Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

1 Online
  • Lara210UC

lost

I am 47 years and never thought I would have a point in my life to where the man I love would tell me he is not happy and wants to leaves me. He told me that I have become this person full of anger and that at times I am just ugly inside. He pointed out that we don't make love anymore because we are too busy fighting.  Of course, he told me this before he went out of town to visit his kids.  So...
  • I consider myself a strong woman. I've been raising my kids alone since 1997 when they were 4 & 6 years old.  I've slowly moved up the ladder at work. The people I work with trust me to be able to do my work well. I'm a DIYer, doing my own yard work and home repairs. So, why is it the moments when I break down after a bad day that everyone remembers?A rough day yesterday. My daughter let me know...
  • maryfrances

Perimenopause and heart issues

Hi everyone - I'm new to this group and hoping to find reassurances through others with similar experiences. I'm 49 and have been in perimenopause for 3-4 years. Most of my symptoms up to now have been annoying and somewhat disruptive - insomnia, irritability, fatigue, mood swings - but the past couple of cycles I have been experiencing heart symptoms. They seem to be worse the first half of my...
  • MaryContrary

Weepy and over reacting

I've been this was for about 4 years.  Meno was surgical in 1999.  I was using estrogen patches till about 4 years ago.  That is when I got down and over reacted to everything.  But to be fair, life changed alot then too.  Now I can cry at the drop of a hat when I am at home.  I find myself getting irritated at little things.  Of course, I do work with the public and sometimes they just...
  • Tbaker

My God the hot flashes!

I don't know what else to do? I am going on my 3rd year of these hot flashes (major beads of sweat) and night sweats. The hot flashes are so bad I could jump out of my skin. I just don't know what more I can do or try to get a little relief, the night sweats and sleepless nights, ugg. 
  • pattipat

It DOES get BETTER!

Hi to all with a note of encouragement. I have been going through menopause for over a year now but my symptoms got really bad about 9 months ago. Since then I have had at least 20 symptoms or more. On that list have been: anxiety, jitters, suicidal depression at one time, burning sensations of the mouth and skin, LOTS of muscle and joint pain, flu-like symptoms, constant brain chatter,...
  • willows4u

question about a biopsy

Hi all. I am new to this group but not DS. I am ashamed to admit that I have not had a gyno exam in 6 years. I had one today. I am 45 years old and have been having heavy cycles for the last year, 3 in Otober, and none since December 4th. I mentioned this to my GYN and she said it sounds like perimenopause. She ordered a mammogram, a transvaginal ultrasound and a unterine biopsy. I am not sure...
  • Istheheaton

A dash of anxiety sprinkled with peri menopause

Hi I'm new to menopause (diagnosed peri menopause less than 6 months). I already had an anxiety/panic disorder before my diagnosis. I've noticed on months that I skip a period panic attacks set in! I do have questions: I would like to know if anyone else had anxiety before menopause and if so how do you cope? Thanks 
  • Moozanita

Fat and Old

Okay, so I guess menopause is here, well, technically, perimenopause. My weight has gone through the roof.  After years of being within 3 pounds I'm adding and adding as well as getting cellulite. Okay, fair enough, now I've incorporated a brisk 4 mile walk daily and NOTHING. MY TUMMYLOOKS LIKE I'M PREGNANT. Is this normal? What can I do? Also, I used to have a glass of wine on occasion and now...
  • vickicrouch2

Melatonin !

Okay I have noticed everytime I take Melatonin It stops my period.. I am going on 55 so not such a big deal, but have noticed the hotflashes are worse and bloating and feeling depressed is worse as well.. I thought it was just me but have looked it up and found that this is occuring with lots of women. My friend who is 8 years younger than me was taking Melatonin for years and stopped having...
  • maui17

Menopause

Hello everyone! I am new to the group. I have been going through menopause since last april and have done a variety of things to calm the symptoms of hot flashes. Those are fairly under control, but the moods and crying are making me bonkers! . I am very much an empath so the crying is nothing to unusual, but its the thoughts that create the emotions that i do not understand. I have been seeing...
  • Whiskey

Feelings of rage

Hi All. I'm glad to have found you. I'm 51 and have been dealing with symptoms for about 2 years. The hot flashes seem to have passed in the last 6 months. Fingers crossed!  I am now experiencing a general feeling of anger which can manifest into yelling. Ugh. I need to get a handle on this as it's now affecting my marriage. Thank you for the space to share My Sisters.
  • deleted_user

High sex drive

I am in perimenopause and find that I have an extremely high libido. I can not stop thinking about sex, pestering my partner about sex, or having sex. I have always enjoyed sex, but never to this degree. I asked my OB-GYN if this was normal and was told that it wasn't and I needed to consider therapy. I can not believe this is a mental defect. I believe it has to do with peri-menopause. ...
  • affirmations

Very Sad

Hi I just join your group and I have been sufferning with perimenpause since I was 37 years old I am now 46 years old. I thought I had PMDD but I was getting symstoms everyday so I knew it was more than PMDD.  So I got a saliva test done in 2013 it showed my progestrone and two of my estrogens were very low. I found out that I was in Perimenpause.  Where I live there are NO doctors who are...
  • dommie

Menopause after partial hysterectomy

how would one know if they had their womb removed but not the ovaries if they are going through the menopause?. I have had hair thinning quite badly it's depressing along with dizzy spells racing heart and sudden hot sweats on cold days! New hair growth is very strange and very wiry and coarse. The doctors have not been helpful tested my thyroid and said it's ok. I am about to have some private...