Oral Herpes Support Group

The herpes simplex virus is a virus that manifests itself in two common infections, each marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin, mouth, or lips. The disease is contagious, particularly during an outbreak, and is incurable with present technology. Stress, increased exposure to the sun, viral infections, and facial injuries may increase the chance and severity of outbreaks.

0 Online
  • SandyFletcher001

A GOOD HERBAL DR.

Hello everyone, Now this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr. Magana a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes, this i had suffered from for the past 2 years and have spent so much money...
  • eladnama

need some advice...

I found out I had herpes type 1 about two years ago, & I got it from this guy that I fell like an idiot for. You know the type that just oozes trouble but you go for it anyway, yeah.  He is pretty despicable but what can I do?  When I found out I thought my world had ended, & the doc told me that "it's fine, 1 out of 5 people have it, blah", but I still can't get over how disgusting I am now...
  • RachM

Miserable

I don't think I would be this miserable if I hadn't passed it to other people. I could probably cope with it on my own. But now, life just sucks because I have to work up the nerve to apologize. I don't mind aplogizing, but who would want to forgive someone who did this to them? Though, not intentional. I would just like some friends for spport and I will gladly support you back. I'm super...
  • jacksbud

New here...

I just joined this group because I just found out that I have HSRV1, and 2. I can't for the life of me know how long I've had it,because I've never really had an outbreak?? I did have some contact with someone questionable a few weeks ago, my mainquestion is how long does it take for it to actually show up on test? I have read that HSRV1 is very common and is basicallycold sores, which I have had...
  • mrscarter0605

Genital Herpes

This group looked like it was only for Oral herpes, but I mainly came on this site to talk with other people who have been going through what i have been going through for almost 7 years. Genital herpes when I first found out I found out I was pregnant and being diagnosed at the same time. I was super depressed, it was hard to tell people. Still is hard to deal with so sometimes I still cry about...
  • deleted_user

Atypical Herpes??

I just started this problem last year and have had 5 outbreaks so far this year.But I NEVER get a sore that oozes or crusts. What I get is my entire lip area gets red, swollen, dry and burning. The tingling comes days later.There are tiny white dots in many places but they never get bigger.Does ANYONE else have something like this?And can you get an outbreak when your lips come into contact with...
  • deleted_user

First Outbreak, is this normal?

Hi all,this is my first time on this site. I was only recently diagnosed with oral herpes when I started having symptoms this week. It's my first outbreak and it's super bad. My gums are swollen and oozing and everything inside of my mouth hurts. To top it off I have four sores on my lips/skin that are incredibly painful. I was just wondering if this is normal for a first outbreak and if my next...
  • deleted_user

Intraoral Herpes Just won't Stop!

Well anyways I've always had Herpes simplex 1 it usually effects the skin around my lips. About 3 yrs ago I got my first ulcer in my mouth the doctor though it was cold sore in my mouth it was in a very painful spot so he gave me lidocaine gel which I use sparingly as I still have some! But this last 6 months I have had non-stop infections of intraoral herpes at one point in time almost my whole...
  • bobinmaine

new here

I am new here and kinda in the dark. I was just told by my dr that a recent blood test showed I had antibodies against herpes type 2.I can't recall having sores in my genital area but I can remember having sores around my mouth as a kid growing up.Can anyone enlighten me?Thanks!
  • deleted_user

I passed it along

Okay so this may seem silly, but I didn't realize until just recently that cold sores could be such a serious thing. I guess I always knew that they were a form of herpes, but I didn't realize I should be so concerned with them. My doctor knew I got cold sores and prescribed me a suppressive Valtrex treatment, but never talked about precautions or made it clear to me that I have Herpes type 1. ...
  • vivi2626

try xerese!

everyone should try xerese. its a prescribed mediation that works wonderful! if you put it on at the time of the itch, it goes away usually within a day or so. you wont even form into a blister if you use it early enough!even if you get to the blister stage, this cream helps to reduce healing time and makes the blister smaller and less noticeable. this is a great mediation!
  • Lola06

Diaper Cream treatment for cold sores?

I found on the internet last night that diaper cream helps heal cold sores.I have an outbreak now and its bigger than normal, so Im willing to try anything. Went to the store this morning and so far have been sitting at home with diaper cream on my lip. So, far not sure if its working, but Im willing to try it. I read its the Zinc in the cream that helps heals the sore. I also picked up some...
  • deleted_user

How did you become infected?

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share how they became infected with the oral herpes virus?
  • deleted_user

Can I spread this without having an active sore?

I guess I don't know that much about cold sores. I got the virus by accidentally sipping out of my roommates soda once. I heard recently that you can spread it to the genitals through oral sex even if you aren't currently experiencing an actual cold sore. If that's the case, I will probably never give my boyfriend oral sex again..
  • going2bok

How long are cold sores contagious?

I've found mixed answers regarding how long the contagion lasts after an outbreak? I heard it can stop being contagious as soon as the sore/redness are gone but then I also read it can be contagious 7-10 days after the sore disappears. Can anyone clarify? Surprisingly there is limited information about this out there on the internet.