2 years but could not find a reason. They told me I would have to live with this. But my wonderful wife didn't let me give up.I was referred to the famous, Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis. They found a 14mm adenoma (growth) that was growing out of my pancreas and stopping the flow. They...
  • I gradually got sick and sicker over a period of a year. The ab and mid-back pain is the worst I've ever endured. I was extremely nauseated until I changed.my diet to clear liquids..no solid food. Numerous other symptoms, feeling not well, exhaustion, bowel, but the pain is literally stealing my life. Doc had all these theories, ran test, kept chasing a diagnosis. Finally, after passing out from...
  • Hi all,I'm hoping someone with experience with this can help me out here. My boyfriend went on travel about a month ago and with no prior warning, ended up with severe pain after only a few days of being gone. He went to the hospital and spent 2 weeks there after being diagnosed with Pancreatitis. Admittedly, neither of us knew ANYTHING about this. I've done a ton of research and have...
  • I have acute on recurrent heading toward chronic pancreatitis. Last EUS finally showed "stranding" and " multiple micro calcification so". Th e doctor said " I have seen worse but I have seen better." So... Last time I was in hospital was after shoveling compost. I had a sharp pain right where the pancreas is, when I was throwing a shovelful off the truck bed.I decided I better take a break and...
  • My life has been hell for the last 1 ½. I have been living with reoccurring pain in my stomach and back. Also every time I eat anything with more than 3 grahams of fat I bloat like crazy, and I mean I look like I’m 8 months pregnant. Back in December of 2014 I ended up in the hospital with server abdominal pain that felt like my insides were being ripped out slowly. They told me that...
  • janev825

Pancreatic enzymes

I'm having trouble deciding if I should call my doctor or not for pancreatic enzymes. I'm having gas, bloating and cramping when I eat. I'm also having greasy stools. Like I said I don't know if I should call or not. Does anyone else experience this?