Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

0 Online
  • AustinLily

New to group

Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I don't have a mother figure in my life to ask questions when I have them. So I am hoping through this group and I can gain some answers and understanding what is going on with me during menopause. My maw passed in 2010 and my only living grandma has dementia so she isn't much help. Looking forward to chatting with y'all
  • Up-Down

Feel Like I am going crazy

I'm going throught menopause I'm having a very hard time with hot flashes, mood swings, depressionand cryingalmost every day. I have one sister and a mother that has Alzheimer"s { I'm dyslexic please bear with me} my point is I have no one I can take to about my this...I hope someone can help me through this difficult time in my life I do have one girlfriend { lost all of friends when...
  • nutty

Metagenics O-Lift

Has anyone tried Metagenics O-Lift? I started taking the tablets about four days ago. I don't like to talk too soon but I think it is helping.
  • Hi, ladies! Although I know there is a 34 symptom list out there for us to compare our woes to, I thought that maybe I'd share the ones I've been experiencing. Maybe this will not only ease my fears a little more, but it may ease someone else's, too...after all, misery loves company....We will survive this, here goes:Flooding (done)Erratic periods (still occuring, last one was Easter, lasted 2...
  • nutty

Hot flushes

My hot flushes have intensified over the school holidays. I'm dreading going back to work on Wednesday as I'm not getting enough sleep. Is menopause a taboo subject? I'd like to tell my boss that I'm not quite with it at the moment but he's male. I might feel embarrassed. Must we suffer in silence?
  • Tracy

Peruvian Maca for menopause relief

Hello. I have been reading up on Peruvian Maca for perimenopausal/menopause relief. It is a root that I'd like a radish. It is supposed to balance your hormones naturally. It is not plant hormones like soy. I am allergic to soy. Has anyone tried Maca for menopause symptoms? It is supposed to help. I am thinking of trying it but would like to hear if any of you have tried it & if you had success...
  • anyone have this symptom?  I have seen a few other people have with peri.  I just want it to stop!  It is crazy!
  • One day in June 2016 I started having palpitations, panic and anxiety attacks, internal tremors and crying spells.  I did not know what was happening to me. I am 56 years old and have been getting a period every month.  After 2 trips to the ER, 2 visits to my primary care doctor, 2 cardiac heart test, a visit to the cardiologist, a visit to the gynecologist along with several phone calls and a...
  • nutty

Muscle twitching

Good morning,Is anyone experiencing muscle twitching? At night it really bugs me.
  • I just found this site this morning after having a draining discussion with my husband this morning, again!  Why is it so hard for men to understand the emotional and physical toll that menopause takes on the women who are going through it?  Where is their compassion and empathy?  I started going through menopause about 6 months ago and in the past few months am in the throws of horrendous hot...
  • this is my first post and I'm desperate! I'll be 46 in 2 months and am in peri-menapause (I think). About 1.5 years ago I began this crazy intense sweating from My face and head. It's insane and embarrassing and so uncomfortable! In the past 2 months I also began having HORRIBLE night sweats every single night. My whole body (even legs) become drenched along with my pillows, sheets and night...
  • tbarilan

Hello,i realize that this is a loaded topic, and that there aren't any easy answers. I'm going through really difficult menopausal symptoms, e.g. Anxiety, depression, irrational thinking and behavior - I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. I've gone on bio-identical hormones, just one week ago (they haven't actually relieved my symptoms yet), but I'm really freaked out about being on hormones. I...
  • Nikola

Hi everyone

Hi everyone im 22 and got told i have early menopause yes i know its hard to believe at my age. Does it get any better? So many friends and family of mine are and have kids. and no i have none of my own. Its killing me i dont know how much more i can take. Sorry bout the rant
  • mutsysmom

So down in the dumps over this IC

Hi everyone.  I'm 58 years old and I've been on HRT for about 5 or 6 years.  My doctor recently lowered my patch dosage from .075 to .005.  It was hard at first but I eventually did it.  I never felt as good though as when I was on the stronger patch.  My doctor told me she would like me off the patch by 60 because it showed that women on the patch long term had more cancer risk.  I had a...
  • kms2402

Has anyone had problems with bacterial vaginosis? I am 46 and started perimenopause 4 years ago. I have had all the anxiety, depression, bouts of crying, sagging skin, slow metabolism, fatigue, hot flashes, etc. This one is the next battle, I guess. I hadn't done anything new. I was using a new shower gel for about a month so I don't think that's what it is, but I stopped using it none the...