Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) Support Group

Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) an ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile, and defiant behavior toward authority figures that goes beyond the bounds of normal childhood behavior. When a child cannot seem to control his anger or frustration, even over what seems to be trivial or simple to others, the child will often react in violent or negative ways to his own feelings.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Juliaclair

please help me

Hi, I'm new to this group and i really hope I can get some advice/support and actually be believed when say how bad things are. I've read quite a few posted and they are all basically saying the same thing, odd it's horrible and hard to deal with. I had a diagnosis of odd for my 12yr old son in April and im still waiting for someone who can help us. I've read everywhere that an odd specific...
  • Jent

At the end of my rope

Hi. Im new to this site. I have an 8 yr old son who is diagnosed ODD, ADHD AND DMDD. I can deal with most of it but the ODD is the worst. It's like living with your worst enemy. Hes basically abusing me evryday. Then he will apologize and be nice. It's a roller coaster ride. How do you all deal with this? I am depressed and severely stressed.
  • stressedmom13

At my wits end

I have a 10yo son who was diagnosed in kindergarten with ADHD/ODD. Here lately he has become more aggressive. He has kicked giant holes in his walls, is breaking another door to his room and his anger and frsutration is off of the charts. He was in therapy, but his therapist left and trying to find a new one is challenging. He is on medication for his ADHD, but I don't think it is working...
  • Susie

Terrified

I have a fairly new partner and I couldnt be more in love. However his son has ODD. He is at times a most unloveable kid. I am terrified, because from what I read about it, this only gets worse.I don't wanna go over to his house, becaue of the kid. But naturally, my amazing partner is a package deal. He comes with his kid, not on his own. But because this kids is such a handful, there is little...
  • MommyBetty

Feeling hopeless

I just want to say that ODD is really really hurting our family. My 13 year old has it and puberty makes it worse.The calls by the school regarding my son's behaviour is like a dating service phone line :( They keep coming! I really really really am struggling here. I am from a 3rd world country and therapist comes with a hefty price. It's not easy to get help.Please please share to me what you...
  • My 11 year old step son I dont know what to do. He is mean to me, lies to me, disrespects me, goes behind my back to his dad. I have been in counseling. He also goes. He has ODD and his dad and i dont know what to do. I have trouble with his dad following through with things but i want to try to get on some sort routine and some good consequences that matter. But me being a step mom my opinion...
  • Motherof6

New today

my son is 6 and has odd adhd sensory issues and anxiety . This odd stuff is kicking my trash. He still wets the bed-I don't see an end in sight to that . Is this a common thing with these kids and will he ever grow out if it ? Also- lately I've had some people tell me that puberty makes all of theses kids frustrations exaggerated . I'm scared to death about this possibility .... Is this true ? I...
  • We have 10 yr old boy-girl twins. Son has ADHD but daughter has Odd, adhd. anxiety and bed wetting. We are very concerned about our daughter. She is so mean to her brother and constantly doing things to him for some perceived wrong he has done her that is often not real. She is known at school as a mean girl and has few friends. Nothing is ever her fault. Everyone does something to her...
  • LJorja

Is it me?

I am the mom of 3 kids. 2 girls (19 & 20) who are biologically mine and an 11 yr old boy whom I have had since he was 18 months old. Hubby & I adopted him finally in 2012. My 19 yr old was Rx with ODD 2 yrs ago, even though I knew much earlier than that. Problem is, I see the same behaviors in my son. I don't know if the way he's behaving has to do with puberty, but there are some days that I...
  • My daughter goes between her dad and I's homes. Both homes are different with different parenting styles, discipline, I'm married with a stepson and her dad has a live in girlfriend. Financials are different too so she gets alot at her dads. Its making the already difficult challenges of her having ODD even worse. I have no control over her dads choices and although we try doing similar...
  • Mom2016

Looking for help

I'm a foster mom getting ready to adopt an 8 year old boy who has ODD. I love him to death he is the sweetest boy when he wants to be. We adopted him in 18 day and he is so happy and excited. I'm not sure if what my husband and I r doing is the right thing when we discipline him. Any help would be awesome. He is very bossy and loves to tell me and my husband what we will and will not do. Things...
  • Motherof6

New today

My son is 6. He has adhd odd anxiety and sensory issues . He still wets the bed . Can't see an end in sight for this - do these kids grow out if this anytime soon ? His odd is kicking my trash. I never knew what it even was untill my youngest son of 6 was recently diagnosed . It's nice have a name for it though . We love him but ugh it's completely exhausting on so many levels.
  • George0421

Tough morning

Hi all. I'm new here. I have an 11yo daughter that we adopted from the Foster Care System. She has ADHD, Bipolar and terrible anxiety. We are concerned that she is ODD. Within the past two weeks she has: threatened my wife, thrown stuff at both of us, hit another kid at church in the head, stolen stuff from other kids, her dance studio, stolen the car keys and food from church, and has just...
  • My soon to be 12 yrs old son was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD/ODD at age 4. He also strugles mightily with anxiety and some learning disabilities. Over the past ~2 yrs dealing with his behavior problems has begun to take its toll on my marriage. My wife and I have struggled to get along with each other and I know a lot of it is due to the daily struggles with our son. I would to assume that this...
  • We have 2 children, a 9 yo son and 12 yo daughter. We have no issues with our daughter. Our son has always been strong willed, but as he has grown older he has become more and more defiant, violent, aggressive and difficult. His behavior at home is extremely stressful for the whole family. I was so happy to find this online support group and have been reading some of the discussions and...