Marijuana Addiction & Recovery Support Group

This community is dedicated to those looking to overcome their addiction to marijuana, a drug produced from parts of the cannabis plant. Join the group to find support among people who are also looking to cease their habit of smoking marijuana, share your experience, and get advice. It's not easy to kick the habit, but together we can.

1 Online
  • Moondreamer1988

My therapist wants me to quit..

So I have recently starting going to AA meetings, but since I quit I started smoking more. I love smoking. I think it is great. It's not like I use it to hide or forget about anything. I enjoy smoking and love how it makes me feel. I understand why my therapist is concerned, because I am replacing alcohol with pot, but I feel completely different when I smoke. When I drink I become a different...
  • deleted_user

drug tests

how long does weed stay in your system?i have to take a drug test ??please help
  • McW

5HTP

Yet another day clean.Starting taking natural sleep pills as well as 5HTTP, or maybe it's 5HTP, the later sounds less like a web address. Either way has anyone else tried the 5HTP stuff, how did it effect you?Not feeling any urge to get high so that's a PLUS, but still having one hell of a time sleeping through the night without waking up a billion times.Still feels better than ever not having...
  • McW

I hate 12 steps makes me mad going to meetings

Every time I quit weed, I go back to these MA groups in my area. Each time I go I hope to come out feeling glad that there are other people like me, but when I leave I have a bad feeling inside and am quite angry at myself for going through the meeting, again.Most people identify themselves as drug addicts or alcoholics, which is great and all, but I wish most everyone was a weed addict as I...
  • jclark152

12 hour shifts the last few weeks. Eat, sleep eat shower work repeat...
  • McW

Dear Mr. Weed

The only things I can say I miss about you are ; The ability to stay asleep through the night without having dreams wake me up every hour or two.I also miss spending 25+ a day on weed to keep that feeling of getting high going...because anything less than an 1/8 or a G of oil just will not do it. I miss that feeling of crap I don't have enough for the day what am I going to do since I spent most...
  • McW

more posts

sarah321 [345]Aug 1Has anyone been addicted to marijuana? It does not give me anxiety but I can't stop using it as a distraction. Any advice or kind words would be helpful. This is the first time I'm addressing this with myself.COMMENT  11 Schizito [125]Aug 1Everybody says it's benign, but nothing could be further from the truth. That **** is the devil. I got schizophrenia because of...
  • McW

it's 4:20 am now

Maybe a month in without weed, I lost track. Still feeling pretty positive about it all, and deff feeling allot better than I ever did while addicted to weed. Only thing I can't seem to get under control is the sleeping. For the life of me I can't get more than 2 hours of sleep then I wake up, go back to sleep for an hour or two, and do it all again up until the 4-5 hour mark and then just say...
  • jclark152

And we're back

Gone for a few days but the porch light is back on.
  • jclark152

Doubles

Been working doubles this past week. Hopefully its over.
  • McW

1.45 hours of sleep later............

These dreams are just starting to get really bad and vivid.  It's always one to two weeks after quitting weed and then I start getting really really great dreams fun dreams dreams that I never remember before  when I smoked weed. Then after a little while in my dream something turns and it starts going downhill. A good dream always turns into a really really really bad dream to the point where...
  • pandora76

relapsing all the time but desperate for healthier

i just turned 40. i can't beleive i still smoke week. i am a professional and am sick of hiding it. sick of feeling ashamed. sick of running to pot to numb myself when I feel rejected by the world. i have quit successfully many times before. but it creates a lot of anxiety in the first couple months of quitting that I usually end up falling off the wagon. I have joined this sight partly because I...
  • jclark152

Good morning

Happy Friday. Not worried about it being the 13th. Ive used up all my bad luck.
  • McW

bad dreams after quitting weed

just reposting crap I put on another forumnew day new post.....so the one thing I HATE most about not smoking anymore is getting awful dreams EVERY TIME I go to sleep. Always wake up an hour.5 to 2 hours after I sleep and this happens over and over till I just say screw it and finally wake up around 6 or so...this is after getting to bed at 12-1am...so it really sucks.Smoking weed basically took...
  • geo70

Hello World

Hello All,   My story, I smoked pot, did some other drugs and drank for most of my teenage years. I came from an abusive family.   I now have 28 years sobriety but there is a hitch. I never felt I qualified for N.A., I always felt it was geared to heroin addicts.   I never felt I qualified for A.A. either as I may only be considered a heavy drinker by the Bigbooks definition.  So basically...