Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

0 Online
  • Perry314

What's Happening?

Hi There! I posted a discussion to this group and a second group. The second group I joined was very active and responses were coming in. I did not recieve a single response for my post and am wondering if this support group is still together? I was really excited to join and be able to grow by sharing experiences. I deleted my previous post. Please let me know as I would like to be a member...
  • Nike

A Pretty Good Week

This week has been pretty good so far, sleeping has been okay and not night sweats or hotflashes.  That always makes for a good week.  Hope everyone else is doing well and not having major symptoms.
  • sunnyinla

Estrace cream reviews?

I've been prescribed estrace cream for vagina dryness, pain, urinary urgency. Would any of you ladies that have or are using this cream please share your stories? I know everyone is different and what works for one might not work for another. I tried using it for 2 weeks .05 grams every night but I stopped due to getting lots of crying spells n anxiety seemed to worsened. I lost my appetite and...
  • Up-Down

Feel Like I am going crazy

I'm going throught menopause I'm having a very hard time with hot flashes, mood swings, depressionand cryingalmost every day. I have one sister and a mother that has Alzheimer"s { I'm dyslexic please bear with me} my point is I have no one I can take to about my this...I hope someone can help me through this difficult time in my life I do have one girlfriend { lost all of friends when...
  • Nike

Today's a great day!

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and rested.  First good night sleep in a long while.  It can be exhausting being in menopause especially due to not knowing when symptoms are going to come on and how long they will last.  It's the most frustrating time of life, I wish I can predict the symptoms.  Hope you all have a wonderful day today.
  • trishaannjam

Like being pregnant but nothing to look forward to

Ack!!! I feel just like I did when I was pregnant. Tonight, I was unable to take my kids to swim practice because I couldn't keep my eyes open and I was sooo nauseated.  I had terrible heartburn, too. I had to collapse on the bed, but I couldn't sleep because I was hot flashing so badly!!! Ack! Then, I feel guilty because it happens so frequently lately. I'm afraid people are thinking I'm a...
  • sunnyinla

Vaginal pain n bladder issues

hello ladies, Im new to this group n thankful to have joined it. I am 42 and have been going through menopause for 4 years now. Doctors say I went early due to several autoimmune medical conditions.I don't feel like myself as of the last 6 months. I cry all the time, I'm super anxious and depressed. I don't sleep well. My vagina always hurts. It's dry and feels raw. I had a Novasure procedure...
  • Jenw2337

Menopause melt down

hello. I'm 39 years old. I had to have a full hysterectomy about 4 or 5 years ago. The past weeks I have been depressed and feel like a emotional rollercoaster. Today I have been bad upset. My doctor can't see me until next month because she is booked up. I feel like I'm losing my mind and my olbido has gotten worse.Thanks 
  • Nike

Night Sweats - I can't take it.

I have been in the process of perimenopause and menopause for 10 years now and I thought that most of my symptoms had subsided.  Well hello night sweats again and sleepless nights.  When does it stop?   Does anyone out there have any ideas about ways to help alleviate the night sweats.  I hate to complain, but I don't like being exhausted either. 
  • morrj27

Frustration with doctors and need HRT advice

Hi all,I was reading a blog by a "famous" doctor who stated that there is no proven correlation between menopause and depression, but there is a link between menopause and "mood changes"  I don't see a major difference between the two.  When I come to this site and see so many peri and menopausal women suffering with depression, it is very hard for me to believe that there is no link.  If...
  • Isitover

There's a first-time for everything!

This is my first time ever on an Internet chatty type thing! I am 49 and am not handling whatever is going on with me very well. I am about two years into this freak show called perimenopause and I really have no outlet or support in my life. I have had insomnia, heart palpitations,  crazy itching skin, mood swings to the moon and back,  the worst brain fog and unpredictable weeping at THE most...
  • deleted_user

Perimenopause and internal tremors

After spending the last six months of my life thinking I was dying of some mysterious disease I learned that the " internal" tremors I was feeling were actually due to estrogen deficiencyand simply part of my perimenopause. In Jan 2009 I began to suffer severe heartburn, panic attacks, insomia, sweats etc. One day I thought I was having a heart attack and began a long journey of trying to figure...
  • shirl13

internal tremors and menopause

Hello AllI am new to this group, but not new to Daily StrengthI have been having internal tremors for over 6 months, mainly at night, my chest area shakes internally and I feel awful. I have got AF which it is not this. I suffer bad night sweats up to 5-6 a night, heart racing, the heat - feel really ill then the sweats.I have also had bad day sweats for about 6 months now. I have not had a...
  • CrzyOnCrzy

Making psychological disorders worse?

I have bipolar, PTSD and a lot of issues I have had to work through and live with and this extra layer of crazy is difficult. Does anyone feel like a hormonal teenager at times? 
  • maryfrances

Perimenopause and heart issues

Hi everyone - I'm new to this group and hoping to find reassurances through others with similar experiences. I'm 49 and have been in perimenopause for 3-4 years. Most of my symptoms up to now have been annoying and somewhat disruptive - insomnia, irritability, fatigue, mood swings - but the past couple of cycles I have been experiencing heart symptoms. They seem to be worse the first half of my...