Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Caroline5877

Cramps

Hi, I've been in menopause for seven years now. Not too many symptoms for me. Had hot flashes for a little while. But recently started having cramps. And no period. You'd think it would go away. I'll have them for a few weeks and then nothing for months. I can't find any information on this. It's not even listed as a symptom!! Any information anyone has would be appreciated!
  • Everything keeps changing. I just get used to feeling one way, when symptoms change and it always catches me by surprise. It feels like you're a contestant on a game show. You've arrived 20 minutes late, so you are not sure what the rules are. And even though you're pretty sure English is being spoken, what's being said makes absolutely no sense. It feels something like this:Host: What is the...
  • Hey all: Just wanted to jump in here and see if anyone has any idea of what REALLY works to help with the damn hot flashes. I am 52 years old, was finally told my my Gyn that it was time to be off the pill a couple of months ago, and since then I have 5-6 flashes during the day and 4-5 at night. I get this awful, claustrophobic feeling right before the flash, then the heat and stripping off...
  • Not that I'm a big hockey fan, it's the ice.I might be willing to give my queendom for a floor made of ice.In all seriousness, does anyone have any tips or tricks for dealing with the hot flashes at work?I'm fifty and have been experiencing hot flashes and other joys for about a year now.To date "grin and bare it" has been my treatment for all things menopause.i'm weary. Truth be told I'm feeling...
  • Hi all, since DS moved to this new format, I don't know how to search for posts on topics/symptoms etc. within support groups? This was so easy in the old format. If anyone knows, please post. Thanks!
  • i am 46 years old and i started menopause when i was 45 i had hot flashes for a month straight i was depressed and i cried alot now the hot flashes have stopped but sometimes my moods change and i do cry once in awhile. i also have fragile x syndrome a genetic disorder i was born with i hope to make some friends here i sometimes have problems sleeping at night i keep a journal of what i have been...
  • Nikola

Hi everyone

Hi everyone im 22 and got told i have early menopause yes i know its hard to believe at my age. Does it get any better? So many friends and family of mine are and have kids. and no i have none of my own. Its killing me i dont know how much more i can take. Sorry bout the rant
  • I'm in the middle of a hotflash & the electricity went out. I've had 2 fans blowing on me & I miss that cooling breeze. The noise of the fans helps to cover up the ringing in my ears, too. It came back on. Thank you. God! Now if only the relentless diarrhea & anxiety would go away maybe I could get out of bed!
  • Hello. I have been reading up on Peruvian Maca for perimenopausal/menopause relief. It is a root that I'd like a radish. It is supposed to balance your hormones naturally. It is not plant hormones like soy. I am allergic to soy. Has anyone tried Maca for menopause symptoms? It is supposed to help. I am thinking of trying it but would like to hear if any of you have tried it & if you had success...
  • kfla

40 and Perimenopause?

Hi Ladies,I here looking for answers and support from anyone who is close to my age or who had been experiencing symptoms of perimenopause.I have always had really bad periods- I am moody, crying and some depression. In the last month it has not gone away.I feel like I am struggling with TERRIBLE anxiety, digestive issues, some insomnia and just feeling down. I cannot seem to come out of it? ...
  • Luigijess

Alternative options

Hei all,is there anyone who could give me help in regards to using alternative options for these "hit flashes, emotional ups and downs, psycho behaviours etc etc.." I reac about HRT but Im not willing to stay put on pills for the rest of.. Not if I can help it.. If it means changing diet and lifestyle then OMG I can onli give it a go ay!!
  • Everybody talks about the hot flashes, but are the cold chills also a significant menopause symptom? I have those and they are bad. Sometimes I feel a cold sensation in my arms, in my chest and in my head, not as often as the hot flashes, but they are annoying. It also comes with a menthol sensation, like when you put bengay !!!! Also, the palpitations !!! it seems like my heart skipped a beat,...
  • mystie

Hot and Cold

Can any of you ladies tell me during your menopause did you ever feel hot and cold at the same time. I looked it up and said the biggest culprit is menopause. I've been in menopause over three and a half years. I have felt like this all day and this is the second time it's happened. I don't know if I should be going to the doctor or not. I do have adenoymyosis which is similar to endometrosis. I...
  • Hi, ladies! Although I know there is a 34 symptom list out there for us to compare our woes to, I thought that maybe I'd share the ones I've been experiencing. Maybe this will not only ease my fears a little more, but it may ease someone else's, too...after all, misery loves company....We will survive this, here goes:Flooding (done)Erratic periods (still occuring, last one was Easter, lasted 2...
  • I joined this site as my last hope to save my once so happy and loving marriage. My wife and I have been married 17 years and she has gone through menopause. I thought that was bad. Now most of the symptoms of night sweats have gone usually. Now I feel as though the once open sexy very loving and affectionate woman I married is gone too. Our twins have just reached puberty and are going...