Neurocardiogenic Syncope Community Group

For anyone suffering with an autonomic dysfunction like NCS, POTS, or other vasovagal syncope and would like to connect to others and discuss, share, and care about one another as we learn to cope with the many challenges of this disease. And remember that DailyStrength is designed to be completely anonymous. The only information that is required is for you to choose a member name that will be publicly visible.

0 Online
  • Felidae

Fainted on vacation

I just joined this group, glad to know other people suffer from syncope and know that awful feeling when one is coming on. I also have this anxious/ depressed feeling now, waking up nauseous,  afraid of having another episode and then trying to explain to my Dr how bad I feel when I'm clinically 'healthy'......frustrating
  • frustratedpoet0001

anesthesia worries

i am 52 and my Doctor has been buggin me to get a colonoscopy done.  I had it done a few weeks ago and I wondered what effect NCS would have when coupled with anesthesia.  The good news is that I had no discomfort at all during the procedure, in fact when I awoke I didn't even know it was finished.   It was as if a switch had turned me off instantaneously and now I was back on.  I remembered...
  • Group FounderPJamela

felt faint at the doctors

I'm so glad that my medicine works well for me. I don't know what I'd do if it didn't. I did have an episode at the doctors office three weeks ago. I had to lay down right after my allergy shots and be looked after by the nurse (I was embarrassed). I have never had problems with fainting after a shot or giving blood, as long as I sit for a bit after. But the nurses always have me stand when I...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Working in the yard

Okay, my mother in law gave me some beautiful hostas that she didn't want from her yard. So, I needed to plant them in my yard. No big deal, right? I made it through that. But I got overheated while spraying weeds and barely made it to my garage, where I had to lay down on the cold cement and rest on my back. The humidity and leaning over messed me up. But, I didn't faint! I got lightheaded and...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Feeling exhausted

I gave blood today in honor of my mom. Sometimes, I get lightheaded but today all went well. Then later, I had my two allergy shots and right afterwards, I had to grab a nearby chair. I know the symptoms and I felt lightheaded and hot. The nurse had me lie down for awhile. Never had fainting or lightheadedness after my shots before. But I have been worried about my oldest dog. He hasn't been...
  • Group FounderPJamela

How's everyone doing?

Just checking in with you all.I'm procrastinating my schoolwork. UGH. I'm trying hard to get motivated. Guess it's a little anxiety over all I have to do. Hope you all are well. Please check in. 
  • Group FounderPJamela

POTS and fatigue

According to https://myheart.net/pots-syndrome/ "According to our survey, fatigue (95.2%) is the most common symptom – which isn’t surprising considering the commonality of POTS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). Dizziness when standing is the second most common symptom (95.2%), followed by brain fog ( 93.1%), and heart palpitations (92.0%)."
  • Group FounderPJamela

NCS- disorder of healthy fit people

Chrystal's story: http://www.happy-mothering.com/09/health-2/diagnosis-neurocardiogenic-syncope/ She says, "The cardiologist referred to it [NCS] as a disorder of healthy, fit people. He said they very rarely see it in someone with poor health. So at least that's good news, right? I have to laugh about it so I don't cry or trigger an anxiety attack."To all, I hope you have a the best day...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Ever feel this way?

Haha. Ever feel this way at the doctor?
  • Group FounderPJamela

Need to vent...

We had a medical scare. My husband has been having pain, so we took him to the emergency room (this was after doctor appointments that didn't help much). They did a CT scan and said his bladder was enlarged, possibly inflamed. So, we scheduled a visit to a Urologist. He did outpatient surgery. Found nothing wrong. Husband still has pain. Doctor says its the hernia. Husband also has degenerative...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Encouragement

And I wanted to encourage you all to keep on trucking. Every day can be an adventure, even when we are hit with difficulties. My husbands father passed away last November very suddenly. I sent shock waves through our family like I've never seen. So difficult. Times like that can send our symptoms into overdrive. I made it through it. You can too!The Internet says: A sudden drop in heart rate and...
  • Group FounderPJamela

Just tired- check-in

Hello everyone!I feel tired today. Nothing exciting going on. Working on finishing my PhD. I took about a month off to collect by bearings and realize how fast time flies. I needed that break. I was going at it for 4 1/2 years straight. I had to ask others for motivation. But now I am getting to it. Just wanted to explain to this wonderful group why I've been so absent for so long with just a...
  • More information on foods and drinks: Page 12-13 http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/pdf/RoweOIsummary.pdf There's lots of good information in here about medications, too. Page 14-23.
  • Group FounderPJamela

So, we're supposed to exercise? Huh.

I know doctors mean well, but exercising when you have trouble with light headedness can be difficult. Here are some exercise tips: (love it!)Take it slow and easy. Who said we have to kill ourselves when exercising? We do what we can, when we can...http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=43 
  • Group FounderPJamela

Increasing salt intake

I like all these recipes for foods that increase salt intake, in perhaps, a healthier way. YUM!http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=145