Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

1 Online
  • pattipat

Anyone want to connect via email?

I really need to connect with someone else going through this. If anyone is interested please let me know. Thanks so much!
  • pattipat

jittery and pain

Does anyone else get this very jittery, internal trembling...like teeth chattering often accompanied by pain? Also, do others feel that their muscles get strained very easily and can be sore for days after doing very little?
  • mherdan

Hyper-irritable and anxious

I am definitely menopausal and have had the bloodwork done as well. I have all the textbook symptoms but the one that is the hardest for me to deal with right now is the extreme irritability. I am not normally like this and it is really bothering me. I feel like every nerve ending in my body is standing on end. Everything seems louder and everyone is annoying. They are really not (most of them)...
  • dommie

Menopause after partial hysterectomy

how would one know if they had their womb removed but not the ovaries if they are going through the menopause?. I have had hair thinning quite badly it's depressing along with dizzy spells racing heart and sudden hot sweats on cold days! New hair growth is very strange and very wiry and coarse. The doctors have not been helpful tested my thyroid and said it's ok. I am about to have some private...
  • snowglobe

So tired it hurts to breathe

i don't even know how to start without starting to cry. I feel so weak and pathetic on a daily basis, I'm glad I found this site to feel safe and understood. I am 49 and have been in menopause for 2 years now, but have felt tired and horrible for the past 7 years. I am so glad I have my kids to motivate me, but when they're not around I cry just because I'm left in my own head. I'm a stay at home...
  • deleted_user

Perimenopause and internal tremors

After spending the last six months of my life thinking I was dying of some mysterious disease I learned that the " internal" tremors I was feeling were actually due to estrogen deficiencyand simply part of my perimenopause. In Jan 2009 I began to suffer severe heartburn, panic attacks, insomia, sweats etc. One day I thought I was having a heart attack and began a long journey of trying to figure...
  • Justlenmom4

Struggling...

Hi ladies,Anyone else struggling with suicidal thoughts due to anxiety/dread feelings? I just don't want to live like this. I have a wonderful family, 2 young children, but nothing seems to matter. I just want some peace.
  • Up-Down

Feel Like I am going crazy

I'm going throught menopause I'm having a very hard time with hot flashes, mood swings, depressionand cryingalmost every day. I have one sister and a mother that has Alzheimer"s { I'm dyslexic please bear with me} my point is I have no one I can take to about my this...I hope someone can help me through this difficult time in my life I do have one girlfriend { lost all of friends when...
  • deleted_user

Need advice

I am almost sure that I am starting menopause. I started noticing changes when I turned 37 (2 months ago). My mother was about 59 when she noticed these changes in herself. The factors that differ between my mom and I are; I had one overy removed at age 28(due to dermoid cyst). my mom has had 4 children and breastfeed which I have had none of those things. My grandmother (moms side) passed away...
  • Justlenmom4

How to explain employment history?

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I left my last job after 2 months when I suffered a nervous breakdown due to the stress. I am now looking for new positions and some potential employers are asking for a release to check employment history, credit, etc. I had been planning to leave this employer off of my resume but that obviously isn't going to work.Has anyone else had this come up as an...
  • Justlenmom4

Something more must be wrong...

Do any of you feel this way? That it can't possibly just be menopause making you feel this bad? Everything that used to make me feel better no longer works. Not food, exercise, anything. I get no relief.It's hard to believe there isn't something more wrong with me. 
  • Corny

Could this be perimenopause?

Hi,,,,just joined this group.    I am sure I am in peri....irregular periods, sometimes every two weeks....more severe period pain...plus generally just feeling horrible.   Have cfs and lyme but have been improving..so wondering if I am now battling peri.   I also get bouts of vertigo...light headedness....terrible fatigue, apathy, bouts of tears and rage, and much more achey...sometimes I...
  • jennifera

HRT

Does anyone have any experience with hormone replacement therapy?Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful. 
  • Justlenmom4

Terrible attitude

Does anyone else feel like you have a terrible attitude about pretty much everything? I am so tired all the time that I find myself doing the bare minimum to get through the day. 
  • coolbreeze89

How to maintain control better?

I am 43 and have been peri (or "bat-shit crazy" as my husband says) for several years. I have always been a bit obsessive about things, but it is worse now.  I have all the emotional/temp instability everyone describes.  My husband is DONE dealing with me, and doesn't understand why I won't control the hormones, that I "don't get to take days off from being sane".  I am better at realizing...