Menopause Support Group

Menopause is the physiological cessation of menstrual cycles associated with advancing age. It normally occurs in women between the ages of 45 and 55, when the body begins to slow and stop the production of eggs, estrogen and progesterone production decreases, and menstruation diminishes, eventually stopping altogether.

1 Online
  • Mugsy77

How to balance hormones

Sorry, I hit send too quickly. Can anyone tell me where our blood estrogen and progesterone out to be on HRT? I am 48 years old in perimenopause. Thanks.
  • snowglobe

So tired it hurts to breathe

i don't even know how to start without starting to cry. I feel so weak and pathetic on a daily basis, I'm glad I found this site to feel safe and understood. I am 49 and have been in menopause for 2 years now, but have felt tired and horrible for the past 7 years. I am so glad I have my kids to motivate me, but when they're not around I cry just because I'm left in my own head. I'm a stay at home...
  • jennifera

HRT

Does anyone have any experience with hormone replacement therapy?Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful. 
  • Up-Down

Feel Like I am going crazy

I'm going throught menopause I'm having a very hard time with hot flashes, mood swings, depressionand cryingalmost every day. I have one sister and a mother that has Alzheimer"s { I'm dyslexic please bear with me} my point is I have no one I can take to about my this...I hope someone can help me through this difficult time in my life I do have one girlfriend { lost all of friends when...
  • jennifera

Personal Question

i am in perimenapause,regular periods but definitely have symptoms of change.i am over the top craving sex at least daily.is this normal?
  • I want to know anyone else have been going thru this. I get this cramp and then this kind of flash that goes up to my head. Then I feel like a big hand is pushing to go out of my head. Then I can not think. It is real bad. This feeling says for about a half an hour and I feel like I am going crazy. I went to the doctor and they put me on Effexor. I still think it is a horman balance problem. ...
  • kms2402

BV

Has anyone had problems with bacterial vaginosis? I am 46 and started perimenopause 4 years ago. I have had all the anxiety, depression, bouts of crying, sagging skin, slow metabolism, fatigue, hot flashes, etc. This one is the next battle, I guess. I hadn't done anything new. I was using a new shower gel for about a month so I don't think that's what it is, but I stopped using it none the...
  • Justlenmom4

Something more must be wrong...

Do any of you feel this way? That it can't possibly just be menopause making you feel this bad? Everything that used to make me feel better no longer works. Not food, exercise, anything. I get no relief.It's hard to believe there isn't something more wrong with me. 
  • Justlenmom4

Struggling...

Hi ladies,Anyone else struggling with suicidal thoughts due to anxiety/dread feelings? I just don't want to live like this. I have a wonderful family, 2 young children, but nothing seems to matter. I just want some peace.
  • Justlenmom4

Please help - need advice/support

I am plagued by a dense of doom, dread, and paranoia that is really disrupting my life on a daily basis. It is hard for me to even leave the house, much less work. I feel like I cannot cope and I will not be able to deal with the inevitable death of my parents, husband, and the responisbility of caring for my children alone once they are gone. The answer that my mind keeps arriving at is...
  • AustinLily

New to group

Hi Everyone, I am new to the group. I don't have a mother figure in my life to ask questions when I have them. So I am hoping through this group and I can gain some answers and understanding what is going on with me during menopause. My maw passed in 2010 and my only living grandma has dementia so she isn't much help. Looking forward to chatting with y'all
  • jammy144

You will make it

Hi ladies, I hope u r all well and COPING.  I know it is not an easy fight. We all experience perimenoupause differently.My experience started at age 46 1/2.  It hit me like a ton of bricks, out of nowhere.  It started with a severe panic attack. My husband call the ambulance because I was convinced I was dying.  I'm now 51 1/2.  I had some many symptoms. Among them, anxiety, panic, here not...
  • Justlenmom4

Cannibis?

Has anyone had any luck using cannibis to relieve menopausal symptoms?
  • deleted_user

Perimenopause and internal tremors

After spending the last six months of my life thinking I was dying of some mysterious disease I learned that the " internal" tremors I was feeling were actually due to estrogen deficiencyand simply part of my perimenopause. In Jan 2009 I began to suffer severe heartburn, panic attacks, insomia, sweats etc. One day I thought I was having a heart attack and began a long journey of trying to figure...
  • Mugsy77

How to balance hormones

I am struggling and I think getting bad advice. Can anyone tell me where your blood levels of estrogen and pr