Neurocardiogenic Syncope Community Group

For anyone suffering with an autonomic dysfunction like NCS, POTS, or other vasovagal syncope and would like to connect to others and discuss, share, and care about one another as we learn to cope with the many challenges of this disease. And remember that DailyStrength is designed to be completely anonymous. The only information that is required is for you to choose a member name that will be publicly visible.

0 Online
  • mega54

I have fainted a total of four times so far this year. I have no warnng. Thanks to many tests and a loop recorder I am reasonably sure it has nothing to do with my heart. I am confused and frustrated. They have not done a Tilt Table test. They are going to do a sleep study, an EEG, and an MRI. I am taking as many precautions as I can think of to avoid injury from falling. So far, I have only...
  • Group FounderPJamela

I'm going on a vacation in a few weeks. We're flying from Indiana to Arizona. My husband has a work trip for the first three days and we're taking another 5 days to see the Grand Canyon and such. I'm excited. But I hate flying! I hate the way it makes me feel so high up and I'm always nauseous and can't hear for an hour afterward. I'm taking some Crystallized Ginger with me for nausea. Has...
  • mamavacik

SO Seeking Support

Hello everyone,My husband failed the second half of his tilt table test this morning. I've yet to speak directly to his doctor because I've been at work all day, but my husband told me that both of his heart's atria stopped working, causing him to lose consciousness.It's been a long road to get this far - he first began having "episodes" in Feb 2015. Since then, we've been to the ER at least 3-5...
  • gp19

Backstory and Symptoms:I'm a 23 year old female and I have been told by Cardiologist #1 of 4 that I have Vasovagal Syncope (NCS). I first fainted when I was 10 or 11. It was hot at my aunt's funeral and I hit the deck. I then started passing out from the shower. Luckily I have enough warning I was always able to get out of the shower and pass out on the floor rather than inside the shower. For...
  • WhiteDolphin

Hello, just venting. I am so frusrated at the difficulty of controlling this with medication etc, because stress and weather also affect me and make it worse. I can't tolerate the heat, so I like winter better, but due to other illnesses Winter also makes me hurt more, but I live in south Texas so I don't deal with true winter that often, but I do deal with heat and humidity 90% of the time. ...
  • noah600

New here

I am new here and scared about all of this:(
  • HiI'm new to the group, Brand new diagnosis of neurocardiogenic syncope, fainted on the tilt test -although I have been having symptoms for years.I have tried a number of antidepressants - prozac and other SSRIs, and also SNRI, as well as older generation like Remeron and elavil, They all make me so dizzy that I can't lift my head off the pillow. Also gave me hallucinations. Currently I'm not...
  • kmontgo90

Hello and Introduction

Hello everyone,I'm 25 and have recently been diagnosed with vasovagal syncope. I have been suffering with it for the last ten years, and was told it was low blood sugar. I moved to Florida back in August to start work at Disney, and had six pass out episodes down there while working for four months so that I was forced to come back home to Jersey and get better health care to figure out just what...
  • tstone525

Newly Diagnosed

I was just diagnosed today after a gazillion blood tests, a few MRIs, a few CT scans, a tilt table test, some stress tests, and a few more tests I can't remember because I first started getting tests done when I was 13 and I am now 31. This diagnosis, well today is a happy day, because after almost 2 decades of looking for an answer I FINALLY have one. But I want to know more, and hear stories,...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Happy holidays

Well, Christmas is behind us, and New Years is upon us!I just want to wish everyone happy holidays!
  • Group FounderPJamela

Happy holidays

Well, Christmas is behind us, and New Years is upon us!I just want to wish everyone happy hollidays!
  • Group FounderPJamela

Medication change

About two months ago, I decided to have an allergy evaluation. I am apparently allergic to anything green outside, dust mites, and my cat (I'm keeping the cat). In order to get allergy shots (which I think will be useful since my husband is an outdoors-man and we go camping every summer), I had to go off Atenonol. Betablockers inhibit the effects of the shots. I had to see my cardiologist, and I...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Anyone also have fibromyalgia?

Recent research has been showing that fibromyalgia is also associated with the autonomic system, in the same way as syncope issues. I found this interesting, since I have both and was diagnosed with both within weeks of each other.
  • Group FounderPJamela

I recently had allergy tests run. I'm not allergic to molds, but grasses and weeds, dust mites, and my cat cause symptoms. I had to go off the beta-blocker that I have been on since 2009 and was put on Midodrine. Seems to be working okay. I can't take a beta-blocker and receive allergy shots, so I opted for the Midodrine. Just happy I am not experiencing fainting symptoms. Just a little dizziness...
  • deleted_user

Near-fainting, dead legs and more

Hi, I hope there is somebody who can help me here. I am desperate!I have been sick since the beginning of the year and undergone a load of tests.... to only NOW be referred to a cardiologist. I think the other doctors screwed up ..It started with episodes of extreme tiredness and heavy legs, weight gain, falling asleep at work ... to then getting lightheaded, to then feeling like Im drunk, and...