Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) Support Group

Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) an ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile, and defiant behavior toward authority figures that goes beyond the bounds of normal childhood behavior. When a child cannot seem to control his anger or frustration, even over what seems to be trivial or simple to others, the child will often react in violent or negative ways to his own feelings.

0 Online
  • my son is 16 and was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD he is statemented from an early age but he is getting worse he is becoming controlling and violent his language is vulgar and he doesn't care no empathy at all I have been asking for help for years but until I say I am going to harm my child no one will help we are constantly arguing and it ends up with him damaging my home and my car I need help...
  • superthor1022

son driving wedge between spouses

My soon to be 12 yrs old son was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD/ODD at age 4.  He also strugles mightily with anxiety and some learning disabilities.  Over the past ~2 yrs dealing with his behavior problems has begun to take its toll on my marriage.  My wife and I have struggled to get along with each other and I know a lot of it is due to the daily struggles with our son.  I would to assume that...
  • ammodd

Someone gets it, right?

I'm new here. I haven't read enough posts to know everyone's story, nor do I have it in me to explain the breadth of mine at the moment. But, I could write a very long and extensive book on my experiences. My son is 17 and today I'm feeling the last 17 years of parenting him. He's in his senior year and I had to take away Homecoming today, he deserved that punishment ten times over, but still I...
  • http://www.thefamilythathealstogether.com/oppositional-defiant-disorder-treatment-holistic-approach/Highly reccomend reading this blog if you know someone with ODD. I whole heartedly believe that when our bodies are sick our minds get sick. These are all natural treatments. I just started the detox today. After the detox I will be giving him BioRay Kids Happy, Focus, Shine and Calm. I will post...
  • jersey4ever

Any success with Ranch Programs?

Has anyone had any success - seen lasting change - from one of the 60-90 day ranch programs?  I was watching Dr. Phil (I know - take it with a grain of salt) and he was sending kids to Therapeudic Ranches.  They are very expenseive - about $30,000 - but honestly - if I though I would see lasting change I woudl find the money.    My therapist thinks its a waste - that my son would "play the...
  • Susie

Terrified

I have a fairly new partner and I couldnt be more in love. However his son has ODD. He is at times a most unloveable kid. I am terrified, because from what I read about it, this only gets worse.I don't wanna go over to his house, becaue of the kid. But naturally, my amazing partner is a package deal. He comes with his kid, not on his own. But because this kids is such a handful, there is little...
  • George0421

Tough morning

Hi all.  I'm new here.  I have an 11yo daughter that we adopted from the Foster Care System.   She has ADHD, Bipolar and terrible anxiety.  We are concerned that she is ODD.  Within the past two weeks she has: threatened my wife, thrown stuff at both of us, hit another kid at church in the head, stolen stuff from other kids, her dance studio, stolen the car keys and food from church, and...
  • mkehoe

What do I Do?

I am a step father to a 13yr old with ADHD/ODD and I have no idea how to get through to him. He has busted holes in doors, destroyed lawn equipment, messes with his younger brother, is disrespectful, uses foul language, lies, blames others. If he is repremanded for anything especially by me its a staring match where I get the feeling he is waiting for me to make the first move. His real father...
  • cp1986

Heartbreaking to watch

my son was diagnosed in Dec after 6 years of trying to get him help, he is now 10. He has both odd and ADHD, the pead felt he would benefit from being medicated due to the diagnosis being so late, since the 1st lot of meds he has been upped doses every 3 months and that's it! No offering support groups or counselling or any extra info or support, no help with his lack of sleep, or the fact he...
  • schuppv

Helpless and ready to break

I've had my nephew for 2 months. He's in our custody by the state. He's had ADHD and ODD but I've not been his caretaker and didn't really experience any if the symptoms until now. Since he's been with me and his uncle its been a nightmare. I don't know how to handle him when he starts in. He challenges EVERYTHING we say. If you say the sky is blue he will argue for hours that its not. Its a...
  • Hello All,My son has recently exhibited almost all of the markers for ODD.  His school has advised us to do a reward chart but also insisted we get him assessed.  My daughter, currently 7 years old, has been diagnosed with and treated for ADHD since she was 4 years old, so I am not against seeking psychiatric services, in fact, he has an appointment with a psychiatrist at the end of this month....
  • I have been researching ways to help my 7 year old and came across this blog. I ordered everything she recommends. Gonna give it a try when it all comes in. Read her whole story with her son Camden. http://www.thefamilythathealstogether.com/oppositional-defiant-disorder-treatment-holistic-approach/http://www.thefamilythathealstogether.com/pandas-syndrome-how-we-healed-it/
  • Parent_Zero

Animal Cruelty

Hi, I'm new here, and I feel so alone. My 10-yr-old stepson has ODD and ADHD, but he seems pretty atypical; he has a sunny nature, never raises his voice in anger, and he's extremely passive. BUT. . .he lies constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, and about things that don't even make sense, and he's horribly cruel to animals. I'm so ashamed to admit that, but it's true. We have kept our cats locked...
  • dodge7

Does it get better?

Today I have reached the end of my rope.  My 7 year old son is obsessive about so many different things and when he loses it he can't recover.  Today he had a meltdown about moving his clip and was sent to the principals office which led to his suspension tomorrow.  I think he meds are not working and I am heartbroken.  I want to help him so badly!  Please tell me it gets easier?  
  • my son just turned 5 and we've been battling his odd for a year now and have tried rewards system after reward system we've tried ignoring the attention seeking behavior as well as spankings n punishment and nothing is working lately he's been very aggressive at school fighting his teacher and classmates to the point they could have pressed charges on him I'm so lost! When he's not acting out...