Morgellons Disease Support Group

Morgellons or Morgellons disease is a controversial name for an alleged polysymptomatic syndrome characterized by patients finding fibers on their skin, which they believe are related to other symptoms, including intense itching, skin lesions, as well as a wide range of other chronic symptoms. These symptoms are occasionally accompanied by the belief in an infestation by some unknown arthropod or parasite. The term Morgellons is not in accepted use by the medical community and the syndrome is widely held by the medical community to be a type of delusional parasitosis. There is no agreed-upon physical cause, etiology, diagnostic criteria or proven treatment... Pressure from patients, including doctors and nurses who claim to have a host...

1 Online
  • Help1726

Need someone to talk to

I need someone to tell me I'm not crazy tell me what to do I hate this is started out like scabies or something and just keeps changing. 
  • Sagacioussusan

I messed up

I hate to admit this but I’m a picker. That is the worst thing to do with this disease. Luckily the only scars I have is on my legs. I try very hard to stay away from my face. I was good all through the summer months. I just ignored the biting. Then this week the biting had gotten worse and I started picking. It’s hopeless I know it is. My skin is covered with the damn things and from picking...
  • Sagacioussusan

Morgellons is contagious

For anyone reading this I want you to know this disease is contagious. I caught it from a friend of mine and I passed it on to my dad. My dogs have it also. So if anyone tells you it’s not contagious they don’t know what they’re talking about. Maybe the people they have exposed it to don’t show symptoms. Maybe their immune system is better for whatever reason they don’t show signs...
  • Leslieb73

Remission?

Does this ever go into remission? Or will the symptons just keep worsening? I have had lesions along my jawline, on my eyebrows, on my arms, etc for years and years. I've always just thought I had bad skin. But, unfortunately I've just realized that morgellons describes every symptom I've been experiencing for who knows how long. The shards of what looks like small crystals under my skin, painful...
  • georgewsusa

For now anyway; it is what it is...try not to trip

Hello, First, Have you read (at least the abstract) a peer reviewed artical written by, Middelveen & Stricker (2016); published by International Journal of General Medicine and titled, Morgellons disease: a filamentous borrelial dermatitis? Second, I would like to have an objective conversation (on this or another siter) regarding the disorder. I've got it and find myself suddenly disabled with...
  • Katniss1972

Diagnosed with Morgellons and Lyme

Hello my name is Kat. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and Morgellons. I was treated by a wonderful Dr. Her name was Dr. Ginger Savely. She retired about almost 2 years ago. I have noticed now that when I leave my environment, I become 99% better. I'm very strict with what I eat and follow a homeopathic treatment since my Doctor retired. I ended up having inspector come into my home. After the...
  • Larr619

Help!!!

Can someone please tell me what works with this Morgellons my hair is so infested.  Spent soo much money and nothing kills them.  Help.  
  • KathyL

Healing is in the Kitchen

The turning point for my healing came with the use of a Potato Poultice.  One year ago, I had 85 lesions on my body, andone of the worse was 2 inches long under my eye and down my cheek.  I had Morgellons for 5 years.I was awakened at 4 am and I heard a word, Poultice.  So I went to youtube.com and found a lesson by Barbara O'Neill on natural cures using the poultice.  The next day I spent...
  • Verdurer

another morgellons/bird mites post

I just found another comment on the birdmites.org site, about a women who did get Morgellons from the mites. The other person stated she thought she was getting them.Here is the post: (for whatever it might be worth to anyone on site forum)SOME PROGRESS BUT NOW MORGELLONS I continue my fight with the mites. I have found a few new options that help. First and cheapest: cayenne pepper. The mites do...
  • Verdurer

Caused by bird mites?

birdmites (and maybe other mites) could cause some cases of Morgellons. I know all about mites, because I had human mites 2x in my life, not the same are bird mites. Birds just left nest on balcony, and them come after you once the birds leave. Just a couple of days now, have to nip in the bud. However. was reading on birdmites.org (great site) one person wrote she thought her bird mites (had for...
  • deleted_user

Is it contagious?

Is Morgellons contagious? I was thinking about letting my son stay with me for a while, but I'm concerned about the possibility that he might catch whatever it is that I've got. I've read that young men in good health are usually not bothered by it, it just attacks people with weakened immune systems. He's 30 years old and in good health.Last summer, soon after I first started to experience...
  • NoMoreMysteries

I can't keep doing this

I remember the moment my life changed forever vividly. Dec 27th 2016 I was cleaning my pantry and all of a sudden it felt like 100 metal shards impaled my hands. The next day a large soft bump (now hard and small) on my inside wrist that the drs brushed off as a ganglion cyst. It pulsates and there has been a tiny non healing scratch on it the whole time (finally meeting w/surgeon next week to...
  • hauntedgirl25

Do I have it?

I dont know if I have it or not but have had some weird experincess. I went out for dinner one time and ate pan fried chicken with salad and felt sick within an hour. I vomited a small amount and when i looked in the toilet there were 4 strange looking fiber things....one was red another purrple,one green and the other half blue and red,they were bright,fluro and see through. They werent salad...
  • deleted_user

Hair peroxide cream&makes the fibers come out

I bleach my hair.I tried on a whim, because I was out of peroxide, hair peroxide cream 20 volume. Put it on in a thick coat and use a cotton ball and massage it around for a few minutes. You will see a lot of them come out. Change cotton balls. Then wash it off. If you follow up with aloe vera juice, then vitamin e capsules broken open and massaged in any lesions on skin heal really fast.Hope...
  • debrn7

Morgellons protocol

Use MMS 3-7 drops once every hour for eight hours  daily with Benonite clay from volcanic ash-directions for clay on package.  Use Demodex shampoo or Opulent shampoo made in Michigan with apple cider vinegar rinses.  Eat a Gluten and sugar free Paleo diet.  As needed Vasoline head to toe and wrap self in plastic cheap shower curtain for 8 hours, add peppermint oil to vasoline to kill what...