Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

1 Online
  • Severst

Peri menopausal Anxiety and Nausea

I am 47 and for the past year and a half I have suffered from anxiety that came out of no where. I figured out that it was around my periods (hormones). My periods are irregular and were very heavy/flooding. Which left me with very low iron stores 7(5-225) being a vegetarian has not helped me. I had an ablation in May but my periods continued just not as heavy, but lasting 7 days. For the past...
  • Saramae215

New

Hello, My name is Sara,  I am new to this but I needed a place where I could be heard by others who were dealing with the same issues.  I am young, 39, but my mom was this age when she started hormonal issues associated with Pre-menopause.  I feel like I am losing my mind and it is hard for others to understand because I seem fine on the outside.  I have always had bad PMS but it went away...
  • Hopeful48

Losing It

Where to start? I am 53. Symptoms are getting worse cannot stop crying all the time,no sleep,terrible nightsweats.  Not sure how much more can take. Trying breathing mediation tea even xanax. Every morning I wake up and hope will be better. I have always been the strong one. Now I need help and people think I am exaggerating my symptoms. Any advise? Not sure what to try. Thank you.
  • Tolie

Jumping out of my skin...

I am 54 years old.  I am learning to tolerate the hot flashes, I am taking Trazodone to help me sleep through the night, it is the anxiety and depression that is pushing me toward the edge. The low libido, the dry everything and feeling invisible is compounded. I do know that cutting the sugar helps a lot with the flashes, however, I need some help with the anxiety, depression and anger. I...
  • utahgal

Thyroid

Most, if not all, symptoms of meno are the same as hypothyroidism. Has anyone found symptom relief from starting thyroid meds?
  • yona222

anxiety

Anyone know how to get rid of the anxiety and overwhelming feeling caused by perimenopause?I feel really stressed at times.
  • salena01

Perimenopause

Hello everyone, I pray everyone is managing there perimenopause or menopause symptoms well. I'm still dealing with this ear ringing (Tinitus) it's the worst, I have to sleep with music playing throughout the night, during the day I try Night to focus on it.i pray that we all get through this and return back to ourselves. I know for me prayer works wonders
  • Abismum

Feeling frustrated

Hi. Feeling like im in an emotional vortex!! Im 44 and perimenopausal. I am having what feels like extreme pre menstural symptoms like melancholy, very short temper, cant stand being touched, teary etc. Not sure if im just being a crazy cow or if this is normal for where im at. Please let me know :)
  • updown503

New

Hello, I am new and looking for information/support/recommendation! I am 49 haven't had a cycle for 14 months. I had my Fallopian tubes and left ovary removed 6/2014 due to endometriosis. All that said, I'm not sure why! I am having face flushes, night sweats, emotional instability, loss of muscle etc... my husband and I are on the verge of separation and I blame my hormones. I can't take HRT due...
  • yona222

Symptoms

Perimenopausal symptoms are many and each woman can have different experiences. The symptoms include: hot flashes, hot flushes, night sweats and/or cold flashes, clammy feeling, irregular heart beat, irritability, mood swings, sudden tears, trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats), irregular periods (shorter or lighter periods, heavier periods, flooding, phantom periods,...
  • DRD3170

Confused

Hi Im new here. I'm 47 and my dr tells me that I might be starting pre menopause. I had a ablation a little ice four years ago. I had a 41 day cycle last October, but since then my cycles go from 24-29 days. That is until this month. My last period was June 6th. Hubby and I had unprotected sex on day 23, but I didn't ovulate until day 36. It's now day 47 and still no period. I took to pregnancy...
  • danjul

Insomnia

Hi! i am new to post here. i am 53 and been on Perimenopause since i was 50. It started with severe panic attacks, insomnia, missed periods. Usually flooding periods for many days. Depression got worse later. i was on Mirtazapine but tapered down to almost negligent amounts. Since 3 1/2 months i have no periods. But i have started to have night sweats and my insomnia has gotten worse. i am...
  • Sizzling

sizzling with hot flashes

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group. Hope you are looking forward to the weekend. Right now the worst of the symptoms are hot flashes, night sweats, memory fogginess and not handling pressure as well as I used to. I was surprised to learn there are so many symptoms and yet glad that it meant there was a reason I felt this way
  • rosie1712

Help!!

I am new to the group, I am 48 year old and just had all the blood tests to confirm I am going through the menopause. Having all the symptoms - hot flushes, night sweats, confusion, loss of memory but finding it so difficult to cope with the feelings that I am losing my mind, the mood swings and tearfulness. I really am struggling to deal with it all and cannot even begin to think how I can deal...
  • fibonae

was diagnosed with lichens sclerosis

Hi,I was told that I had lichensclerosis two yrs ago.  Is there a group I can join?